Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Who lived at Crusader Citadel? (Read 2897 times)
Baretta
Avenger

Former V&V Player

Who lived at Crusader Citadel?
Mar 3rd, 2014 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Okay, Crusader Citadel has four quarters on the map in the Crisis adventure, but there are six members of the team. So ... which of the four heroes lived there?

Here's some info, which may or may not be relevant.

Evergreen's Combat Tactics note that she will go to "her own room on the Citadel's fourth level, where she can obtain plants to control."

Enforcer .... used to be a secret agent. But no longer.

Dreamweaver's real identity is known only by college student Lynda Turner (presumably the best friend she saved in her origin). This suggests the other Crusaders don't know who Dreamweaver is out of costume.

Manta-Man keeps a spare costume hidden at Manning Enterprises. That's not to say he still doesn't live at the Citadel.

Blizzard is the newest member of the team.

Laserfire is 17. He was in high school when he got is powers. It's unclear if he is still in high school.

Based on the above, I say that Evergreen is unquestionably a permanent tenant at the Citadel and that Dreamweaver is most likely not.

Manta-Man seems like he should have his own place IMV. That would mean that Enforcer, Blizzard, and Laserfire are probably the other regular occupants. I'd like to hear other conjecture.
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2014 at 6:17pm by Baretta »  

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Re: Who lived at Crusader Citadel?
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2014 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
If you add information from the four issue mini series Jeff and Jack created from Eclipse comics you'll have more info to quess-timate with Wink

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Baretta
Avenger

Former V&V Player

Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2014 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Ranger wrote on Mar 3rd, 2014 at 9:04pm:
If you add information from the four issue mini series Jeff and Jack created from Eclipse comics you'll have more info to quess-timate with

I don't have them. Please post any details you have.
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2014 at 9:10pm by Baretta »  

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2014 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
If you have CDisplay to read them, you can download them from torrent.  Otherwise, you can probably pick them up cheap from eBay, Amazon, etc.

In this thread:
http://www.villainsandvigilantesforum.com/public_html/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=...

...you mention that you'll have to go back and take a look at them some time.  Are you sure you don't have them?

Enforcer stays at an apartment (Issue #1, pages 12-14) or hotel.

It would seem likely that Laserfire stays with his parents, HOWEVER, given the seemingly public nature of his identity (issue 1, pages 19-20) it's a good possibility that he's also a resident of Crusader Citadel.

Dreamweaver has been "...spending time away from the Crusaders..." (issue 3, Vigil Bulletin).
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2014 at 9:42pm by Display Name »  

IP Logged

Baretta
Avenger

Former V&V Player

Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2014 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Mar 3rd, 2014 at 9:26pm:
Are you sure you don't have them?

I've read them in the past, but do not own copies. At any rate, please post info you might have about who lived at the Citadel and who did not.
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2014 at 9:31pm by Baretta »  

IP Logged

Baretta
Avenger

Former V&V Player

Reply #5 - Mar 3rd, 2014 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Mar 3rd, 2014 at 9:26pm:
Enforcer stays at an apartment (Issue #1, pages 12-14) or hotel.  It would seem likely that Laserfire stays with his parents, HOWEVER, given the seemingly public nature of his identity (issue 1, pages 19-20) it's a good possibility that he's also a resident of Crusader Citadel.

Cool. I would not have suspected this.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #6 - Mar 4th, 2014 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
You should consider picking them up, Baretta.  I'd recommend them to anyone (as I really love them), but especially someone using the Crusader Citadel and many of the characters (as you are).  You could probably buy them for less than a buck each online.

Isn't there a scene with Evergreen in a room near the roof filled with plants?  Or am I mixing her up with Storm?

IP Logged

Baretta
Avenger

Former V&V Player

Reply #7 - Mar 4th, 2014 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
I remember that scene.

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #8 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
*And* Evergreen is topless!  Yay!

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #9 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
I'm sure there were the obligatory vines just covering up enough to keep the Comics Code people happy, though!  Smiley

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #10 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Her back was turned...  Sad

IP Logged

SuperWannabe
Teen Titan

Reply #11 - Mar 8th, 2014 at 4:32am
Print Post  
I enjoyed them.  I used one of them to stop someone who was complaining about the "lack of versatility" of the force field power.... Oh.... Really???  One of the most versatile powers???  I showed how Enforcer used it as a ramp, a force field AND a parachute....
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2014 at 4:34am by SuperWannabe »  

IP Logged

Tempest
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #12 - Mar 10th, 2014 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
This may sound totally lame, but it's discussions like this that convince me that this is the superhero RPG that has real life appended to it - seriously, how many other games, fantasy, superhero, science fiction or otherwise could inspire this kind of speculative debate?

I'm in Sarasota at the moment, visiting my mother and step-father at their Snowbird hideaway, but I brought V&V with me (my brother and his family are with me - don't ask any more questions Smiley), and I'm going to be looking over Crisis when I'm lying on the couch and try to figure out exactly who resides where.

I had the V&V comic series, lo those many years ago - my eternal damnations at the thing having up and disappeared.  I am, in fact, going to have to go down to the local big-wig comic shop and see if they've got any copies floating around in the alphabetically-indexed files...

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #13 - Mar 11th, 2014 at 12:19am
Print Post  
If not, just download them from torrent until you can buy them.

I was near Sarasota for the past few months!  Too bad...  We could have played!  I'm back in Georgia, though...
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2014 at 12:23am by Display Name »  

IP Logged

>