Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Phoenix Comicon 2015 (Read 10817 times)
Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Phoenix Comicon 2015
May 29th, 2015 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Here's Darren Tenor after a hard night of plotting to kill the players at our upcoming gaming session at the con!
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2015 at 6:06pm by Display Name »  

IMG_1715b.jpg ( 231 KB | 11 Downloads )
IMG_1715b.jpg

IP Logged

Phrennzy
Avenger

I'm very pretty!

Re: Phoenix Comicon 2015
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2015 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Props for the Force shirt.  LOL

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #2 - May 29th, 2015 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Yep, awesome FORCE shirt!  Cool

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #3 - May 29th, 2015 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Highly successful first day at the con!  People came and played even though we didn't advertise prior to setting up the table!  We just came in, sat down, and people came by and played!  One of the guys was highly impressed with the simplicity compared to Champions!  Yay!  Everyone expressed an interest in coming back tomorrow to continue!  Scott passed out free rule books and adventures when it was over!  Darren brought out the Zodiac and we took (some) of then down.  Gotta go!

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #4 - May 30th, 2015 at 12:53am
Print Post  
A few heroes of the V&V universe: Red Shadow (Darren Tenor), Mentat (Scott Bizar), and Whitemane, the Alabaster Knight (James Bishop.)

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #5 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 12:04am
Print Post  
We had an excellent convention. The team ran the game each day and had a blast. I wish some others had also been able to attend. It was also nice and at the same time felt crappy because the table was full all the time, but we had to turn people away Sad

Incidentally, I ran the booth with Scott and didn't get to play or run, but that's the way it goes - I got some sketching done and helped educate the unwashed (all the people who had never heard of V&V) Tongue

I think it was just awesome to see the people sit down and play a pick up game for three days! (The group was primarily the same returning folks, but there were a few people who only had one day passes, but happily threw in...)

Either way, we gave out a lot of prizes and made some new friends. We recruited new players and gave two of the maps away! We'll definitely do it again next year.
AK  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:49pm by AlabasterKnight »  

Start_Game_2_-_Bar_Room_Blitz.jpg ( 266 KB | 8 Downloads )
Start_Game_2_-_Bar_Room_Blitz.jpg

If it's not fun, we're not doing it right.

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #6 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 12:08am
Print Post  
and

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #7 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 12:09am
Print Post  
and

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #8 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 12:14am
Print Post  
Ramble will likely post a battle report... stay tuned.

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #9 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 6:02pm
Print Post  

She was SO TOTALLY COOL I was blown away!

https://www.facebook.com/ivydoomkittyivy
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2015 at 10:20pm by Display Name »  

20150530_183411b.jpg ( 149 KB | 10 Downloads )
20150530_183411b.jpg

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #10 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
Women to the left of me
And women to the right.

You would be stunned at the number of women who WANTED to take a picture with Darren!
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2015 at 10:24pm by Display Name »  

IMG_1738b.jpg ( 189 KB | 10 Downloads )
IMG_1738b.jpg

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #11 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
So lock up your daughter
Lock up your wife
Lock up your back door
And run for your life
The man is back in town!

IMG_1775b.jpg ( 152 KB | 9 Downloads )
IMG_1775b.jpg

IP Logged

Time Traveller
Sidekick

V&V - Min/Max Your Mind!

Reply #12 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
My son and I are two of the players in the grand 3 part adventure that Darren ran.  I really appreciate all of his efforts, creativity and most of all - his patience!  I thought the adventure itself was well designed - particularly in the context of con play.  My son was blown away by the map - thanks for that!  I certainly appreciated the prizes.

I was extremely pleased to see that the game that I ordered from FGU when I was a kid, 33 years ago from an ad in Dragon 67, is still that magical combination of fun and creativity with some reasonable rules.  And that the torch of truth is being held high by true believers.  The fact that my son started to personally feel a little of that V&V aura is priceless to me.

Thank you, Darren, James, Mike, and Scott!  Made the convention one of my best ever!

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #13 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
These guys were walking away after a crowd had taken pictures and were removing their helmets.  The guy with the skull wrap on his helmet noticed me and called the others back.  These guys were beyond cool!
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2015 at 10:33pm by Display Name »  

IMG_1864b.jpg ( 281 KB | 9 Downloads )
IMG_1864b.jpg

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #14 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
Time Traveller wrote on Jun 1st, 2015 at 10:30pm:
The fact that my son started to personally feel a little of that V&V aura is priceless to me.

