Normal Topic The Danger Corps (Read 1377 times)
Dr. Dave
Apprentice

Danger Unlimited

The Danger Corps
Mar 19th, 2014 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
It's been a while since I've posted here.  Been hard at work on a variety of projects, not the least of which is a new website which will feature original superhero fiction.

Anyway, I've gotten a lot done regarding my homebrew campaign, and I thought I would share the details on what is, in my universe, the iconic super-team: The Danger Corps.

According to Doc Tempest, leader of the Danger Corps, he and his family received their incredible superhuman abilities as the result of exposure to radiation from a strange meteor that crashed in Central America.  This meteor was part of an unprecedented shower in which thousands of meteors exploded in the atmosphere around the world.  This event, simply referred to as the "Cosmic Rain Event," was the apparent source for all later superhuman manifestations.

The Danger Corps operated from 1957 until the invasion by the alien Xyneth in 1987, during the culmination of which event an alien virus was released that robbed all metahumans of their powers.

Prior to the release of this virus, however, the Danger Corps and their lifelong nemesis Umbra sealed themselves within DC's Danger Mountain headquarters, and have not been seen since.

The statistics for the Danger Corps represent them at the pinnacle of their development (i.e., level 20).

Describe the universe.  Give three examples.

IP Logged

Dr. Dave
Apprentice

Danger Unlimited

Re: The Danger Corps
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Doc Tempest
Identity: Richard Charles Tempest, PhD.
Side: Danger Corps            Sex: Male            Height: 7'6”            Weight: 310 lb.
Level: 20                                    Experience:
Powers/Abilities/Equipment:
Heightened Intelligence B x 2: +60
Armor: Type A (technological).  ADR 150.  The armor grants a +10 bonus to strength, provides flight at a maximum speed of 150 mph, and includes Force Field and Lightning Control devices built in.  The armor is completely self-inclosed, able to resist the vacuum of space and underwater depths of up to 500 meters for up to 6 hours.
     Force Field: Doc Tempest can only project a force field in his immediate vicinity, centered on himself, to a maximum range of a 5” radius.  PR = Ό damage repelled, to a maximum damage nullification value equal to half his current Power score.
     Lightning Control: Doc Tempest can project electrical attacks to a range of 25” for a base 2d10 damage, PR = 4 per attack.  He can also interface with any technological device, spending 1 PR per minute to do so.
Reduced Strength: Doc Tempest's maximum attainable Strength score is 7.
Physical Handicap: Due to his reduced strength and the enormous size of his cranium (which constitutes about two-thirds his total mass), Doc Tempest is severely limited in his motor functions without his armor.

Basic Hits: 6                              Strength: 4/14
Endurance: 20                              Intelligence: 75
Agility: 14                                    Charisma: 56
Hit Mod: (0.6)(2.2)(3.2)(1.3) = 5.4912      Hit Points: (33)
Damage Mod: +12                        Healing: 2.4
Accuracy: +6                              Power: (113)
Movement: 38”/3” ground, 660”/66” flying
Carrying Capacity: 735 lb.                  Basic HTH: 1d8
Det. Hidden: (52)%                        Det. Danger: (56)%
Inventing: (225)%                        Inventing Points: 50.0
Languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Arabic, Mandarin, Tamil
Knowledge Areas: Physics, Cosmology, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Robotics

Doc Tempest is the leader of the Danger Corps.  An incredibly intelligent man (widely considered The Smartest Man on Earth), he was also often considered ruthless and coldly logical.

Over the years since manifesting his superhuman intelligence, Doc Tempest underwent a gross physical mutation in which his cranium grew to monstrous proportions.  At the same time, the rest of his body began to atrophy, necessitating the use of his armor as a full-time life support device.  By the mid-1970s, Doc Tempest was practically helpless when not clad in his armor.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2014 at 5:44pm by Dr. Dave »  

IP Logged

Dr. Dave
Apprentice

Danger Unlimited

Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Big Barb
Identity: Barbara Jean Tempest
Side: Danger Corps            Sex: Female            Height: 6'6”            Weight: 280 lb.
Heightened Strength B: +30
Invulnerability: Barb ignores 20 points of damage per turn.  She cannot resist acidic/corrosive damage.
Heightened Expertise: +4 attack bonus in HTH combat, with or without weapons (includes improvised weapons).

Basic Hits: 6                                    Strength: 55
Endurance: 18                                    Intelligence: 12
Agility: 20                                    Charisma: 48
Hit Mod: (4)(2.2)(1.1)(1.9) = 18.392                  Hit Points: (110)
Damage Mod: +5 (+10)                        Healing: 3.0
Accuracy: +5 (+10)                              Power: (105)
Movement: 93”/9” ground
Carrying Capacity: 23,545 lb.                  Basic HTH: 3d10
Det. Hidden: (10)%                              Det, Danger: (14)%
Inventing: (36)%                              Inventing Points: 15.0
Languages: English, Spanish
Knowledge Areas: Marketing, Business, Civil Activism

Big Barb is Doc Tempest's wife and the mother of Kinetic and Thermal Woman.  At the time of her manifestation, Barb was a doughty, overweight woman, suffering from thyroid issues following her two pregnancies.  Morbidly obese, upon her transformation to Big Barb she gained a foot in height and her body mass was transformed into sleek, powerful muscle.  She also became incredibly beautiful, much to her chagrin.

