Normal Topic Um....Hey, everybody. (Read 844 times)
Joe
Sidekick

I like to play the villain,
who doesn't?

Um....Hey, everybody.
Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
I'm horrible at introducing myself. When I was in school, I suffered from crippling stage fright, and cold intros still bring that out.
dsumner pointed me over here and I thought I'd check in, since some people had said nice things about my art.
My name is Joe Singleton, I do the webcomic Ad Astra, as well as a monthly column called Artistic License in the Collector Times online. Long before Project Rooftop and the others, I was doing character redesigns in Artistic License. I created Heroblog in 2005 and it ran for about 4 years, before my work on Ad Astra kinda took over most of my creative energy. HeroBlog is the foundation universe for Ad Astra. One of the ways I vent my non-Ad Astra creative energy is creating mock covers for stories I'll probably never have the time or opportunity to tell. It's a way to get the kernel of the story out there, but without all that pesky work!
V&V was the first RPG I ever played, and the only one I ever played that wasn't cobbled together from half a dozen other games, except for the one game of the old Marvel RPG we played where we just had a hero vs villain slugfest. We each played two characters, one of mine was Attuma, and we used his stats from the original first issue of the Handbook of the Marvel Universe, where it was stated he could lift 40,000 tons. I punched Colossus into orbit. Ah, it's fun playing the villain. Haven't played any kind of game in many years, though I continue to buy game manuals when I come across one that looks interesting.
I worked on an super-hero RPG called Modern Knights back in 2000, for which I did about 65 pieces of artwork. Sadly, it's only been published in PDF format and I never got paid for most of the work. Still, I had fun doing it and have always hoped that table-top gaming would make a comeback, so I could have a chance to do some more of that kind of work.
I have a lot of art posted over on deviantArt, my id there is Joe-Singleton.
Laters!
Joe

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: Um....Hey, everybody.
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Great to have you here, Joe!  Your art posted over on the "Hero Talk" section is a lot of fun!  Cool

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Welcome!

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 12:22am
Print Post  
Glad you finally made it over here.  Cool

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Joe
Sidekick

I like to play the villain,
who doesn't?

Reply #4 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 4:37am
Print Post  
Thanks!
I'm going to be working pretty hard to get a story completed over the next few weeks, so my participation will be a little sporadic for awhile.

IP Logged

>