Normal Topic "Teen Titans: Games" Graphic Novel in November, 2010 (Read 1019 times)
Tempest
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

"Teen Titans: Games" Graphic Novel in November, 2010
Jun 24th, 2010 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
I was hoping to be able to post about this at work, but couldn't remember the damned password to log on to my account for the site.

The text of the message is this: for all those who remember (fondly) Marv Wolfman and George Perez's Teen Titans series - which was, for me, absolutely as much a monthly must-have as Chris Claremont and John Byrne/Dave Cockrum/Paul Smith's et al X-Men - the aforementioned creators have been, for the last fifteen years or so, trying to hammer out a graphic novel that would serve as story-telling capstone for their efforts with their characters.  Because of various difficulties - Marv's unfortunate bout with writer's block, George's commitment to assorted other projects - only about half of the pages ever got done.  Marv had inquired with DC about getting a second artist to complete the missing half, but DC balked repeatedly: this was not a regular comic where last minute replacements and occasional futzes were part of the working scenario; Games had been conceived and initiated by Wolfman and Perez; Games was meant to be completed by Wolfman and Perez and no one else but.  Despite all the "But - but - but"s to the contrary, Marv had to finally agree with the soundness of their logic.  The last time I checked his site, Marv Wolfman had apparently acknowledged that the story was meant to forever languish in the could-have-been-great-but-destined-to-remain-unfinished category.

I took a look at his site for the first time in about a year this afternoon, during a brief interval, and gawped in wonder as I read the following,

After a 23-year hiatus, Titans co-creator George Pérez and I are re-teaming for an original 120-page Titans graphic novel to be published Christmas, 2010. You can read all about its making here: GAMES: THE GRAPHIC NOVEL.

After clamping a hand over my mouth to smother the screams of joy, my first urges were 1) to call my brother and inform him of this joyous event, and 2) post a message here to let the itinerant population in on the wonders we may behold.

I personally find it more than a little coincidental that not just one but two wonderful works from my adolesence are making distinguished return appearances within a couple months of each other.  Looking very, very much forward to being able to rework Nightwing, Starfire, Cyborg, Raven, and the rest of the gang back into the V&V mix in the next couple of business quarters.  Check out Marv's own explanation of the hows and whys of the situation yourself here.  http://www.marvwolfman.com/site/pageone.html Let the celebrations begin.  Smiley

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Re: "Teen Titans: Games" Graphic Novel in November, 2010
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
This has been on my "buy" list for a few months now. From what I understand, the storyline als introduces several new villains.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Duroon
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Look's good to me, The Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans was one of my favorite comic series .

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Wow, V&V is back,   Preze Wolfman Titans are back,  what is next?   Kathleen Turner is gonna get hot again?   Wink

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
you know John if that happens, only some of us will remember who she is  Grin

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

Draconis
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #5 - Jun 26th, 2010 at 10:02am
Print Post  
I remember...

Kathleen-Turner.jpg ( 21 KB | 7 Downloads )
Kathleen-Turner.jpg

RWOOOAAR!!!!!

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2010 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Darconis proves my point, He's older than me  Grin

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged