Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Non Player Characters (Read 7764 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Non Player Characters
May 14th, 2012 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
  This thread is for anyone who wants a more indebth write up of any NPC in my games.   I assume that you guys keep track of the many varied and fun characters I make up, but I am sure a few slip bye that you need some reminders on.

This is an all request thread.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Re: Non Player Characters
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2012 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Definately want to hear more about Dick Manlove for a start.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - May 14th, 2012 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Dick Manlove is the current White King of CHESS.  He took the position when Homer Grimsby retired.  His real name is classified, as most full CHESS agents drop their old idendity and are given new names by their peers.
   Dick suffered from this from his slight build and over all bookishness.   He turned out to be a real powerhouse and later on, as CHESS trainer, a real ball buster.
   Manlove  is a tough, seasoned vet, who rose through the ranks of CHESS White with a most impressive resume.  He has an experts grasp of command, combat, years of field leadership, arms.  He worked under Mr. Clean the USSR in the late 60's, and personaly supervised the Artemis Project ( the first manned moon expedition).
     He is the natural choice for the recently vacated position of CHESS KING.

When Vixen first went berserk,  it was Manlove who stood up to her, cementing his status as a "tough guy".  It also earned him his scar that goes down the left side of his face from his forehead to his neck.

« Last Edit: May 14th, 2012 at 8:04pm by John »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #3 - May 14th, 2012 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
The Black King also please.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #4 - May 14th, 2012 at 8:17pm
Print Post  

Anthony "Monty" Delvechio is the current Black King.    He recieved his knickname of Monty to his resemblence to Scotty from Star Trek.

He was a former marine in Vietnam,  did four combat tours and was shot seven times.  When it was time to get his new name upon joing CHESS he looked everyone in the eyes and said, "Whats wrong with my name."      

He never got a CHESS name.

During the 70's,  CHESS personal would joke that the Punisher was based on him.   Some say that "Monty" started those rumors.

He is an expert hand to hand fighter,  unparelled sniper, and was considered the most dangerous man in North America.

He took the reigns of CHESS BLACK in the 80s and is considering retirement. 

He has been called a sadist, and the still living head of Vajra, the Thunderbolt, on his desk does nothign to stop this.   He is quick to action,  and is learning to apreciate a good plan.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #5 - May 15th, 2012 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
One of my All Time favorites from two universes.

The Adversary.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #6 - May 15th, 2012 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
I don't know all their names but how about all the other "Scions".

Stormdances characters brothers and sisters??

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #7 - May 15th, 2012 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Phillip Manning Entrepenuer

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #8 - May 16th, 2012 at 8:01pm
Print Post  

the Adversary was a being orginally named Joe Lumbardi that somehow managed to use a device called the "omni wave" to destroy his universe.  Somehow  the Dark Warrior managed to absorb his universe and perserve it within his own cells.     When Mr. Clean used his own quantum Telekineses to revive the dead bodies of Magnum, Marshal Strong,  Peacekeeper and  the Dark Warrior, the Adversary was unfortunatly included.

His powers were, accourding to the Dark Warrior,  Armor, strength, power blasts, and flight.  But when he crossed into this universe, he seemed to have a bit of the Power Cosmic  as well.

He fought a squad of CHESS heroes, and was defeated after a major battle by Modi, Marshal Strong, the Dark Warrior and the help of the Men in Green.  He created from the Power Cosmic some of his allies from his universe, Disinto,  Candy Man, Slake, and some one called "flamey" that was not seen.    After his armor was destroyed, his "cosmic essense" was captured by the Men In Green and imprisioned in Nowhere.

It is presumed that he is still there.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #9 - May 16th, 2012 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
The Seven Scions are beings created by the Agents of Chaos and the Agents of Order to enforce the Sacred Marriage of  Ma'at and Nergul.   They are the Agents of Balance.

They are oroborouses that are constantly reborn.  They are constantly tempted by  Law or Chaos and some have flipped their allegience over the millenia.   When one dies, he is reborn as normal human.   That human will come into their power when they are called or upon some stressful incident.

The CHESS agent Scion is one of the Seven. 
    The other Six are:
   1. The Shroud, killed after he betrayed Scion and tied to get her to convert to the cause of Chaos.
   2. Erishekigal: A gothy girl with batwings that seems indiferent to all this.  She still serves Neutrality.
   3. Nox, a female who seems to be on the side of Chaos.
   4. Saturna, a stanch believer in Order.
   5. Unknown
   6. Unkown.