Thank you, Darren, James, Mike, and Scott!  Made the convention one of my best ever!

Yay!  Thank you!  Welcome to the forum!

IP Logged

Time Traveller
Sidekick

V&V - Min/Max Your Mind!

Reply #15 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Whoops, didn't mean to post in the middle of the photo roundup!  I will see if any of my pictures of the game were worth posting here.

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #16 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 10:41pm
Print Post  

You sir are welcome. It was a genuine pleasure. I live in Phoenix, we'll get together.  Smiley

IP Logged

Time Traveller
Sidekick

V&V - Min/Max Your Mind!

Reply #17 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
[/quote]
You sir are welcome. It was a genuine pleasure. I live in Phoenix, we'll get together.  Smiley [/quote]

I look forward to it!

IP Logged

Ironnerd
Justice Leaguer

Crunchy on the outside,
chewy on the inside.

Reply #18 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Well done guys!

Looks like everyone had a good time! And REPEAT players is an excellent sign!

Thanks to you all for promoting our favorite system!

John "Ironnerd" Adams
"The GM is the balancing mechanic" - Klystron

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #19 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 2:26am
Print Post  
My son and I are two of the players in the grand 3 part adventure that Darren ran.  I really appreciate all of his efforts, creativity and most of all - his patience!  I thought the adventure itself was well designed - particularly in the context of con play.  My son was blown away by the map - thanks for that!  I certainly appreciated the prizes.

I was extremely pleased to see that the game that I ordered from FGU when I was a kid, 33 years ago from an ad in Dragon 67, is still that magical combination of fun and creativity with some reasonable rules.  And that the torch of truth is being held high by true believers.  The fact that my son started to personally feel a little of that V&V aura is priceless to me.

You are totally welcome, sir!
I enjoyed playing with you and little "T", and I'm glad you managed to score the last map. You can thank the Alabaster Knight for that one. Wink

I also appreciate what you told your son on the second day: "This isn't the kind of game where you min/max your character. This is a game where you need to min/max your mind!" It was cool you hear you say that.

RAMBLE (Darren Tenor)

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #20 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 4:12am
Print Post  
PHOENIX CON - Adventure 1 - Natural Selection
Our heroes live in the City of Strand, where the main hero team, AEGIS, has been missing for over two months. As the villains begin to move about more boldly, a new set of heroes (Aurora, Ice Storm, Jinn, Morph, Razorwing, Sphinx, and Volt) appear to fill in the gap. After a series of muggers, and defeating a local street gang, the heroes have come to the attention of the police commissioner, who asks for their email addresses so that he can contact them in case of an emergency. Tonight, he calls the team.

A group of eight masked men entered the museum of natural history, firing energy pistols at all the guards they could find. Long minutes later, our heroes arrive to eventually discover that the masked men have wounded three guards inside and they've gotten away with a small orb hidden with one of the clay jugs.

Our heroes discover two clues ( a scribbled note and a mini  hologram projector) that point to the fact that a device is also wanted from a Customs Warehouse. As they begin poking around the customs warehouse, a portal appears and releases Aries, Leo, Sagittarius, the two Gemini twins,  and Aquarius into the customs warehouse.

The battle began immediately as Aquarius and Volt trade elemental powers, but when they realize that they can't easily harm each other that way, it devolves into a fist fight. Sphinx flew at Sagittarius, blowing her out of the upper shelving she was crawling up, until he switched opponents and chased after Aries, who used his speed to cover a lot of more ground as he searched for the missing device. Morph and Jinn fought Gemini to a stand still, while Leo became a quick punching bag for Aurora and her frenzy of energized fists.

When the dust settled, Aries had escaped with the device and gone right back through the portal. Gemini was battered and one twin managed to drag the other through the portal to safety. Leo, Sagittarius, and Aquarius were all beaten down and captured. But with so many Zodiac members unaccounted for, the orb taken, and the device now gone, the heroes realized that they had to take the fight to the villains, and discover exactly where the orb and the device were being taken, and who would pay so much money for these items. Perhaps tomorrow they would know...

