Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Sands of Time (Read 12145 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: The Sands of Time
Reply #35 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
polarboy wrote on Jun 16th, 2011 at 12:09am:
SPOILER ALERT!

I am happy to see that this adventure includes a villain with a mummy motif. Given all of the monsters in Terror by Night, and vampire, werewolf, and zombie-type opponents in various sourcebooks, I've long wanted V&V to have a mummy.

[shouts]

"I want my mummy!!!"    Cheesy

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #36 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
John, as soon as the Giant is ready it will go in print...

If it's not fun, we're not doing it right.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #37 - Jul 6th, 2011 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Any of you guys had the opportunity to run this one yet? If so, I'd like to hear how it went for your group.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

PulpCitizen
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #38 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Planning to run this soon (well soon-ish!), and I have it in the Giant; so getting around to asking a question - is there a pdf of counters for SoT?

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #39 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
I'm still wondering what to call this when I run it (since we already had an excellent, time-traveling adventure into the ancient Middle East called "Sands of Time").

TINY SPOILER AHEAD

Anybody got any ideas (especially that have perused the adventure itself)?  Perhaps "Curse of the Pharaoh" or "Riddle of the Sphinx"?  If I went with that last one, I'd want to hold off on announcing it to my players as not to tip them off, I suppose.

Also, there's reference by Scott Bizar that there's another "lost" manuscript that we should see soon from Steven and Stewart Wieck.  Anybody able to speculate or tease?  AK?  Smiley

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #40 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
That would be 'Menagerie'. We have it, but it's back a couple projects in the pipe right now. It was mentioned also in Enemies at Large in the write-up for Wildebeast. Smiley

PS: Why not call it 'Return to the Sands of Time'?
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2012 at 9:28pm by AlabasterKnight »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #41 - Apr 28th, 2012 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
I thought about that (also "The Times of Sand" or other variations).

I might go with that, AK, though it sounds like a sequel to the original (the old one was quite different, with aliens taking over entire cultures in the Middle East).

IP Logged

Bill Kropp
Justice Leaguer

Great. Its That Guy.

Reply #42 - Apr 28th, 2012 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
From The Cradle of Civilization To The Grave?

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #43 - May 19th, 2012 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Just picked this up, as it was discounted thanks to the wish list sale RPGNow/Drivethru is having. I only skimmed it, but it looks really good.

As I have a villain in the vein of Rama Tut/Kang/Scarlet Centurion, seeing Hourglass and his powers was a treat. All his powers over time are similar to what my villain can do, except my villain uses devices. So having something to base their powers on without having to write them up from scratch is excellent.

Now I just wish FGU would seriously consider making these available individually through Drivethu's PoD service. I get why FGU makes the Giants, but most of them include products I'm not interested in, and I wish there was an option to buy the ones I want in print without having to get other releases I have no interest in.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #44 - May 19th, 2012 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
PulpCitizen wrote on Jan 22nd, 2012 at 5:01pm:
Planning to run this soon (well soon-ish!), and I have it in the Giant; so getting around to asking a question - is there a pdf of counters for SoT?

Well, the counters are included in the pdf version I bought from RPGnow...

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #45 - Mar 11th, 2016 at 12:35am
Print Post  
I've finally started running this one (this thread was tough to find, for some reason it wouldn't show up on Google, so I had to go page by page to find it).  Did the first part two weeks ago, and will likely finish it off tomorrow night.

The module is definitely fun.  Not quite as epic as I'd expected, perhaps, but then when you travel back in time you can't really travel all over and change history.  I actually kind of like that it's more localized (once the PCs go back to ancient Egypt).

Alabaster Knight's counters are awesome, as always.  Here's some supplementary ones (I figure I made them for my game, it's pretty easy to then make them available to anyone else who might want them) to finish things out, for anyone who would like them.

I made some Sand Creatures, as (spoiler!) Pharaoh makes them for the heroes to fight (it says he prefers many smaller ones, to a few large ones).

And Scorpion's only 3' tall, so I sized him per the typical V&V scale (the original does make him look shorter).

I thought the Egyptian Treasures were kind of fun; it was easy to do by finding pictures online and converting them to comic book images (many free programs do this); the final fight is supposed to have "at least four times" that which was found with King Tut, so even these are only representative of the massive amount that should be present.

And I thought it would be fun to make the statues of the various Egyptian deities, being as they pop up numerous times in the final pyramid (and the PCs have to figure something out about them).  A bit of a nod to Jeff Dee's outstanding work 'back in the day' on Deities & Demigods (an excuse to use that art, actually), and a few of them are not the actual gods that he did, but are close enough to suffice.  My originals are a little clearer/sharper than these, as I just printed them in b&w and printed it on gray cardstock (the version here is a photo of the originals).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28952597/V%26V/River%20of%20Time%20Counters....

Anyone who saw the latest Guardians Issues summary will realize I ended up going with "River of Time" as the overall title.

I ended up boosting Phoenix and Scorpion (not the most original of names) a bit, and will likely do the same for the main villains tomorrow, to make them more of a challenge for my group.

IP Logged

merteuil
Teen Titan

Reply #46 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 3:02am
Print Post  
thank you !  Smiley

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #47 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
The reason Scorpion's counter is normal size is because although he's short, his body mass is substantially proportionate to a normal sized person.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #48 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
(this thread was tough to find, for some reason it wouldn't show up on Google, so I had to go page by page to find it

Not sure what is going on with the search feature embedded in the forum, but basically it sucks and I cannot figure out why.

Why it's not showing up on Google though is strange, I would have to look into that one. Might be a go daddy server issue (blocking search crawlers or something).

Apologies.

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #49 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
I have never had a problem with the search function.  Make you click the option that says  to search ALL posts.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #50 - Mar 13th, 2016 at 8:24am
Print Post  
john where are you using the search function because I don't see that option. I use the one in the upper right corner of the forum - it has a magnifying glass icon next to it.

Thanks!

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #51 - Mar 13th, 2016 at 9:21am
Print Post  
I use the search tab, and it gives you choices.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #52 - Mar 13th, 2016 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Wow I never realized that tab was there, which is just ridiculous. But thanks, yeah this seems to work fine. I guess it's just that quick search thing in the upper right that doesn't work.

Thanks for this!

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #53 - Mar 14th, 2016 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the info, Paul and John.  I tried using the Search function (upper left), but couldn't initially find it with that or Google.

@AK: I often do the same thing, and that makes perfect sense.  In his case, he was short enough I decided to go with a slightly smaller counter (3/4"), but either is cool.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools

>