The Scions can be reincarnated as male or female.  When their power is activated,  they are instantly reconogniseable to the other scions.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #10 - May 16th, 2012 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Philip "the Man" Manning

The Man is an American billionaire.  He has holdings all over the world and is easliy one of the top ten richest men  on the planet.
    To say he is eccentric is an understatment.  When his mother fell ill, he wanted her to move close to him so he could take care of her, but she refused to leave her modest house.  So Manning had the house taken apart and reconstructed on the penthouse of his Manhattan Manning Enterpise Headquarters! Problem solved!

He is facinated with history, he is financing the rebuilding of the Ancient Wonders of the World, starting with the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas.  He then went on to build the Colossus smack in the heart of his project Science City  in Yuma Arizona*.
    He is pushing to make Drigible Travel Fashionable again, along with Art Deco Styles and Retro Cars.
    He built Zepplin docking stations in Londan and Paris and started the Transatlantic Air Cruise, which is a suprise hit!
     He is farsighted and has funded brilliant but bizarre architect Phil Yurt, with his "psychotechure".

Manning is at the fore front in developing Floating Island Cities,  and has just finished his Crusing Oil Rig.   

He is the main financier of the Mighty Seven, the first official super hero team.  He is also the owner of MEDusa, the Pharmacutical Pioneer.     His only known failure is the refusal of Medical Research firm, Helix to sell out to him.  Rumors of Industrial Espionage of course denied.
       Philip Manning has one son, Carter, who is a bit of an embarressment.  The boy accuses his father of being uncaring of the enviroment and his Floating Oil Rig is a disaster waiting to happen.    Carter is his son from his second wife.  Manning is currently engaged to what will be his ninth wife, the super hero Susan Page,  The Wonder.

*This totally pissed of Dr. Yurt, the man who designed Science City.  He claimed that the "psychotechure" of the place would cause peaceful dreams.  Since Manning bastardized it with a giant monument to his own ego, god knows what the damage to the city dweller's psyche could be!
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2012 at 10:50pm by John »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #11 - May 16th, 2012 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Here is a request I don't think you will answer but I'll ask.

Who is or was Arcturus????

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #12 - May 16th, 2012 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Nothing is known about Arcturus.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #13 - May 16th, 2012 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
My point exactly.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #14 - May 17th, 2012 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
How about Cantrip??

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #15 - May 17th, 2012 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Nothing is known about Cantrip.  He has no records, nothing on file.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #16 - May 17th, 2012 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
These are CHESS files then only???

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #17 - May 17th, 2012 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
No, no one knows about him.  Dick Dante seems to know the most about him, and that is not a lot.  When I say files, he has no birth certificats, social security, driver's license, nothing.  He doesn't exist.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #18 - May 17th, 2012 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
I'm nopt picking well lately.

Oberon

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #19 - May 19th, 2012 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
The Illithid known as Unique.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #20 - May 19th, 2012 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Raymond Phelps

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #21 - May 22nd, 2012 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Two of my favorite NPC concepts that I have never interacted with as a Player.

Jack Frost and King Fu

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #22 - May 27th, 2012 at 12:12pm
Print Post  

Raymond Phelps worked as a maintence man at a hotel where he met Dr. Mannish Nadir. Phelps was on the short list to be fired due to his laziness and general stupidity. Nadir found him to be the perfect pasty and had him be his gofer and general whipping boy.

When told he was going to be given meta human powers, Phelps said, "Cool, can I get a big honking ray gun" Nadir rolled his eyes and said, "Yes, but if you can't handle it, I will take it away from you." He gave him a plastic toy Space Ranger gun.

When he underwent the spell, even Nadir didn't understand the nature of his powers. At first, he called himself Ray Gun, due to the plastic gun's new found powers of well, shooting various rays.

Then he was defeated, fell into the ocean and transformed into the slightly scary Manta Ray. Then he was defeated.

In prison, he escaped by shrinking out of his cell. Now calling himself the very imaginative Shrinking Ray, he plotted his come back, only to be defeated again.

He then became Freeze Ray, but was put back on ice.

Then he transformed to X Ray, and was unsolid and radioactive. He was beaten so bad, he was killed.

