Normal Topic Horror V&V? (Read 493 times)
dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Horror V&V?
Jul 2nd, 2020 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Just out of curiosity, have any of you ever used V&V for a horror themed setting or adventure?

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Re: Horror V&V?
Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2020 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Isn't "Terror By Night" a horror themed adventure?

I played a short intro adventure that my GM created when I played V&V the very first time.  I forget the precise details, but it started out with us busting some drug addicts trying to burglarize some local businesses.  Eventually, we followed the leads back to a demonic cult that was holed up in an abandoned house.  It turned out that they were wanting to summon a demon.  Fortunately, we interrupted the ritual before he fully materialized.  I really enjoyed using real settings around our city and playing myself.

Edit: the "bikini chicks" on page seven posing with Albert are wearing Wicked Weasel swimsuits.
https://wickedweasel.com/en-us
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2020 at 10:30pm by Display Name »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Terror By Night has some horror elements.  Devil's Domain is probably even more horror-themed.

I've run a few horror sessions over the years.  One a number of years ago was near Halloween, and we played by candlelight with horror music soundtracks in the background.  I had numerous villains from various published adventures and supplements (Manslaughter, Samhain, and Chainsaw, set in motion by Nightmare) in the setting of a haunted house.  It was dream-like, and the PC's spirits were pulled out of their bodies so that they could be terrorized without their powers.  One PC even had his arm lopped off!  My son still talks about this being one of his all-time favorite sessions.

More recently, I had a bunch of supernatural villains (again using a number from published sources, like Occult, Devilspawn, Malastra, and Malefactor) conduct a powerful magical spell to try to bring back the bansihed Cr'tegorf (Devil).  Tons of demons spilled out of a portal and had to be fought, all in the setting of a graveyard with "thirteen steps to hell" (a local legend).

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #3 - Jul 15th, 2020 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Two of the adventures in "Alone into the Night" have horror elements, in a tone similar to the Detective Comics from the 1970s.
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2020 at 6:14pm by polarboy »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2020 at 11:47am
Print Post  
I've been messing around with a few ideas, off and on, for years now. The basic idea is the PCs are members of an organization called the Lodge. They're an unofficial organization that's existed since the Middle Ages, and protects the Earth from supernatural threats. I've posted bits and pieces of it on here before.

YIM  
IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2020 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
The Shroud from Opponents Unlimited would be a good opponent for a horror campaign.

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #6 - Oct 13th, 2020 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Aug 29th, 2020 at 11:47am:
I've been messing around with a few ideas, off and on, for years now. The basic idea is the PCs are members of an organization called the Lodge. They're an unofficial organization that's existed since the Middle Ages, and protects the Earth from supernatural threats. I've posted bits and pieces of it on here before.

Whoah!  I missed this one!  I wouldn't make it "PCs are members," though.  I would make it "don't call us, we'll call you" to increase the mysterious air surrounding them.

More, please?

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #7 - Oct 16th, 2020 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
The lodge has been operating, in various forms, since the Dark Ages. has "Chapters" spread around the world, primarily in areas with a lot of super natural energies. It's members range from actual practitioners of magic, to clergy, to occult investigators, to psychics. Each one brings something to the organization. Some of the threats they've come up againt include the Church of Sorrows, The Coven, the Lychan Clans, and Vampire Mafia.

YIM  
IP Logged

>