RAMBLE
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2015 at 11:42am by Ramble »  

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #21 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 4:16am
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Jun 1st, 2015 at 10:24pm:
Women to the left of me
And women to the right.

You would be stunned at the number of women who WANTED to take a picture with Darren!

Well... I'm not surprised.
I've always been a sexy beast, eh?

RAMBLE

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #22 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Awesome stuff; thanks for posting these, all!

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #23 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Jun 1st, 2015 at 6:02pm:
She was SO TOTALLY COOL I was blown away!

https://www.facebook.com/ivydoomkittyivy

Ivy Doomkitty squeezed Display Name's butt.
Nuff Said.

RAMBLE

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #24 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
PHOENIX CON - Adventure 2 - BAR ROOM BLITZ
Our group of heroes (Aurora, Ice Storm, Jinn, Morph, Razorwing, Sphinx, and Volt) rest briefly after the brawl in the customs warehouse with members of the Zodiac. They ask if they can interview the captured villains (Leo, Sagittarius, and Aquarius), and quickly decide to focus their efforts on Leo (because he seems like the most likely one to flip on his allies). Leo does, and reveals that the man who hired the Zodiac to retrieve the device from the customs warehouse also hired someone named Sandstorm to get the orb from the Museum of Natural History, and Leo thinks that  it was Sandstorm that tip off their caper to the heroes (by leaving behind a scrap of paper and the holographic message). Leo tries to enlist the heroes into joining a new Zodiac team that he would lead, but they instead have a good laugh and put Leo in a large block of ice.

The heroes travel to the Ringside Nightclub (where both Sandstorm and the Zodiac are supposed to bring their objects to the middle man who is supposed to pay them - Spence). Sphinx and Ice Storm take the direct approach and immediately seek out Spence and the night club owner - Benny the Rifle. Morph and Jinn hang out by the bar - Jinn enjoying some cheap drinks, while Morph makes noise on the piano by violating it with his stretching powers. Aurora and Razorwing change to their street clothes and enter quietly, while Volt travels along the power grid to appear inside the nightclub, overload the nightclubs alarm system and let Aurora and Razorwing in.

Spence manages to stand composed before Sphinx and Ice Storm and calmly tries to get the heroes to go home before Sandstorm and the Zodiac appear. The heroes don't budge, and soon the music and drinks are interrupted by the arrival of nothing less than a host of super villains!

A portal appears by Razorwing and Aurora, and from it Aries, the Gemini twins and the great robot Taurus appear. Meanwhile, through the front door comes Sandstorm and his pack of ten Dust Warriors. A peaceful solution is forgotten as the Zodiac attack (hungry for revenge), and Sandstorm and his mystically enhanced servants (the same men who attacked the Museum earlier) lay into heroes and bystanders alike. The three sided battle begins in earnest as heroes, as Sanstorm summons a protective force field to keep Ice Storm at bay, and then flings our cold hero high across the dance floor. Determined, Ice Storm creates an ice bridge and assaults Sandstorm and his minions, freezing the dirt covered men in place before to many bar patrons can be harmed. Morph flings dust warrior after dust warrior, occasionally drawing bystanders (like Kitty with her fake ID) into the battle whether they want to be or not! Jinn fought on both sides of the bar, and on top of it, as he gets Coyote Ugly on one of the dust warriors before he closes in on Sandstorm, hacking at the villain's force field with the golden sword of Anthor. Razorwing beat one Gemini and a dust warrior by alternating blows between the two, and cracking open an impressive can of whoop-ass. Volt was unable to short out or effectively blast the heavily insulated Taurus, so Aurora climbed on top of the bull-bot and rode him around the nightclub, as the robot tried to peel the super-strong lass by smashing through wall after wall. Aries went directly to Spence and after beating a security guard senseless, kindly offered to give Spence the device and spare his life if he made good on their agreement. Spence gave Aries the money as the device was dropped on the deep pile carpet at his feet.

