Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Online Game (Read 14883 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Online Game
Sep 3rd, 2009 at 10:23am
Print Post  
I am moving some of the posts from the welcome thread to here.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Re: Welcome Everyone!
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Just to play a V&V game.
Maybe possibly eventually run one.
It would probably be old school V&V since I really don't know the newer styled systems that well (Though I have lots of the stuff that was avalible downloaded).

Does anyone ever play with the old system (2ndEd) still? or does everyone play with a modified one?

Are there still places online where you can get the dice rolls done randomly instead of breaking out my multihued dice of old?

...and I guess the biggest question is... Is anyone interested anymore with playing an online RPG?

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Aug 30th, 2009 at 9:17pm:
Does anyone ever play with the old system (2ndEd) still? or does everyone play with a modified one?

A lot of use use house rules, but all of the characters posted here use the standard 2e rules.

Are there still places online where you can get the dice rolls done randomly instead of breaking out my multihued dice of old?

Yep, just google dice roller.

...and I guess the biggest question is... Is anyone interested anymore with playing an online RPG?

I'm playing in DF's online game, but I could squeeze in a second game.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
I play with lots of house rules.  Click on the "Meanwhile at the hall of Justice" picture for a link to my house rules page.

IP Logged

Dr. wierd
Apprentice

with great responsibilities
come great power

Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2009 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
i would love to play again i GM'ed a few rt time games but been awhile since i played

YIM  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2009 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
I'd be open to playing in a game!!

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2009 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Cool.
Let me sit on this.
Maybe we can all toss some things around... see what works for us.
Then we can formulate a plan for the type and way we would play (Just grease up the engines before we actually turn her over... so to speak).
No sense rushing into it to fast.

I personally am torn between choosing a game of new inexperienced heroes and ones that are experienced...

The best thing about inexperienced heroes is... The world is fresh, shiney and new. They probably know about superheroes... might have even seen one. But they aren't part of the nuts and bolts of those modern day gods... plus it gives the players an opportunity to get to know one another and they also learn to move as a team (Barring someone's initiative isn't so high they beat everyone up before the others can get out of the hovercraft or land).

The best thing about experienced is they have a little history. They tend to be a tad bit more gung-ho about combat... their powers are pretty secure at that time... plus experience players don't have to "Dumb down" about the use of their abilities, they usually have a rep of some sort as opposed to being total noobs. It is rare they MIGHT be mistaken for a possible foe/criminal.

I am sure there is more for both... I tend to lean towards new... since that is a nice slow way to do the game.

Just my thoughts... what do you all think?

G7

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #7 - Sep 1st, 2009 at 11:33am
Print Post  
I'm happy either way but am also leaning toward newbies. Nice way to learn the universe through their eyes.

What are your thoughts for character generation:
-Random rolls, in the chaotic fashion of V&V?
-Designed
-Using the templates that have been posted here?

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #8 - Sep 1st, 2009 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Just a few thoughts:

The comment on Google Dice (which I had no idea existed) brought up a thought. I play World of Warcraft a lot, and our guild uses software called ventrilo. It allows everyone to talk online for basically free (small fee for server space). The quality is as good as a phone and once again, it's pretty much free. Can't everyone get together on ventrilo and together with google dice, or similar program, play together?

Also, might want to move this thread into it's own before it gets rather bulky and stuff.

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #9 - Sep 1st, 2009 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Great Idea Paul.
Can you shift the entire conversation and give it a title?

V&V RPG proposal (as a possible name).

I'll wait before I post more for you to slide this into a section/posting of it's own.

G7

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #10 - Sep 1st, 2009 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
I'll let john decide if he wants to move, and to where. Plus he's done it before so he knows how to do it lol.

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #11 - Sep 1st, 2009 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
I was waiting for you! 

Ok I will try it out tomorrow.

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #12 - Sep 3rd, 2009 at 8:37am
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 1st, 2009 at 11:50pm:
Ok I will try it out tomorrow.  

