Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) An Official Statement from Jeff Dee and Jack Herman of Monkey House Games (Read 31506 times)
Monkey House Jack
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

An Official Statement from Jeff Dee and Jack Herman of Monkey House Games
Aug 8th, 2012 at 2:18am
Print Post  
As you all know, we are in the midst of a legal dispute over the publishing rights and trademark to the Revised Villains and Vigilantes superhero role-playing game, which we created in 1982. This dispute is ongoing, and though it’s taking far longer than we’d hoped we remain firm in our conviction that the courts will ultimately decide in our favor.

At the moment, however, the court requires us to issue the following statement:

In 2010, a link was posted on the Wikipedia page for Fantasy Games Unlimited, which showed the state of New York had dissolved Fantasy Games Unlimited, Inc. in 1991. (For reference, this link can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/9vor4g2) The information it presents is, to the best of our knowledge, accurate and undisputed. But if the presence of that link inaccurately suggested that the corporation was dissolved due to failure to pay taxes- as opposed to being dissolved for ceasing to pay state incorporation fees, then we sincerely and regretfully apologize for and hereby retract any and all statements on our part which might have given that impression.

Also in regards to the Fantasy Games Unlimited Wikipedia page, there have been other comments (which have since been removed) which stated, in effect, that the Scott Bizar DBA Fantasy Games Unlimited has taken “unjustified positions” and “improperly threatens legal action” and “has a bad reputation for holding publishing works in limbo”. We had no involvement in the posting of such comments, nor did we direct anyone to make them on our behalf, and have no knowledge of or suspicion as to who made them. Therefore, we take this opportunity to publicly declare that we do not support these statements, we have no knowledge as to the specific situations those statements were referencing, and that we will have no further public comment in regard to them.

Additionally, we have made statements to the effect that Scott Bizar DBA Fantasy Games Unlimited does not have the right to publish our game Revised Villains and Vigilantes. It is certainly our belief that this is true in light of advice of legal counsel and the accumulation of a significant body of evidence. However, this is a matter that has yet to be legally determined, and which will be determined through the legal action which we have undertaken. If we have given the impression our belief represented settled legal fact, we sincerely and regretfully apologize and hereby retract any and all statements we have made which may have given that impression.

Furthermore, we sincerely and regretfully apologize for and hereby retract any statement that we have made which may have been interpreted as negative commentary upon the character, reputation, honesty, integrity or virtue of Scott Bizar DBA Fantasy Games Unlimited.

In discussing this issue we have attempted to distinguish between the two separate legal entities that are Fantasy Games Unlimited Inc. of the State of New York (for the sake of clarity, this is the legal entity which was formed on July 1, 1975 and dissolved by proclamation on September 25, 1991) and Scott Bizar DBA Fantasy Games Unlimited, which is still conducting business. While doing so, we may have given the impression that Scott Bizar did not have the right to do business under the name Fantasy Games Unlimited. It is our belief that, even though the corporation that is Fantasy Games Unlimited Inc. of the State of New York no longer exists, Scott Bizar does have the right to use that name for his current business. We therefore sincerely and regretfully apologize for and hereby retract any and all statements we have made that may have seemed to imply otherwise.

Finally, in the discussion of our ongoing dispute with Scott Bizar DBA Fantasy Games Unlimited, we may have made comments that could be interpreted as inappropriately negative assessments of his dealings with writers and artists, or the quality of his products. Again, we sincerely and regretfully apologize for and hereby retract any and all statements we may have previously made that might have given this impression.

-Jeff Dee and Jack Herman
Monkey House Games, Inc.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Re: An Official Statement from Jeff Dee and Jack Herman of Monkey House Games
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 2:46am
Print Post  
Jack, in all honestly, it's really sad that it's had to come down to this. I, and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, sincerely hoped that you, Jack, and Scott could have worked something out that would have kept everyone involved in the creation, and publication of V&V, and avoided a long and costly court cases, as I know none of you are rolling in the dough.

