Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) An Explosion at the Bank! (Read 8910 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

An Explosion at the Bank!
Feb 12th, 2011 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Four days after the White Event, things seemed to get back to normal.   Some greedy people tried to rob a bank.  Unfortunatly, these greedy people possessed superpowers.
   Problem Child, Pit Boy,  Pheonix, and Lamprey decided to use their newfound metapowers to line their pockets with stolen cash.
    The Science City Police showed up in record time  and a hostage situation ensued.   Fortunatly  three rookie metahumans showed up to stop this potential blood bath.
    Responding to  the sound of the explosion Pheonix created to crack open the bank vault,Windwake, Captain Warlock and  Deacon Hammer converged on the scene.
    Det.  O'Mally was engulfed inflames by Phoenix.  Windwake flew down and doused the fire with a windblast.   She then turned and blew Problem Child across the bank, knocking him out. 
  Lamprey swooped in and cut Windwake's face and then he tried to draw out her bioenergy  for sustanance.   The Deacon Hammer tried to smite him with his sonic staff.   Captain Warlock fell into a pit created by Pit Boy.  Windwake overexerted herself and rescued Captain Warlock with some strong gusts of wind.
   Phoenix then fire blasted the Deacon Hammer who took some minor damage.   Windwake blasted Pheonix and doused her flames.  Pit Boy opened a pit almost under his own feet and nearly fell in.   The Deacon Hammer was knocked into the hole and  Windwake, invisible, pushed Pit Boy into his own pit, knocking him out.    Captain Warlock and  Windwake, working together,  rescued the Deacon Hammer and Pit Boy from the pit before it collapsed in on itself.
     Pheonix then got up and took off.    Windwake tried to follow her but Pheonix was just too fast.
      The three heroes then accompanied the police  to HQ to fill out paperwork and to look through mug shots.
    While they were watching the survellence vidoes, a smelly, ragged, strung out looking man came out of a storage closet.  He asked them to follow him to the hidden tunnels in the bowels of the city.   Windwake tried to contain her claustrophbia, which she did, for a while...
    Once they made to the dirty old man's hidden home,  the Deacon Hammer recognised him as Dr. Philip Yurt, the man who designed  Science City.    He showed them the plans of  what he designed and what was actually build.  He said due to cost cuts, and cheaper materials, and altered  city plans,  his city of dreams would become the city of nightmares.
   Clearly Yurk is insane.   He claims  "The Man"  aka  Philip Manning, head of Manning Enterpise and  financier of  Science City,  tried to poison him to keep him from telling the world.  He says since then he can't think straight.   That and his nearly constant aphetamine usage to stay awake so that the nightmares generated by this faulty city don't claim him.
   Will the heros help him?  Is the City of Tomorrow  really the City of Torment?    Can three rookie heroes defeat a man who bankrolls the first and greatest superhero team, The Mighty Seven?
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2011 at 10:19pm by John »  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Re: An Explosion at the Bank!
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Does this mean that Glare is currently the most experienced player character now? Or is any of the original heroes from before he appeared still active?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Yup to both.    Dark Warrior blew up real good.   And Mike decided to  put  Marshal Strong on hold for a while.  Modi went home to Asgard, so that leaves Glare as the "old soldier" of the group.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Feb 13th, 2011 at 12:06pm:
Yup to both.    Dark Warrior blew up real good.   And Mike decided to  put  Marshal Strong on hold for a while.  Modi went home to Asgard, so that leaves Glare as the "old soldier" of the group.

This should prove to be interesting upon Glare's return  Tongue

btw, we never continued that side story with Carter Manning

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
You haven't played, hard  to continue a story without the player.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
I thought we were going to do most of it via pm? That's how you started things off

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Oh sorry,  I just sent one PM to start the ball rolling.  Can you come next regular session?   Not this Friday but the next?  If not then we can work something out.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #7 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
By the way, the title, Explosion at the Bank, is a joke  that Marshal Strong and I have been saying for years.   Every time we sit down to play,  I put up the screen and say," and suddenly, there is an explosion at the  bank..."

So after decades of making that joke, I finally used it as a story idea.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #8 - Feb 14th, 2011 at 12:40am
Print Post  
John wrote on Feb 13th, 2011 at 8:59pm:
Oh sorry,  I just sent one PM to start the ball rolling.  Can you come next regular session?   Not this Friday but the next?  If not then we can work something out.

I believe I can make it, but let me make sure first. I'll know for certain next week if the following week is good. We're still dealing with stuff regarding my father, but hopefully that will all be done by this coming week

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #9 - Feb 14th, 2011 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
I understand.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #10 - Feb 14th, 2011 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
seems we have a lot of crap to deal with still. I don't think it will affect me coming to the game in 2 weeks, but as I stated earlier, I'll give a more precise response next week.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #11 - Feb 14th, 2011 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
OK   I have set up the adventure so  that your thing with Carter Manning is ready to go.   But, of course, I can put it on hold until you are ready.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #12 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 2:14am
Print Post  
Cool. If all goes well though, I'll be there. Of course, it won't be the same without Dark Warrior and Modi there to go berserk at every attack, but I guess I'll manage  Grin

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #13 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Part 2  "Madness in Utopia"

Windwake never recovered from her catatonic state, so Dr. Yurt asked Deacon Hammer and Captain Warlock to help him take her to  the Galen Medical Center.
   Using his knowledge of the hidden by ways and tunnes beneath  Science City, the group open a secret door into a closet in the reception area of  the hospital.
   They drop off the poor girl and cause a tiny commotion and sneak off undetected.  Or so they thought.
   The security forces of Manning Enterprises have been looking for Dr. Yurt for months.   They tapped into the camera at the hospital and they spot Dr. Yurt.    They call a emergency meeting.    Ivory Fortress,  a new paranormal who got his powers from the White Event, was brought into this meeting.   The nurse who made this error was fired.
   Dr. Robson, chief of research  and development and his assitant, Dr. Thomas Morrow,  order a group of Black Operation Mercenaries to be on high alert.
    A few hours later, they see via hidden camera that Dr. Yurt has snuck into a forensics lab with what looks like  Captain Warlock and Deacon Hammer.
    Robson orders Glare to suit up ( he was working in the electronics lab on a personal project) and they go to apprehend the intruders.
       Dr. Yurt brings Deacon Hammer and Captain Warlock to a forensics lab where he shows them the "dead frog."
    On a table is a humaoid with frog like features.  It had been autopsied.  Yurt says it came from "out there" and is of non terrestrial origin.   He claims that the imperfect materials used in building his city caused a weakness between words.   That and the White Event attracted the Frogs  to earth.  It is at this point theat Manning's Goons apear.

Chaos ensues!

Ivory Fortess' paranoia hampers his judgment.   Soon everyone seems to be fighting everyone else.   Deacon Hammer mind controls one of the Black Ops Mercenaries,   Captain Warlock tries to mind link everyone, which causes more panic, and Ivory Fortess lashes out at the voices in his head.
   During all this,  Stormbringer, who was out due to the nightmares disturbing his sleep, sees lazer blasts, and bullets being fired from Manning Enterpises.  Cuirious, he investigats.

Hero is fighting hero, while friend is fighting friend.   The mental link, instead of helping, is causeing confusion.  Glare uses his light flash to try and stop the chaos.   It works.
     While sorting out the mess, Captain Warlock punches out  Dr. Robson as he was angered by the diminutive scientist figuring out this dark secret.
    Dr. Yurt was knocked out by  Ivory Fortess.

As everyone is calming down,  they hear footsteps.    In the hallway Zomborgs attack.   Half robot half zombie, and programed to kill!

Glare fires a lazer, but missess and ruptures a gas main blowing up the hall.
   Ivory Fortress blows out two more of them with powerblasts.
  More Zomborgs repell down from the floors above.   
   Stormbringer summons a hurricane and blasts them with savage winds.   
  Captain Warlock telepathically gleans that reinforcements are on their way.     Thinking it might be best if they leave, they start to  withdraw.
   Dr Yurt has recovered enough to open the secret door to the hidden tunnels.  As they go to leave, they see the Dead Frog sitting up and removing the pins from his chest. 
   Glare and Ivory Fortess debate for a few seconds on what to do,  Glare wanting to take the Frog with him, but Fortress blasts it into tiny  greasy pieces.
    Everyone runs into the tunnel and they slam the door shut. 

What the hell is going on?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #14 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 1:39am
Print Post  
  First off, I would like to apologise, as this was not my best adventure.   I was a bit off, as  one brand new character who was just rolled up was tossed in the mix,  one character yanked out, and then inserting another into an existing story.
   I try to  make the adventure with the powers in mind, so it went nothing like I had planned.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #15 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 2:29am
Print Post  
I don't think you need to apologize. I thought it was fun. All the chaos was entertaining (to me). Seeing that most of the characters are new, and they all didn't know each other, it kind of made sense that they'd fight amongst themselves.

I know I was a little off tonight myself. This new medication I'm taking is messing with my sleep cycle, and making me a little sluggish thought wise. I was having trouble deciding what to do with my character a few times.

Plus I need to bring some kind of lumbar cushion, as those folding chairs keep making my lower body slightly numb, which is distracting (and not good for me, as I have poor circulation in my legs as is)

Other than that, I still had fun. It was good to have the whole group there, and the food was delicious!

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #16 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 2:31am
Print Post  
It was also funny how when i finally fumbled an attack roll, I knocked myself out in the process. Plus all the damage to the armor I need to repair now. Actually getting attacked/hit is new to Glare. he's so used to everyone going after Modi & Wally that with them gone now, he has to realize he's an actual target for bad guys now  Cry

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #17 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 2:44am
Print Post  
Being the big wig means you get hurt!   Now, if only you had a defence against fumbles! Cheesy

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #18 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 3:17am
Print Post  
John wrote on Feb 26th, 2011 at 2:44am:
Being the big wig means you get hurt!   Now, if only you had a defence against fumbles! Cheesy

Glare doesn't see himself as a big wig. Even though he's 8th level, it's because he got so much XP on his first 2 missions because everyone else was much higher in level than him. In reality, he's still very much the rookie, and I keep playing him that way. I think it makes it more fun to be the guy unsure of himself. He was the new guy amongst a group of experienced heroes; now he finds himself the most experienced hero in a group, some of whom appear to be more powerful than his suit (his first impressions of Ivory Tower is that he's a powerful nutjob, just not as powerful as Modi or Wally). He showed a little bit of self assurance when he woke up, and was demanding to know where his backup was, but for the most part, he tends to be sweating inside his armor. It's a change of pace from the way I usually play characters, and I'm finding it quite enjoyable. I just need to memorize the rules (and your House Rules) better, so I don't need to keep asking what I need to roll all half the time

IP Logged

STORMDANCE
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #19 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
The adventure felt like a real departure from the norm and the Chaos was lots of fun. Really, the bad guys probably would have won if they just stayed away and let us kill each other...heheheh  Cheesy

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #20 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
I was trying to run an adventure based on all the superhero cliches'  ( explosion at the bank,  first time meeting means fisticuffs with each other..)  and the next  thing was captured by Mad Scientists who then monologue.  Didn't quite make it there yet.

I mean Zomborgs?   C'mon, how cheesey can I get?   ( well, I can get cheesier...)

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #21 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
I think Stormdance and I really liked the zomborgs, because it allowed us to make Richie Sambora jokes during the session. If they only had been carrying guitars that fired bullets instead of actual machine guns....

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #22 - Mar 12th, 2011 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Nemesis was doing some beta testing when he heard the sound of fighting.  He opened his door and saw what he thought were soldiers marching down the corridor.    They slammed the door shut on him.
  He suited up and put on his power gauntlets.    He followed the sound of gun fire and found Zomborgs!  They attacked him.  He deftly took them out, and made it to a room with Zomborgs strewn all over the place.
   He saw a secret door closing, and bashed through it.    He followed the fleeing team into the darkness. 
   In the halls, Deacon Hammer collapsed dead from internal bleeding.   Ivory Fortress was lost in the tunnels, and Glare collapsed unconscious.
   They made it to Dr. Yurt's "bedroom" and they rested up.
   Meanwhile, Jaime Darque, aka Startide, was relaxing on a pleasant solo camping trip.  She felt the nice getaway was just what she needed.   Unfortunately, she awoke from her dreamy sleep, underground and in the dark.  And if that wasn't enough, she was wearing a cloak made out of rat hair!
    In the dark, she felt another person's hands.    She was trapped with another woman, who, could not speak.
    After a few hours, a diminutive man gave her some food.   She recoiled at the horrid thing.    The screams alerted its master.     A large hulking fat man with beady eyes and an extended nose referred to himself as the Subterranean.  He informed Startide that she and the other woman were to be his brides.   That as king of the Underdark, he could marry as many women as he wanted.    He said she would taste the mushroom as Anodyne did.   He then said she would be silenced as the dark requires silence.   He pointed to the slit in Anodyne's throat.
    They were led to a giant, pulsing mushroom and the Subterranean got on one knee.  He referred to it as the Mushroom God.   Startide comported herself, pushing her fear to the side, and warped gravity.  She pinned the Subterranean, and crushed the Moldoids.     She grabbed Anodyne's hand and took off.
   She then suddenly felt an overwhelming feeling of euphoria, she couldn't concentrate.  It didn't matter, it was all good.

