Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Online Game (Read 14880 times)
Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Re: Online Game
Reply #35 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
I'd rather skip the teen and teen sidekick thing. Though I love the Titans and all of them as sidekicks to their mentors (Especially Barry and Wally).

I more plan to run a game that actually involves the Crusaders. Maybe eventually we could derail and do sub-games (and possibly introduce younger heroes). But as I see it now, I would rather stick to the center of my initial concept.

I'd love to see Wildstar's full stats and abilities (your initial write up works very well for me, though Enforcer has Force Field and I‘d rather not have two field wielding heroes on the same team).
Now if the concept is for Wildstar being a relation of the Zorn alien; Annihilator. There is a standard problem with a character like that. He will have knowledge/access of/to advanced alien technology (and how it is used), other alien species and alien societies. This can make a game imbalanced if the character can actually make “alien technology“ (for possibly too many reasons to relate in this post).
Though with Annihilator having been banished, I wonder what reason the “nephew” would have to track his “uncle” down (other than possibly suspecting that he may come back to threaten the Zorn Society), Now if Annihilator had escaped persecution… that would be a wholly different story.

If you do have plans to attach  any character you make to an established character, Such as any of the heroes I listed in the earlier post or the villains from the various supplements. We need to work out the bugs of that. Cause remember, we all have had a LONG time to establish who and what those characters are (to us). I had a long V&V campaign to back-story these characters and there might be a chance that my concept of said character is not exactly the same as what is listed or what you all did with them.

Far as origins of powers go. There is a concept I have that explains powers (across the board, including magic and omni-powerful beings like the Gods). But I will save that for some later date in a game.
The themes although wonderful ideas (you have an incredible imagination... you were geared for stuff involving super heroes or anything that involves imagination), kinda fall flat with the involvement of the Crusaders. UNLESS... your talking about all the players... having a similar theme/origin, then becoming involved with, members of the Crusaders.

Using the Crusaders as a backdrop gives the players resources to use, a haven to be in and backup if needed.

I am also not adverse to playing solo games (Between adventures) with people providing we can get through the first game unscathed (LOL) and making sure the system is playable in that format. It would also allow for PCs to develop their own rogues (thus possibly adding members eventually to the Crushers).

Hgt Int (A-B) Roll. I did two, (A: 2d10) one was +9 (ugh), the other (B: 3d10) was +17 (better).

You guys really don’t HAVE to be dependent on me to roll your characters (Though I like the 60pt attribute concept). Doing a game this way means we have to use a trust system. It would probably go a lot faster if you just simply rolled up the Heightens yourselves. Though I can go through and do a few rolls for each type (Hgt. A-B’s) and post them easily enough.

G7

IP Logged

SuperFriend
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #36 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Here's something I tried out back in the day. Use it if you'd like. Discard if if you don't like.

I basically said the Crusaders were permanetly weakened/powerless after escaping from the Crushers in that amazing first module. The new team of heroes could step in as Crusaders--fueled by Manta Man's resources--but their own team just the same. They moved into the citadel.

It allowed the characters to officially join the Crusaders, but prevented the NPCs from becoming the focus of the campaign.

Ultimately Evergreen married Shocker, Enforcer became an international agent (with his super-guns but sans force field), and Laserfire, Blizzard, and Dreamweaver moved forward with their lives.

Manta-Man stuck around, but often had his own invetigative work going on.
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2009 at 10:34pm by SuperFriend »  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #37 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 12:31am
Print Post  
It is a cool concept.
I can see the practical use of doing that.
Though the Crusaders rarely stole the limelight... and when they did it was only because their powers were the ones that proved undeniably useful (if they hadn't been around the stories might have turned out quite differently).