You big tease!
Wink

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Re: Online Game
Reply #13 - Sep 3rd, 2009 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Cool. Now we got a place to discuss this.

I have already taken the time and made a chat room in the RPGing section of OMG IRC . com [ oh my god internet relay chat ] . It is a decent system that has been around for a long time. You can alter the fonts and the size of them (IF indeed we consider chat play).

For dice I would probably use this - http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm
It is from TSR/Wizards of the Coast. I think they stand out nicely and all the dice are at my fingertips (I tripped across them searching for a RPG chat room there. They used to have really good ones with dicebots right in the rooms, but alas it seems they are gone now).

Anyhow... that is the basic setup.

Far as character types... I'd say newbies too.

For World. I'd say the ones from the Modules (My favorite - though in my case it would be slightly modified).

Rules might be the hard part. I pretty much stick with the VV 2E rules, We can modify whatever we need to. Though for me, most of it works well enough.

We probably need to discuss character creation. First would probably be. Do we keep it hush? PM the GM with the characters and they can do a basic description or just out in the open (Either works for me... as you have to dumb-down your character anyhow). Hidden can be fun.

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #14 - Sep 3rd, 2009 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
OK, I'm up for this, if anyone else is. I'm going to vote for newbies, as I think with a new game, it allows the greatest grow of the characters, and allows the GM to make changes as the game develops.

Now we need to decide on some basic ground rules, such as character creation, house rules that are in effect, etc. etc.

YIM  
IP Logged

Dr. wierd
Apprentice

with great responsibilities
come great power

Reply #15 - Sep 4th, 2009 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
I agree with you DS on Newbies that way you can make a better chemistry among the players and let things develope Grin

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #16 - Sep 4th, 2009 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
So, do you guys want to go with random generated, templates, or player designed characters? I've got an idea for a player designed character, named Wildstar, but I'm waiting for us to decide what we want to do. G7, as you'll be ram roding this, what would you feel more comfortable with?

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #17 - Sep 4th, 2009 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
If I am allowed to GM this. These are my ideas.

CAMPAIGN TYPE:
It's a 4color game - so everyone are superheroes.

Characters with claws, swords, guns or other such weapons (especially if used ultra violently) are probably going to have a hard time. (Though I can make due with it, since both Enforcer and Evergreen have those, but use them sparringly)

Lethal characters are another story. Sometimes there are situations where being lethal is necessary (Demons, robots, utter psychos that give you no choice), but I would like to steer clear of that (Those kinds of characters cause me a lot more work and take away from my side of enjoying a game).

CHARACTER GENERATION:
Far as rolling up characters. Frankly I don't want anyone to outshine the other PCs (too much)... although I do want the PCs to stand out (if they can).
Not sure how that translates for rolling purposes or generating characters.

I guess I could allocate points (for attributes) and allow you to custom build your characters.
No rule raping... like giving yourself a 5 charisma to allot more points into other attributes, you must at the very least get "no reaction bonus on the chr chart)... so nothing below an 8 on Chr.

BASIC HITS:
If you character weighs 10lbs over 150 lbs, I round that up to "4" basic hits (cause everyone needs every hp they can get).

POWERS:
If you have a sound idea. I will be more than happy to hear it, most likely I won't have a problem with it.

We can do it this way as well, so far as powers are concerned. I'll allow you 4 powers with one weakness (-1 power to remove auto-weakness)

Otherwise I can roll it on my end and we can do it the standard way, 1d6 + 2 (-1 power to remove auto-weakness).

I probably don't have to state this... but I am sure you guys know that certain power combinations are kind of unfair... like Hgt Str and Gravity/Magnets etc.

Origin/Background is wholly up to you. If you want to say that you have fought a few armed criminals, that is fine with me.
Your occupation is up to you as well. Just have a sound reason for having it.
Inheritor is fine as well. (I just hope everyone doesn't take it). For this I will need a bit of background on the what's, where's and how's.

WORLD:

How we initially start out is really determined by the amount of PCs we get. Though I probably won't accept over 5 (at this time).