Nemesis, Captain Warlock, and Dr. Yurt tried to figure out what to do next.    Yurt said that they had to destroy the statue of Philip Manning as it had started to flicker.  He said that it was built using orichalcum, and that the white event must have activated it.    He said it’s a metal that conducts "cosmic energy".
     Yurt was spreading his papers all over when they saw that more Zomborgs were about to storm the room.   Captain Warlock attacked first and alerted the others.
   Nemesis activated his gauntlets and turned them to steel.  He pummeled some Zomborgs silly.   Captain Warlock blasted a few with telekinetic blasts.
    Dr. Robson, who was feigning unconscious, jumped up and hit Captain Warlock with a wastepaper basket.
     The room was being riddled with bullets as the two heroes evaded the attacks.
      At this point Startide recovered from the euphoria and found that she had been herded by moldoids to a battle scene.   She was witnessing a teenaged boy holding his own against undead soldiers.   The Subterranean also attacked the boy, hitting him in the side.
     Nemesis reacted by gleaning his weakness (his eyes are very sensitive to light!) and transformed his gloves to burn with while phosphorous!   He slammed his palms into the Subterranean's face, knocking him out.
    This left Startide, Captain Warlock, and Nemesis to deal with ten undead zomborg with semi automatic pistols!
     After an extended battle, in which the Subterranean got up and again attacked Nemesis, the moldoids erupted into sleep spores.   
     One by one, the heroes succumbed.    They awoke in Dr. Morrow and Dr. Robson's lab.   Dr. Robson began to monologue.
   ”In order to be fully accepted as one of the Octagon, I was ordered to find out where these toad men are coming from.    I have deduced that they come from another space time continuum.    You will prove this to me; I am sending you to another plane of existence.    Where am I sending you?   To the Earth's Shadow!  HAHAHA!   You think I am mad?     Look, a three dimensional object casts a two dimensional shadow.   Now the Universe has more than three dimensions, so its shadow has substance. It fact it is a universe of its own, but, more fagile as it has  one less dimension!   That is where these beings are invading from.   They are using Earth's shadow as way station.    I think the White Event caused earth to cast a longer shadow, and it pulled back these toad beings.    Prove me right, and I will bring you back!"
   At this he turns on his Transendentaliser and sent the heroes to the plane of shadow.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2011 at 10:22pm by John »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #23 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Stormbringer, Captain Warlock and Anodyne were the only three that woke up after untold hours incapacitated from Dr. Robson’s dimensional transference device.   As it turns out, Stormbringer was following the group invisibly, as he was not sure who was in the right, and who was doing what.   When the spores over came everyone, his invisibility did nothing to protect him.
     They found themselves awake in a world of solid shadows.   It was cold, the air was thin, and even the matter was more crumbly then back home.  They found it hard to believe that they were physically walking in the shadow of the universe.
     They explored, figuring that the rest of their party were safe in the shadow version of Robson’s lab.    The streets were littered with “shadow souls”.  They figure they were the shadows of the real people on earth.    They were teardrop shaped, ghostlike to them, and unearthly silent.   The buildings were elongated and eerie.    
    This cold world had no sound, no weather, and no real life.     After a bit Stormbringer felt a disturbance in the weak air.    One of the Shadow Souls had real substance.   He turned and saw the teardrop shape take on a more definitive form, and stretch over towards him.  Captain Warlock jumped in front of him and made telepathic contact.  The Smee*, as it referred to itself was cold and wanted to absorb their heat.
    Stormbringer altered the ambient temperature with his weather control.  He made the area around him 100 degrees F.  The Smee stopped attacking and just stood there, enjoying the heat.
      They continued to explore when, again, Storm bringer’s enhanced senses noticed a glowing face in one of the buildings.    An 8 foot tall humanoid being with long arms and legs leaped at them.   Warlock put up a telekinetic field, and Stormbringer devitalized it with two blasts.   The creature then winked out of existence.  What it was, and what it wanted, they didn’t know.
     Around this point, they realized that the area of warmth attracted a hoard of  Smees.    They had to tread carefully not to touch one of them, as the slightest touch could drain the body of its heat.   Warlock then mind scanned them and tried to talk to them.  All they said was Warmth, warmth, smee, warmth. 
      He then placed the image of the dead Toad in their minds and they flipped out.   It took a while to decipher their alien thoughts but they figured out that the Smee feared  the toads, as they had no warmth to offer, and could hurt their immaterial bodies.   They also saw images of the Toads climbing down from the shadow version of this world's Science City’s  Colossus.
    They headed toward the Colossus and, true to the image, they saw toad men climbing down.   Stormbringer could see that they were ‘swimming’ in the abyss beyond  the Shadow, where the Colossus penetrated Creation into the Beyond.   They used this as a means to enter the Shadow, and from the Shadow they were somehow, entering the True World.
    They were then jumped by to gray toad men.   Captain Warlock scanned their minds and found that they referred to themselves as Slaad, and that “when we turn blue we can devour their souls”.      
     Warlock telekinetically blasted them while Stormbringer  devitalized them.     They defeated the Toadmen, but not before Stormbringer was slashed across his face.
      At this, Anodyne touched the wound and it healed instantly.   She then displayed the wound herself, and collapsed unconscious.
      Stormbringer then moved the area of warmth away, herding the Smee towards the Colossus.    At this they noticed that someone was aiming at them with a rifle.  Captain Warlock then  scanned his mind and saw that it was  a Soviet Solider that was just using the scope to see what was going on.   Warlock ordered him to stand done, and surprisingly he did.   The Russian said that he never saw others since he came here.   When asked where he thought he was, he responded  “Hell.”
     He then offered to take the heroes to his friends.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #24 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 10:36am
Print Post  
*A Smee was first encountered by Oni and the Spartan in Black Tulips and Black Magic
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2011 at 11:34am by John »  

