Normal Topic A Day and Night at The Museum (Read 1059 times)
THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

A Day and Night at The Museum
Feb 2nd, 2014 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Randall Scott decided he would supervise the transfer of his presumed to be Original Manuscript of The Book of Five Rings from the small Little Tokyo Museum to what would be it's new home at a University in Japan.

After he reviewed the security as well as the security guards themselves he allowed the transfer from Museum to the Armored car to the Plane that would in turn transfer the book to it's new home in Japan. The transfer went off without a hitch and Randall received final notification via Email from James Drucker while Scott sat and enjoyed his afternoon tea in Mushi's Tea House.

That evening Silent Fury returned to work. At the end of what was to be an uneventful night in what was formerly one of the highest crime sections in California, Silent Fury noticed something a bit "off".

The sky light at the same Museum which had previously housed the Manuscript of Miyamoto Musashi's lifes work was open. Silent Fury chose to investigate.

As he approached from the outside he saw a figure emerge from the roof top. The being appeared to be shrouded in a field of red energy and as it leaped from the roof top, red wings of energy sprouted from it's back. It noticed Silent Fury and swooped toward him. The creature did not seem to attack but as it flew by Silent Fury noted it held a small package underneath it's arm.

The Silent Fury made his move and the two began to steal the package back and forth from each other. During their struggle the incredible senses possessed by Silent Fury picked up something familiar. He has seen this body shape before, he had noticed her scent before if only twice. The creature who referred to herself as "Tengu" was in fact Hana Mushi, daughter of Mr. Mushi, owner of Randall Scott's favorite Tea House.

To be continued.........

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Re: A Day and Night at The Museum
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
  As the two struggled for ownership of the package The Silent Fury heard the sounds of two more pairs of footsteps approaching. In the spare moment he had he turned and saw two faces he recognized from video news footage. It was the Meta Hero Lance and the Meta Thief known as Mach. They were walking together and Lance had a grim and determined look on his face.

Lance looked at Tengu and said "Hello, Hana, time to come with us I think. " He grinned even wider and continued. "Surprised? Don't be, the money's better on this side of the fence and so are the fringe benefits."

Silent Fury decided there was too much going on and smashed in the doors to the Museum in hopes to setting off the alarms. If they went off they were silent it would seem. The four all moved into the Museum and Silent Fury, now in control of the package, headed deeper inside. He found a safe hiding spot inside a hand dryer in the Ladies room and placed the package there. As he returned to the main room he could hear the sounds of combat and a scream from Tengu. It sounded like "Father!!"

He arrived to see Tengu lying on her side in a corner and Lance standing with Energy practically pouring from his namesake, his Lance. The weapon was a six foot length of some type of greyish metal with unknown markings running through it. The Silent Fury had taken the two by surprise and before the Speedster Mach could react a blazing fury of attacks came from Our Hero. Mach took several incredibly well placed shots to his temples and went down in a heap.

Lance however was ready. The two traded blows in hand to hand combat and each took wounds. What Silent Fury lacked in Power he made up for in Skill. As Lance came in for a lunge Silent Fury side stepped and sent his Tonfa's again to the most debilitating area. Lance's Head.

He connected and Lance flew backwards and did not rise again. As Silent Fury turned he saw Tengu was beginning to rise. Silent Fury it seemed did not like elongated combat and before Tengu got herself settled he grabbed Lances weapon and swung a well placed strike to, you guessed it, Tengu's head. He could hear a crack and the blood began to run down her face.

As soon as Tengu went down Silent Fury gathered Lance and Mach together and tied them back to back. As he stepped out of the Museum he saw him coming.  Mr. Mushi was charging up the street dressed in knee length denim shorts, sandals and a white Gi top. He also had a large wooden Boken in each hand. With a look The Silent Fury could see Mr. Mushi was both quick and very, very angry.

« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2014 at 5:42pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
  Silent Fury stood at the smashed in double doors at the entrance to the museum. He waited for the attack he expected from Mushi. In one hand he held his Katana and in the other a rope that was tied to the two adversaries, Lance and Mach. As Mushi approached he leaped to the top of the stairs and flipped over the top of Silent Fury and landed to his rear inside the building. Silent Fury took hold of the rope and swung the two Villains at Mushi striking him in the back. As Silent Fury turned he saw Mushi kneeling over his daughter, Hana otherwise known as Tengu. Mushi hands worked furiously but Silent Fury could not see what the old man was doing. As Silent Fury began to walk towards Mushi he could hear an echo in his thoughts. "Do not strike at me Son of War for I am not Your Enemy" Silent Fury was confused and to some extent, well Furious.

