Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Arkham Horror (Read 12922 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: Arkham Horror
Reply #70 - Oct 24th, 2012 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
My Friday plays fell through.  Anyone up for a game of Arkham Horror or Divine Right?

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

STORMDANCE
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #71 - Oct 25th, 2012 at 2:12am
Print Post  
Alas I am still working 6 day, 70 hr weeks and I am not out of work on Friday's until Midnight so still no go for me...... Cry

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #72 - Oct 25th, 2012 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
I was wondering what you were up to.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #73 - Oct 25th, 2012 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
I can Arkham Divine Horror Right tomorrow......

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #74 - Oct 25th, 2012 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
I have a bunch of stuff to do during the day tomorrow, which means I won't be getting much sleep after tonight's shift.  I wish I could, but I need to get this crap done so I can enjoy my other 2 days off this weekend

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #75 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Not sure what time I will get out tonight. Heavy patient discharges in preparation for the storm. I'll give a call.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #76 - Nov 23rd, 2012 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
I played three games with my nieces and  nephews.   We won 2 out of three. 

The first I was turned into a Deep One and then set off the Great Old One to attack.  My niece's then kicked Ithiqua's ass.

The second game, with only one gate open, on my first move, I drew a card that allowed me to close a gate.  We one.   Fastest game ever.

The third game, after 6 hours of play, and my neice turning into a Deep One,  three of us were killed when Nyarlathotep awoke and then killed the remaining player.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #77 - Nov 23rd, 2012 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
And on Thanksgiving the Family that Devours together gets Devoured together.

2 out of three aint bad.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #78 - Jan 2nd, 2013 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
The Horror of Arkham Horror.

My wife, daughter and I plyed last night for 4 hours. Basically until I was exhausted. We could not finish but we had all the gate matkers that Yig initiallyn had on his board removed because we permantly sealed 5 gates.

My wife was sealing gates along with me while my daughter laid waste to anything she got near. Magic word and also a few weapons like a rifle and dynamaite twice.

Everything was goimng great until my wife decided to replace some of the monster counters with tiny stuffed animals.

The Terror track was up to 8 so we were getting into trouble

Help John, Help.......

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #79 - Jan 5th, 2013 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
I think AH gets a bit more horrible when played with stuffed animals.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #80 - Apr 27th, 2013 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Just played a game  with Oni and Jennifer, a friend of Jimmy and I from grade school that we had not seen in decades.   

She battled cosmic horror,  cat dander, and Queen's parking.   We had to keep Azathoth from awakening, cause if he does, he destroys all of existence!   

We sealed 5 gates,  six are needed to win, but then the sleepy fella awoke, and we all got snuffed.

Of couse things like flying monsters, snow drifts and lack of clues prevented us from being the heroes that we all know we are.   

I enjoyed the game, as new cards were drawn,  the first corruption card was issued to Jimmy.  He drew some fun enounters in the Church, a place largely neglected in other games.  He was even nearly drowned by the priest, then kicked out of the place by God himself! 

Jennifer was a shirtless pirate.  She played a shirtless pirate.  She, unfortunately, wore a shirt and spent a lot of time in visiting the nice inbreed hick town of Dunwich. 

I had fun closing Rifts in Kingsport and I really wanted to try to get the White Ship or climb the Kingsport Head.  Maybe next time.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #81 - Apr 28th, 2013 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Hey Jimmy, I just reread about the corruption cards.  We played it wrong.

Quote:
When a player is instructed to draw a Corruption card, he or she draws the top card of the Corruption deck and places it near his or her investigator sheet. An investigator may have more than one Corruption card at a time.

Every Corruption card has an effect that is triggered whenever a particular monster movement dimension symbol appears on a mythos card during the Mythos Phase. There are two versions of every Corruption card in the deck: one with a dimension symbol on a white background and one with a dimension symbol on a black background. Effects on Corruption cards do not trigger unless both the symbol and the colored background on the Corruption card matches those of the mythos card drawn during the Mythos Phase. Triggering a Corruption card ability is not optional.

Corruption cards are resolved immediately after monster movement during step 3 of resolving a mythos card. Some Corruption cards also have passive abilities that are always in effect. For example, the card 'Endless Greed' has both a passive effect and a triggered effect. The passive effect of 'Endless Greed' (the text that appears above the monster movement dimension symbol) is always in effect as long as the investigator has that particular card.

When a gate is closed, all Corruption cards in play that match the closed gate's dimension symbol are discarded. Certain card effects may also instruct a player to discard cards off the top of the Corruption deck. Discarded Corruption cards are placed in a discard pile and are considered removed from the game. The Corruption deck is never reshuffled.

If a player is instructed to draw a Corruption card, but there are no cards available to draw, the Ancient One immediately awakens.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #82 - Apr 28th, 2013 at 12:14am
Print Post  
Good to know for next time. I don't think it made a difference in this case. Need to have players visit the Church more often.

PS.

Cthulhu and Pumpkin Juice were a HUGE Hit when I got home.

Someone is corrupting the little one I think.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #83 - May 27th, 2013 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
So after spending a Good portion of yesterday with My Daughter at the Park and out for Japanese food of course I asked Her what she wanted to do today since I would actually be home for most of it.

Without a moments Hesitation She chose to play Arkham Horror later on today.

Scary Kid But I Love Her....... Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools

>