Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) My Character Thread (Read 9005 times)
dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

My Character Thread
May 23rd, 2009 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
I'll be posting my V&V characters here.

Some Notes on Character Creation.

When I'm working these guys out, I roll 4d6, and drop the lowest roll when rolling for a super powered character's basic stats. It's worked well for years, so I figure why change it. For the average Joe on the street (cops, thugs, henchmen, etc.) I use the standard 3d6. I randomly roll powers, and tinker with them until they're to my liking. I also like to split rolls between powers and training, as I feel it gives a nice mix of abilities, but that's just me. For backgrounds, I either roll them randomly, or just throw in one I like. It varies from character to character, and it normally depends on how much time I feel like spending developing their background and what type of mood I’m in.

First up, Warmonger.

WARMONGER

"In war, you can't afford to show your enemies mercy."

Identity: Lt. Col. Mark Richards
Aliases: None
Sex: Male
Place of Birth: Boise, Idaho
Marital Status: Divorced
Known Relatives: Nathan Richards (Son)
Side: Evil
Affiliation: None
Known Associates: None
Known Grudges: The US Government
Base of Operations: Mobile            
Level: 15
Training: Damage

Powers:
1. Bionics:
a) Endo-Skeleton: 2x body weight; 10 pts. Invulnerability, no AGL Mod.
b) Enhanced Sensory System: 5 x Detect Hidden.
c) Self Repair Capability: Regeneration: Unable to repair damage caused by acid/corrosive attacks.
d) Cybernetic Arm: +10 STR, carrier attack for Lightning Control attack: 2d8 damage.
2. Heightened Expertise: +4 w/everything.
3. Special Weapon: War Strike (War Strike is a massive warhammer): +3 to hit, HTH +1d10 damage.
4. Heightened Charisma B: +12.
5. Body Power: Artificially Enhanced Physique: +20 STR, END, +10 AGL.
6. Natural Weaponry: +3 to hit; +6 to damage.
7. Low Self Control: Enraged: Each time War Monger takes more than 10 points damage from a single attack, he must save vs. INT on a D20. If he fails, he will become enraged, lashing out at the character that attacked him.  He will focus all his energies into attack that character and that character alone, completely ignoring anyone else.

Weight: 400 lbs.                  
Basic Hits: 8
Agility Mod: -                  
Strength: 43
Endurance: 31                  
Agility: 23
Intelligence: 18                  
Charisma: 29
Reactions from: Good: -5 /Evil: +5
Hit Mods.:
Hit Points: 278
Healing Rate: 7.2
Power: 113
Damage Mod.: +3
Accuracy: +4
Carrying Capacity: 16, 521 lbs.
Basic HTH Damage: 3d10            
Movement Rates: 97” ground speed
Detect Hidden: 70 %            
Detect Danger: 18%
Inventing Points: 27                  
Inventing: 54%
Legal Status: Wanted in the US, Canada, Mexico, Russia, and the EU.

Origin/Background: For as long as Mark Richards could remember, he’d wanted to be a soldier. He loved everything about them, the uniforms, the way they carried themselves, and most importantly, the weapons. He eventually achieved his goal, secured an appointment to the US Military academy, at West Point. Graduating at the top of his West Point class, he quickly rose through the ranks. Within a few years he was commanding his on battalion of infantry. When the second gulf war erupted, he and his troops were in the thick of it. Rapidly advancing across the Iraqi desert, he was determined to be the first US ground unit into Baghdad. That is until the mysterious sandstorm hit.

The storm was like nothing he’d ever seen, and with visibility next to nothing he ordered a halt. Soon he grew tired of the wait, and sent out several reconnaissance teams to scout out the area they now occupied. Within a short period, one of them radio back that they’d discovered a series of mysterious crypts. Intrigued, he decided to investigate them himself. Taking nothing more than a small security team, he set out to explore them. That was the last anyone heard or saw of Lt. Col. Mark Richards. What returned was the Avatar of War, The Warmonger. No one’s sure what happened to him or his men, or what they encountered that night, but they do know that this thing that carries his face must be stopped.

*NOTES*
War Monger is supposed to be a heavy hitter capable of taking on a whole group of PCs by his lonesome. As for how he could be used, I could easily see him striking at military targets (Ammunition plants, weapon storage depots, military bases), or striking at what he sees as symbols of US power (Washington DC). I wouldn't recommend sending a group of inexperienced low level characters up against him, but a group of moderate level characters should be able to capable of handling him.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2014 at 4:11pm by dsumner »  

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Re: My Character Thread
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2009 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Bounty

"I just want you to know, it's nothing personal, but business is business."

Identity: Randal Jerome Washington
Place of Birth:
Marital Status: Single
Known Relatives: None
Affiliation: Independent Villain
Known Grudges: None
Level: 9
Training: Accuracy

Powers:
1. Invulnerability Device: Battle Suit: 18 points.
2. Life Support: See page 14 for additional rules.
3. Heightened Senses Device: Sensory Array 3x Detect hidden and Danger.
4. Weakness Detection: +5 to attacks; R=1" see page 18 for additional rules.
5. Special Weapon: Smart Gun: R=60”. Fires heat-seeking “smart rounds”. The pistol is keyed to Bounty’s bio signature, and may only be fired by him. 12 rounds per magazine. Up to six magazines carried.
a) Armor-piercing explosive rounds: +4 to hit, 1d12 damage, 1” blast radius.

Inventions:
a) Photon Grenades: +2 to hit, 2d8 damage, attacks as Light Control. Carries 4 grenades.
b) Disc Grenades: +2 to hit, 1d10 damage, R = Ax 2, 2” blast radius. AGL roll to “bounce” grenades off of solid objects.
c) Acid Spray: Attacks as Chemical Attack. 1d12 damage. R = 2”, damage from the spray affects targets as though they were hit by a Disintegration Ray.
d) Beam Knife (right) wrist: +2 to hit, HTH+1d4 damage.
e) Monofilament Garrote: +4 to hit, HTH +1d6 damage.
e) Electro-Shock Bolas: +3 to hit, HTH +1d3 damage; Carrier attack for Paralysis Ray Attack, 6 charges.
f) Shock Stick: +3 to hit, 1d12 damage; Attacks as Lightning Control, 8 charges.

Equipment:
a) Scattergun (Automatic Shotgun): +3 to hit, 2d6 damage, R=15”.
b) Blaster (Energy Pistol): +2 to hit, 1d10 damage, R=45”.
c) Force Screen: Acts as a Force Field for defense. 25 charges, 1 charge expended for every to points of damage stopped.

