Normal Topic The "feel" of 21st Century V and V product releases (Read 298 times)
Tay
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

The "feel" of 21st Century V and V product releases
May 11th, 2012 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
It sounds like a few of the recent or soon-to-be released V and V products have a Manga influence.

I am wondering which of the newly released V and V supplements or adventures people think have a "feel" like certain types of comics or genres.

Example, the "old school" Night of the Garrotte solo adventure had a very Batman/detective feel about it.

Here are some general categories--but don't feel obligated to stick to these categories during discussion.

Which new products have a pulp/detective feel about them?

Which new products have a creative all-new, all-different X-Men or New Teen Titans feel about them?

Which new products have a global/cosmic Avengers or Justice League feel about them?

Which new products have a wacky/oddball about them? (I'm thinking like Opponents Unlimited.)

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: The "feel" of 21st Century V and V product releases
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2012 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Great question, Tay!

"Into the Sub-Realm" had somewhat of an old-school "Mole Man" feel (Fantastic Four adventure deep under the Earth)

Similarly, the "Micro-Universe" tales had a bit of a "Negative Zone" (again, Fantastic Four) vibe to them.

"Infinity Lounge" is/was a bit wacky, like an old 50's sci-fi B movie with a bit of "Twilight Zone"/"Outer Limits" twists to it.

"In Broad Daylight" and "Enter the Gene Pool" were both fairly 4-color goodness, sort of with an X-Men/Teen Titans feel to them.

"Ancient Evil" has a bit of a Cthulu-like vibe, so maybe horror comics?

IP Logged

>