Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What should The Protectors work on? (Read 13189 times)
Hawk
Avenger

What should The Protectors work on?
Apr 29th, 2011 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
I am starting this post as a place for all of us to discuss our team. I hope that this will allow us to bounce ideas off of each other faster than e-mailing each other. Smiley

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Re: What should The Protectors work on?
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Well I sent out a private message to Avatar, Lord_Inar, and Davew to do a RP thread for the first official meeting of RONIN in a non-combat situation.  I found out the hard way that I cannot PM {private message} more than one person without the forum defining it as a spam. Grrr...annoying.  I sent a PM to Dsummer asking if perhaps I should start a new thread at the Blog for this Meet and greet RP session with the only heroes Thunderbolt has met... but he has not replied even though I can tell he has read the PM.

Believe me... I'd LOVE to meet everyone else but its like pushing a glacier to get any quick resolution.  I've been posting like a madman for over about a year now and still I have not met up with the main group so we four seem to be the odd men out.  I don't mind us being the protectors, and I'm not trying to criticize people with their busy schedules but I figured the only team I was going to be joining was one I put together...specifically RONIN, since Dsummer seemed to be resistant to having us all meet up... or perhaps just too busy to post with any frequency.

I did not want to just start a new thread at the blog without permission... that seemed presumptuous... but again Dsummer has not replied to me yay or nay!  I'd really like to kick our super-heroing into HIGH GEAR... but I'm afraid I may be being too pushy.

Any suggestions?

I think it would be neat for RONIN to meet up with the Protectors at some point and decide to make a single team of the two groups of heroes.  But I do not have ANY idea how our time-lines synch up... Dsummer has not really let us know whats happening when compared to each other.  I THINK our group is taking place in the past of your groups events.

CAN I just start a new thread at the blog and proceed with RONIN meeting each other to sit and talk?
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2011 at 9:34pm by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 1:25am
Print Post  
I would think that our teams were concuring simultaniously. The news headlines talking about the meteors and the bodies being found were posted as if they were shared information. I could be wrong but that is how I took it. My thoughts are that if we decide to investigate the same things, would that not put us a path toward our teams meeting up and the possibility of pooling our resourses and manpower.
I know that It seems that things are moving slow, but with everyones lives some can post more often than others. I would also like to get more going, but I am greatfull for what we do have.
I have never had any issues with Dom. He has been helpfull with any questions I have had about the game or my character. Any concerns I would take directly to him.
I have enjoyed your posts  they are well thought out and very descriptive. Please continue to post. If I can help in any way let me know. Smiley

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #3 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 2:02am
Print Post  
Yeah, I think Doms pretty cool as well... guess I'll just have to curb my exuberance and be patient.

He posted that we could e-mail him with stuff we want our characters to get involved with... well I ripped off 5 e-mail/private messages of things I had a mind for Thunderbolt to do...lol!

Guess I'll have to see what he addresses.

I would still like to start a new blog thread for RONIN to meet up and do some character to character role-playing...{sigh}.  Ah well just have to wait and see what he will allow.

By the way I also enjoy your team's posts...can't wait until we all get to meet ...some fine day. Smiley

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #4 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Why not post some of your conversations for RONIN here, and maybe you guys could get on the same page when you post on the blog. I seen by his post on the blog that DaveW had issues with his power thanks to the tornados that came through. I can understand that myself, I live in Alabama, we were blessed by only losing power for 15 hours.  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2011 at 10:01pm by Hawk »  

IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #5 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Yeah... I did. Sorry about that guys. It took a bit for everything to come back up. I drove past Glade on I81 today... and nearly threw up (that's my initial reaction to extreme emotion/stress... I don't cry, I barf). This is a community I've been through a 1,000 times, and now a large chunk of it is destroyed. Honestly, if it wasn't for the grass I would have sworn that a small atomic bomb would have went off.

I know that Alabama and other areas suffered greatly but Glade is very small and often forgotten. But it is my part of the country and dear to me so if anyone wants to help out I will try to direct you to the proper channels if interested.

"If The Truth Can Be Told, So As To Be Understood, It Will Be Believed."- Terence Mckenna
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #6 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Sorry about the Glade Dave. There has been too much death and destruction and my prayers go out to everyone affected.

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #7 - May 1st, 2011 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
The RONIN have started to gather together, I was wondering if any of the rest of The Protectors have any suggestions on what we should work on? Team strategy would be one of my suggestions.

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #8 - May 2nd, 2011 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
Dom says that the team will getting some down time. What would you guys like to work on. Which mystery are you interested in pursueing?

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #9 - May 4th, 2011 at 5:41am
Print Post  
A Lot of confusion could be minimized with careful reading of the posts made by others.  I know my posts may be somewhat complex... but not all I post is just fluff.  There are several details in my recent posts that answer many of the confused facts. 

I will make an effort to post less detailed, less frequent, and less lengthy posts since this has happened repeatedly of late.  Sorry my posts seem too long to hold interest... I'll adjust.

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #10 - May 4th, 2011 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
I have communicated with the players for Jack, Power Chord, and Skyhawk.  All of us (The Machinist) want to investigate the murdered women breaking news events.