Weight: 210 lbs.                
Basic Hits: 5
Strength: 15
Endurance: 19                
Agility: 15
Intelligence: 16                
Charisma: 9
Reactions from Good: -/Evil: -
Hit Mods.: (1.4)(2.2)(1.2)(1.6) = 5.9136
Hit Points: 30
Healing Rate: 2.5
Power: 65
Damage Mod.: +2
Accuracy: +2
Carrying Capacity: 554 lbs.
Basic HTH Damage: 1d8          
Movement Rates: 49” ground
Detect Hidden: 36%          
Detect Danger: 48%
Inventing Points: 3.4          
Inventing: 48%
Origin and Background: Time traveling mercenary and bounty hunter

Origin and Background: Bounty is a time traveling bounty hunter from 50 years in the future. Due to an unfortunate "incident" with one of his employers, he's stuck here, until he can figure a way back home. Until then, he's making the most of his skills.

Combat Tactics/M.O.: In combat, he'll try to take out fliers, and anyone with long range attack abilities first. If he has the time, he'll lay booby traps, extra weapons, etc. in the area he's operating in. He'll also make sure he has an escape route, and a back-up planned.

Personality/Character Traits: Randal is as cold blooded and mercenary as they come, he’d slit his own mother’s throat if he thought it was necessary to complete a contract.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2014 at 10:41pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2009 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Proteus

"This technology may prove useful to me."

Identity: -
Sex: Male Appearance
Place of Birth: N/A
Marital Status: N/A
Known Relatives: N/A
Level: 8      

Powers:
1. Transformation: Shapechange: Shapes and Objects only. He has the ability to alter his physical form and assume the shape of any object of similar size.
2. Body Power: Synthetic Body:
a) Stretching: Max Length = 153”. Max area is a square 76” on a side. Maximum cubic size is 38” in thickness. PR = 1 per use as a defense.
b) Invulnerability: 27, only vs. Kinetic energy attacks.
c) Regeneration: 1 action per turn maximum to heal full rate, can’t heal damage caused by fire.
3. Heightened Strength B: +13.
4. Heightened Endurance B: +18.

Weight: 225 lbs.                  
Agility Mod: -2                  
Strength: 24
Endurance: 27                  
Agility: 18
Intelligence: 13                  
Charisma: 15
Reactions from Good: -1 / Evil: +1
Hit Mods.: 14.212
Hit Points: 71                  
Healing Rate: 4.0
Power: 82      
Accuracy: +3
Carrying Capacity: 1,859 lbs. 
Basic HTH Damage:1d10      
Movement Rates: 56” ground
Detect Hidden: 10%
Detect Danger: 14%
Inventing Points: 10.4      
Inventing: 39%
Origin and Background: Synthetic Being
Legal Status: Wanted in the US on various charges.

Origin and Background: Proteus is a synthetic being created as part of an experimental weapons program using reverse engineered alien technology.

Combat Tactics/M.O.: During battle, he’s a flurry of motion, assuming one shape, and then suddenly shifting forms to something else.

Personality/Character Traits: Proteus exact motivations have yet to be reveled. He seems to amassing various technologies for some unknown purpose. The one constant theme in all of his crimes is that he seems to specifically target companies that specialize in developing artificial intelligence technology.

PLOT SEEDS

The PCs are called in to investigate a series of break-ins at hi-tech firms operating in the area. Very specific pieces of equipment, and software, are being targeting, and local law enforcement is baffled as to who the culprit(s) are. The PC's investigation will eventually lead them to Proteus, and his attempts to assemble artificial beings similar to himself.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2014 at 4:17pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #3 - May 23rd, 2009 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Minotaur

"You dare strike me"

Identity: Alcander the Strong
Aliases: Alcander the Brave
Place of Birth: New Avalon
Affiliation: Brute Force
Level: 6

Powers :
1. Mammal Powers:
a) Heightened Strength: +14.
b) Reduced Charisma: -6.
c) Speed Bonus: + 37" ground speed.
d) Natural Weaponry (Horns): +2 to hit, +4 HTH damage.
e) Heightened Senses (Smell): 3x normal % to detect Hidden/Danger.
2. Special Weapon: Thunder Blade: A 5’ long enchanted Battle Axe: +3 to hit, HTH+1d12 damage.
a) Dimensional Travel: By “cutting” through the veil of reality, Minotaur can travel freely between this reality, and his. Limited to two uses (charges) per day.
3. Body Power: Otherworldly Origin:
a) Shockwave Stomp: When he stomps with his hoof, a vibratory shockwave is produced along the ground, radiating out in a circle from the point of impact. It affects an area 5"x5". Any in the affected area must save vs. AGL, or loose your footing. Attacks as Vibratory Control. Inanimate objects in contact with the ground take damage as though they were struck by a vibratory attack.
b) Super Leap. He can leap 3 times his normal distance (I use a leaping rule suggested by Tim Hartman).
c) His final weight, END, and Power are doubled.
4. Regeneration: Can't regenerate fire damage.
5. Heightened Defense: -4 to hit while conscious and mobile.
6. Low Self Control: Berserker Rage: When struck by flame, or insulted about his looks, he must save vs. INT, or fly into rage. (I'll probably refine this later).

Weight: 650 lbs.
Basic Hits: 13
Agility Mod: -4
Strength: 28
Endurance: 36
Agility: 10
Intelligence: 12
Charisma: 6
Reactions from Good: -4/Evil: -4
Hit Mods.: 14.168
Hit Points: 182
Healing Rate: 14.3
Power: 172
Damage Mod.: -
Accuracy: -
Carrying Capacity: 8,304 lbs.
Basic HTH Damage: 2d10 
Movement Rates: 111” ground speed
Detect Hidden: 30%
Detect Danger: 42%
Inventing Points: 6.6
Inventing: 33%
Origin: Extra-Dimensional mythical being
Legal Status: Wanted in US, Canada, and the EU for various crimes, as well as his home world for treason.

Origin and Background: Minotaur is the former commander of his home world’s Royal Guard. When his plot to slay the Royal Family, during a coup, was discovered, he was forced to flee to our world. Now he waits until the day he can return and take his revenge against his enemies.

Combat Tactics/M.O.: In battle, Minotaur, is quite simply a beast. He’ll usually wade into the hick of it, smashing the strongest opponents he can find.