At one point all of you got along well enough, and it appeared as though you all were having fun working together, and putting out a great game. I'm not sure what, happened all those years ago, to sour that relationship, nor do I need to, as that's really none of my damned business.

The way things are now, and I mentioned this to another board member earlier, I feel like I'm watching what once once a happy family implode. Over the years, you've grown more distant from each other, more resentful, and now it's all finally come to a head, and you want a divorce. Now all that's left is to argue over who gets the kids, and alimony payments to the former spouse. And the two parents are asking their friends to pick sides. Most of us, as in the fans, the guys that have stuck with this game all these years, don't want that. We don't want to see the arguing, finger point, etc. It's just serves to drive people away from what should be something they enjoy.

But, I hope that once this is over, all of you can find it within yourselves, to at least make the effort to sit down and try to talk to each other at some point, and possibly bury the hatchet one day, and just get back to what you all do best, putting out good games that bring a little excitement and fun into peoples lives.

If I'm rambling, or completely out of line. I'll shut up, and move along to something less depressing.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 8:48am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Aug 8th, 2012 at 2:46am:
I, and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, sincerely hoped that you, Jack, and Scott could have worked something out that would have kept everyone involved in the creation, and publication of V&V, and avoided a long and costly court cases, as I know none of you are rolling in the dough.

Ditto

I'm not sure what, happened all those years ago, to sour that relationship, nor do I need to, as that's really none of my damned business.

Incorrect.  The fans were DRAGGED into this fight by (guess) and deserve to know the truth.  But it doesn't matter anymore.

And the two parents are asking their friends to pick sides.

Also incorrect.  There was only one "parent" DEMANDING (not asking) fans to pick sides.

But, I hope that once this is over, all of you can find it within yourselves, to at least make the effort to sit down and try to talk to each other at some point, and possibly bury the hatchet one day, and just get back to what you all do best, putting out good games that bring a little excitement and fun into peoples lives.

Scott already has.  Now it's too late.

IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
If the court has required MHG to make this statement, and MHG states that the rights to publish are still in court, it sounds like MHG never had the right to publish V&V 2.1.  Which would mean the claims and statements that they have the rights back to V&V were premature.

I guess that means FGU has been in the right all along.

I agree with DSumner that I wish this point had never been reached.  But I think MHG definitely went about things the wrong way with the bull rush.  I hope that this doesn't end up hurting the game in the long run.  Or FGU either, since they had the rights all along.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #4 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Sounds like another "Enjoy the boobies" thread is forming here!
Shocked

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #5 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Not at all Paul. Not at all. Keep the boobies with the boobies.

IP Logged

Tempest
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #6 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Strictly for myself, I find the entire situation devolving into a court case scenario to be hugely disheartening.  I have a gut and intellectual conviction that V&V was the creation of Herman and Dee, the work of Herman and Dee, and belongs in those individuals' hands; I have little doubt that the eventual decree - whenever the wheels of the private justice system get around to it - will turn in their favour.  In the meantime, though, at least Jeff and Jack are playing by the rules, and will hopefully avoid the court's ire until matters are adjudicated.  Until then, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of my V&V 2.1 rulebook (as well as all the rest of the 2.1 stuff that was released before the shutdown), including the Banditos y Vigilantes wrestling moves, which have already begun to make their impact (literally and figuratively) on our own games.
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2012 at 8:18pm by Tempest »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #7 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
What everyone is forgetting is that while  Jack and Jeff came up with the idea of the game,  Scott put up the money to make it real.   Who had more to loose in this senario?   I am not postive, but if  Jeff and Jack had the money to publish for themselves, then they would not have needed Scott.

So again, who stood the most to loose?    And by that logic, who deserved to profit the most?   I know emotions are a wonderful thing, but some  people who claim logic and reason as the ony way to be seen to forget that V&V would be some photocopied sheets of paper and be  long forgotten.  If not for some  conservative dickbag ( Jeff's words, not mine) putting up the money to make their dream a reality then none of us would be here today.

Sucks, but  Scott had more to risk then Jack And Jeff, and therefor I have no problem with him retaining the rights.   