Though I had Manta Man as the leader. They worked as a team. Suggestions from the other team mates were rarely over-ruled or overlooked by Manta Man.
For me... the PCs are the center of the game.
One player developed a relationship with Dreamweaver.
Most times Manta Man was busy with Manning Enterprise business. So that kinda left who headed the team open. It was kind of a catch all. Whoever had experience in whatever they were investigating, pursuing or whatever took the forefront
My players never minded that Enforcer would take the lead in espionage type situations, anymore than they did when things got all magical and turned to Evergreen or Sister Indigo or the PC Wraith. There were plenty of times when it came down to simple knuckle busting and the Brick Titan would take the lead. It is all circumstantial.
I think NPCs add to a campaign. Not take away from it. As stated the three that tended to be involved the most were Evergreen (lived at the Citadel), Blizzard (a budding artist with a lot of free time, where he did a lot of his work at the Citadel) and Enforcer (in my game he is now a Private Investigator), these members are not my first picks mind you. But their circumstances made them more avalible for "LET'S GO TEAM!" missions.
The others would join when they could. Laserfire was usually able to reach destinations pretty fast since I took away his flame powers (which is what he used for flight and it is WAY slower) and actually switched it up to the Flight power, but occasionally he got lost trying to find them (if he didn't know the area he was in - doesn't make him dumb... just human).
So I just plan on keeping the team intact. As it seems now by my counting... I will only have three players (making the team count 9. That is a good number.
The membership of the Crusaders near the end of my campaign measured at like 17 active/active-reserve.
5 PCs occasionally 7.

Manta Man
Evergreen
Enforcer
Dreamweaver
Laserfire
Blizzard
Sister Indigo
Clamor (active-reserve)
Wonder Boy (reserve/forced inactive)
Shocker (reserve/normally inactive)
PC - Titan (brick)
PC - Wraith (mystic hybrid/demon)
PC - Alloy (invulnerable stretching chara)
PC - Thunderstar (space guy)
PC - Speed Demon (reserve - inactive) (speedster)
PC - Solarflare (fire using artillery chara)
PC - Maxima (reserve/retired to take care of her father) (Brick)

I know this sounds like a LOT... but really it isn't once you configure their private lives into the mix.
Evergreen, Dreamweaver and Sister Indigo were probably the most active members with the team (along with the PCs).
In fights they usually broke into two teams:
Flyers
non-Flyers

My players got really good at switching it up. It wasn't unusual to see Dreamweaver and Manta Man going up against the Brick bruisers and Titan (brick) going after the artillery characters.
The PC I had the most fun watching his antics play out was the invulnerable stretching chara called Alloy (Think Metal Men). he just did the coolest things with his character. He was a ground based scrapper, but had that reach making him nearly an artillery/scrapper. Because of his ability to blanket things he could defend large crowds/team-mates or wrap around a foe and simply relax his power turning into metallic taffy. There were so many times he muddied my plans, cause he played the part of nuisance until the big guns could stomp on whoever he was confounding. Also because of his ability to stretch he moved pretty fast and was a joy to watch battle villain speedsters.

I think I am going to make a separate post.
It will feature what is known of the "V&V World" I will put you guys in.

I will list all the facts I think are relevant for the PCs.

Heroes (present/past)
Villains (more present outstanding “Newsworthy”)
Places.
Possibly outstanding events.
I might have to do something about aliens since they seem to wander all over earth.
Same applies to magic.

Just gotta find the time is all.

G7
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2009 at 11:09am by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #38 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 1:39am
Print Post  
Quote: Guardian7 wrote on Yesterday at 4:54am:
California has a stable of recognizable heroes. Formost being L.A.'s the Justice Patrol. Which consists of Blue Knight, Empress, Captain Cold, Archangel (All featured in images from the FORCE modules)

Quote:
dsumner said:
I do believe our good Dr. Foom, has more than a passing knowledge of Capt. Cold, and his adventures, as well as the other characters from the FORCE and ASSASSIN modules. 

eventually followed by:
Quote:
: dsumner wrote on Yesterday at 8:54am:
Guardian7 wrote on Yesterday at 4:54am:
California has a stable of recognizable heroes. Formost being L.A.'s the Justice Patrol. Which consists of Blue Knight, Empress, Captain Cold, Archangel (All featured in images from the FORCE modules)

I do believe our good Dr. Foom, has more than a passing knowledge of Capt. Cold, and his adventures, as well as the other characters from the FORCE and ASSASSIN modules.   