I would like this world to feature the Crusaders in it and eventually in your PC's lives.

Backdrop is Manhantten, NY.
They have the Crusader Citadel (Though there is no Space Shuttle... sorry) and are in great standing with both the Goverment and the NYPD (law).

With the Crusaders. You all will get six team members to start off with (don't worry.. they have lives, jobs, buisness, school, etc. They can't all always be there hoggin the glory. LOL).

Little something on the CRUSADERS:
All of the Crusaders now have ability scores of 14 and higher. Partially due to training. You can see (listed below) they have different levels at the start of this game than they do in the Adventure: CaCC.

I'm leaving them at the level to reflect their experience as heroes (I don't think this is a biggie as their hp were so low on some of them that it was bordering on ridiculous - Particularly Laserfire).

I would like it if you tried to configure your character's  powers/abilities around those that the six have, them being;

Manta Man 6th: Lightning/aquatic super-suit (does not knock out armor for those who want it)
Evergreen 6th: Plant control (plus a mutation involving that).
Enforcer 5th: Force Fields/Guns (ugh).
Dreamweaver 4th: Illusions/Telekinsis/inviso
Laserfire 3rd: Lasers (Who I altered and gave him flight and Hgt Senses. Which is how it is on his "handy-sheet" I have)
Blizzard 2nd: Ice powers (Though I took away his vibratory powers and left him the ability to pass through objects).

Of the Crusaders.
Evergreen is around almost all the time.
Blizzard is pretty open and avalible a lot.
Enforcer is next (and he is Co-leader).
Manta Man can get away when he wants (just not always quickly).
and finally, Both Laserfire and Dreamweaver have school schedules.

FOES:
Though I realize probably all of you know the powers and stats of the foes in the V&V material pretty good. I am going to keep mine the same as my initial write ups of them.
Some have changed drastically. Others haven't (Nearly all of their origins are extended).

I do have a list of the villains (Known villains) that probably make the headlines or are news worthy enough.

I have a similar list for the heroes as well. Some I had to make up. Though most all the heroes in the states are what I call "News worthy".

ORGANIZATIONS:
There are a lot around. Though it isn't very likely that the PCs before they became heroes would know anything about them.

Well. That is some of it.
Let me know what you think.

Cya
G7

IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #18 - Sep 5th, 2009 at 2:30am
Print Post  
Interesting thoughts about weapons and charisma, and your worldview of the game. You seem to echo the "act like a hero" spirit laid out in the rules.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2009 at 2:38am by SuperFriend »  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #19 - Sep 5th, 2009 at 4:09am
Print Post  
Well I have always been of the mind that a smart hero can save the day.
Anyone can degenerate to simple violence. Most Bricks could just dig in and start throwin it down. But if they are heroes they are going to do everything possible to ensure not only that whatever menace/threat is stopped... but be mindful of the publics' safety and well being (which includes their property - I know I wouldn't be real happy if John threw my truck at some bad guy... getting the possible cheers afterwards... I am still out my truck. At least if a villain threw my truck... well he is a bad guy... they do that. Besides I am sure my insurance will cover it.

Anyhow... yeah I like heroes.
Dark Champions is a game for shady champions.
Villains and Vigilantes is for heroes.

At least in my mind.
G7

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #20 - Sep 5th, 2009 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Got a character idea for an ice powered super scientist: Professor Fahrenheit!

Should I back off of ice powers because Blizzard will be in the PC's lives?

Thanks.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #21 - Sep 5th, 2009 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
As far as stats goes, here's an idea, each character would have 60 points to "spend" on his characteristics, with no stats below an "8". Sound good to everyone?

As far as the character I'd like to play goes, it's a guy named Wildstar.

Wildstar

Identity: Marcus Wright            
Side: Good                   Sex: Male
Age: 24                        Level: 1                  
Training: N/A

Powers:
1. Power Blast: R=13", 1d20 damage, PR=1
2. Flight: PR=1 per hour. Max speed = 168 mph
3. Independence from Atmosphere (and old first edition power).
4. Force Bubble: Act as standard Force Field Defense. PR=1 per to points damage.
5. Special Requirement: Must be exposed to stellar radiation to recharge his powers.