Want to own the rights to your ideas?   Then put up the money yourselves. 
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2012 at 10:17pm by John »  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #8 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
(  .   Y  .  )

boobies

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #9 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Also notice that they're lying about this part when they say they have "no involvement" and "no knowledge":

Monkey House Jack wrote on Aug 8th, 2012 at 2:18am:
Also in regards to the Fantasy Games Unlimited Wikipedia page, there have been other comments (which have since been removed) which stated, in effect, that the Scott Bizar DBA Fantasy Games Unlimited has taken “unjustified positions” and “improperly threatens legal action” and “has a bad reputation for holding publishing works in limbo”. We had no involvement in the posting of such comments, nor did we direct anyone to make them on our behalf, and have no knowledge of or suspicion as to who made them. Therefore, we take this opportunity to publicly declare that we do not support these statements, we have no knowledge as to the specific situations those statements were referencing, and that we will have no further public comment in regard to them.

...because the Wikipedia page was modified by Jeff:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Fantasy_Games_Unlimited&action=history

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #10 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 12:29am
Print Post  
I realize I'm the newest member of this forum... BUT...

If you want to make Jeff and Jack proud - play the game.
If you want to support Scott's insight - play the game.
If you want to strengthen this community - play the game.

Your dollars and time are the currency that people across the entertainment industry are fighting to capture. Play this game because it is fun, not because of some misplaced loyalty to the original creators or the man who made it possible.

We should be building worlds, and sharing them.
A discussion about lawsuits and legal briefs isn't fun, and amounts to little more than mental masturbation.

Ramble

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #11 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 11:25am
Print Post  
It's just too bad it took this event for FGU to get off its ass and do something for the betterment o the game after languishing for 20 years in a garage.

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #12 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Ranger wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 at 11:25am:
It's just too bad it took this event for FGU to get off its ass and do something for the betterment o the game after languishing for 20 years in a garage.

A number of Dave Woodrum's free supplements were available months before the formation of MHG. Citizen Report was already mentioned on this forum before that time, and Enter the Gene Pool was already in production as well. Did V&V languish for 20-odd years? Unfortunately, yes. But FGU was coming back before this dispute took place.
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2012 at 12:09pm by polarboy »  

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #13 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
And the sad part is that it never needed to languish.  Jeff Dee stopped publishing in 1987 when he was assigned the project Most Wanted: vol 2 and wasn't man enough to fulfill his responsibilities.

I hope Scott nails his sorry ass to the wall.

IP Logged

Isungr
Apprentice

Defender of Paragon

Reply #14 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Yes, V&V did languish for 20 years, but it was more like a lack of capital (imo) that kept them from doing anything. Reprints of Aftermath!, Space Opera, etc. started rolling out a few years back. Just saying.

Now, did the court case inspire them to pump more energy in the V&V line? Probably. Again, just my opinion.

"It's not about where you were born. Or what powers you have. Or what you wear on your chest. It's about what you do....It's about saving others."
Isungr to other Paragon heroes during the Cataclysm
WWWGTalkFacebookYIM  
IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #15 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
No, the court case burned a great deal of cash on Scott's side.  Too bad for the fans, huh?

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #16 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
We just need to keep positive for the game and continue moving forward. The misinformation, bitterness and perceptions over the last two years are slowly coming to light for what really happened.

No one will ever know the perfect details of what soured the relationship between the publisher and the two creatives involved in this dispute. I agree with Ramble that we (now) don't need to speculate about the legal details. The truth about the timeline of events and the reasons for V&V to have 'languished', and whether people agree about hows and whys is all distraction for the big picture: The case is almost over and we have a game to go on with.

Fans like John B, Eric , Doug, Patric R., TIm H., and Dominique to name just a few kept the game a living thing. It took a long time for Scott to not only position himself to finance this again, but for technology to avail that. Now he has burned tens of thousands of dollars defending his right to keep going that could have made a lot of V&V for us.