Personality/Character Traits: Brutish and warlike, he doesn’t really like humans, but tolerates them because he needs their help if he's ever to return home.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2014 at 10:06pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #4 - May 23rd, 2009 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Decimation

Identity: Casey Stone
Sex: Female
Place of Birth:
Known Relatives: Marc Stone (Father), Lindsay Stone (Mother)
Level: 7      
Training: Agility

Powers:
1. Death Touch: PR=20 (see rule book for complete power description).
2. Disintegration Ray: 56" Range, 1d20 damage, PR=2 per shot.
3. 2x Heightened Strength (B): +44.
4. Invulnerability: 18 points.
5. Telekinesis: Capacity 1,130lbs., 91" range, Speed of object movement 112", PR=1, +1 per turn per object controlled paid on her first action; costs an additional point of PR whenever something else is grabbed.
6. Mutant Power: Destructive Aura: 1d8 damage to anything with in a 1” radius of her body.
8. Weakness (Special Vulnerability): 2x damage from holy artifacts.

Weight: 125 lbs.
Basic Hits: 3
Strength: 56
Endurance: 16
Agility: 13
Charisma: 16
Reactions from: Good: -2/Evil: +2
Hit Mods.: (4)(1.8)(1.1)(1.3) = 10.296
Hit Points: 31
Healing Rate: 3.3
Power: 98
Damage Mod.: +1
Accuracy: +1
Carrying Capacity: 11, 076 lbs. 
Basic HTH Damage: 2d10      
Movement Rates: 85” ground
Inventing Points:  8.4            
Origin and Background: American, Mutant, former HS student
Legal Status: American citizen with duel British citizenship, currently wanted in the US, UK, and Canada

Origin and Background: Decimation is a 16 year old psi-sensitive female mutant that's been possessed by an alien entity. She was never very stable to begin with, and when her powers emerged, she completely went off the deep end. She nearly died during a suicide attempt, and during her recovery a extra-dimensional psionic entity took possession of her body. She’s clashed with Titan and the Protectors on several occasions.

Combat Tactics/M.O.:In combat she prefers to use her Disintegration Ray on flying opponents, or using her TK to throw objects at them. When engaged in HTH, she’ll try to pummel opponents with her strength, finishing them off with her Death Touch.

Personality/Character Traits: The entity has completely suppressed her natural personality. She’s cruel, vindictive and cruel, and enjoys inflicting pain on others. She should come as a nasty surprise to the PCs who may underestimate her because of her age.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2014 at 10:17pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #5 - May 23rd, 2009 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Thunderboy

"Ha, ha, ha, ha"

Identity: Ronald Masterson
Place of Birth: East Orange, New Jersey
Known Relatives: James Masterson (Father), Rebecca Masterson (Mother), Eric Masterson (Brother)
Level: 3
Training: Damage

Powers:
1. Lightning Control: R=28”, 2d8 damage, PR=4, no machine control.
2. Heightened Strength B Device: Asgardian Belt: +18.
3. Teleportation Device: Mystic Hammer: 2,300" Range. 14 charges.
4. Invulnerability Device: Asgardian Belt: 16 points.
5. Special Weapon: Mystic War Hammer: +3 to hit, HTH+1d6 damage. May be thrown up to “S” inches.
a) Flgiht: 117”
b) Sonic Powers: Thunder: Thunderboy’s Hammer may be used to create a deafening “Thunderclap” on impact. Attacks as Sonic Abilities. Damage = 2d8; 21 charges.
c) Double Carrying Capacity: While holding his hammer, Thunderboy’s carrying capacity is doubled.

Weight: 135 lbs.                  
Strength: 30
Endurance: 14                  
Agility: 9
Intelligence: 10                  
Charisma: 13
Reactions from Good: -1/Evil: +1
Hit Mods.:
Hit Points: 10
Healing Rate: 0.9
Power: 62      
Damage Mod.: -
Accuracy: -
Carrying Capacity: 3,834lbs.
Basic HTH Damage: 2d8
Movement Rates: 52” ground; 117” air
Detect Hidden: 8%
Detect Danger: 12%
Inventing Points: 3
Inventing: 30%
Legal Status: Duel citizenship, US/Norway. Wanted in both the US and EU.

Origin and Background: Ronald "Ronny" Masterson, or Thunderboy as he is now known, is quite simply put, insane. Given his powers by Loki, the Norse god of mischief, he's slowly lost his grip with reality. Basically Loki’s goal is to have Ronald run amok, causing as much havoc and destruction as possible. He knows that Ronald will eventually be stopped, but until then, he plans on sitting back to enjoying the show.

Combat Tactics/M.O.: Thunderboy’s primary tactic is to smash everything in sight. If confronted, he’ll lead off with a lightning bolt, and then begin swinging away with his hammer. He’ll use his teleportation to get behind his target, and strike them from the rear. He’ll use his “Thunderclap” to inflict collateral damage to the surrounding area, shattering glass, smashing buildings etc. He’ll then fling debris in every direction, until he tires, or becomes bored.

Personality/Character Traits: Ronald is basically a 15 year old mentally unstable sociopath with superpowers. His powers have severed whatever links he still had with humanity. He now lives for the next time he can inflict harm on others.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2014 at 12:40am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #6 - May 24th, 2009 at 6:58am
Print Post  
Here's The Yeoman, sort of a cross between Batmam, Green Arrow, Hawkeye, and Daredevil.

The Yeoman

"Look, you've got two ways out of this, the easy way, or the hard way. Personally I hope you go with door number two."

Identity: Randal Peterson
Side: Good
Affiliation: Independent Hero
Base of Operations:

Powers:
1. Willpower (A): PR=1 per use as a defense.
2. Heightened Attack: +7 damage
3. Speed Bonus: +50” ground speed.
4. Heightened Defense: -4 to be hit while conscious and mobile.
5. Heightened Agility (A): +12

Weapons:
Longbow: +4 to hit, HTH+1 damage, R=48”.
Billy Club:+2 to hit, HTH+1d4 damage.
Brass Knuckles: HTH+2 damage

Weight: 200 lbs.                  
Basic Hits: 4
Endurance: 17                  
Agility: 19
Intelligence: 11                  
Charisma: 23
Reactions from Good: +4/Evil: -4
Hit Mods.:
Hit Points: 18                  
Healing Rate: 1.6
Power: 64
Carrying Capacity: 507 lbs.
Basic HTH Damage: 1d8      
Movement Rates: 101” ground
Detect Hidden: 8%            
Detect Danger: 12%
Inventing Points: 7.7            
Inventing: 33%
Origin: Former criminal
Legal Status: US citizen, with a criminal record

Origin/Background: Randal is a former small time street hood, who at one point worked as muscle for supervillain. After watching the hero Strongbow sacrifice his life to save an innocent woman, and her child, he had change of heart and took up where the Bowman left off.

