Normal Topic Cyrokinesis (Read 2368 times)
dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Cyrokinesis
Oct 27th, 2013 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
First off, I've got to give credit, where credit is due. The idea for this power came from Polar Boy's Pyrokineis write-up posted in this very section.

Cyrokinesis: The character can mentally generate cold/ice at a distance. Range = Intelligence + Charisma. Attacks as Ice Powers, Damage = 1d12, PR=4 per attack.

The attack creates one cubic foot of ice per point of damage caused by the attack, which clings to the target after the hit is scored. An additional point of damage per cubic foot of ice is taken by the victim during each between-turns phase when ice is still clinging to him. The ice will melt at a rate of one cubic foot each between-turns phase (after calculating bonus damage), unless maintained.

The victim of an ice attack may attempt to free himself from the clinging ice. Multiply the amount of ice by 100 pounds: if the result exceeds the victim’s Carrying Capacity he will be rendered totally immobile and thus unable to attack the ice in any manner requiring him to be able to move. See 8.3 for rules to govern the amount of ice that an attack will destroy; note that since the ice is inanimate and undefending any roll to hit except a 20 will be successful.

Masses of ice may be created, requiring one inch of movement to form each two cubic feet of ice. PR=0. The ice will melt at a rate of one cubic foot each between-turns phase unless maintained.

Using Cyrokinesis as an Ice Power defense requires one action per turn (e.g. to freeze incoming attacks), PR=4 per turn.
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2020 at 6:13pm by dsumner »  

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Re: Cyrokinesis
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2013 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
So, what do you guys think? Sound reasonable?

YIM  
IP Logged

Phrennzy
Avenger

I'm very pretty!

Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
You're trading the ice armor for a much longer range and slightly lower PR cost?  I'd let my players do that. 

But given the choice between regular Ice powers and Cryokinesis, I'd take regular Ice powers.  The armor is worth more than longer range.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Phrennzy wrote on Nov 5th, 2013 at 8:28pm:
You're trading the ice armor for a much longer range and slightly lower PR cost?  I'd let my players do that. 

But given the choice between regular Ice powers and Cryokinesis, I'd take regular Ice powers.  The armor is worth more than longer range. 

Ice Powers are definately one of the most unbalanced powers in the game, and I've had to tame them down a bit. Creating Ice Armor is an Action, and it now costs my players 2 Power each turn they keep it.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #4 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Bumping this up as well, and I'd also like to hear what you think about my suggestions for taming Ice Powers.

YIM  
IP Logged

>