Normal Topic Dressed For Success (Read 983 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Dressed For Success
Apr 4th, 2016 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
The speech went off without a hitch.  The press covered it with the usual aplomb.  Of course they did, he paid them too.   Lucius Cain didn't mind spending money.  After all, he had lots of it, and its easy to make more.

He spoke with the usual Science City Elite  after the speech; Carol Newman, the mayor,  Carter Manning head of Manning Enterprises, that lovely Justine Caloway, as well as numerous union leaders, and Congress Critters.   It was tedious, but that's why they call it work.

Then the real business started. 

He hated to cover his suit, but the Mythos Club has a dress code. The red robes and white metal tiaras are a bit effeminate, but what the hell.

The mass was dull.  The after party food, and the women who served,  oh the women, were exquisite.

The buffoon who confronted him in the bathroom will never bother him again.  It wasn't the surprise and savage beating that scared him off, but the photo of the little girl with bruises on her wrists that terrified him.   How did Lucius obtain that polaroid?  And did anyone still make polaroids anymore?

When it was time to retire for the night   Lucius was generally tired.
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2016 at 10:55pm by John »  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: Dressed For Success
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Lucius was in his office getting ready to go home.  He was actually surprised to see that costumed goof floating outside his window.  Who dons an ocean themed outfit in Arizona?

He invited Manta Man in. It was the polite thing to do. And Lucius was always polite.

Manta Man tossed the counterfeit pass card on the floor.  He said it was lousy with Cain's fingerprints. He accused AEI of hiring the Velvet Fox to break into Manning Enterprise. This was news to Lucius, but he retained his cool.

Manta Man left out the window with a warning. "I am watching you."

Great, Cain needed this like a hole in the head.
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2016 at 2:20pm by John »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Bah!!

Manta Man. This costumed fool will be just another stepping stone in my rise to true POWER!!

Trust me Friend. I will Step on HIM.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2016 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Two questions bug Lucius. How did the Velvet Fox get his fingerprints on a counterfeit Manning Enterprise ID? 

And why is the superhero leader of the L.A based super team, the Crusaders, so protective of Science City's Manning Enterprise's office?
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2016 at 10:34am by John »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #4 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Lucius examined the list of 600 names of people who could be Manta Man.  These were men with means, motivation, and muscle.   He was pleased with the work his lovely assistants had performed.

He couldn't help but admire them as they left his office.  After all he was a man, under his suit, and he liked the best in everything.  And they had everything, beauty and brains.

He needed to work out.    He, in privacy, peeled off his suit.  He felt vulnerable.   The work out helped him  deal with all that pent up energy.   He called his masseuse.   Olga, a blind Croatian immigrant, responded quickly.   

Now feeling relaxed, it was time for the ritual of putting the suit back on.

He always dressed the same way.  Basking in the feeling of power the suit provided.   Right leg, left leg, right arm, left arm.   Tuck in the shirt, button the fly, clasp the belt.

Ahh...

Next were the socks.  Right sock, left.   Right shoe, left.   He always sang that same song he learned in Kindergarten while tying the laces.  "Mr Bunny Ears, hopping through the meadow..."

God help any employee who interrupted that song.

Now the tie.    Around match the lengths,  adust the wide end,  wrap, and pull.   He always wants a cigarette after that.

Now the jacket.  Inspect it for lint, which there never is.  Flip it around, right arm, left.  Pull the bottom to make it tight.   Fix the cuffs.  Now look in the mirror. 

Lucius always then checks the pockets when fully dressed.    Noting in the right.    Nothing in the...wait, a piece of paper. 

Its a post it note.   How did one get in, oh....  Its in his own writing.   

" ...Galen's Hospital, 1462 Hippocrates Blvd, rm 202.  555-472-1515 ex 6"

A private room in Science City's newly build, most advanced hospital?   Better call.

It rang three times.   " Hello, Lucius."   the voice was firm, deep and commanding.  "Remember who you work for.  Remember, I have plans for you.  Remember everything I have given you, I can take away."

Lucius went white.

With a dry throat, and a cracked voice  Lucius answered, " I, I remember."

Lucius tried to sit at his desk but the good mood he was in was ruined.  He was anxious, he was nervous.  And worst of all, he was not in control.   Only one thing to do, visit the hospital.

He cancelled his appointments for the day. He called his driver and got in the limo.

He was whisked into the hospital by their staff. One does not expect to get more donations when you keep major donors waiting.

He wad brought to room 202.  He was taken back when he realized it was his former rival, Philip Manning.   

Manning had been comatose since the Hotel California disaster a few months back.   His wife was in the room.   Even out of her super hero costume, The Wonder was a knock out.   For an old guy, he did well.

She kept the room tidy.   Could it be she married for love, and not money? 

Anyway, she left him alone, told Lucius it was nice to visit as Carter is too busy to  come as he has his work cut out for him dealing with that Jacob Hunter and his take over of Manning Enterprises.  Poor kid, sales have gone through the roof since the take over.   Only a matter of time before him and his dad are living on the streets, thought Cain.

The door shut and Manning opened one eye.  He sprung up and spoke.  It was the same voice Lucius heard on the phone.

"So nice of you to visit me, I hope all is well."   Cain was too shocked to respond. "The Six Fingered Hand as many plans for you..."

Lucius, for the first time in over a decade, regretted ever going into that thrift store.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #5 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
The Suit Character is Awesome

IP Logged

>