Foom wrote:
Captain Cold was a soviet defector originally named Comrade Cold. Origin Type: Designed (by the USSR). Ice Powers Device and Heightened Attack.

Archangel had Transformation: Power Activation through a Magic Sword. Noncorporeal, Wings, Power Blast. Supernatural origin.

Empress had Flame Powers and Invulnerability. Don't recall her origin type.

Blue Knight was an NPC hero who didn't like vigilantes too much. He was a cop with powered armor.

All characters copyright their creators!

These are your characters?... that, is so cool.
I would love to see your stats on these guys.
My takes on your heroes is a lot different than what you posted here for them.

Captain Cold I made a guy named Aaron Bennet (Owner of Bennet Software via CCC). He was just a mutant and co-leader of the Justice Patrol.

Archangel Oddly enough my version of him had transformation: Power activation too. He was incredibly skilled with his sword and it could fire off binding halos, He was above average strength and had a boost to his winged flight speed. He was a member of the Justice Patrol.

Empress has flame powers, super strength and invulnerabilty. She was my tough as nails character and tended to mirror Carol Danvers in personality. She was great friends with Unicorn and Skyhawk and would on occasion spend time with them in SF, Cal. Though she was a member of the Justice Patrol.

Blue Knight played a HUGE role in my game. He was one of the founding members of the Crusaders. He was a construction worker that had stumbled upon a magical armor faceplate (The rest is pretty simple to guess). He had flight, super str, armor, his weapon (which was transformable, typically he used a mace-like weapon but used the battle axe to cause destruction and whack robots).
He was and remained best friends with Manta Man and he was responsible for the initial design of the Citadel.
He left following his ex-wife when she moved to California with his two kids and eventually met up with the Justice Patrol (with Captain Cold, Empress, Archangel, Smasher and Pulsar) and joined them. He is a reserve member of the Crusaders and in good standing.

I think that Psistorm is a ROCKING chara and she played some pretty heavy roles in my Crusader games. She left Syn-Tech helping the heroes battle Force and joined the Justice Patrol, eventually she was cured of her being mute, when she was killed in a battle with aliens and was brought back to life by Sister Indigo and soon after started a relationship with the long time hero Smasher.

Avalanche was also used. Though I made his nationality mexican and he was the prime hero there. He actually joined forces with the Crusaders during the Assassin Mod (I had made up a side jaunt that took them to a place that was a front for Force), in a case of mistaken identity two of the newer PCs who had no idea who Avalanche was... started a fight with him (until the other Crusaders broke it up). He was fun to play. He and Mariah from the TOTEM mod eventually married and became the dynamic duo of Mexico.

I would also love to know more about Clamor. You probably wouldn't believe what I did with him.

I hope you know... more than likely my takes on your chara will appear. I hope that is okay?

I think Force is one of my favorite villains from V&V. He reoccured the most of the MAJOR VILLAINS in the lives of the Crusaders. Best fight we had was when he fought Maxima (altered version-played by my ex-wife) and the PC super-speedster on his escape plane from St. Sabastian Island, the plane was exploding around them because of their fight. Other flyers were trying to catch up, but Force had a head start. Then it hit the surface of the Ocean and exploded, but not before Maxima kicked out the escape hatch and threw the speedster out of the crashing jet, while holding Force by the throat. She was knocked out (and rescued by Manta Man), they searched the Debris while CHESS moved in to secure the area. But they found no trace of Force.
When he reappeared in Assassin everyone was pretty surprised (as I kept the module/supplement secret).