We need to support the game and the publisher if the game is what is important; likewise we should probably accept that some people (including Jeff and Jack) who disagree with that are casualties in what will certainly be a lesson to us all.
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2012 at 2:08pm by AlabasterKnight »  

If it's not fun, we're not doing it right.

IP Logged

Allen
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #17 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 10:53am
Print Post  
From the court ruling:

“Reviewing de novo, Lopez v. Smith, 203 F.3d 1122, 1131 (9th Cir. 2000) (en banc), we hold that summary judgment in favor of Dee and Herman was proper on the copyright claims. The 1979 contract granted to FGU, Inc., publication rights to the 1979 Villains and Vigilantes Rulebook. The parties’ course of conduct extended the contract to apply to the 1982 Rulebook, as well. But the contract expressly provided that the agreement would terminate by operation of law if FGU, Inc., ceased to do business for any reason. The agreement also prohibited the assignment of any rights under the contract without the written consent of the other parties. By the terms of the agreement, when FGU, Inc., was dissolved in 1991, all rights to the 1979 and 1982 Rulebooks reverted to Dee and Herman. Accordingly, all sales after the 1991 dissolution of FGU, Inc., of the 1979 or 1982 Rulebooks were infringing acts.”

Again: all sales after 1991 were infringements of copyright because FGU Inc. was dissolved in 1991. So...how much will the damages be? If Bizar was smart, he would cut a deal to drop the trademark he applied for in return for reduction or elimination of damages, accept the licensing agreeent and keep on making stuff for V&V. Bet that is not what will happen.

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #18 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Allen Shock!  Hey!  Where have you been?  Oh, wait, that's right!  You were banned from this forum!

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #19 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
No one has ever been banned from this forum.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #20 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Oh, sorry.  I'm not sure where I got that impression...?

I wonder what brought him back?   Grin

IP Logged

Tempest
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #21 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Allen wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 10:53am:
So...how much will the damages be? If Bizar was smart, he would cut a deal to drop the trademark he applied for in return for reduction or elimination of damages, accept the licensing agreeent and keep on making stuff for V&V. Bet that is not what will happen.

While I've - obviously - got no idea as to exactly how deep and/or long the rift between the two parties goes, I get the honest impression that Mr. Bizar has forwarded his claim to the V&V trademark so that the works he's got on the FGU site (and, presumably, will continue to accumulate) remain untouched and outside the area of claim for copyright infringement.  I wouldn't be willing to bet on how long the damn Arizona court case will pull on, but I would bet dollars to fricking donuts that Jeff and Jack will be given the complete array of V&V IPs at the end of the process, and we can start to see V&V 3.0 finally wending its way toward both POD and retail release.

As has been stated here previously, my understanding is that MHG (if/when they get the trademark awarded) has got absolutely no intention of stifling FGU's release of current or future V&V (second edition, at least) works.  I am going to continue contributing funds, as best I damn well can, to Jeff and Jack's kickstarter so that these gentlemen can get back the game - all of its components - into its creators' hands.

By the way, Allen, it has been a while - very good to see you back. Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2015 at 2:24pm by Tempest »  

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #22 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 1:31am
Print Post  
Tempest wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 2:13pm:
Allen wrote on Nov 19th, 2015 at 10:53am:
So...how much will the damages be? If Bizar was smart, he would cut a deal to drop the trademark he applied for in return for reduction or elimination of damages, accept the licensing agreeent and keep on making stuff for V&V. Bet that is not what will happen.

While I've - obviously - got no idea as to exactly how deep and/or long the rift between the two parties goes, I get the honest impression that Mr. Bizar has forwarded his claim to the V&V trademark so that the works he's got on the FGU site (and, presumably, will continue to accumulate) remain untouched and outside the area of claim for copyright infringement.  I wouldn't be willing to bet on how long the damn Arizona court case will pull on, but I would bet dollars to fricking donuts that Jeff and Jack will be given the complete array of V&V IPs at the end of the process, and we can start to see V&V 3.0 finally wending its way toward both POD and retail release.