As for as down time activities, I am unsure whether we are a team or an un-team.  An un-team is where we come together to solve major problems but don't have a HQ or a place to join together.

Currently an un-team feels more natural for now. So I would recommend down time be individual based.

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #11 - May 4th, 2011 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt, post as much and as long as you want. I for one enjoy reading your posts. I wish that I could be as descriptive as you are. Smiley
An un-team seams o.k. for now, but Skyhawk would be interested in forming an actual team with HQ, and setting up to patrol the city, and establish a presence to attempt to deter some of the criminals out there. Smiley

IP Logged

Mach Hammer
Sidekick

The Hammer is Back!

Reply #12 - May 5th, 2011 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Hey guys, I finally figured out, it's my IP that's blocked, so I setup a new profile on this website... I think it will allow me to get back on... trying it anyway.

Later  Cheesy

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #13 - May 5th, 2011 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Hawk wrote on May 4th, 2011 at 5:15pm:
An un-team seams o.k. for now, but Skyhawk would be interested in forming an actual team with HQ, and setting up to patrol the city, and establish a presence to attempt to deter some of the criminals out there. Smiley

I agree with Skyhawk here. I know I was included in Ronnin, I think in part because Thunderbolt and I know each other in real world and have played at table top together. I think that help's us have an idea what the other may do. But I think Stalker would be more likely to investigate the murder and to keep hounding Leonetti and his ilk Cheesy

Don't think that I don't want to be included in Ronin. I just want to see where the chips(characters) fall in role play among each other
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2011 at 3:45pm by Avatar »  

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #14 - May 5th, 2011 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Avatar, I like your character and would be interested in working with you or any other member of the Ronin. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2011 at 10:00pm by Hawk »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #15 - May 5th, 2011 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Same goes for me as well.  Just we have still to meet the other players... so I started something in absence of any other 'good-guys' to work with.

I figured Stalker would be more of the tye to investigate the murders.  Thunderbolt/Shawn wants to let the legit police get first crack at it.  Meta-powers are for things they cannot handle.  But Shawn is a meta so his point of view is slightly different than Stalker's who ...as far as I can tell is not a meta.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2011 at 5:58pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #16 - May 5th, 2011 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt, Is it possible that the girls death is tied into the sales of the drug boost? Would that be something that would draw your characters attention?

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #17 - May 5th, 2011 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Oh if that were the case it would DEFINITELY draw Thunderbolt's IMMEDIATE attention! 

Every time someone is hurt or killed because of boost - OD's or just collateral damage Thunderbolt takes it personally.  Because he feels he knew about the drug before it hit the streets and with his powers he SHOULD be doing something about it to stop it before it gets out of hand.  It's his own personal crusade... you might say.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2011 at 9:24pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #18 - May 6th, 2011 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
How much time has passed between the events and the call for action?

DOM, if there's at least a day or two, I'd like use my metallurgy skill and combine it with inventing and an inventing point to make a stronger more unbreakable chain for Slik. (Should I repost this part on the blog?)

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #19 - May 6th, 2011 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
This is part of the reason I wanted us all to get together on the blog and banter just this kind of thing around.  Using our skills and powers to improve each other.

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #20 - May 8th, 2011 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Lord Inar wrote on May 6th, 2011 at 2:02pm:
How much time has passed between the events and the call for action?

DOM, if there's at least a day or two, I'd like use my metallurgy skill and combine it with inventing and an inventing point to make a stronger more unbreakable chain for Slik. (Should I repost this part on the blog?)

You guys will have 7-8 days of down time (game time that is) to recover, and get yourselves together before you see the reports on the meteor shower and the first murder. The second body will be discovered the day after the meteor shower.

During that time, you should be able to work up, and test out a new chain for Slik, and get in a day or two test it out. I can picture you guys out in some empty field, late at night, smacking around old fuel drums, and busting up old wreckers as you literally work out the kinks.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #21 - May 12th, 2011 at 4:52am
Print Post  
Ok.  Heads up Lord_Inar, Avatar and Davew.  I'm planning on interjecting something in the 'Gathering of Warriors' Thread.  So make a couple of interaction posts between your characters.   The initial meeting at the Junkyard turned out to be a bust... from confusion and time issues for posting.  Thunderbolt left no way to contact him at the 'Yard' as its still a junk-yard too much chance whatever he might have left would have been either found or destroyed.

But I figured out a way for him to get a message to all of RONIN at once without knowing where any of you are. 

In about two days after the 'Junkyard Meeting' I'm planning on having TB briefly high-jack the local TV Network and Radio Networks with some Electrical Control to send a citywide message...

"I am THUNDERBOLT.  My apologies Empire City for this interruption do not be alarmed, I will only do this only in an Emergency - if ever again. 

I'm calling out to RONIN.  Meet me at 'The Yard' - where we met after the fight with at the Nightclub.  I need to speak with you all.  Again my appologies Empire City for this interruption."

This message will be at about 8PM hopefully too catch Slik Slander, Stalker and Diesel's attention when they are all available to hear the message or at least hear the newsfolk complain about the brief pirated air-ways.  An 'extreme method', but effective... and better than sky-writing! lol!

