Poll
Poll Question: Which attributes would you add to V&V?
bars   pie

Comeliness    
  0 (0.0%)
Intuition    
  2 (14.3%)
Luck    
  1 (7.1%)
Will    
  10 (71.4%)
Wisdom    
  0 (0.0%)
Other (specify)    
  0 (0.0%)
None -- I'd stay with the existing five    
  1 (7.1%)

Total votes: 14
« Created by: Baretta on: Feb 1st, 2015 at 1:59am »
Normal Topic Which attributes would you add to V&V? (Read 1235 times)
Baretta
Avenger

Former V&V Player

Which attributes would you add to V&V?
Feb 1st, 2015 at 1:59am
Print Post  
You can vote for more than one option.

IP Logged

Klystron
Ex Member

Re: Which attributes would you add to V&V?
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2015 at 10:48am
Print Post  
The following opinions do not necessarily represent those of the management or other reasonable humans:

As a GM, I can see possibilities for Intuition as a plausible reason for the players to pursue the plot I have created. As a player, I can easily see how this could become a crutch for real game play. It would have to be carefully controlled but would mimic the flashes of insight and non-cognitive thinking humans use to navigate their day-to-day world.

Luck, I think would be better served as a power such as Scarlet Witch influencing probability fields.

Comeliness is a sub-function of Charisma, IMHO. While Charisma covers much more than physical appearance, the "Halo" effect ties things like physical appearance and trust-worthiness together so it might be better served as part of that story.

Will sounds like Willpower and Wisdom is best learned through experience, unless you are creating an advanced level character, in which case it would still be part of experience, just not role-played. For example, even if a player with a new character meets a recurring villain with whom another character they have played has a long experience, I would not allow the new character to know the weaknesses and strategies the older character would know.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2015 at 11:40am
Print Post  
I have added THREE attributes so far.  There are also some very specific attributes that will only come up in certain circumstances.

So I have added will.  I use the hit mods for INTELLEGENCE.  And I use the accuracy and dam mods of agility. It also adds to power. 

I added Humanity.  This is how good a character is.   It adds nothing to the hits and power.  The players role vs H every time they are in a moral conflict.  If they roll UNDER their H score they HAVE to do the "good" thing. If they do, they get the difference in the roll from their H state x 10 in experience.  So really good characters get extra experience points,  BUT they have to endanger themselves, or do the harder thing.
If they choose to NOT do the right thing if they roll under their Humanity, they burn a point.   So they are slowly succumbing to the evil that is within us all.

If they ever go to 0 humanity,  I take their character and they become a villain.   Worse than a character dying.

Also, humanity is the stat I use for rolling for Karma, a house rule that permits the character to burn experience points for luck.

and last I use a Wealth state.   Lets face it, money is a serious factor, and a rich character has many advantages over a poor one.  So rather than play accountant,   I have them roll their Wealth out like every other attribute.  You want to be strong or rich?   Smart or rich.    Let the players decide.

If you are an inventor or a wizard, I will have you roll out a stat for your Lab.   This will help me out when you try to invent something.   See my thread on Labs and Libraries and Inventing to see how this works out.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2015 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
We use Will quite a bit since it was used in place of certain characteristics for some powers. Has not had a great impact on Hits and Power and the biggest change has been to hit and damage which seems to work.

Humanity has worked well also. Dick Dante has a high humanity so I am a bit biased but besides giving a few extra xps on some adventures it has more of an effect on his weakness too. The other thing about Humanity is it gives a good reference point for the PC's in how you may play the personality. Since it is more assigned than rolled you still retain individuality and are not forced to play a PC any way you don't want to.

Library, once again selfishly love that one.

AS a Player I like wealth, as a once in a blue moon GM I stick with real $$$ but I am slowly combining it to have wealth represent a dollar figure in The Ravenswood

IP Logged

>