Sphinx was managing crowd control, zapping dust warriors repeatedly, as Razorwing took advantage of a crack in Sandstorm's force field (provided by Jinn) to throw in a stun grenade. Sandstorm fell like a sack of hammers, as Spence grabbed the device and fled the night club. Razorwing chased him as well, and revelled in the satisfying splat of another criminal falling under the power of his weighted gloves. Sphinx chased Aries and the lone conscious Gemini twin past the Taurus robot that Aurora was dismantling, and into the portal. On the other side he found Libra, and try as he might, he could not get past her magnetic powers before she closed the portal. Returning back into the nightclub, the heroes were cleaning up the rest of the dust warriors, and Ice Storm was putting the once again unconscious Sandstorm on ice.

They gave Benny the Rifle the money that Spence was supposed to give to Sandstorm for the Orb, and now the heroes had possession of both the orb and the device. But the questions remained - what did the device do? Why steal this orb? And who was Spence working for?

As they pondered these questions, the dancers who were oblivious to the battle in the sunken ringside dance floor were still shaking it hard on the dance floor as Ice Storm's ice bridge slowly  dripped down on them, and Benny the Rifle kept on calculating the damages...

End of Adventure 2.

RAMBLE
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2015 at 11:37am by Ramble »  

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #25 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 6:16am
Print Post  
Ramble wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 9:52pm:
Ivy Doomkitty squeezed Display Name's butt.
Nuff Said.

RAMBLE

The *nerve* of that woman!  Yay!

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #26 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Yeah, you seemed pretty upset at the time...

Cool

RAMBLE

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #27 - Jun 10th, 2015 at 9:29am
Print Post  
What happened next with our intrepid heroes?  The Ad Hoc Committee?

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #28 - Jun 10th, 2015 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
If you guys get a chance, think you could post write-ups of some of the characters you used?

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #29 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 3:23am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Jun 10th, 2015 at 8:18pm:
If you guys get a chance, think you could post write-ups of some of the characters you used?

The pregen's belong to Alabaster Knight, so I'll leave that question up to him.

But... check this out. AK says, after the adventure on day two: Nolan (one of the new players who came back after day), why don't you have the Bar map?

How is that for a take away gift? The table sized map we played on. Then the next day, AK gives away the secret lair map to a father/son team who rocked it all three days as well.

And then the capper - AK offers the character write-ups to the players. "oh, you liked kicking butt with Razorwing? Here, take the character with you as our gift to YOU." "Oh, you knocked villains on their butts as Morph? Take the character with you so you have a hero to start with."

Everyone gets the FGU website address as well, so they can download free villains, locations and even card counters... and we haven't ask for a penny.

That's awesome. That's how V&V will grow and survive.
I'm still geeking out over it... but that's how you kick ass at con and remind people that we are still here.

RAMBLE

« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2015 at 3:24am by Ramble »  

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #30 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 3:27am
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Jun 10th, 2015 at 9:29am:
What happened next with our intrepid heroes?  The Ad Hoc Committee?

That piece comes tomorrow, with our final chapter!

RAMBLE

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #31 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:31am
Print Post  
that's awesome that the players got to take those tings home. It will help grow V&V. when I was first sucked into Magic the card game by a friend who played V&V (and all our other rpg's) he gave me a rare land card and told me when I taught some one else how to play to pass it on. That card now belongs to yet another gamer friend's daughter. Things like that give the game (or at least the players) heart in my opinion

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #32 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Awesome story!  Reminds me of when a few of us got to go play with Jack and Jeff, with Bill Willingham as GM for three days.  At the end, Bill allowed everyone to keep the counters for their PC, plus he gave away some of the cool huge ones to players as well!

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #33 - Jun 13th, 2015 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
PHOENIX CON - Adventure 3 - The Horrors of Hyperion
Our group of heroes (Aurora, Ice Storm, Jinn, Morph, Razorwing, Sphinx, and Volt) rest briefly again after the superhuman bar fight at the Ringside Night Club. In the morning the Ad Hoc Committee (as the heroes are starting to be known as) go their own ways to follow-up on the clues they have. Sphinx investigates the Device. Razorwing investigates the Orb. Aurora interviews Spence at the hospital. Volt investigates the names on the customs manifest that the device was supposed to be sent to. Morph makes funny faces at kids in a day care. Jinn and Ice storm never answered the call.

(The heroes find out later that Jinn never answered the call because he had been possessed by the Golden Sword of Anthor and Ice Storm had to stop Jinn (without harming him badly) before the possessed hero used the mystic sword to commit a bank robbery, and end Jinn's career as a super hero...)

