Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Movies (Read 15257 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: Movies
Reply #105 - Jul 31st, 2010 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Went and saw Dinner for Schmucks last night with my son.  We both literally laughed out loud for much of it, and the rest of the theater was audibly cracking up for the majority of the movie as well.  It got applause after it was over, too.  It's a bit different than a lot of comedies in that it's kind of sad and bittersweet at times, but Steve Carell is beyond hilarious throughout!    Grin

IP Logged

MMCXII
Sidekick

We're only immortal for
a limited time

Reply #106 - Aug 1st, 2010 at 12:35am
Print Post  
John wrote on Jun 28th, 2010 at 7:43pm:
My wife and I saw Jonah Hex over the weekend.   We doubled the box office gross for that film.

I never understood what group of movie goers they were aiming to capture by making a Jonah Hex movie. Even in the low selling world of comic books, it's a totally niche title.

"The best place to start an adventure is with a quiet, perfect life...and someone who realizes that it can't possibly be enough." - Kevin J. Anderson

IP Logged

MMCXII
Sidekick

We're only immortal for
a limited time

Reply #107 - Aug 1st, 2010 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Jul 31st, 2010 at 4:34pm:
Went and saw Dinner for Schmucks last night with my son.  We both literally laughed out loud for much of it, and the rest of the theater was audibly cracking up for the majority of the movie as well.  It got applause after it was over, too.  It's a bit different than a lot of comedies in that it's kind of sad and bittersweet at times, but Steve Carell is beyond hilarious throughout!    Grin

I'm glad to hear that. I have read very luke warm reviews (which I always take with a grain of salt), but my wife and I both really wanted it to be good since we like the actors in it. Given your review, we'll probably go see it this week.

"The best place to start an adventure is with a quiet, perfect life...and someone who realizes that it can't possibly be enough." - Kevin J. Anderson

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #108 - Aug 9th, 2010 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
The Scott Pilgrim trailer looked fun. Tron trailer looked amazing.

The American has a great retro movie poster.

Little Fockers is coming out this Christmas.

Jackass 3D is an idea whose time has come.

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #109 - Aug 14th, 2010 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is out this weekend.  I might see it tomorrow night. If anyone sees it before then, please share your thoughts.

Michael Cera is usually great, you got the comic loving geekism, some 1960's TV Batman style lettering (Pow! Oof!) welded into the live action... I'm hopeful.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools

>