Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Empire Two-in-One: Skyhawk and the Captain (pvt) (Read 3972 times)
Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Empire Two-in-One: Skyhawk and the Captain (pvt)
Jun 15th, 2014 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Opening Scene: Joe's Burgers.

The late afternoon's mid summer sun beats waves of heat atop the restaurant's outdoor patio canopy. The lightly dressed upscale customer's are enjoying the oceanside breeze and cool air-conditioned fans overhead as they talk about their daily lives. The heavy wood plank floors thump rhythmically as a tall blonde haired man dressed in a light grey tee shirt with the Air Force logo and blue jeans steps out on to the restaurant patio and strides confident to the far end of the row of outdoor diners.

Reaching the end of the balcony, the tall blonde man clasp hands with trim college student already sitting at the table, nodding at the oversized gym bag sitting beside the chair. The other man's firm grip matched his linebacker body and easy his easy smile brought a grin to the newcomers face. "Good to see you again Nick" ... "How is Karen doing? Hope I haven't torn you away from some quality private time but I thought you might have decided on that extra training we talked about?"

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Re: Empire Two-in-One: Skyhawk and the Captain (pvt)
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2014 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Brushing his shoulder-length hair back away from his face, Nick replies. "No, she has a research project that has been eating up quite a bit of her time. Besides, you know I always have time for a friend." Recognizing that his friend is looking in even better health since the last time he saw him, Nick has to ask, "How are things with you?" Nick can hardly suppress a laugh as he says, "Are you staying on the good side of your future father-in-law?!'
  "All joking aside, I am really interested in the extra training you mentioned." As his blond haired companion sits down, Nick slides a menu over to him and replies, "So, what are you having?"

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Jason makes small talk and waits until the waitress leaves with their orders. Leaning back in the heavy oaken chair with a melancholy sigh he takes a sip of the locally brewed longneck beer. "Wooh wooh big guy, I don't think we're even close to the father-in-law stage yet. I can tell you one thing though ... it sure is easier hiding you're secret identity when you don't have any powers. I'm a blessed man though. The Air Force has me on active reserve and I still get to act as a consultant with the BSI."

"The doctor's can't seem to say exactly what happened or even of it's over with, but for now I'm stable and healthy and I'm still not a half bad fighter pilot it seems so I call that a win for today." The smell of grilled beef emanates from a nearby table as the waiter brings a couple their meal. "I can't wait sink my teeth into that Santa Fe burger. I hear the blue cheese and breaded onions are to die for."

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
"I'm just glad that you are doing well. Though if it was me, I would feel strange without my powers, maybe it is because I have had them for longer. I have heard good things about the burgers too, but I am partial to the grilled chicken and sweet potato fries."
"I haven't heard from Mac lately, do you know what he is up to?"

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
"No ... I haven't heard a peep from anyone since Jonesville. No one in BSI will say anything about the Guardians still, and only the occasional rumor from any of the Protectors. Until this energy chrysalis stage runs it's course through my body you're it amigo."

Jason nods thanks as the waitress brings them another set of drinks, letting them know their food was almost ready, he waits until she is gone to continue.

"Don't get me wrong. I miss my powers, especially the ability to fly.  With Stone Mountain upgrades in place there has been less break outs than in the past, but the world still needs it's heroes. I've just accepted I didn't choose to get my powers and I don't get to choose if, how, or in what form they might return ... Until then I joined the Air Force to serve this country and I plan on continuing to do so ...

Today that means adapting some basic air combat maneuvers to current your flight abilities ... and if the STOP teams can get better at catching the bad guys at the same time. I call that a win-win situation ... Ah good, here comes that burger."

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #5 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Great stuff, guys!

And that burger sure came quick; this place has amazing service!  Wink

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #6 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Waiting until the waitress has left their table before replying to his friend. Nick leans in closer and drops the volume of his voice.
"With everyone from our team going silent, I realize that a lot of the city's protection falls on me, that is why I have agreed to work with the STOP teams. I figured that any training that I can get would help me out, plus, if/when your powers return, we will have common ground to start from in working on our tactics. Also, Jack has been instructing me on some things as well."
Leaning back in his chair as a smile came to his face, Nick tells his friend. "Let's dig in, this food really smells great."

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #7 - Jul 25th, 2014 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Jason digs into his burger and beer, enjoying the casual "professional" dinner with his old teammate. He regretted losing track of the other Protectors after Jonestown and vowed to spend some time trying to hunt the others down when the opportunity arose. Today was a good day though.

"Whether my powers return not, one thing is sure. Your abilities are much different than the ones I had as Rampart. He was a heavy hammer, fast, hard hitter but he had no range. Skyhawk on the other hand has all the makings of a classic fighter combatant. Good speed maneuverability and range firepower. Rampart was almost like a troop transport you, you're the real thing in the air."

"I think we will start off by testing the current combat maneuvers that you use now and see how we can improve upon them. After that we will start with what I'm calling Personal Aerial Combat MANuvers."

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #8 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
"Sound good. I know there will be a lot of work involved, But I enjoy the flying so much, it won't seem like it."

Nick grabs a handful of fries and continues eating.

"By the way, are you going to fly as my wing-man, or are we on opposite sides during these exercises?"

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #9 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
Jason wipes the last of the juicy black angus and bleu cheese burger from his chin and takes another sip of the Empire microbrew. "I'm not checked out on the STOP team's power suits and doubt I could keep up with even if I was. Nope this is all about you and Achilles avoiding capture by superior numbers . . . We'll spend a few days running through a series of PAC MAN exercises and I'll be in the training facility's Combat Information Center with the training supervisors, but come game time it'll all be on you two how long the challenge last. Don't take it easy on these guys. They're training to take on villains as or more powerful than either of us. Underestimating them would be a mistake."

"Anyway I already got three to one odds you last at least  ten minutes. Make it at least twelve and we can take the girls out to Elmo's and that concert at the university next week."

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #10 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Following a quick sip of his drink, Nick replies " Elmo's and the concert, looks like I will have to pull out all the stops. Karen has been talking about the concert, and it would score major points with her if we were able to get tickets for it. I am sorry you won't be flying, but I will try not to let you down. I think I have a few tricks up my sleeve to keep the STOP team off balance, but any information you can/are allowed to give me about there tactics and/or capabilities would be appreciated."
  "I know it's off topic, but what do you think about The Knights team this year? Do you think they will bounce back from last year?"

IP Logged

>