As has been stated here previously, my understanding is that MHG (if/when they get the trademark awarded) has got absolutely no intention of stifling FGU's release of current or future V&V (second edition, at least) works.  I am going to continue contributing funds, as best I damn well can, to Jeff and Jack's kickstarter so that these gentlemen can get back the game - all of its components - into its creators' hands.

By the way, Allen, it has been a while - very good to see you back. Smiley

I don't understand what you mean when you say "Jeff and Jack will be given the complete array of V&V IP's at the end of the process". 

I have written intellectual property for the V&V game system, and my contract exists only with FGU. If Dee and Herman win, are you saying that you think they will be able to assume FGU's place in my contracts, and presumably the contracts that exist with other authors?

RAMBLE

IP Logged

Klystron
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Ramble wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 at 12:29am:
We should be building worlds, and sharing them. A discussion about lawsuits and legal briefs isn't fun, and amounts to little more than mental masturbation.

I agree wholeheartedly. Nothing more can come of this here than a He Said-She Said so let's let the legal eagles sort it out.

Ramble wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 1:31am:
I have written intellectual property for the V&V game system, and my contract exists only with FGU. If Dee and Herman win, are you saying that you think they will be able to assume FGU's place in my contracts, and presumably the contracts that exist with other authors?

This is really the issue for me. I have 3 adventures play-tested and ready for submission to begin the vetting process for publication.  The players have enjoyed these scenarios and I would like to see if they are worth of publication.

My quandary? I do not know which house to go with. I don't want to guess wrong and have material in the hands of a company that can't do anything with it. This court case is not helping advance the game and it seems to me which ever way it comes out, someone will be SOL.

IP Logged

Ironnerd
Justice Leaguer

Crunchy on the outside,
chewy on the inside.

Reply #24 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Klystron,

Either way you go, you would be a freelance writer, not an employee. Since you have THREE adventures, try sending one to FGU and another to MHG following each company's published submission guidelines.

And yes, someone always ends up the loser in a court battle.

The best thing we can do is keep writing good stuff, keep playing the game we enjoy, and leave all the lawsuit garbage to the lawyers and judges (it is completely out of our control anyway).

John "Ironnerd" Adams
"The GM is the balancing mechanic" - Klystron

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #25 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
FWIW, Monkey House Games is not publishing anything until the legal shenanigans are sorted out.

Both sides sit down to try to work things out in January, so hopefully we won't have that much more to wait.  I am not optimistic that they'll get something accomplished, as both sides seem quite entrenched, but then I've spent many hours in rooms with two sides that are entrenched (with lawyers on both sides) and sometimes there can be movement.  The vast majority of the time things get settled.

IP Logged

Klystron
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 7:51am
Print Post  
Ironnerd,

The 3 adventures I have ready for submission, while not dependent on each other, are nevertheless linked and referenced to each other. They each could be stand alone but organizations are introduced and referenced so I don't want to send them to different publishers as that would eventually cause some of them to be lost.

Assuming the worst and the victor has no means to publish or continue after "winning" and court battle and my stuff never gets published officially, I will post it here for everyone to enjoy. It's all about the game for me.  Of course, I would rather see my stuff as part of the official universe but if not, I'm no worse off than I am now.....

Maybe they should just roll up some characters and battle it out within the  game context.

All rise, this court is now in session.  Both parties roll for initiative!

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #27 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
In my case, I have two adventures published with FGU. I have another 4 adventures waiting for artwork/editing with FGU, another book that's been submitted and I'm waiting to hear back from, and I'm in the process of writing another 5 V&V books.

And as  time passes, the notion of my work being published at MHG seems more and more remote for a variety of reasons. At core, I'm a freelancer who happens to write V&V books, but people like to paint me as a FGU employee.

Anyway... life is too short to write books and not have them see the light of day because of a lawsuit. For that reason, I'm diversifying beyond V&V into other game systems.