This cryptic message will not reveal to anyone ...but RONIN where they are meeting, but it will also inform the PROTECTORS of RONIN's presence in the city as a side effect. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2011 at 7:07am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #22 - May 12th, 2011 at 7:55am
Print Post  
You will also P!$$ off Commander Dunham of the ECFD to no end for this.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #23 - May 12th, 2011 at 8:24am
Print Post  
Awe and I like Olivia Dunham... opps..wrong universe! {Aheh!} Smiley

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #24 - May 12th, 2011 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
Dude that is a really really bad ideal. Thats almost villain/terrorist activity bad

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #25 - May 13th, 2011 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Actually Ranger as per the Rules printed in Villains and Vigilntes - p. 36,

Article B-Criminal Mischief, Section 8.e Criminal Tampering in the second Degree : "A person with no right to do so, or reasonable grounds to believe he has such a right, tampering with the property of another individual with the intent to inconvenience to that other individual.  Tampering with property of gas, electric, sewer, water works, telephone or telegraph companies or with common carriers or public utilities is also included.  This is a class B misdemenor."

Key being not breaking or entering or use of prohibited FCC communications electronics is made use of and no monetary or physical damage is inflicted.

It would be the same as some kids putting together a pirate TV Program that interrupts local TV signals with their own.  "The Voice" from Dark Angel, "Radio Free Arcadia" from Space Pirate Captain Harlock - My Youth in Arcadia, 'Mister Universe' from Serenity, heck even Ice-T from "Johnny Mnemonic".

Is it criminal?  Yes, but not intent on nor actually inflicting 'substantial interruption' of any service provided to the public - A class D Felony!  The message is only all of what 10 seconds interruption?  Heck with TB's abilities he could simply interrupt a single Commercial and be done and NEVER even have to enter any of the TV or radio stations facilities.
I had also planned on having TB to mail a money order to the local courts for the $250 fee in damages admitting to the offense - paying the fee and a typed promise to never do it again. Smiley

If you put this in the light of the name of the Game is Villains and Vigilantes - public assault on criminals which we 'Superheroes' do every day is a Article 4 - Assault, Section 4.b in the second degree is a class D felony.

But I am open to alternate suggestions?
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2011 at 12:03am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #26 - May 13th, 2011 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Text every cell phone and email every account in Empire City.

Worse you could be called a Spammer, not a Super-Villian highjacking our TVs.

- Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #27 - May 15th, 2011 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Been waiting for other suggestions but seeing as there have been no more I'll take what I've got here.

I like your Idea Cougar and will use it.  Its more... elegant, simple and just as doable.  With the even better added benefit, and more important fact, that it is distinctly ... not illegal!  Thanks for the idea! Smiley
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2011 at 1:06am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #28 - May 15th, 2011 at 9:01am
Print Post  
I didn't suggest anything since I thought the junkyard thing was still happening. Slik and Diesel are on their way there now!

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #29 - May 15th, 2011 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Again, you should read the posts carefully.  Thunderbolt stayed for about 2 hours and left.  The events going on now are at least a few days later by what I've read in the posts.

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #30 - May 15th, 2011 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
The Cougar wrote on May 13th, 2011 at 6:50pm:
Text every cell phone and email every account in Empire City.

Worse you could be called a Spammer, not a Super-Villian highjacking our TVs.

Yes but a smart villain might be able to track it to its source, given the proper resources. Phones and towers a wee bit less secure than mil-sats. Plus who wants to be called ThunderSpammer Cheesy

You know this power is open to way to much potential abuse in a high tech society

Still beats hell out of the TV thing though Wink
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2011 at 2:23pm by Ranger »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #31 - May 16th, 2011 at 12:01am
Print Post  
Yeah - a smart villain could.  So yes Thunderbolt will be cautious.  I know this power can really be abusive... not really my intent to take this power and shove where it hurts!  I'm really trying to be ...'responsible' and reasonable with the power's use.  But for the mixed-up post messages and confused time/location situations in the posts... such GROSS use of power would not be needed, but Ces' live!

Hey Davew - Nice post by Slik!  I'm going to wait until Lord_Inar replies to you and then Thunderbolt will send out his Cell-phone, Text spam, City-wide E-mail to Empire City to set up a new meet opportunity to RONIN to gather and sit and talk. 

I wanted to give you guys time to read all the flying posts so the set up left no confusion.
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2011 at 12:05am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #32 - May 16th, 2011 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Good Luck Smiley

I'm so betting Dom sets up a bad guy ambush  Grin

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #33 - May 16th, 2011 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Ranger wrote on May 16th, 2011 at 9:10pm:
Good Luck Smiley

I'm so betting Dom sets up a bad guy ambush  Grin

So do I. Smiley

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #34 - May 16th, 2011 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on May 15th, 2011 at 11:48am:
Again, you should read the posts carefully.  Thunderbolt stayed for about 2 hours and left.  The events going on now are at least a few days later by what I've read in the posts.

I'm still confused, I don't understand when the clock advanced.

I thought Dom said Slik had enough time to get in touch with me before all this happened.

Why didn't we get there in time?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools

>