Poll
Poll Question: How many Basic Hits to you personally have in real life?
bars   pie

1 basic hit: 1-50 lbs.    
  0 (0.0%)
2 basic hits: 51-100 lbs.    
  0 (0.0%)
3 basic hits: 101-150 lbs.    
  0 (0.0%)
4 basic hits: 151-200 lbs.    
  6 (50.0%)
5 basic hits: 201-250 lbs.    
  5 (41.7%)
6 basic hits: 251-300 lbs.    
  1 (8.3%)
7 basic hits: 301-350 lbs.    
  0 (0.0%)
8 basic hits: 351-400 lbs.    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 12
« Created by: Troy... on: Oct 3rd, 2010 at 9:10pm »
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) How many Basic Hits to you personally have in real life? (Read 2019 times)
Troy...
Apprentice

How many Basic Hits to you personally have in real life?
Oct 3rd, 2010 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
I used to have 5 basic hits. Now I have 4. I was wondering where everyone else falls.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: How many Basic Hits to you personally have in real life?
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
For most of my adult life, I have had 5 basic hits.  I don't see this changing anytime soon.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
I've had 4 since high school. I stayed at around 170 for close to 10 years, but finally got up to 200 lbs in Iraq (and that was with me working out up to two hours a day), but now I'm around 185-190.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
I'm not very proud of this... I would not call myself obese... but I am a bit out of shape... I weight around 265lbs.  When in High School I weighed about 235lbs.  I'm 6'2".  I'd like to be more like 245 to 255... Just need more exercise. 

Its a pain when you reach 30 and your metabolism slows down and ...doesn't bother to inform you about the change! lol!

I'm pretty resilient to damage...at least in my opinion... all my life I have been active and a bit of a daredevil in my youth... through all that I never broke a single bone, only recently - 6 months ago did I break my elbow {doing something silly that I WILL NOT explain...so don't even ask. Smiley}  -  an acluded{sp?} break at the radial head.  Took about three weeks to heal.  I'm age 40... just this past September 15th.

So 6 basic hits seems about right for me.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2010 at 10:24pm by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #4 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 6:32am
Print Post  
I used to have 6, but have lost enough to drop down to 5.  In my adult life, I managed to work down to 4 several years back (when I got divorced and was working out 60-90 minutes daily).

IP Logged

Galaxy Boy
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 11:16am
Print Post  
I have 4. Closer to 3 though. Cheesy

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Okay I think Troy Imaginos and Galaxy Boy are bragging Wink Seriously guys congrats Smiley. I'm with Thunderbolt losing weight at 40+ is almost impossible.

When I was in the Navy I was a 4 pushing hard on 5 which I hit while playing football in college. Now I'm a solid 5 (okay not real solid) at 240 Tongue  Man I'd give my left leg to be a 6'2 210 halfback again. What-a-minute If I gave my left leg I'd be a 4 again so that won't work Cheesy
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2010 at 6:08pm by Ranger »  

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Galaxy Boy
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #7 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Ranger wrote on Oct 4th, 2010 at 6:05pm:
Okay I think Troy Imaginos and Galaxy Boy are bragging Wink Seriously guys congrats Smiley. I'm with Thunderbolt losing weight at 40+ is almost impossible.

When I was in the Navy I was a 4 pushing hard on 5 which I hit while playing football in college. Now I'm a solid 5 (okay not real solid) at 240 Tongue  Man I'd give my left leg to be a 6'2 210 halfback again. What-a-minute If I gave my left leg I'd be a 4 again so that won't work Cheesy

You are right, losing weight is so much more difficult when you get older. I was hitting 185 when I first went to college. I was five foot seven, not six foot five. I started working out and eating less and wham! I dropped to an anemic 145 practically overnight. Now I hovers between 160 and 165 and my goal is to get down to 155 and it is HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Angry

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #8 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Just talked to the doctor about this today at an appointment.  I've been solidly 5 for a long time, but need to make some changes (like exercising more) to knock about 10-15 pounds off.  As everyone has mentioned, after 40 this is extremely tough.  Like he said, though, the goal should be to make minor lifestyle changes (rather than focusing on the weight) and the weight will take care of itself.

IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #9 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
4 when I watch it... 5 when I get complacent or its the holidays.  Grin

"If The Truth Can Be Told, So As To Be Understood, It Will Be Believed."- Terence Mckenna
IP Logged

Tempest
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #10 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Kudos to your physician, Majestic, for maintaining a level head on this.  This whole discussion - especially for the forty-plus crowd (of which I'm a card-carrying member) - reminds me of that horrorshow that men call Tae Bo that hit us back in '99.  I remember the endless and enthusiastic discussions I heard around the office on how fantastic this was, how revolutionary the concepts were, and how wonderful and fit they were all going to be after just a few weeks!  Cut to about eighteen months later, after Billy Blanks had made his millions and purchased that island in the Carribean, and God knows how many people were wandering around with semi-permanent or permanent ligament, tendon and joint damage as a result of doing half-assed techniques passed on by instructors who pretty much got their diplomas from a Shreddies box.  Of course if you throw prodigious amounts of energy around in a short period, you're going to lose weight - the problem is, most of what you're losing is water, and it's going to come back just as quickly as you've lost it once your frenetic activity level drops off.  Slow, measured and steady wins the race in this one, especially for those of us past their late twenties.

Physical fitness and the martial arts have been a lifestyle choice of mine for going on thirty years - and while I'm not going to be on the cover of Men's Health this month, I can at least say that I've kept myself to 4 basic hits since I was eighteen, and have every intention of keeping things that way until they put me in the cold cold ground.  Keep us up to date on the ongoing efforts, Majestic; you've got an entire nation full of Gen-Xers cheering you on.

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #11 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
I was a 3 in high school(5'61/2" 113 lbs Embarrassed). Icame out of Boot Camp at 140, and hovered between that and 135 while I was in(all the running we did). When I got out I worked out and gained up to between 165 &170(which is my Military max weight).After the birth of my son I haven't been able to work out as much as I like, but I'm not in bad shape for a guy in his fourties. Smiley

IP Logged

PulpCitizen
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #12 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 3:15am
Print Post  
3 to my mid-20's. Since qualifying for my current profession it has been 4....  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2010 at 1:22pm by PulpCitizen »  

IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #13 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
I was a 3 until my mid to late 20's as well... and now I'm nearly a 5. Sad

"If The Truth Can Be Told, So As To Be Understood, It Will Be Believed."- Terence Mckenna
IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #14 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 1:37am
Print Post  
Well, I'm working my way down to a 4.  Lost 10 pounds since mid-July, just by going to night shift at my job.  LOL.  And I'm nearly 40, just for the record.

IP Logged

>