Only a couple of years after the Danger Corps revealed themselves to the public, Barbara Tempest was approached by representatives of the Mattel toy corporation, who wished to use her likeness for a new doll they were planning to market.  The first "Barbie Doll" hit the market in 1959, just in time for Christmas.

During the sixties, aside from her role as the powerhouse of the Danger Corps, Barb involved herself in civil activism.  She was a staunch supporter of giving the right to vote to everyone, and earned the respect and admiration of most other activists at the time.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2014 at 5:45pm by Dr. Dave »  

IP Logged

Dr. Dave
Apprentice

Danger Unlimited

Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Kinetic (the Kinetic Kid)
Identity: Peter Michael Tempest
Side: Danger Corps            Sex: Male            Height: 5'10”            Weight: 180 lb.
Heightened Endurance A: +15
Telekinesis: Kinetic's maximum TK capacity is equal to (S x Level x 100)/28,000 lb.  His telekinetic range is (A x Level)/400”, and telekinetic velocity of objects moved is (E x Level)/660”.  PR = 1 per object controlled, per turn, or per attack (base damage 3d10).  As a defense, Kinetic takes one action to set up a telekinetic field.  PR = 1 per attack defended.
     Kinetic's control over his powers is very precise.  He is able to manipulate matter as small as a dust mote, enabling him to conduct extremely fine operations at range (such as picking a lock, manipulating a single grain of salt, etc.).
Heightened Senses: Kinetic is able to send out waves of intangible telekinetic energy in order to “see” when he otherwise could not.  This works as a sort of radar, with a radius of (E x Level)/660”.  It takes an action to use this ability; when he does so, Kinetic's Detect Hidden score is multiplied by 5.

Basic Hits: 4                                    Strength: 14
Endurance: 33                                    Intelligence: 14
Agility: 20                                    Charisma: 36
Hit Mod: (1.2)(4.2)(1.1)(1.9) = 10.5336            Hit Points: (42)
Damage Mod: +8                              Healing: 4.0
Accuracy: +8                                    Power: (71)
Movement: 57”/5” ground movement
Carrying Capacity: 544 lb.                        Basic HTH: 1d8
Det. Hidden: (10/50)%                        Det, Danger: (14)%
Inventing: (42)%                              Inventing Points: 5.0
Languages: English, Japanese
Knowledge Areas: Art, History, Mechanical Engineering

IP Logged

Dr. Dave
Apprentice

Danger Unlimited

Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Thermal Woman (Thermal Girl)
Identity: Penelope Anne “Penny” Tempest
Side: Danger Corps            Sex: Female            Height: 5'6”            Weight: 138 lb.
Heightened Agility A: +15
Ice Powers: Range of this ability is (S+E)/5”, does base 2d8 damage, PR = 4 per attack.  Every point of damage inflicted creates, at Thermal Woman's discretion, roughly one cubic foot/50 lb. of ice that clings to the target.  She is also able to create masses of ice at will, spending movement (one inch = 50 lb of ice created) only.  Lastly, she can encase herself in ice, spending movement to create ice armor (ADR = 1 per inch of movement spent), though she rarely does this.
Flame Powers: Range of this ability is (S+E)” and causes base 2d8 damage, PR = 3 per attack.  Thermal Woman can also use this power as propulsion, enabling her to fly at (Movement) mph, PR = 1 per hour of flight.
Speed Bonus: +100 mph flight speed.
Invulnerability: Thermal Woman's body is a living repository of thermal energy.  Due to this, she can ignore 20 points of damage caused to her per turn.

Basic Hits: 3                                    Strength: 13
Endurance: 18                                    Intelligence: 15
Agility: 30                                    Charisma: 34
Hit Mod: (1.2)(2.2)(1.2)(3.1) = 9.8208            Hit Points: (29)
Damage Mod: +10                              Healing: 1.5
Accuracy: +8                                    Power: (76)
Movement: 61”/6” ground, 708”/70” (161 mph) flying
Carrying Capacity: 276 lb.                        Basic HTH: 1d6
Det. Hidden: (12)%                              Det, Danger: (16)%
Inventing: (45)%                              Inventing Points: 15
Languages: English, Spanish
Knowledge Areas: Fashion Design

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #5 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Nice, very nice. My favorite is Doc Tempest, as I just like the name and power set, and just seems like the type of charater I'd like to play. Any chance you got some artwork to go along with the write-ups?

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Dr. Dave
Apprentice

Danger Unlimited

Reply #6 - Mar 20th, 2014 at 12:45am
Print Post  
No artwork as of yet.  I've been working on some basic ideas, but I want to distance Doc Tempest's look from that of John Byrne's Doc Danger (the pic I use for my AV).  So far, I haven't been happy with what I've come up with.

When I do get something done, I'll post it.

IP Logged

>