Normal Topic Solid Energy Illusions Formula (Read 609 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Solid Energy Illusions Formula
Jun 20th, 2010 at 2:28am
Print Post  
Of everything in V&V, the single factor that blew me away the most was when I carefully studied the SRs (Structural Ratings).

I had a PC (my brother-in-law's character Spectre) who regularly used Solid Energy Illusions (in his case he converted kinetic energy into usually animate forms, often in the shape of a large robot).  The rules never spelled out what the SIZE was of these created things, and so it sometimes became difficult to guesstimate.  What surprised me so - after careful study - was how accurate (and scientific) the Structural Ratings were/are.  I looked very detailed at the various weights of substances, and I found that their numbers were spot on, sometimes almost scarily so (they didn't just guess, obviously, but used some scientific data to get the numbers they assigned).

So this formula that I came up with, which utilizes the SRs that are so brilliant in V&V to begin with, worked wonderfully.

Illusions: (p. 13)
     B: Solid Energy.
     Inanimate:  To find the size of any object created, use the following formula: 2/SR x CP = ft. 3 where SR = the Structural Raring of the object formed, and CP = the Creation Points expended.

The formatting makes it a bit tough to read, but where it says ft. 3 that is supposed to show cubic feet.

« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2010 at 2:31am by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: Solid Energy Illusions Formula
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2010 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
The following example (below) should make this a bit easier to understand:

Illusions:
B: Solid Energy.  Inanimate: To find the size of any object created, use the following formula:
2÷SR x CP = ft³ , where SR = Structural Rating of the created item, and CP = Creation Points expended

So if a character wants to make a wall of solid energy (with a SR of 8), and he has 120 Creation Points, you get this:

2÷8 = 1/4

1/4 x 120 = 30

That tells you that you have 30 cubic feet of object, so it could be 5 feet high by 3 feet wide by 2 feet deep (or whatever measurements the character desires, so long as it doesn’t surpass 30 cubic feet).

IP Logged

>