S:12
E: 14
A: 12
I: 12
C: 10

Weight: 170
Basic Hits: 4
Carrying Cap: 266 lb.
Basic HTH: 1d6

Power: 60
HP: (10)
(1.2)(1.4)(1.1)(1.3)
Healing Rate: 0.3
Detect Hidden: 10%
Detect Danger: 14%
Damage Bonus: +1
Agility Bonus: +1

Origin/Background: Marcus is an African American male, from Chicago, IL. A graduate student, he was accidentally exposed to a massive dose of radiation, which triggered his latent mutant abilities. Known for being a hothead, he's a  quick tempered, and tends to rush into things without thinking them all the way through.

I'll hold off on stats until we can decide on how they'll be generated.
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2009 at 5:15pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #22 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 4:54am
Print Post  
If you have your heart set on an Ice character I won't try to convince you not to make him.

I should probably say now that what I said early about making a character around the Crusaders abilities was a suggestion. It is not a rule. I do not feel that have two characters on the same team with similar abilities takes away from anything.
The only place that rule seems to be offically in place is within the confines of comics.
If you want a charcter with that ability you are welcome to it.

Back in one of my side campaigns for V&V I ran a second group. One wanted fire powers and it didn't matter to him or to me that Laserfire had that ability. It didn't detract from play. Heck in many cases it was rather handy. There was even differences in their fire powers and the way they used them.

Two ice powered chara? Imagine the lives the two of them could save. Heck in just fire fighting alone they could be an unbeatable team. Same applies for floods, tidal waves, molten whatever... the two working togather could easily accomplish more than if they were the ONLY ones.

So bring Professor Fahrenheit into the fold.

Wildstar sounds like a GREAT character. I usually bring in a spacey chara if no one makes one up just because they handy to have (particularly with some of the modules/adventures).

I TOTALLY redesigned the Crusader Citadel. Was actually thinking of adding a lower level to it. Not sure yet (Though in my game they always had two other levels below it that they never used - except for storage).

I would like to do an exterior shot of it. Though in many ways it looks like Marvel's Champions' building with the C on all four sides of the topmost floor.

Since no one has posted an objection, I assume that Manhantten NY is a decent place to base the campaign.

Just so everyone knows. There are two (rarely three) other heroes that operate within the confines of the NY/NJ area and are known or vaguely so.

Lightning Fist (Urban crime fighter).
Ebony Angel (Wanted by the NYPD, but also known as a heroine/Urban crime fighter).
Starlight who is a reserve Crusader and has been seen working side by side with both the Justice Patrol and the Guard (She is the Starfire looking girl from the backcover of the V&V 2nd Ed manual, along side roaming hero MysteryMan/Volcano Man whom she has teamed with many times).

California has a stable of recognizable heroes. Formost being L.A.'s the Justice Patrol. Which consists of Blue Knight, Empress, Captain Cold, Archangel (All featured in images from the FORCE modules), Psistorm (from ASN), Pulsar and Smasher (Both from the Most Wanted Vol 3).
There base is known as Liberty Hall. It is a glass and steel tent shaped building with busts of older retired heroes.

It should be noted that this world has a prominent science organization called World Labs. You will become familiar with it (As well as the many MANY other companies and organizations of the V&V UNIVERSE - such as Manning Enterprises).

Skyhawk roams the skyways of San Francisco along with sometimes partner...
Unicorn - The super fast tough heroine.
Both these heroes are reserve members of the Justice Patrol.

Vibron and Shatterman both call Chicago home (and yes... both are good guys - matter of fact though this is not public knowledge. Vibron is a reserve member of the Crusaders).