IP Logged

STORMDANCE
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #25 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Well this story is taking shape nicely......sorry I missed it.

How did you come up with the name Smee for the shadow folk..???

IP Logged

STORMDANCE
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #26 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 10:52am
Print Post  
One other thing,  Stormbringer sounds like a great character for Paul since the Weather Control gives him plenty of flexibility for creative experimentation and problem solving and that seems to be what he enjoys doing most in the game.......besides destroying everything like a super serial killer    Wink

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #27 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 11:35am
Print Post  
STORMDANCE wrote on Apr 3rd, 2011 at 10:50am:
Well this story is taking shape nicely......sorry I missed it.

How did you come up with the name Smee for the shadow folk..???

I, like many of my ideas,  stole the name from Alan Moore in the comic Promethea.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #28 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 11:37am
Print Post  
STORMDANCE wrote on Apr 3rd, 2011 at 10:52am:
One other thing,  Stormbringer sounds like a great character for Paul since the Weather Control gives him plenty of flexibility for creative experimentation and problem solving and that seems to be what he enjoys doing most in the game.......besides destroying everything like a super serial killer    Wink

I agree.   So far three of the most underated, and higly creative powers that  before this team, have not been used by my players, are now currently in play.    Weather Control, telepathy, and gravity control.     There are so many cool tricks a player can do with these powers.   This current line up has the potential to be the most powerful.  Throw in Mike's transmutation and forget it.  This could be the Cosmic Team of teams!
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2011 at 11:39am by John »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #29 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 11:42am
Print Post  
We have a new telepathic discipline also. How about Telepathic Reflexes???

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #30 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Sounds good.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #31 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
If telepathic reflexes means you kill shit, then I like it. Cool

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #32 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Naturally.......

