Normal Topic Zyklon (Read 2385 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Zyklon
Jun 29th, 2015 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Gotta love this character's name: I bet it would net a Scrabble player a lot of points (if one could use proper names!).

Question for AK/JB:

As it's written I'm a bit confused on what the intent is for his grapple attack.  Should it be:

A) HTH attack for carrier, automatic Death Touch (with rolls against E and A) for the payload?

or

B) HTH attack for carrier, Chemical Powers attack for the payload (with "damage" being the E and A saves, as per Death Touch)?

or

C) Chemical Powers attack for the carrier, with Death Touch effects (with the requisite saves) for the payload?

or something else entirely?

Overall he's a cool villain that I'd like to use, and I think I'd lean towards B as the way I'd do it.  Just curious of authorial intent here.

IP Logged

Ironnerd
Justice Leaguer

Crunchy on the outside,
chewy on the inside.

Re: Zyklon
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Looks (to me) as if he does an HtH attack against solids as a carrier, then a modified Death Touch as the payload (with a roll to hit).

Looks like "B" to me as well, but I think the attack mode is still Death Touch... call it A½...

...and I'll be going over Marie LaRouge tonight...

John "Ironnerd" Adams
"The GM is the balancing mechanic" - Klystron

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
I'll revise him:

The HTH attack is a grappling attempt that has it's own constriction damage and must succeed to then use the Death Touch component: The carried Death Touch is automatic at that point because all it requires is a HTH attempt (that's in the Death Touch rules anyway).

If the Death Touch fails, Zyklon still exposes the victim to Chemical Powers but must hit using Chemical Powers at that point (allowing the victim to use applicable defenses against this assault).

I think it would be fair for a GM to not use the chemical attack until the next phase.
I'm also of the mindset that Zyklon's victim surviving the Death Touch would make them immune until the next full combat round to that component and only allow Zyklon to assault them with Chem powers.

I will clear up the ambiguity when I get some free time; our ownership group decided against the purchase of the other game store and instead we're just building our own.

We have a lease signed, and are in the midst of the buildout process. Utilities have been scheduled and we are awaiting keys to paint and rehab, and import materials and stock. We will be carrying V&V and promoting it from a home base store that V&V hasn't had for many years.

If it's not fun, we're not doing it right.

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #3 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 12:20am
Print Post  
I've included a reference or two to Zyklon in the upcoming War World II Super Soldiers book, in addition to every other WWII superhuman that has been or will be created to my knowledge.

Which reminds me - if you are creating a WWII super soldier for publication let me know.

RAMBLE

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #4 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 12:41am
Print Post  
AlabasterKnight wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 11:59pm:
I'll revise him:

...and I will have the original version!  Worth billions!

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #5 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Ramble wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 12:20am:
Which reminds me - if you are creating a WWII super soldier for publication let me know.

You already have my list of WWII dudes;
WWI are Bullet and Sovereign (see FFWTF).

If it's not fun, we're not doing it right.

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #6 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
AlabasterKnight wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 11:13am:
Ramble wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 12:20am:

You already have my list of WWII dudes;
WWI are Bullet and Sovereign (see FFWTF).

I'll let you write a compendium of WWI soldiers.

Cheesy

RAMBLE

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #7 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Thanks, J! Smiley

As for Marie La Rouge, I just used her two nights ago, and she was a lot of fun (see Exploits and this thread).
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2015 at 1:13pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Ironnerd
Justice Leaguer

Crunchy on the outside,
chewy on the inside.

Reply #8 - Oct 28th, 2015 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Marie is featured in an adventure I play-tested a couple of weeks ago.

Written for first-time players and GMs. The biggest snag I ran into was that the seasoned gamers were looking for traps EVERYWHERE (except where they were), and the newbies just sort of stumbled along having a good time. The seasoned players also read way too much into what was actually really simple stuff.

In order for the adventure to work properly, I had to flesh out the crew, give the ship a more capabilities, and make Sweetie wear a top of some kind... flippin' topless hippies!

Yad's insanely busy working for FGU (an adventure I have been trying to get out for over a year!) and FASA, so don't expect this one for a while.

John "Ironnerd" Adams
"The GM is the balancing mechanic" - Klystron

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #9 - Oct 29th, 2015 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Looking forward to it!  Cool

IP Logged

>