But death couldn't stop Death Ray. Or could it? Yes, kind of. I mean, he came back from the dead but got his ass kicked again.

Now being moved to his own holding cell in the Aortic, for safety reasons, Raymond Phelps got a bit angry. So angry he swelled and became ultra strong, and slightly radioactive. He called himself Gamma Ray. He was so strong that he had to be tossed into the sun.

And that is the end of poor slub, Raymond Phelps.

Or is it...?
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2012 at 12:16pm by John »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #23 - May 27th, 2012 at 1:26pm
Print Post  

This is the only known photograph of he reclusive person known only as Cantrip.   Cantrip is a very short man, who usually sports a shaggy beard and unkempt hair.  He cleaned up for the Golden Dawn's Samhain Celebration.

It is rummored that the man is an occult expert, but no one can confirm this.   Other so called occult experts mock him, and call him an amature.   Cantrip seems to take these comments in stride and often smiles back with a wink. 

He is usually seen riding about Hollywood on a moped. He is always dirty and smelling of sweat.

He has no known friends but a fondness for cats.    He has been known to give some homless people gold coins.
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2012 at 1:26pm by John »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #24 - May 27th, 2012 at 1:40pm
Print Post  

Oberon is the son of Aubrey, grandson of Alberich.  He is the husband of Titania, and King of the Fae,  Chancellor of the Noble Court of the Sidhe.  He is an immortal Fae, and a sorceror of great power. He has one brother, Merowech, who's son Soril, is making a play for the thrown and the hand of his wife.

Somehow Soril managed to enchant the king and exile him from Arcadia to Earth.  It was here he wandered the beaches of California until he was befriended by the actor Gary Busey and brougth to the care of Doctor Richard Dante.

Dante, with the help of the Sisters of St. Herne, freed him from his curse and he returened to Faeryland to punish the wicked Soril.

His power is mighty and the only thing that scares him is that someone may learn the Terrible Secret of the High Court.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #25 - May 27th, 2012 at 1:45pm
Print Post  

Unique is an illithid. And has all the ablities known to that horrible race.  He was stranded on the remote planet Skaarpos, and was forced to live in isolation.   This is unheard of by the communal race, and so he was unique.

He was rescued by the Dark Warrior, Marshal Strong and Scion and was brought back to Earth.  He was studied by CHESS, before he was released to join the rest of his race. 

It is hoped that Unique can contaiminate his people and through his telepathic rapport with other Mind Flayers,  he can spead dissent and the idea of "uniqueness".

He is the only known Illthid that dons clothing for personal reasons.   The only other time any Illithid wears clothes is for protection, like wearing space suits or armor.   Illthids don't like to hamper their natural elasticisity or camuflaughing ablities.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #26 - May 27th, 2012 at 1:52pm
Print Post  

King Fu, or Kenny Kim, was a normal Asian American kid with an obession for the King.  He scored so well on some standerised tests that the state was insisting that every high school kid take.  He was aproached by some goverment spooks that told him he was eligible for some governemnt program.

He was one of the only CHESS canditates to get recruited into Project Red Cap without being in the military or CIA first.

He came out with pheominal reflexes and sheer stage presence. He called himself King Fu and went to bedazzle the hearts of America ever since.

He has toured the talk show circles,  stopped muggings, and helped little old ladies cross the street.  When ever metahumans cause some damage, and public opionion starts to waver,  King Fu is there to love them all tender and check them out of Heartbreak Hotel.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #27 - May 27th, 2012 at 2:00pm
Print Post  

Jack Frost, formery Jack Cambell,  was a shy, retiring wallflower. He was an army Desk clerk.  When he was empowered, he became the opposite.  He is now the definition of cool.  Who is he now dating?    Which starlets want to date him?   Find out at his next media event. 

Not so much a superhero, although acourding to him, he is the best super there is.  What he is, however is a media sensation.    

He doesn't so much shoot ice or make ice sleds, he REMOVES heat from things, freezing them with out the clumsy frost blasts.     If he only took his power seriously, he would realise just how powerful he is.

He is currently in negotiations with Paramount studios.  He wants to make and star and direct the Jack Frost Story.   
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2012 at 2:02pm by John »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #28 - Mar 3rd, 2013 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Nexus

IP Logged

THE ONI