Normal Topic Dungeons and Dragons (Read 328 times)
Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Dungeons and Dragons
Jun 9th, 2021 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
To celebrate John's recent edition to his YouTube channel about his copy of Deities & Demigods (the *complete* version, not the "copywrite-infringement-so-we-took-stuff-out" version,) I'll present this origin story of a character I designed in the early 2000s for a D&D campaign with some coworkers that, unfortunately, never got started.  I wanted to play a Drow, just like everyone else in the group, but I think my origin story won out and my Drow was allowed.  Maybe this contributed to the campaign falling apart...?

Before I start, please check out John's review of Deities & Demigods on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3teSHx0HnYc

Naturally, you need to check out the rest of the videos on his channel because he has some awesome reviews of random comics from his massive collection!  He claims to have the largest, privately-owned collection of comics in the world!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1WWbonZ861gS_9UnR2RIVQ/videos

Origin story: Alleck
Alleck was the son of the House of DeVir (now defunct).  At the age of majority (25), he was
selected as a Consort for a daughter of the House of Lylyl (currently the 4th House of
Neverwinter).  A young Mistress, she was cruel & abusive with very little patience (a
Mistress may choose a Mate or Consort as soon as she is able to bear children while a male
may not become a Mate until the age of majority).  Alleck's Mistress was in her late teens.
Eventually, the House of DeVir collapsed when a tribe of orcs invaded (the orcs were a
barbarian horde migrating to cooler climates & managed to devestate DeVir before
reinforcements could be sent.)  Alleck's Mistress had no further use for her Consort &
discarded him for her 25th birthday to select a new husband.

Alleck managed to escape (and kill his Mistress in the process) & after a hard, 2-day journey
reached the surface (he had nowhere else to go).  Upon reaching the surface, he found himself
in a vast, wide open area full of bright light.  After 2 days of little sleep, & very little
food & water, the experience overwhelmed him.  He prayed to "whomever would listen to a man
Drow" to save him & in return would devote himself in service.

The same day he encountered a lost merchant band of Dathiir Drow (surface-dwelling Drow).
Although not surface-dwelling in the literal sense, they did have many dealings with the
surface, as their god sought to further the aims of Drow upon the surface.  These Drow were
mainly men, & the women seemed submissive.  Alleck immediately recognized this Sign &
devoted his services to the god of the male Drow: Vhaeraun.

Alleck is now a Shebali (a rogue, non-noble Drow), & will be killed upon sight by anyone
of the House of Lylyl automatically.  There is a chance that other Unterdark Elves will
recognize him.  There is a price on his head, & Alleck will never willingly give himself up
to any authority (save Vhaeraun or his minions).  Alleck prefers to give a blood offering
to Vhaeraun (typically through treachery) rather than be captured.

Alleck has a preference for young female Drow, although his preference is not exclusive.  He
views most women as objects, & typically has several lovers.

Alleck equips himself with (leather?) armour, a longsword & dagger, & a (short? long?) bow.
He wears a heavy hood & cloak in the daylight (which means that the bow is unequipped while
wearing it).

Alleck stands ##" tall, & weighs ## lbs.  He has white hair & pale blue eyes.  He wears
Vhaeraun's holy symbol at all times: a black half-mask.  His alignment is Lawful Evil.
He is a multi-classed Cleric/Necromancer.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: Dungeons and Dragons
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
I played a Drow Assassin, and I cringe now every time I think of how I played him and what my DM did. 

We were stupid kids back then.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Nice hook!  Care to share?

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
My character had some super complicated  code that he followed.  He was nothing like Drow were supposed to be, and he killed Baba Yaga and lived in her chicken hut.  He then went around preaching his stupid philosophy and then tried to steal Stormbringer from Elric.   

Like I said, stupid kids.

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #4 - Jun 21st, 2021 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Sounds pretty epic!

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #5 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
I can never even remember my character ever killing for money.   We didn't know what we were doing back then.

IP Logged

>