Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) 2014 (Read 2400 times)
dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Dec 26th, 2013 at 11:45am
Print Post  
So, just out of curiosity, what are you looking forward to in 2014. For me, getting this move into my new place out of the way, as it's going to save me several hundred dollars in just fuel costs each month, as well as knock almost 30mins each way off my commute to work. Being closer to my brain damaged kids (I joke, I've very proud of both of them), and paying off two freaking loans (putting almost $700 a month back in my pocket).

On the gaming front, there are several products in the pipeline I know off, from Steve Jackson Games, Black Wyrm Games, FGU, and Monkey House Games that I'm looking forward to picking up. I'm also hoping to get my game back up and running next year, as I've had a lot of requests for it.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Tempest
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Re: 2014
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2013 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
DSumner, damn good topic to put us in a productive frame of mind.

For myself, a story I've been working on for a damn long time is in the last stages of first draft - following this, substantive editing will take place (yeah, certain sections went way overboard and need severe cutting).  Following this...well, there are other stories that need to be told...

My greatest hopes for a restart on the Empire City series...although, being grown-ups, I suppose we can man up and can always live without it (plead, whine, snivel, grovel).

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #2 - Dec 26th, 2013 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Tempest wrote on Dec 26th, 2013 at 1:58pm:
DSumner, damn good topic to put us in a productive frame of mind.

For myself, a story I've been working on for a damn long time is in the last stages of first draft - following this, substantive editing will take place (yeah, certain sections went way overboard and need severe cutting).  Following this...well, there are other stories that need to be told...

My greatest hopes for a restart on the Empire City series...although, being grown-ups, I suppose we can man up and can always live without it (plead, whine, snivel, grovel).

Once I get this move knocked out, I'll be able to put more time on the two other projects I'm working on, and then things should slow down to the point I can get the game up and running again.

Last time I restarted the game, I was just to heavily committed. I was working my full time gig, working a LOT of OT (50+ hours a month), I was still in the National Guard, and that was eating up 5-6 days a month, working a part time gig two days a week, trying to spend time with my kids, and in my spare time I'd sleep. Wink And lets not even mention, my roommate was having a lot of problems, and I was trying to help her out, while she got herself together.

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #3 - Dec 26th, 2013 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
El and I are toying with the idea of buying a house this year.  It just seems to overwhelming.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #4 - Dec 26th, 2013 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
Well I'm hoping and praying for some good news the beginning of the year and continued support of friends if it goes another way.

I strongly suggest buying over renting if that is the case. It seems daunting but if a Wal-mart wage slave can pull it off I'm sure you should do just fine John.

Dom your something else as always. Your plate full with work and family and still time to share your creativity with us. As always it's a pleasure have known and gamed with you.

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #5 - Dec 27th, 2013 at 12:09am
Print Post  
For me, finding a place to move to, and moving is top priority. After that, finding a new job, and then hopefully getting off my ass to work on some projects I've had sitting in the pipeline

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #6 - Dec 27th, 2013 at 4:48am
Print Post  
2013 was a very rough year for me, both personally and professionally, but I'm hoping things will settle down and even out in 2014. I'd like to be able to enjoy the fruits of my labours.

In terms of gaming, my goal is to complete 4 manuscripts in 2014. It's a challenge, but I'm anxious to make more headway and move from being just a published author to an established author.

RAMBLE

IP Logged

Captain Avenger
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #7 - Dec 29th, 2013 at 2:18am
Print Post  
'project' seems to be the major buzz word on this thread and I'm there too! There are a couple projects I have rolling around in my head I'd like to see started and maybe even finished by the end of next year which include running a V&V campaign and a Bushido campaign, too . A big goal for me would also include a major move, if my dream job comes to fruition (and that's a big if).  Undecided

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #8 - Dec 29th, 2013 at 2:39am
Print Post  
Ranger wrote on Dec 26th, 2013 at 11:46pm:
Well I'm hoping and praying for some good news the beginning of the year and continued support of friends if it goes another way.

I strongly suggest buying over renting if that is the case. It seems daunting but if a Wal-mart wage slave can pull it off I'm sure you should do just fine John.

Dom your something else as always. Your plate full with work and family and still time to share your creativity with us. As always it's a pleasure have known and gamed with you.

"Ranger" I wish you the best of luck, and hope for the best for you in 2014. 

John, go for buying a house, I've had two, and will probably buy another one next year, if everything works out the way it should. I've been renting since my divorce, and I'm paying out more in rent than my old house payment.

Ramble, and everyone else, good luck with the gaming projects. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

YIM  
IP Logged

SuperWannabe
Teen Titan

Reply #9 - Jan 2nd, 2014 at 5:11am
Print Post  
We're having our first session of V&V again for the new year this weekend.  Been hard finding time getting everyone together at the same time and for some reason people don't really want to play unless everyone's there.  I've explained I can be really flexible and tailor the game to work as solo adventures or anything up to our normal 5 person group... they just don't go it alone LOL. 

I'm now onto the final but one stage of my Law Enforcement job with the fitness test and psyche profile being sat on the same day in Feb.  Cool

IP Logged

Dr.Demented
Teen Titan

who knows what evil lurks
in heart of man

Reply #10 - Jan 2nd, 2014 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Wow glad to hear have fun and the best of luck with the physical and psych of the POP's test for law enforcement  Grin

YIM  
IP Logged

SuperWannabe
Teen Titan

Reply #11 - Jan 3rd, 2014 at 6:39am
Print Post  
Dr.Demented wrote on Jan 2nd, 2014 at 12:57pm:
Wow glad to hear have fun and the best of luck with the physical and psych of the POP's test for law enforcement  Grin

Thanks.  As my mates have said.  "You'll ace the physical..... urrrmmmm and just do your best on the psyche...."

The buggers!!!! Grin

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #12 - Jan 3rd, 2014 at 1:32pm
Print Post  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #13 - Jan 3rd, 2014 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Ranger wrote on Dec 26th, 2013 at 11:46pm:

Praying along with you. Smiley I am here if you need to talk.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #14 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
You're in my prayers as well, buddy.  Let me know if there's anything I can do, also!

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #15 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Thank you both (and Dom). We hope to have news in a two or three weeks  Cool
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2014 at 8:56pm by Ranger »  

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Dr.Demented