Combat Tactics/M.O.: In combat, he’s right in the thick of it. He’ll lead of with his bow, picking off anyone with a weapon, before jumping into finish off the rest with hand to hand attacks. And he’s definitely not afraid to take a couple of blows in the process. He receives as well as he dishes it out.

Personality/Character Traits: He's a little more hard edged than most heroes. While he won't kill, unless he's got no other choice, he's not above breaking a few bones, and cracking heads to make his point.

Rouges Gallery: Jack & Jill, Killshot, Four Winds Ninja Clan

Allies: Nightstalker

Additional Notes: The Yeoman is a “street level” hero for use in a low power, or slightly more gritty modern campaign. He’s not blood thirsty, but as pointed out, he’s more than happy to jump in and put the beat down on the local gang of thugs. The PCs, on the other hand may have serious problem with his methods. It’s up to the GM to determine exactly how he wants to integrate him into a game.

Some suggestions include having the local PD have reports of some new urban vigilante terrorizing the local street gangs. Or, if the game involves another street level hero, the to might “accidentally” stumble upon each other during a routine outing.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2013 at 2:58am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #7 - May 24th, 2009 at 7:00am
Print Post  
Apex

"I know you don't believe me, but you have to trust me."

Identity: Jason Goodman
Place of Birth: ?
Affiliation: Former member of the Guardians
Level: 11

Powers:
1. Willpower (A): PR=1 per hour for use as a defense.
2. Heightened Endurance (B): +22.
3. Absorption: Apex absorbs the damage produced by both Physical and Energy based attacks. The stored energy can be used to either boost his Strength to superhuman levels, or stored as additional Power. He’s vulnerable to magical and mental/psionic based attacks, as he’s unable to absorb them. The maximum amount of energy/damage he is able to absorb is = 4x his his base Power score. It fades at a rate of 1 point per hour.
4. Flight: 3441 mph. max speed. PR=1 per hour.
5. Adaption: PR=1 per hour
6. Force Field: PR=1 per 2 points of damage stopped.
7. Prejudice: Apex's people tried to conquer Earth not to long ago. As a result, he's mistrusted by large portions of the population, and has to work at proving himself.

Weight: 225 lbs.                  
Strength: 23
Endurance: 34                  
Agility: 19
Charisma: 25
Reactions from Good: (-4)/Evil: -4
Hit Mods.: 15.8004
Hit Points: 79
Healing Rate: 5.0
Power: 89      
Carrying Capacity: 1,751 lbs.
Basic HTH Damage: 1d10      
Movement Rates: 76” ground speed, 782” flight
Inventing Points: 11.7            
Origin: Alien
Legal Status: Currently being debated by the US government

Origin/Background.: Apex is a genetically engineered humanoid alien, who's people sent him on Earth, as an infant, hoping to gain knowledge of our planet for their planned invasion. But, their plans were ruined when he turned against them and sided with his adoptive world, during their recent invasion. Despite that fact many humans no longer trust him, and suspect his motives after learning of his true origin.

Combat Tactics/M.O.: In combat, Apex is usually one of the power houses. His absorption and force field allow him to soak up huge amounts of damage, while growing stronger in the process. He’ll try to position himself to take most of the punishment being directed at any other members of the group. Once his strength reaches a level he feels in sufficient, he’ll usually go after the biggest threat, using his strength to pummel his opponents into submission.

Personality/Character Traits: Until recently he was the poster child for middle American values, he as raised by his adoptive parents to believe in God, family and country, and that in the end the good guys always win. He’s deeply troubled by the revelation of his true origins and the fact that he was intended to be the a living weapon used against the people he’s grown to love. But, that hasn’t stopped him from doing everything in his power to protect those around him from harm.

Additional Notes: Which alien race either Apex belongs to is left up to the GM to decide. Other than his close friends, and teammates, people will react to him with extreme distrust. If the PCs have government contacts, he may be asked to leave from classified briefings, or to abstain from taking part in certain missions. GMs should play this aspect up and see how there players react to them showing up on the scene of say a train wreck, or tornado, and being booed because Apex is with the group.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2014 at 11:59pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #8 - May 24th, 2009 at 7:16am
Print Post  
Merlyn

"Be done with him, we can not afford to waste time dealing with this fool."

Identity: Merlyn
Base of Operations: Avalon
Level: 19
Training: Endurance

Powers:
1) Willpower (A): PR=1.
2) Weather Control Device: Magical Staff: See pages 18-19 for a full description of this power. 18 uses per day. 
3) Heightened Intelligence (A): +12.
4) Body Power: Retarded Aging: He has magically slowed his aging process.
5) Heightened Charisma (B): +13.
6) Pet: Talon: A Peregrine Falcon. Use the stats for an Eagle from page 46 of the rulebook.
7) Magic Spells:
a) Deflection: Save vs. Agility to deflect magical based attacks back at attacker. Only usable from front or side arcs.
b) Thunderbolt: Attacks as Lightning Control. PR=3, R=End x 2 (46”), 1d12 damage
c) Thunderclap: Attacks as Sonic Abilities. PR=4, R=End x 2 (46”), 1d12 damage
d) Fireball: Attacks as Flame Powers. PR=2 , R = End x2 (46“), 1d12 damage
e) Forget: Target must save vs. Int or forgets. R=Int, PR=variable (See table)

1 turn - PR=1
5 min - PR=3
1 hour - PR=5
1 day - PR=7
1 week - PR=12
1 month - PR=20
1 Year - PR=25

f) Sphere of Protection: Affects the user as though he were protected by a Force Field. R=Self, PR=1 per turn, +1 per two points of damage stopped.
g) Shrink: Unwilling targets must save vs. Endurance or be shrunken to 6” in height. R=Int, PR=3
h) Portal: Acts as Dimensional Travel. Special Requirement: Must use a normal doorway as a focus for this spell. PR=5
I) Flight: PR=1 per hour. 115“ (max speed is based on 5 x Endurance). 
j) Dispel Magic: PR=5* To successfully dispel a spell cast by another, he must successfully roll his inventing percentage, or lower, on 1d100 - the level of the individual who cast the spell. He may increase his percentage chance by spending additional power. For each additional point spent, he increases his chance to succeed by 5%.
k) Mirror Image: Creates up too six illusions of him. R=INT, PR=2.
l) Invisibility: PR=2 per hour.
m) Spirit Drain: Attacks Devitalization Ray, R=Int x 2 (52”),
n) Fickle Fingers: Drains 1d6 Agility. Target must save vs. Endurance to resist effects. Affected characters recover 1 point of Agility per hour. R=Int, PR=4
o) Shield: Defends as though it were force field. R=Int (26”)