RAMBLE
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2015 at 10:17pm by Ramble »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #28 - Dec 2nd, 2015 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
FWIW I think you're a very talented writer and I've really enjoyed your stuff, Ramble.  I'm hoping that - whichever side comes out on top - you'll reconsider and still stick with writing V&V material.

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #29 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 3:51am
Print Post  
Majestic,

You sweet talker! I'm glad you enjoy my work, and I'm glad you're using it now and into the future! And do your opinions matter to me? Hell yes!

I'm not turning my back on V&V. I've written 6 adventures for V&V already... and I have plans for another five that I've already begun work on. That's a bucket of work that I'm not willing to walk away from.

On the other hand... I write faster than FGU can publish my stuff. And so I patiently wait and write more. And more. And more. I'm treated with respect and I'm given support, but it's a weird feeling having to wait for my work to see the light of day. Hmm.

So, I look across the street... and there's MHG. Great pedigree - this is J&J, after all. But I look at what they have produced recently: a card game, a single character write-up, and now you can buy a hoodie from them with the trademark that they may not own. And they need a kickstarter campaign to cover legal expenses. Hmm. My spider sense is tingling.

So, yes, I've begun writing products for Pathfinder. It's a bigger market, it's a newer game, and I know it quite well. Sure, I'm still writing V&V products, and I'm trying to create the best books that V&V has ever seen, but I'm a freelance writer, so it's good for me to diversify my work.
And who knows, if it means some players go from Pathfinder to V&V, so much the better.

RAMBLE               
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2015 at 2:42am by Ramble »  

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #30 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 11:34pm:
FWIW, Monkey House Games is not publishing anything until the legal shenanigans are sorted out.

...but they ARE taking people's money!  Meanwhile, FGU is doing what it always has.

I think that right there speaks for itself.

Quote:
I will post it here for everyone to enjoy.

Noble, but please don't do that.  You deserve more credit than that for your efforts.

Ramble wrote on Dec 3rd, 2015 at 3:51am:
I'm not turning my back on V&V. I've written 6 adventures for V&V already... and I have plans for another five that I've already begun work on.

I look forward to seeing more of your work, too!  Yay!

IP Logged

Klystron
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Dec 6th, 2015 at 8:55am
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Dec 5th, 2015 at 10:48pm:
Klystron wrote on 01. Dec 2015 at 06:51:I will post it here for everyone to enjoy. Noble, but please don't do that.  You deserve more credit than that for your efforts.

Thank you Display Name and that is predicated on my material not being published commercially when the dust settles.

Even the winner may not win if their company is ruined by legal fees. Another reason why this dispute is bad for the game, no matter who is favored by the decision.

I am also forced to point out my material may suck too much to merit commercial publication or it might conflict with something else already in the works and be denied.

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #32 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Maybe.
Or it could be legendary.
I hope we get to find out.

RAMBLE

IP Logged

Klystron
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 7:41am
Print Post  
Ramble wrote on Dec 10th, 2015 at 12:39am:
Maybe.
Or it could be legendary.
I hope we get to find out.

RAMBLE

Who's the sweet talker now?

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #34 - Dec 12th, 2015 at 4:33am
Print Post  
OH HELL YES, I'm a sweet talker.

Listen, write a book you are happy with, and then submit it to someone for publishing or publish it yourself.

If you want to give away a freebie... do a single character portrait. FGU gives those away for free, and even MHG (who is always looking for cash these days) only sells them for a buck. Whether you succeed, fail, or have a bag of mixed results, either way it's a new experience you can put under your belt. And it's shows your intentions without giving up all your ideas.

I have tons of books in the Grey Matter Mill churning and rumbling around... and my ideas are too sweet to give away for free. If your ideas suck - then give them away for free. If your ideas are good AND you have the tenacity to actually write them out, then you ought to be paid. You've earned it.

Also, don't assume that FGU and MHG are different sides of the same coin. When you study them, I think you'll see they act differently, they've got different strengths and weaknesses, and they've got different models for how they want to do business. The question is really, how do you want to do business? You answer that and you'll know who you want to work with.

RAMBLE

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Topic Tools

>