Normal Topic The Flash (Read 249 times)
Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

The Flash
Jul 27th, 2023 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Has anyone seen the movie?  I read an article about it being pulled from theaters because it bombed at the box office.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Re: The Flash
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2023 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
I didn't see it, but I know a few people that did and they said it was actually pretty good.  I just think the super hero/comic genre is starting to die in the theatres. 

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Re: The Flash
Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
I saw it not terribly long ago and I thought the same (pretty good.)

I agree that the super hero/comic genre is starting to die in theaters.  Jack Herman (yeah, THAT "Jack Herman") wrote an article about it several years ago comparing the super-hero movie trend to the monster-movie trend from the black-and-white days.  After a while, people just got "burned out" on them and the genre went away.  Some of them are classics to this day but the release date was "wrong."

I suspect that's what's happening here.  It took longer for the genre to wear out but that's probably because "hype" is much more powerful today.

I still enjoyed the movie, though.  I have just enough ignorance of the lore to actually appreciate and even enjoy the dishonor they likely did to the character.

No, I don't have a link to the Jack Herman article.  It's probably on teh Monkey House Games website...?

IP Logged

>