Weight: 165 lbs.
Strength: 13
Endurance: 23
Agility: 16
Intelligence: 26
Charisma: 28
Reactions from: Good: +5/Evil: -5
Hit Mods.:
Hit Points: 30
Healing Rate: 2.4
Power: 78                        
Carrying Cap: 373 lbs.
Basic H2H Damage:1d8                  
Movement Rates: 52”ground
Detect Hidden: 18%
Detect Danger: 22%
Inventing Points:
Inventing: 78%
Origin and Background: English, mystical
Legal Status: N/A

Origin and Background: Not much is known about the past of the man simply known as Merlyn. Some have postulated that he may be a reincarnation of the Merlin of Arthurian myth, whether this is true or not remains to be seen, and Merlyn has done nothing to offer any clues to his origins.

Combat Tactics/M.O.: Merlyn prefers not to engage in direct combat, preferring to remain on the sidelines using his mystical abilities to support his comrades. He’ll usually target the most powerful opponents with either his Fickle Fingers, or Spirit Drain. If forced into a physical combat situation he will use immediately cast his Sphere of protection spell. He will do his best to disengage form his target cast either a Fireball, Thunderbolt, or Thunderclap spell.

Personality/Character Traits: When it comes to mystical threats, Merlyn is a force to be reckoned with. He’s  defended the Earthly plane for many decades, defeating an untold number of otherworldly threats. The problem is he lets everyone know it. To be honest, Merlyn comes across as a bit of an ass, as he has somewhat of a condescending attitude. It’s not unusual for him to belittle his fellow heroes, if he feels they are not meeting his exceptionally high standards. He doesn’t tolerate fools, or rashness. As a result, his personality tends to grate on those around him. It’s not unusual for him to expect to lead missions involving mystical threats, as “His many years of experience provide him with knowledge that others could hardly comprehend.” But, unlike many blowhards and loud mouths the heroes may encounter, Merlyn has the ability to back up his comments. When it comes to the mystical world, he’s not one to be toyed with.

Rouges Gallery: Morgan le Fey, Lord Pumpkin, The Sorceress

Additional Notes: Merlyn could be used as a powerful ally for any hero group. He could quite easily be integrated into any game, or scenario involving magic. His superior attitude could come as a bit a of a shock to the PCs, especially PCs who are used to running the show. GMs could use this to cause a bit of friction, having him go head to head with the team's leader if he feels the group is making a mistake (i.e. the GM wants to have a little fun at the players expense). This should be played up to the fullest, with the GM doing his best to undermine the group's leader by constantly having Merlyn make side remarks such as, "I suppose, this is the best I could expect when dealing with someone as inexperienced as you." Basically you want things to come to a head, and the PCs should have to force him to treat them as equals. Once they do, I'd suggest giving them an additional point or two of charisma for the effort.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2013 at 3:08am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #9 - Jul 6th, 2009 at 1:10am
Print Post  
Just to satisfy my curiosity, what do you guys think of the characters I've posted so far?
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2009 at 1:10am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #10 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
They're great!
My personal favorite is the Minotaur.

Thanks for sharing!

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #11 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
I love Thunder Boy!

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #12 - Jul 9th, 2009 at 12:20am
Print Post  
John wrote on Jul 8th, 2009 at 11:22pm:
I love Thunder Boy!

I might just put together a mini scenario for him.

YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #13 - Jul 22nd, 2009 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Jul 6th, 2009 at 1:10am:
Just to satisfy my curiosity, what do you guys think of the characters I've posted so far? 

They're great!  Love the write-ups, pictures, quotes, combat tactics, etc.     Smiley

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #14 - Aug 5th, 2009 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
MOONSHADOW

Identity: ?
Base of Operations: Japan, Asia

Powers:
1. Heightened Agility (B): +24.
2. Heightened Attack: +7 on all damage inflicted.
3. Heightened Defense: -4 to hit while conscious and mobile.
4. Heightened Expertise: +4 to hit w/Ninja Weapons.
5. Weakness Detection: 1 action to determine weakness, if any, and gain a +5 bonus. R=1".
6. Body Power: Shadow Melding: Due to his specialized ninja training, Moonshadow gains the benefits of invisibility when in dark shadows or areas without illumination (see page 14, Invisibility).
7. Heightened Senses: Danger Sense: 4x Detect Danger; Spatial Awareness: 4x Detect Hidden.
Weapons: Ninja-to (+2, HTH +1d6), Shuriken (+3, HTH +1, Range = S inches), Sai (+2, HTH +1d4, may be used to block opponents attacks, -4 to be hit in HTH if not attacking), Blowgun (+1, attacks as Chemical Attack, save vs. E, or affects as Paralysis Ray, Range = E inches). 

Weight: 175 lbs.
Endurance: 15
Agility: 34
Charisma:11
Reactions from: Good: - /Evil: -
Hit Mods.:
Hit Points: 41                  
Healing Rate: 7.2
Power: 80
Damage Mod.: +4
Accuracy: +7
Carrying Capacity: 427 lbs. 
Basic HTH Damage:1d6            
Movement Rates: 64” ground
Detect Hidden: 48%                  
Detect Danger: 64%
Inventing Points: 11.2                  
Origin and Background: Japanese, Master ninja assassin
Legal Status: Japanese citizen, with no criminal record.

Origin and Background: Very little information is available on the ninja known only as “Moonshadow”. He first appeared on the scene approximately five years ago, and restricted his operations to mainland Japan, where he reportedly carried out a number of murders for several warring Yakuza families. The only thing that is known, is that once he accepts a contract, he will not stop until that contract is fulfilled. Japanese police reports state  that witness saw him seemingly appear from nowhere in a crowded room, cut his way through several heavily armed body guards, kill his target, then “vanish” into the shadows.

