Normal Topic Villains Unleashed (Read 553 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Villains Unleashed
Nov 16th, 2016 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
I don't know how many of you have seen FGU's "Villains Unleashed", and I don't see a topic for it here on these forums.

It's a beautiful looking book (as always, Joe Singleton knocked it out of the park), and most of the villains look interesting, too.  I wonder if any of the three authors (Dan Jones, Foster Coker, and Steve Effler) have every visited here before? (shout out if you read this and/or if you're a regular or a lurker!)

One strange thing I've noticed, though, is that the Damage Modifiers and Accuracy for just about every character are extremely inflated.  I'm wondering if the writers add bonuses from Training straight to those numbers?  Even if they are doing that (which isn't RAW), they're still excessively high.  Check just about any character.  For instance (I'll grab a few at random):

Glamazon has an Agility of 14 and an Intelligence of 10; her Dam. Mod. and Accuracy should each be +1.  Instead, she has a +4/+5.

Electric Skull has an A of 18 and an I of 17; that should give him a +3/+3.  But he is listed as a +9/+8.

I kind of like the higher numbers, as I think it would make the characters way tougher.  They just don't match anything (even their Rules Variants) that I'm aware of, and I'm wondering how they arrived at their numbers?

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Re: Villains Unleashed
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2016 at 3:46am
Print Post  
Hmm. That's a good question.

I was thinking maybe the bonus was level based, but considering Level vs. Level is situation based, that makes no sense unless you're certain what the level of the PC's are...

RAMBLE
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2016 at 3:46am by Ramble »  

IP Logged

>