There are 9 goverment heroes.
Three are publically known as the Guard
Meganaut
Imperial
Telecomm

The other six are
A robotic hero named Steel (formerly a foe and soviet seeker of asylum).
Molecule Man (Little known body altering hero). Seen mostly in Wash DC
Vortex (Female heroine with wind powers) Seen often enough in Wash DC.
the reformed Trickshot (A texan Gunslinger from Most Wanted vol 1). Primarily seen in the Texas area.
Resonator (Man in an armor). Seen a lot in the Atlanta, Georgia area.
Epsilon (some sort of telepath who is sometimes is seen hanging out with Canadian heroine Serena). Seen a bit in California and oddly enough Arizona and Texas.
Little is known about these six. They basically go in and do what needs to be done and leave almost as quickly and usually have nothing much to do with the press.
Five have worked with or have connections to the Guard in the past though (Except Resonator).

There is a mysterious, sometimes heroine called Maxima in the Florida area with super strength.

There is a flying heroine named Wondra from the Philly area that hasn't been seen in nearly a year.

There are a few more. But most of these are so mysterious that they are unknowns.

G7

« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2009 at 5:09am by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #23 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 7:52am
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 6th, 2009 at 4:54am:
The only place that rule seems to be offically in place is within the confines of comics.

That makes it pretty official in my estimation. Smiley
I'll think some more.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #24 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 8:54am
Print Post  
California has a stable of recognizable heroes. Formost being L.A.'s the Justice Patrol. Which consists of Blue Knight, Empress, Captain Cold, Archangel (All featured in images from the FORCE modules)

I do believe our good Dr. Foom, has more than a passing knowledge of Capt. Cold, and his adventures, as well as the other characters from the FORCE and ASSASSIN modules. Wink Cheesy
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2009 at 8:55am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #25 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Not exactly sure what that means.
Was he the writer/artist of it?

If so. What was the name of the character I call Blue Knight? (armored guy with axe).

Also. If anyone has Break in at Three Kilometer Island I would like you to PM me.

I think the 60 pt (Attribute min: 8) do as you please system of making a character is a good one. Go to town guys.

I have a questions and answers sheet about your characters to give me just a tad bit more insight. I will try to get that up.

Cya
G7

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #26 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 10:48am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Sep 6th, 2009 at 8:54am:
California has a stable of recognizable heroes. Formost being L.A.'s the Justice Patrol. Which consists of Blue Knight, Empress, Captain Cold, Archangel (All featured in images from the FORCE modules)

I do believe our good Dr. Foom, has more than a passing knowledge of Capt. Cold, and his adventures, as well as the other characters from the FORCE and ASSASSIN modules. Wink Cheesy

Captain Cold was a soviet defector originally named Comrade Cold. Origin Type: Designed (by the USSR). Ice Powers Device and Heightened Attack.

Archangel had Transformation: Power Activation through a Magic Sword. Noncorporeal, Wings, Power Blast. Supernatural origin.

Empress had Flame Powers and Invulnerability. Don't recall her origin type.

Blue Knight was an NPC hero who didn't like vigilantes too much. He was a cop with powered armor.

All characters copyright their creators!
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2009 at 10:48am by Doctor Foom »  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #27 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 6th, 2009 at 10:46am:
I think the 60 pt (Attribute min: 8) do as you please system of making a character is a good one. Go to town guys.

Cool. What bonus do you give for a "Heightened' stat power like Heightened Intelligence? Thanks.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #28 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 10:59am
Print Post  
So how you guys going to play?  With webams and mics?  By email?    Can you explain the details to a dimbulb like myself?

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #29 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Cool. Captain Cold was from Russia? I toyed with that idea and possibly making him some relation of General Winter from "Trouble for Havoc".

Those four characters were some of my favorite rendered hero characters featured in any of the art blurbs of the V&V modules.

They were some of the best designs by Dee I think. His later ones (particularly the bird guy from the Crusaders comic) seemed clunky in design compared to his more fluid earlier work.

I think his Manta Man design is absolutely flawless.

G7

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #30 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 11:40am
Print Post  
I could whip up the Dice roller from WotC/TSR site and do a roll for your character.
That is probably the easiest solution.