Moonshadow is a highly skilled ninja assassin with several other abilities. He can cloud the minds of his targets, rendering them unable to detect his presence, until he is ready to strike. He can detect weakness in most physical structures allowing him to strike at the point that will do the most damage, and he can blend into the shadows allowing him to conceal his movements. His speed and accuracy with his weapons is almost superhuman. His agility is at peak human levels, and very, very hard to hit. He normally makes use of classic ninja weapons, smoke and flash bombs, poisons, and various gases. He is also an expert n disguising his identity. In the past he has appeared as a businessman, a poor farmer, a police officer, and a crippled old man.

Combat Tactics/M.O.: Moonshadow prefers to remain in the shadows, rarely if ever attacking an opponent  outright. He will observe his target for several days trying to gain information on him. If possible, he will assume the identity of a trusted figure (police, para-medic, etc.) so that he can get close to his target. Once he is within range he will use his weakness detection before striking. If all else fails, he also has access to several slow working poisons, that are designed to weaken his targets or powders that can blind them. Feel free to use your imagination when coming up with possible inventions.

Personality/Character Traits: Moonshadow is extremely loyal to his employers. Once he takes a contract, he will not stop until that contract is fulfilled.
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2013 at 3:55am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #15 - Aug 5th, 2009 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
CHIMERA

"It's far to late to beg for mercy."

Identity: ?
Affiliation: The Silent Brotherhood
Level: 6

Powers:
1. Heightened Intelligence (A): +9.
2. Heightened Agility (A): +14.
3. Weakness Detection: One Action to determine weakness if any, and gain a +6 bomus. R=1"
4. Heightened Attack(A): +6 damage.
5. Armor (B) Sneak Suit: ADR=98.
a) Heightened Senses (Sensory Net): 3x Detect Hidden & Danger
b) Invisibility: See pg. 14 for full description. (9 charges).
c) Clinging/Wall Walking: Special micro tubing in her boots and gloves allow her to cling to, and move on, most surfaces like a bug.
6. Special Weapon: Power Staff: +3 to hit, HTH +1d6 damage, carrier for Electrical Control attack. May be thrown like a spear; Range = 25"; Or collapsed, split in two, and used as fighting sticks. +2 to hit, HTH +1d4 damage. It can also be used to block/deflect incoming attacks. She must save vs. AGL to successfully block an attack from the front. PR=1 per an attack blocked. The maximum number of attacks she can block per turn = AGL/3.
7. Body Power: Immunity to poisons.

Weight: 130 lbs.
Strength: 13
Endurance: 15
Agility: 25
Intelligence: 19
Charisma: 12
Hit Mods:.
Hit Points: 14
Healing Rate: 1.2
Power: 72            
Damage Mod.: +4
Carrying Capacity: 240 lbs.
Basic HTH Damage: 1d       
 Movement Rates:  53” ground speed
Detect Hidden: 52%
Detect Danger:  18%
Inventing Points: 17.4      
Inventing: 57%
Origin and Background: Japanese/American
Legal Status: US citizen with no criminal record.

Origin and Background: Chimera is a former Yakuza assassin now employed as one of the Silent Brotherhood's primary operatives. She's rumored to have single handedly killed several dozen people during a strike on an opium warlord's jungle strong hold.

Combat Tactics/M.O.: In combat, she will remain invisible, to shield her movements, and strike at her opponents from every direction, trying to quickly overcome any defenses her target(s) may have. She'll be everywhere at once, using the walls, ceilings, windows, etc. to the best of her advantage. It's not unusual for her to leap on the ceiling, and suddenly strike you form above. If things are looking bad for her, she will look for the most accessible escape route. 

Personality/Character Traits: Cold, and calculating, she's known to take up to several months to plan out her strategy before striking. Once she's set on a course of action, it's extremely difficult for her to accept defeat.

Additional gaming notes: The Silent Brotherhood, and/or Chimera can easily be introduced into an on going game.  I’d suggest that GMs slowly drop clues to their existence over the course of several gaming sessions before the PCs have any direct contact with the group. After the first encounter, they can be used as a long term foe for either a group of characters, or a single character.

As for Chimera, she could have been hired by an organized crime group, that the PCs have had run ins with, or a martial artist could have run into her in the past. Either one would fit nicely with her background. Once the PCs manage to defeat her, she’ll make it her mission to seek revenge for her defeat at their hands.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2013 at 4:51am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #16 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
The Sorceress

"Little man, now you shall know the true meaning of pain."

Identity: Selena
Affiliation: The Dark Circle
Base of Operations:
Level: 11

Powers:
1. Heightened Charisma (B): +19.
2. Willpower (A): PR= 1 per hour for use as a defense.
3. Magic Spells:
a) Shadow Animation: This spell allows the character to animate his shadow or the shadow of another. Treat as a solid energy illusion. R = I x 2, RR=3 per shadow.
b) Shroud of Darkness: Acts as the standard Darkness power. R = I, PR=2
c) Acid Rain: A dark, menacing thunderstorm rapidly appears, producing highly acidic rain drops that burn on contact. Attacks as Chemical Power. 1d12 damage, R = Ix2, PR=8
d) Enthrall: Only usable against males. Only one command is given, "love me". Acts as the standard Mind Control power with the following modifications. R=C; Maximum number of targets that can be controlled is = to E+C/2.
e) Mystic Bolt: Attacks as Power Blast. R= E + I (31”), PR=3,
f) Spirit Drain: Attacks and acts as a standard Devitalization Ray attack. R = I x 2, PR=3
g) Invisibility: Acts as the standard Invisibility Power. PR=3 per hour, per person affected.
h) Enrage: Attacks as Emotion Control. Victims must save vs. I or become overcome with rage, lashing out against anyone within reach. PR=10, R=30”, maximum area affected = I in inches.
i) Inferno: The target is engulfed in a swirling cloud of mystical hellfire. Attacks as flame powers. R = 28”, PR  as per flame powers (A).
4. Animal Control: Rodents and Reptiles. See pg. 9 for a full description of this power.
5. Special Requirement: See Below

Inventions/Devices:
a) Ring of Protection: Her Ring provides her with 15 points of Invulnerability.
b) Potion of Immortality: Selena has managed to concoct a potion that prevents her from aging. While physically over 80 years old, she appears to be an attractive woman in her early 30's. The potion makes use of the blood of attractive young females. If she does not consume the potion on a daily basis, she will begin to age a very rapid state, until her body reaches its actual age. The blood of a normal human female will allow her to create enough of the potion to last approximately one month.

