Normal Topic An Appology (Read 1409 times)
Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

An Appology
Mar 16th, 2015 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
Hello guys I'm sorry to add this but here seems the best place to word this and Dsummer you may remove it if you deem it inappropriate here.

It has recently been brought to my attention that some here may have been offended by the forwardness and perhaps flamboyance of my posts and gaming style.  I have been playing for many years now and the claims made have deeply disturbed my conscience.  I do not game to 'get my way' and I do not wish to seem like a bully or intimidate other players to get my way.  That is just a no-no in my book.

I have been told that I have scared players and am considered self-centered and a bully... that I have even inspired two woman players to stop playing a game because of my actions!

I know none of you know me personally... so you have no idea.. how such claims sting my personal sense of honor and just plain human decency!  I HATE bullies and I try to treat every woman I have any dealings with like a queen and above reproach as ANY decent gentleman Should behave!  So to say the least.. I take such claim VERY SERIOUSLY!

I have always tried to be a fair and decent polite player and to have such deeds ascribed to me is shocking to say the least.. and really make me reexamine all I have been doing in my gaming with a very critical eye!

I have been told by a DEAR decades-long friend of mine that...

"You are a very expressive and flamboyant role player. Your posts are very long and descriptive. This is off-putting to a lot of gamers as most gamers, a generalization, I know, lack a strong sense of confidence. Being in a room, whether real or virtual, with a confident person intimidates them. I'll have to admit that in the past, your pushing for this power or that or insisting on a plot point, has frustrated me, but not to the point of being such an issue that I wanted to tirade on you. As I have said, you are dynamic and flamboyant. When people feel intimidated, they seek out others who feel the same so they can feel better."

I can see where my friend's well-received constructive criticism comes from and I admit to a major flair fo rthe dramatic.. perhaps too much sometimes.  I'm a comic book Geek.. can't deny it.

All that aside.. I'm not revealing any names of those involved it doesn't matter.  What matters is I believe I have either real or imagined given offense to people I game with and as such I'm not caring who is wrong or who is right.. I'm apologizing!

In the end this is ONLY a game and life is too short to be holding grudges and resentment over disagreements about a fantasy world made up to amuse the mind.

So if I have insulted, or bullied or frightened ANYONE of you players.. please accept my deepest and most sincere apology!!  It was never my intent to behave that way and never my goal to spoil ANYONE'S fun just for my sake! 

I shall try to be more considerate of others at the virtual gaming table in the future and if I overstep the 'unspoken' bounds of politeness or gaming decorum.. PLEASE..box my ears over it! I have VERY thick skin and can take criticism!  I can't STOP doing something offensive if I don't know someone is taking offense over it!

We should all be friends here playing in a game that simulates the genre of fantasy we all love and dream of!

LET'S BE HEROES!

Your friend and fellow gamer {if flawed, imperfect and sometimes denser than THOR's Hammer!}

Roger

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Dr.Demented
Teen Titan

who knows what evil lurks
in heart of man

Re: An Appology
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2015 at 6:23am
Print Post  
I for one do not have a a gripe or anything but agree with you that it is for the enjoyment of all and say i do like your sentamanet on this subject and wish you the best  Grin

Jose

YIM  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Agreed, we can all be dense at times... I enjoy reading your fiction, it's pretty obvious this is a character you've put a lot into, both in time, and creative effort. 

There is a dichotomy between the young man, just learning his powers, and the experience he exhibits when using said powers. Definitely adept at both the magnetic and electrical components.

I think you've explained things well, and we can all move on.  Not trying to minimize things, but I have teenage daughters, I get my dose of drama at home.  Here is where I get away from that.  Grin

I don't have a problem with anyone, and I don't think it matters if Mr. Fantastic has adamantium claws if everyone's having fun, that's what's important.

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Hi Thunderbolt,

I've never been offended by your posts, although sometimes I pass into TL;DR land with some of them, but that's my issue, not yours!

IP Logged

>