He spoke back through his thoughts but not before settting up a mental shield blocking all intrusion into his mind. Such was the will of The Silent Fury. "What is going on here!!" He demanded. "Who are you and what was so important about the Book?"

Mushi thought back at him. "My name is Miyamoto Musashi, The Book was never stolen, it was mine from the beginning. I am over four hundred years old and the version you had was not to have been read yet. I have replaced it with a copy that is as valuable and authentic as it needs to be. Hana came for the Book, those two came here for Hana."

Seconds later the hairs on the back of Silent Fury's neck stood on end. He turned just in time to dodge the blow from Lance. It seems Lance was stunned and not completely out of the fight. This time it got serious. The two combatants pummeled and slashed at one another. The Silent Fury was becoming tired and what was keeping him on his feet was nothing more than sheer determination and Will. Lance sent a blast of concussive force into Silent Fury's mid section and in return Silent Fury reigned attack after attack into Lance's mid section. Finally a roundhouse from Lance with of course, his Lance caught The Silent Fury. For a moment he thought it was his Death. He felt that voice again in his head. It was Mr Mushi and he said. "Child of War, I have watched you for these many years since you first came to my Monastary though you knew it not. You have not yet reached your potential and even in your anger you hold yourself back. Dig deeper than you have and you will find more than you expected." With that The Silent Fury felt rejuvenated. He felt stronger, quicker, tougher than before. For a Man that should be dead he was still very much alive.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
  He was Alive yet he was still badly beaten. Silent Fury had never encountered damages from such attacks like Energy Blasts. It was more than he was used to. Never the less he did not back down. The two came together one final time and now Silent Fury was faster. He struck first but was now too exhausted to use his Deadly Combination Strikes. Each attack against Lance took more out of him and though he still wreaked havoc on Lances insides he eventually took a final strike himself. Though The Silent Fury did not truly succumb to Lances attack he used his more than Human ability to stop his Heart, stop his Breathing to nearly nothing and roll his eyes back in a semblance of Death. Lance checked him with a few kicks and an eye flick. Nothing. The Silent Fury was dead as far as anyone was concerned.

Mach's voice in the back round told Silent Fury he was also up. Actually he had been up for quite some time but thought since Lance was doing such a lovely job he would just stay in the back and wait to see if he needed help. Seems Mach is not a big one when it comes to doing the actual dirty work.

The frustrated Duo left the scene and The Silent Fury waited until even His enhanced hearing could no longer pick up their steps. He roused himself and climbed to the top of the Museum rooftop where he immediately passed out from exhaustion.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #4 - Feb 8th, 2014 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
  Randall Scott, The Silent Fury, woke on a cot in what he saw to be a basement. As he ascended the stairs he found himself to be in Mushi's Tea House. Since he now knew Mr. Mushi to be a Meta with the ability to project thoughts and possibly read minds he immediately set up a block to his mind by constantly repeating the Woody Wood Pecker Laughter Sound over and over in his head. Silent Fury had obviously suffered some type of hit to the noggin himself just to come up with this idea.

As He rounded the corner he found Mr. Mushi patiently awaiting Him at the Go Board Table and two cups of Tea. Randall Scott moved first. He then asked his questions and expected answers with each consecutive move.

Randall Scott received some.

Mr. Mushi as noted is indeed Miyamoto Musashi, a Meta over four hundred years old. The initial Book which contained his writings were his true story as he was just beginning to learn of his abilities but did not yet understand them. This information could not be made public and Mushi would not completely explain why other than "The people would not be ready for this and it would open the door to more questions which cannot yet be revealed. "

Mr. Mushi and Hana would be leaving Little Tokyo and he did not know if they would return or not.

Mach and Lance appear to be for hire and working for someone who has interest in either Hana, Mushi or Both of them as it appears they were looking for Her and had no interest or clue about the book.

IP Logged

>