Normal Topic Psionics: Dream Walking (Read 1083 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Psionics: Dream Walking
Aug 8th, 2011 at 12:16am
Print Post  
Psionics: Dream Walking. Pr=0

This is actually the most common of powers.  Some have it, and never even realise it.  Unfortunatly, most that possess this ablity lack the will to control it and either go mad, or wander the Dreamlands unable to differentiat from  the Material from the Immaterial.
    A Dream Walker, when asleep and in REM state, releases his dreamself (astral form) which then can traverse the multiverse through the Dreamworlds.   
    A dream walker can explore vast unknown worlds while sleeping.   They can live hundreds of years in a single night.   
    With practice and control,  many a Dream Walker have become successful writers.      Some Dream Walkers include such celebrated writers as  H.G. Wells,  H.P. Lovecraft,  Tolkein, Edgar Rice Burroughs, and even Kepler.
     However, recalling the experience one had while dreamwalking is difficult.  Even the most experienced dreamwalkers can distort their recollections of their dreams.  Recalling a dream in its 100 pure perfect form is like herding cats.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Ryxis47
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Re: Psionics: Dream Walking
Reply #1 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 1:04am
Print Post  
that is really awesome, sometimes it does feel like the dreams one has are amazing adventures

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2011 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Thanks, I made this post for two reasons.  One to explain the differences in my stories from the books that they were ripped off  inspired from, and two to set up a future story when one player may just get this power.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Ryxis47
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2011 at 1:19am
Print Post  
That's a pretty elegant explanation. I'm usually more shameless and just kind of take things. I think I might use this as an adventure hook for my players. Kind of like the game psychonauts where a person's psyche is the game level and their inner demons manifest themselves as monsters.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #4 - Mar 30th, 2013 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Bumping for possible future reference.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2024 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
I'm bumping this because I might make use of it in the game I'm currently running. I also took the liberty of making a few tweaks the writeup (I hope you don't mind, and I'll point people here, so they know where I got the idea from). Here's the "final" version I worked up.

Psionics: Dream Walking: This is actually the most common of powers. Some have it and never even realize it. Unfortunately, most that possess this ability lack the will to control it, and either go mad or wander the Dreamlands unable to differentiate the Material from the Immaterial. A Dream Walker, when asleep and in REM state, releases his Dreamself (Astral Form) which can then traverse the Multiverse through the Dreamworlds. A Dream Walker can explore vast unknown worlds while sleeping (Players and GMs should work together to figure out what worlds the PC explores). They can live hundreds of years in a single night. With practice and control, many a Dream Walker has become a successful writer. Dream Walkers include such celebrated writers as  H.G. Wells,  H.P. Lovecraft, Tolkein, Edgar Rice Burroughs, and even Kepler. However, recalling the experiences one had while dream walking is difficult. Even the most experienced dreamwalkers can distort their recollections of their dreams. Recalling a dream in its 100% perfect form is extremely difficult (I+C/10) = % chance of accurately recalling everything the PC experienced during their Dream Walking. On an unsuccessful roll, the PC will remember bits and pieces of those experiences (GM's discression).

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

>