Normal Topic Regeneration (Read 112 times)
Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Regeneration
Jul 17th, 2020 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
"How is the patient" the doctor asked as he entered the private room.  Doctor Mitchell always hated dealing with vigilantes.  Not because he had anything against them.  It was because the security measures designed to protect the vigilante's identity prevented him from immediately and fully caring for his paranormal patients.  He had heard of cases where the security was so tight that the vigilante had been unable to receive proper care in time and had died.

"The patient obviously has accelerated healing but it's nowhere near as fast as we normally see.  She was very fortunate you were able to stabilize her and give it time to work" the nurse replied.

"Hmph... No thanks to the security measures" the doctor complained.

"Doctor, the patient's teeth are also regenerating" the nurse said.

"Really?  That's unique" the doctor replied.  Unfortunately, teeth were not designed to grow back and were always unaffected by a paranormal's accelerated healing.  He almost always recommended his patients to his dentist friend Doctor Stone.  This new form of regeneration would actually make a remarkable case study if the vigilante were willing to cooperate.  Unfortunately, most vigilantes didn't for security reasons.

Examining the patient, the doctor could see her accelerated healing at work.  It obviously was MUCH slower than what was accepted as "normal" but with the added ability of regenerating teeth...  Looking over her wounds, he estimated that she was probably healing at an hourly rate instead of mere seconds.

"I'm sure the patient will be ready to leave within a few hours" the doctor stated.  "Please don't let her leave until she signs the release form."

"Yes, doctor" the nurse replied as the doctor continued on his rounds.

Edit: Darn it!  I always put all my imagination into the story and forget to include my point!  Lol!  Anyway, Regeneration is essentially pointless.  I say that because *all* players have the Regeneration power if it pleases the GM to speed up the narrative (please see section 1C in the V&V adventure "The Island of Doctor Apocalypse" entitled "Recovering From the Destroyers Battle" (sic) as evidence of my assertion.)

The Regeneration power presented here was a "Magical Invention."  It's difficult to correctly "gauge" the power of Regeneration as an Invention, so I just ruled "per hour with no action cost."

Edit, edit: did you know that (mathematically) you can simply multiply the character's healing rate times the amount of time healing to quickly determine an *accurate* healing rate?  Ok, let me give you an example to clarify.  Let's say a character WITHOUT regeneration heals at a rate of 1.2/day.  Let's say that the GM decides that "six days pass after your last adventure and you spend the time relaxing and recovering."  Simply multiply the healing rate (1.2/day) times six days and the result (7.2) means that you heal 7 points in those six days and have a 20% chance of healing another point.  You will almost always arrive at the *same* results if you did it the "hard" way (ie: you calculated healing for each day.)  The Regeneration power basically means that the player is fully recovered within 5-10 minutes.  That's TWENTY to FORTY healing chances, so take that allegation however you will.

Edit, edit, edit.  Of COURSE I allow Regeneration to replenish teeth.  This isn't a description of MY world!  Lol!
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2020 at 12:46am by Display Name »  

IP Logged

>