All of the heroes efforts are fruitful. Sphinx discovers that the device is probably a time machine, although it lacks a power source - although the orb would fit inside it perfectly. Razorwing research into the orb reveals that the orb is a shaped piece of meteorite that is known for the ability to absorb energy and release it in gradual manner, essentially working like a natural battery. Aurora convinces Spence to fold like a deck of cards in order for a lighter sentence, and he reveals that the man paying him was Ichabod Stanz. Volt noted that the customs manifest said the device came from a Josef Hossfelder in Italy to an Ichabod Stanz who lives in Strand, and so he found the address and rode the lightning to Ichabod's house (an old house in an industrial district that gradually being converted).

As the heroes begin sharing their information, they take action. Sphinx crushes and blasts the time travel device, so that no one can mettle with forces man was not meant to know. Razorwing put the orb in a safe. Volt began to investigate the building as Aurora hauled ass in her VW bug to lend Volt some assistance. Volt phased through the wall of the garage as ball lightning, and discovered an industrial elevator existed within the facade of the garage. When he phased into the house he discovered that it too, was largely a facade, although the front and back doors were rigged with high explosives - Volt was kind enough to tell Aurora this before she knocked down the door.

The party reunited as a team (Aurora, Morph, Razorwing, Sphinx, and Volt), and entered the garage and activated the elevator. They went down underground and discovered a secret base. Immediately a gentle alarm went off and over a P.A. system, the man demanded the surrender of the heroes in order to protect the lives of innocent bystanders in Strand. Sphinx cut the demands off in mid-speech by going over to a security console, hacking into it with his suits' systems and running "Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows" (the 1965 pop song from Lesley Gore) over the loudspeaker, thus ending negotiations, and adding a sense of the bizarre to the entire proceedings...

Moving beyond the cargo/storage chamber that the elevator opened into, Razorwing took the north tunnel, Volt took the South tunnel, and Aurora and Morph took the West tunnel.   The mercenary super soldier named Solo appeared and yelled over the pop song "I got your sunshine right here, babe!" and shot Aurora with his plasma rifle - sending her flying back into the cargo chamber. Razorwing came up behind him from the north tunnel, and the two engaged in close combat, as a security guard tried to stop Morph with her machine gun. Sphinx stayed at the computer console and began to scan the systems of the base, and finding a comprehensive historical database that was eating up much of the complexes power, decided to trigger a reformat on those sixteen main frames in control room. And all the time he was tapping his toes to Lesley Gore's perky ballad.

Volt went up the South tunnel past a throne room filled with statues of World War II Super Soldiers (both Allied and Axis), and noted the power literally behind the throne - an energized chamber crackling with electricity, except for a central pad. Standing on the pad was an older muscular man in a leather one piece costume with a cape who was giving instructions over a cell phone (loudly due to Sunshne, Lollipops and Rainbows) to another mercenary. And energizing the chamber was the electrical mercenary named Overload. Overload and Volt exchanged electricity to no great effect, so Overload gave a full charge to the chamber's tech. Volt looked at the opposite console and realized (01 on a % roll) that they were standing in a time machine chamber, and the time machine was set for August 23, 1919 to some place in Europe. Volt tried to change the date, but all he managed to get was the day, and so he switched the time machine from August 23, 1919 to August 30, 1919. With a great crack, the chamber was filled with power and then the man on the pad was gone.

The leader's commands told Hound to engage, so the speedy mercenary rounded the corner and ran into the cargo cavern where he began fighting Aurora, who happily began exchanging punches with the feral man. Razorwing and Solo exchanged punches, and one kick to the groin and a dented cup later, it was clear to Razorwing that Solo was a dirty fighter. Morph tried to distract and harm Solo, but the guard was surprisingly adapt at distracting him, and he focused on smashing her repeatedly with his stretchy alien fists! Sphinx continued to tap his toes, and began over loading power junctions in the cargo cavern, putting hound on the receiving end of a massive electrical explosion.

Distracted as he was by helping Aurora with Hound, the mercenary in the Equalizer armor took the time to route a few systems through his suit, to stop Sphinx's reformat command (only 5 of the 16 mainframes had complied at that point), and so Sphinx and the Equalizer began a tug of war over the system for control. Morph beat up the security guard, and somewhat frustrated by the way the battle was going, went to the bathroom. Razorwing got in a lucky punch, and managed to knock Solo flat on his back, and began to scoop up the guns, knives, greanades and other weapons that he was covered with. Aurora used Hound as a punching bag.