Weight: 135 lbs.                     
Strength: 9
Agility: 15
Intelligence: 17
Charisma: 30
Reactions from Good: -5/Evil: +5
Hit Mods.:
Hit Points: 8
Healing Rate: 0.9
Power: 53
Carrying Capacity: 160lbs. 
Basic HTH Damage: 1d4
Movement Rates: 38” ground
Detect Hidden: 12%
Detect Danger: 16%
Inventing Points: 2.9
Inventing: 54%
Origin: Eastern European,
Legal Status: Wanted in US and the EU for various crimes

Origin and Background: The Sorceress was born on the eve of WWI to a cabal of European witches. While many of her "sisters" were killed during the war, she managed to survive and immigrate to the west. Over the years she’s managed to amass quite a fortune, including many valuable antiques and arcane relics. Now the last of her kind, she’s doing whatever she deems necessary to extend her life.

Combat Tactics/M.O.: The Sorceress rarely engages in direct combat. Instead she’ll hang back, using various spells to help her more physically capable teammates.

Personality/Character Traits: Strong willed and intelligent, but vain and cruel, she thinks of nothing but her own personal pleasures, and how to prolong here unnatural life span. Her main weakness is the fear of old age, and the loss of her beauty, as she knows that with her passing that her bloodline will fade from existence.

Additional Notes: The Sorceress needs a constant flow of young females to keep her supplied with her immortality potion. Heroes could become involved after a series mysterious disappearances involving young women. She’s likely to have taken up residence in an area with large number of young women, say near a local college campus, or gained membership to a women's health club.

If a PCs is involved in law enforcement, he may be assigned to investigate one of the disappearances. Or he could be a reporter assigned to cover the case. A good way insert her into an ongoing game is for the GM could drop clues in the local news, over the course of several games. Have the players make a detect danger role to see if they pick up on the clues or decide to investigate on there own. Another option is to have local law enforcement or a family member of one of the missing girls ask for the players help in finding the missing girl.

One other note: I limit the maximum number of spells a character can have to their INT score. So if a character has an INT score of 15, that's the maximum number of spells they could use.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2013 at 4:26am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #17 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Nachteule

Identity: Max Kruger
Place of Birth: Bonn, West Germany
Base of Operations: Berlin, Germany                   
Level: 8      

Powers:
1. Heightened Agility A: +8.
2. Heightened Endurance A: +15.
3. Heightened Defense: -4 to hit while conscious and mobile.
4. Heightened Attack: +8 on all damage inflicted.
5. Heightened Senses Device: Night Vision Goggles
6. Weakness Detection:
7. Utility Belt: mini-cutting torch, Lock Pick Set, Mini flashlight, Handcuffs, radio, smart phone.
  a) Owl’s Crescents (Crescent Moon shaped throwing blades): +3 to hit, HTH +1 damage, R=A.  
  b) Collapsible Baton: +2 to hit, HTH+1d4 damage.
  c) Bola: +3 to hit, HTH+1d3, R = 26”
  d) Flash Pellets: Special Light Attack for Blinding damage. Attacks as Light Control)
  e) Tear Gas Pellets: R=S (15”), creates a 2”x2” cloud of gas. Affects last for 1d6+2 turns. Save vs. End or victims are at -4 to hit. Attacks as Chemical Attack
  f) Grappling Hook/Swing line: 44” of line. A save to use grappling hook.
  g) Mini-Rebreather: Acts as Life Support defense vs. gases. 30 min hour air supply.
8. Invention: Glider Cape: 78” air speed, must have air currents to gain altitude.

Weight: 180 lbs.                
Endurance: 27
Agility: 26
Intelligence: 15 
Charisma: 20
Reactions from: Good: +3 / Evil: -3
Hit Mods.:
Hit Points: 56 
Healing Rate: 3.2
Power: 81
Carrying Capacity: 532 lbs. 
Basic HTH Damage:1d8          
Movement Rates: 68” ground
Inventing Points: 8.8            
Background: German, former soldier and Border Guard, now president of a major private security firm, Sentinel Security Services., International.
Legal Status: German citizen, with no criminal record

Origin/Background: Max Kruger is the son a Army officer. His father, a stern man, instilled a strong since of justice in Max. After serving a short term in the German Army, where he excelled as a member of one of Germany's elite Long Range Scout Companies, Max entered into the law enforcement field as a Border Guard.

With the fall of the wall, and the collapse of the Soviet Union, Max saw a growing need for private security services, and soon left the Border Guards to form his own private security firm. Shortly after that, Max received devastating news, both his parents were killed by a group of criminals in the employee of the criminal organization CHAOS. Max, vowed revenge on those the criminals and terrorist he deemed responsible. Knowing that his activities could endanger the rest of his family, he choose to adopt a new identity, Nacheule, the Night Owl. Since then Nacheule has been the terror of the German criminal scene. They never when or where he will strike from.

Combat Tactics/M.O.: Max prefers thinking to fist fights. He will usually hang back using his weakness detection. When he finally does strike, he’ll  go after the most powerful foe first, leading off with either a tear gas or flash pellet. If things get to heavy, he has no problem with retreating to fight another day.

Personality/Character Traits: Max is very level headed and a thinker. He's an extensive reader, and speaks three languages (German, Russian, and English). He has a strong since of duty, and will always stop to help out someone in need. He’s very generous, donating large sums of money to charities he deems deserving. When not in his costumed identity, he can usually be found in his office digging through intelligence reports, or in the gym training.

*NOTE*

Thanks to "Major Adventure" and www.superbuddies.com/forum for the pic and the idea seed.
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2014 at 8:49am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #18 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Moved to another thread.
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2010 at 7:10pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #19 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 9:57am
Print Post  
SHRIKE

"Back off, or I'll gut her like a fish."

Identity: Ronald Frasier
Affiliation: The Flock 
Base of Operations: The Aerie
B]Level:[/B] 3

Powers:
1) Armor (B): ADR=106.
2) Wings (Device): +3 Agility, Flight speed = 2,448”; PR=1 per hour.
3) Bionics:
a) Computer Enhanced Reflexes: Heightened Agility:+19.
b) Computer Enhanced Sensory and Analytical Systems: +1 point damage per level: +3.
c) Synthetic Muscular System: Heightened Strength: +13.
d) Enhanced Telescopic Vision: 3x Detect Hidden.
4) Heightened Expertise: +4 to hit with his claws/talons.

Inventions:
1) Retractable Talons/Claws: +2 to hit, +4 damage.