So... what was your concept for the for Project Ultimatum (Which I did a cover for based on the V&V cover template) particularly the Hunter/Retrievers. I was always disappointed that it never came out. Cause Force was such a cool foe and his problems only made him worse with each appearence.
We certainly could have lived without many other mods that came after the Force ones. Would have loved to have seen your take on Dr A/Destroyers, Shee-Ariel, T.O.T.E.M., Intercrime and V.I.L.E. in module form.

Ah well... I could blither on and on.
Cya
G7
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2009 at 11:07am by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #39 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 2:03am
Print Post  
What a minute,  Dr Foom was the orginal Captain Cold from the modules?   Wow!

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #40 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 8:55am
Print Post  
John wrote on Sep 7th, 2009 at 2:03am:
What a minute,  Dr Foom was the orginal Captain Cold from the modules?   Wow! 

I'll let him share any info he wishes to provide, as it's not my place.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #41 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 6th, 2009 at 10:17pm:
I'd rather skip the teen and teen sidekick thing. Though I love the Titans and all of them as sidekicks to their mentors (Especially Barry and Wally).

I more plan to run a game that actually involves the Crusaders. Maybe eventually we could derail and do sub-games (and possibly introduce younger heroes). But as I see it now, I would rather stick to the center of my initial concept. 

You'd rather skip it as a team theme only? Or you don't want Manta Lad too?

And will the game be played live?

Thanks!

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #42 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Doctor Foom
You'd rather skip it as a team theme only? Or you don't want Manta Lad too?

And will the game be played live?

Playing teens as a group theme isn't really a highlight of mine. Though there a couple that show up eventually.

I don't visualize Carter Manning/Manta Man having a ward. Just too Batman. Though the write up was nice.

Live Game: yeah... I have something on omgirc.com set up.

Here is the process to get into the room.
Though I am not sure if I password protected it yet. If so the password is the Leader of the Crusaders.

WHERE TO GO AND HOW TO DO IT.

GO TO
http://www.omgirc.com/
CLICK
chat
IT WILL ASK
type in a Nick (name)
ONCE IN THE #CHATZONE (where you go)
Query (select) yourself (your nick name)
IN YOUR OWN PVT CHAT WINDOW (to yourself)
type in #VilliansandVigilantes (CASE SENSITIVE)
it may appear on your query screen twice
THEN
just double click on the word #VilliansandVigilantes

and you are in the Game Room: PASSWORD: see above.

That is what I am hoping to use to play the game.
It works readily enough with my computer and you can change the fonts and color of them.
It will be private and I can copy the whole game to a notepad and maybe do a "What has gone before..." thing.

I will use this for dice rolling: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

I played with it (solo) for a bit and ran a fight between the Lightning Fist and the Nicotines. It went pretty well and fast.

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #43 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
G7, quick question. Are the sketches you've been posting your work?

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #44 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
OK, I fleshed out Wildstar a bit. I'll do up a full blown character sheet later in the week.

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #45 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Oh yeah... that is my artwork.
You ought to see some of the renderings I have done of Dr Foom's designs.

I (...in a galaxy far FAR away!) was going to be an illustrator and was even getting hits from the Comics industry... but it was such a dog eat dog (especially for my age group at the time) rat race... that I walked away.

Lightning Comics wanted me to sign a four year contract... I should have... my art was superior to anything they were piping out.

I had quite a few artists say they thought my work was good enough to break in (Including George Perez and Matt Wagner). They said if I was as fast as I said I was... I could possibly be a shoe in.

But... Comics started to disgust me as the 90s rolled in (Heroes were failing to be heroes and simply turned into non-thinking fighting machines - those have their place... just not with every hero).
So I walked away from it. Though it never shoehorned my love of superheroes or drawing them.