John.
Well I have a chat area set up in http://www.omgirc.com/ for Villains and Vigilantes (I wrote Villains as Villians when I made the room and locked it).

I figure at some point we could use that to play the game. I am an extremely fast typist (with a few mistakes here and there) so get it to you guys is fairly simple. PLUS. It will help organize and it means we could possibly put out our minutes of gameplay (possibly edited minorly) out in story fashion. Could be fun for others as well (Who might enjoy reading it).

I am probably going to use Photobucket or something similar to host images for the game (Like maps etc).
It might make movement tricky playing it this way. But so long as I know your intentions. It shouldn't hopefully be all that difficult.

Most important factor is turns. Making sure everyone sticks and waits for that time to use the chat system.
Then once a fight is done we can discuss it. What works what doesn't.

G7

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #31 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 6th, 2009 at 11:40am:
Making sure everyone sticks and waits for that time to use the chat system.

So the game would be live, everyone playing at the same time online?
Sorry to be obtuse.

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #32 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Here's another thought, if this works for the GM:

Manta Lad! (teen sidekick / ward of Carter Manning a.k.a. Manta Man!)

Side: Good                  
Sex: Male
Level: 1                  
Origin Type: Designed
Costume: Same as Manta Man's, but different color scheme (ala Speedy)

Powers:
1. Wings Device
2. Life Support Device
3. Lightning Control Device
4. Heightened Intelligence (not a device. Born incredibly smart, and tutored by Manta Man after MM saved his life)
5. Weakness: Teen Sidekick:
              a) Not taken seriously by most adults (eg.: couldn't ever be the leader of a team of adult superheroes, regardless of his Intelligence, Charisma or ability)
              b) Carries Sense of Duty toward mentor, must do anything he asks
              c) Mentor's villains (usually a higher level than sidekick) interested in harming/kidnapping sidekick as way to get at Mentor
              d) Costume/name/motif/new powers are dictated by Mentor's motif
              e) Sidekick can never exceed Mentor's level, charisma or intelligence as long as Mentor is active.
              f) Minor: Can't legally drive, drink, or work at a decent-paying job and is therefore usually Broke
              g) Reduce weight from rolled result by 5 lbs. for every year below 20 that the sidekick's age is. (25 lbs. here)      
              h) Undisciplined: Teen doesn't get Heightened Int or Cha bonuses as a defense against mind control, emotion control, etc.
              i) Only one Area of Knowledge to start with. If you have a skill system, he starts with less skills than normal.
              j) Anything else the GM thinks up.
(Note: Teen Sidekick may reduce or eliminate one of these with Level Trainings as he "grows up" )

G7: Please roll the Heightened Intelligence and I'll build out a sheet and background write up, if this concept isn't too crazy. Like Robin in the Teen Titans, the idea is that Manta Lad will work/train in the new team, not the Crusaders.
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2009 at 3:36pm by Doctor Foom »  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #33 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Yet another thought:

In a world already populated with many known, experienced heroes, it might be interesting to make a team theme or hook.

Examples:

a) All aliens or from alternate civilization (The Inhumans, The Eternals, The New Gods, etc.)

b) All share the same origin event. This could mean related superpowers (The Elementals) or just matching costumes (Fantastic Four)

c) All teenagers! (see character sheet above). In this example, Wildstar could be the nephew or son of Annihilator. Cheesy

d) All with same kind of origin, which ties them together.  (All mutants, like the X-Men.)

e) All are family! (The Incredibles, the Inhumans, etc.)

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2009 at 3:22pm by Doctor Foom »  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #34 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Doctor Foom wrote on Sep 6th, 2009 at 3:16pm:
c) All teenagers! (see character sheet above). In this example, Wildstar could be the nephew or son of Annihilator. Cheesy

Thoughts?

Not sure about making him Annihilator's nephew, but I could easily rework his background to make him a HS student. A kid with a chip on his shoulder. I'll whip something up, including a full blown character sheet tomorrow, as I've got a 12 hour shift tonight. If it's anything like the last two nights, there will be a boat load of dunks out and about.

YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools

>