Weight: 170 lbs.                         
Agility Mod:-                              
Strength: 25
Agility: 33
Intelligence: 15                            
Charisma: 9
Reactions from Good: - / Evil: -
Hit Mods.:
Hit Points: 46
Power: 78      
Healing Rate: 1.6   
Damage Mod.: +5
Accuracy: +6
Carrying Capacity: 1,447lbs.
Basic HTH Damage: 1d10
Movement Rates: 72” Ground, 2,448” Flight
Inventing Points: 2
Inventing: 45%
Origin and Background: Canadian
Legal Status: Canadian citizen, with an extensive criminal record.

Origin and Background: Ronald Frasier was a petty criminal who got in over his head. He’d taken up with a low level Canadian villain thinking it was his ticket to the big leagues. During a battle with a group of Canadian heroes, there was an explosion and his body was severally damaged. After multiple surgeries, and several years in prison, he was finally released.

With is disabilities, and criminal record, he was unable to find a job to support himself, and hit rock bottom. That’s when a mysterious man appeared and made him an offer. He’d make Ronald “better” than he was before, and allow him to seek revenge on those who had done this to him. All he asked in return was that Ronald be required to perform certain tasks, from time to time. Failure to comply with the request (or more accurately put, order) would result in him being returned to his previous state. Ronald accepted.

The man made good on his promises, and while Ronald is ordered perform certain tasks such as theft, the elimination of certain people, or the gathering of materials, he’s pretty much allowed to lead his life as he wants to.

Combat Tactics/M.O.: Shrike is a vicious HTH combatant. His high Agility score allows him to repeatedly land accurate blows. He’ll normally fly high above the fray, swooping in to attack targets of his choosing. If a target proves immune to his attacks, he’ll back off allowing someone else to step in, and move on to a new target. He’s not above wounding innocent civilians to distract the heroes, allowing him to make his escape. 

Personality/Character Traits: Ronald is fairly intelligent, and if he applied his brain power to getting an honest job, he would probably do well. Unfortunately, that’s not likely to happen. He’s not vicious, just petty and greedy, but, he’ll do what he feels he as to stay out of jail again.

Additional Notes: Who granted Shrike his powers, and what his motives are, is left up to the GM to determine.
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2013 at 5:47pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #20 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 10:08am
Print Post  
CHAR

"Now I'm gonna watch you !@$%^ burn!"

Identity: Terrence Lamar Jackson

Powers:
1. Armor (A): ADR=95.
2. Body Power: Magma Touch: Attacks & Defends as Flame Powers, R=Touch, 1d12 damage, PR=2.
3. Heightened Strength (B): +19.
4. Heightened Endurance (B): +12.
5. Tunneling: Char can superheat his body, allowing him to tunnel through solid materials. Max tunneling movement rate = (S + E/2)-SR of the material being tunneled through, or 28” per turn.

Weight: 400 lbs.                         
Basic Hits: 8
Agility Mod: -2                            
Strength: 31
Endurance: 26                            
Agility: 12
Charisma: 13
Hit Points: 82                            
Healing Rate: 6.4
Power: 82
Damage Mod.: +1
Accuracy: +1
Carrying Capacity: 6,478 lbs. 
Basic HTH Damage: 2d8             
Movement Rates: 66” ground, 28” tunneling
Detect Danger: 16%
Inventing Points: 11.2                
Origin and Background: African American, Career Criminal.
Legal Status: American citizen, with an extensive criminal record.

Origin and Background: Terrence Jackson is an African American male, and was a small time thief and street hustler, in Detroit, before his "little accident" gave him his powers.

Combat Tactics/M.O.: Char is a straight up brawler. He’ll do his best to close in on an opponent and grapple him, and use his “magma touch” to inflict as much damage as possible. If that fails he’ll try to ignite surrounding objects and through them at his foes.

Personality/Character Traits: Char is quite frankly a pompous ass and a bully. He's loud, rude and vulgar, and he’s been that way as long as he can remember, and the addition of super powers to the mix, just made his attitude worse.
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2013 at 4:20am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #21 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Tunneling! Nice use of Speed Bonus!

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #22 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
I assume solid materials are not things like Steel, super alloys or other such things.

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #23 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 17th, 2009 at 1:43pm:
I assume solid materials are not things like Steel, super alloys or other such things.

G7

Actually yes they're included. You subtract the material's structural rating from his movement rate, to simulate him heating the material up, and melting it. The stronger the material, the longer it would take him to burn through it.
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2009 at 4:43pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #24 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
I have been playing Champions for years, we kind of graduated to it from V&V. I originally thought to use this site for just a way to chat hero RP but I'm gonna dust off my V&V books and see if I can get my friends to play it again. 
Thanks guys!

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #25 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Oct 13th, 2009 at 6:08pm:
I have been playing Champions for years, we kind of graduated to it from V&V. I originally thought to use this site for just a way to chat hero RP but I'm gonna dust off my V&V books and see if I can get my friends to play it again. 
Thanks guys!

Good to see we've managed to motivate another former player to jump back into the fray.

YIM  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #26 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Awesome characters!!  I can't wait to see more.  I love Char!

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

eLock
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #27 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 1:20am
Print Post  
I really like all of the detail you've put into these. The art is great too!

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #28 - Nov 24th, 2013 at 4:44am
Print Post  
Bumping this up, as I'm making some modifications and cleaning up a few things.

YIM  
IP Logged

Marshal Strong
Teen Titan

\m/ All hail the Metal!

Reply #29 - Dec 1st, 2013 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Wow! Great character write ups. Very detailed. Makes all the characters seem more three dimensional. I love the tag lines.  A lot of personality reflected in just a few words. Yeoman's is my favorite.   I think "Char" is an awesomely cool name. Cool looks, I particularly like Thunder Boy and Bounty.  Were these commissions you had done?

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #30 - Dec 1st, 2013 at 12:04am
Print Post  
Marshal Strong wrote on Dec 1st, 2013 at 12:00am:
Wow! Great character write ups. Very detailed. Makes all the characters seem more three dimensional. I love the tag lines.  A lot of personality reflected in just a few words. Yeoman's is my favorite.   I think "Char" is an awesomely cool name. Cool looks, I particularly like Thunder Boy and Bounty.  Were these commissions you had done?

Not on this batch. All of the pics were found online. Thunderboy is the good folks over at Superbuddies.net, home to several current and former V&V players.

YIM  
IP Logged

>