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Its raining Toadmen
Reply #33 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 1:55am
Print Post  
Startide, Dr, Yurt, Glare and Kid Nemesis awoke in the shadowy negative version of Dr. Robson’s lab.    They were a bit freaked, and Yurt ran down the hallway trying to figure out exactly where he was.   Startide and Yurt stopped and saw the dark and elongated shadowverse version of the Science City Colossus.
    They went into the streets to explore.   Without warning, Kid Nemesis was attacked by a smee, knocking him out.  Glare took out the smee with a laser attack.   Startide nullified her personal gravity and “fell” upward.   From a distance, Captain Warlock spotted her and he, Anodyne, Pavel, and Stormbringer went to see their friends.   Stormbringer succumbed to the odd atmosphere of this universe and collapsed.
Anodyne healed Kid Nemesis and she then collapsed.
       Kid Nemesis, while tripping out on Anodyne’s euphoric touch, spotted twinkling lights at the top of the Colossus.  Glare flew him up to investigate.   They spotted many gray slaad climbing down the giant statue.
       They went nearly to the top, when they noticed that the sky above the torch on the colossus looked odd.   They halted their accent.    They were then attacked by a gray slaad that leapt from the statue.   A combined attack by Kid Nemesis and Glare sent the monster zooming down.
       They flew back to the ground and told their friend what they had seen when the body of the slaad landed, and smashed apart.   They found some technological device that was hidden in the creature’s stomach.   They figured out that the toad men were crawling down the statue and assembling some machine off in the dessert.    Pavel said they saw them building it, and they avoided that area.
       The group decided to go back to check on Pavel’s fellow soldiers.   After hours of marching through the shadow plains, they found their encampment.   Four solider were left of the original 11.   They said that their captain had gone mad and never left the tent.     The team rested for a few hours, but they were beginning to starve.    They decided that they should visit the Ghost Area and find Ghost Cloth and Ghost Food.   Then they would visit the wrecked Soviet craft, and then check on what the slaad were up to.
     They figured they could fix the soviet craft and go back home.   At this, the captain came out of his tent.  He had a smile that gave everyone the creeps.    He saluted Captain Warlock in a perfect Movian Space Marine Salute.  This especially freaked him out.   Warlock read his surface thoughts and they were those of a schizophrenic.    The Russian captain then said  in Movian, “ Hala is a lie.” 
      Warlock then tried to mind probe the captain and the captain put out his hand.     Warlock could not penetrate the Russian’s mental defenses.    He was seriously wondering if this man was possessed.
        They went off to the Ghost Area.   They found a floating, shimmering, field of ethereal lights.    The Soviets said that anything you wanted could be found here, and Pavel reached in and pulled out an apple.    Startide, probably due to her hunger and confusion, tried to pull out a photo of her brother, but instead pulled out a picture of  Nancy Walker.
          Start tide then ate a Ghost Apple.   It had no taste and barely any sustenance.  Still, it was better than nothing.    Kid Nemesis and Startide pulled out some ghost cloth and through sheer concentration,  turned them into superhero costumes.
         Next they went to the Russian’s aircraft.    Glare examined it and found it to be a Ship that can not fly, but instead folds space.   The Russians were surprised to find this out. 
       They  then headed off to see what the toad men were building.    Enroot  they were attacked by a party of gray slaad and one yellow.    Startide trapped the Yellow Slaad in a gravity warp while  the team beat down the grays.    Kid Nemesis found out the hard way that the slaad are poisonous.  Anodyne healed everyone.   
     When they got to the machine they found a huge metallic circle with many power pods attacked to it, along with control units.  The machine was protected by a huge yellow Slaad.   Captain Warlock read its mind and its only thoughts were “ protect the portal.”   Kid Nemesis charged it and hit it full on.   It barely moved.   It looked at Glare  and he felt a pain in his mind.     It did the same to Captain Warlock.   Startide tried to pin it with a gravity warp, but it was too strong.   Kid Nemesis kept up the pummeling and then Startide tried to rip it apart with opposing gravity fields.  This knocked it out.   Glare disconnected all the power units and removed the control pods.   They took them back to the  Warp Ship and after many hours of working on it,  Glare rigged it to transport them back to Earth.
      As Glare was contacting CHESS, Pavel,  the Russian captain, and Boris all dropped dead.  Alexi fell screaming, and Anodyne rushed to heal him.  Her power didn’t work.
     The group figured that the all the years of eating ghost food had changed them, and attuned their body to the shadow world.     The mystery of the Russian captain had died with him.   
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2011 at 11:41am by John »  

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #34 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Quote:
odd atmosphere of this universe and collapsed