Normal Topic Power Stunts (Read 853 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Power Stunts
Jun 12th, 2012 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
As I mentioned on the "Inspiration and Inventing" thread that we've changed to, one thing that Inspiration Points can be used for in our game is "power stunts".

Here's a couple of examples of ones my players have created:

Araneae
Ghost Carry
Araneae is able to make objects (animate or inanimate) that he carries non-corporeal along with himself.  The maximum amount that he can do this with is equal to his current Carrying Capacity.  Willing participants (such as teammates) can be carried for free (no action or to hit roll required); to carry unwilling characters requires a successful hold.  As with Araneae himself, any character doing this will likely have to hold their breath while phased into a solid object.

Sir Rathos
Shield the Weak
Sir Rathos can throw a telekinetic shield (shaped like a traditional kite shield) in front of a man-sized target (maximum of 8’ high and 6’ wide).  This shield has SR=15; any damage done in excess of this is subtracted from Sir Rathos’ Power score.  One action to create, Range = A x Level (85”), and each defensive use (blocking at least 3 damage in a phase) requires 1 charge.
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2012 at 4:12pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Re: Power Stunts
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
I like the "Ghost Carry" but if I'm reading shield the weak correctly, an attack that did less than 15 points of damage would be ignored?

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
I think that's what's intended, and that's what's intended.  It's like an Invulnerability of 15 for a person, but also similar to Force Field in that damage going over that could do damage to the PC's Power.

I see now that I should spell out that it can only be used on someone else (not on himself).

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
The whole bit of SR doesn't really make sense, being as this is energy and not something that is ablative (like substances that have a Structural Rating).

I'm changing it to the following:

Shield the Weak
Sir Rathos can throw a telekinetic shield (shaped like a traditional kite shield) in front of a man-sized target other than himself (maximum of 8’ high and 6’ wide).  This shield provides Invulnerability of 15; any damage done in excess of this is subtracted from Sir Rathos’ Power score.  One action to create, Range = A x Level (85”), and each defensive use (blocking at least 3 damage in a phase) requires 1 charge.

Good catch, sir!  Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2014 at 2:34pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Bill Kropp
Justice Leaguer

Great. Its That Guy.

Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Nightcrawlers Blink Teleport Punch would probably be a multiattack vs 1 target where the penalties to hit would be largely offset by striking from flank or behind. costly in PR tho

IP Logged

>