Normal Topic Threshold (Read 1113 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Threshold
Sep 13th, 2015 at 9:57am
Print Post  
  Threshold is a unique spell in that most casters don't even realize that they are casting it.  I would even argue that most casters of this spell don't even believe in magic.    This spell creates a ward of protection that prevents most evil supernatural beings from crossing the ward of protection.  This is what prevents a vampire from entering a home uninvited.

When any supernatural being,  that is a being with magical, or  other dimensional, but not including meta, powers comes in contact with a Threshold Ward they must roll Hd20* or they are unable to cross the barrier.

This spell can be cast as normally

Threshold: ( V S M)  Abjuration  Pr=10+1per five foot radius.  Needs a physical shelter of some sort, plus a living being that claims that shelter as their home. 

A threshold can be created unknowingly by beings that live in a home.   The happier the family, and the higher their combined humanity, the better the odds of creating a threshold.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Re: Threshold
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Dick needs it.

How do you keep it going or is it permanent and works off the power of the happy dwellers?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Once cast,  it stays as long as the shelter remains a home.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #3 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 9:42am
Print Post  
John is the Hd20 just a save or is it a contest of Humanity like a magic circle would be?

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #4 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 9:52am
Print Post  
And here I thought you were going to discuss a SciFi TV series that just kinda vanished...! Smiley

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

>