Overload and Volt continued to battle, but neither could easily overwhelm the other's electricity, and taking a queue from the fight at the customs warehouse with Aquarius just a few days before, Volt tried to teleport on top of Volt and tackle him. But Overload is much faster than Aquarius and Volt hit the ground hard as the pad blazed white and the leader returned. He looked bigger now... stronger... angrier. "No! You ruined everything! For 30 years I've planned! To end my torture at the hands of the Nazi! To stop them from torturing me for two decades and creating the man called Ubermensch! I am Hyperion! And because of your meddling I couldn't change the past! All I got back was a fragment of my glory... but it will be enough for you and your pack of rabble!"

Meanwhile... Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows...

Volt: "Uhh... guys? A little backup?"

Aurora hit the South tunnel running as Sphinx overloads Equalizer's interface with the network, and then begins overloading the power grid for the complex. Razorwing was reluctant to end his shopping trip at Solo's Gun-R-Us, but eventually heard the call. As for Morph, he took the time to shake and wipe before returning to the battle.

Volt decided to assume his energy form and was relieved when Hyperion's powerful fist flew through him harmlessly and shattered the wall behind him, causing the power to the chamber to normalize, and the electricity to ground out. Overload managed to get some small licks in against Volt, but it was never enough to take him out.

Sphinx grappled with hound as the beast man focused his rage on the armored man who wouldn't make the music stop! But Sphinx shot him with a force blast and he went good night even as the power failed. And with it, the music died.

"Yay!"

RAMBLE    
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2015 at 1:26pm by Ramble »  

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #34 - Jun 13th, 2015 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Horrors of Hyperion - Continued

Razorwing saw Equalizer struggling to stop the overload in the control room and helped him with a few grenades before retreating up another tunnel... and with an explosion everything went black. Razorwing pulls out his razor-light and followed the sounds of battle in the time chamber.

Aurora and Volt were trying to contain Overload and Hyperion, but it was only with the arrival of Razorwing and Sphinx that the tide began to change. Between Sphinx's force blasts, arcos of Volt's lightning, Aurora's blasts of  her kinetic fists, it seemed like the they had the powerhouse called Hyperion contained. But then Hyperion would counter attack by blasting Volt with his optik blasts, hammering Aurora with his fists, and smashing Sphinx's armor.

Morph meanwhile took a wrong turn and found a cavern of dinosaur samples (apparently from failed time trips?) and dominated by a full dinosaur skeleton on wires. Morph slipped inside the skeleton and used his stretching powers to wear it like armor and began to bore into the time chamber through a wall, even as the smoking, and damged Equalizer blasted at his bone protection!

Razorwing saw an opening and closed in HTH with Hyperion, and smashed the former WWI hero repeatedly with punishing blows that would break a normal man, but Hyperion wasn't normal, and Razorwing lost his collapsible razor-shield to the shuddering power of Hyperion. Razorwing staggered out of the Time Chamber, only to find Solo, still armed with his Plasma Rifle (why didn't you take that?) and they fought, eventually Razorwing beating Solo senseless.

Sphinx saw the writing on the wall, as his armor was breaking under Hyperion's onslaught, and blasted Overload just to enjoy an easy (Overload had no great defense like he had against Volt), and Volt blasted Equalizer as Morph and the armored man broke through the wall of the time chamber, overloading Equalizer's few remaining systems.
Morph slammed Hyperion over and over, before Hyperion swatted him away.

Then, finally, after long minutes of battle with the exhausted heroes, Aurora slipped in close and slammed the battered and bleeding Hyperion over and over with her energized fists. Hyperion fell unconscious.  And when he began to wake up the next two times, the team pummelled and blasted him over and over again.

They finally rested in the time chamber, wrapping up Hyperion and the mercenaries in a steel rods, and ate some food from base's mess hall before it all went bad.

Morph: "We're getting pretty good at this hero stuff... maybe we should come back next year."

Aurora: "But first... how do we get out of here?"

The End

RAMBLE

« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2015 at 1:49pm by Ramble »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools

>