I was recently approached by another small company about doing comics. I know the owner. Nice guy. But it is a lot of work for little money. Since I never do anything in hack to what I am getting paid (MY MOTTO: If your going to do it... do it right!) I decided to wait. Matter of fact. He sent me another E-Mail yesterday asking if I was interested in doing a cover for him. I just might. Dan Jurgans did a beautiful cover for him and I thought I heard him say he might be able to sneak Perez in for WAY under cost (But George is such a wonderful guy anyhow.)

Hopefully my art speaks for itself.

I had actually contemplated trying to work with FGU at one time in the early days... but they visibly folded. So here I am... an artist with no love. LOL (Kidding)

G7
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2009 at 5:57pm by Guardian7 »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #46 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Any chance you would whip up a pick of Wildstar, if I sent you a description of how I'm picturing him? I'd be more than willing to pay for an inked FC version of the final sketch. Plus, I think a lot of the guys here would like to see what the othe characters looked like.

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #47 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Sure. Just PM the description.
If you have any ideas that you can use examples of... such as "Looks similar to Scarlet Witch's headpiece" etc. Then by all means throw that in there. Color scheme wouldn't be bad.

Do you guys know about this... http://fabricadeherois.blogspot.com/

It is a nice hero maker. Takes a bit to get it going. but once you use it... it is a breeze.
There is an english language button in the upper screen. Have fun.

Course... nothing replaces real art. LOL

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #48 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
I'll shoot you the PM later this evening.

YIM  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #49 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 7th, 2009 at 4:08pm:
Live Game: yeah... I have something on omgirc.com set up.

Urg. I think this knocks me out. I squeeze in gaming (and game-related talk) pretty tight, usually in 15-30 minute increments, when they pop up. Sorry.

Have fun and good luck!

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #50 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Guardian7 wrote on Sep 7th, 2009 at 5:53pm:
Oh yeah... that is my artwork.

Beautiful stuff!

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #51 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 12:45am
Print Post  
It looks like I'm late to the dance, but this sounds cool.  I've just gotten back into GM'ing for my kids, but playing would be fun.  Time is the issue, when would this be scheduled.  I don't know if you guys were part of the COH we pulled together with the Yahoo group guys, but that was a Blast.  Actually playing with Gauntlet was quite a thrill for me.

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #52 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 4:54am
Print Post  
Gauntlet... That's Dee's character.
I was the one that started that whole "Hey let's play in COH" then I let my account go and walked away... LOL.

I'm Samnmi from the VnV yahoo site.

Anyhow welcome to the VnV forum.

G7

OH... and we haven't really cemented anything down yet sofar as running a game goes.
Not sure what is good for everyone sofar as a date and time.

Even if it is only for a couple of hours a week in one sitting would be cool with me.

So your not too late.

cya again
G7

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #53 - Sep 12th, 2009 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Sounds cool, I'd like to give it a shot, I'll need a heads up so I can plan things with my family... I've got nine kido's, so everything we do has to go on the family calendar, or it just doesn't happen....I'll create a character using the guidelines here and send it for you to edit/approve.

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #54 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Hey G7,

Dunno how many players you've got, but you might be able to get more if the game wasn't live.
I know I could make time for a Pbem.  Roll Eyes Grin Smiley Wink

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #55 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
That might be best.
Though I still may have to put a deadline up... any chara not active (for any reason means they fall for that round of PBEM into my hands and they can pick up and deal with whatever ramifications of my said actions. I know that may sound insenstive to peoples lives... it isn't. I have the utmost respect for people's lives... it's just a game).

Yeah... that might be best.
But we could always use the chat room to actually chat.
I mean once in a while it might be fun to just blither on V&V in a live medium of some sort... Dunno.

I am so gung ho about running a game I almost called up my old players to see if maybe they wanted to get togather and take a whack at doing V&V once in a while. Though it is not necessary (Just would be fun... plus I have all my notes of their actions, so I am sure it would come back to them).

Cya
G7

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #56 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Thanks G7.
Will get a character together.

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #57 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Okay.
Got an idea for a cross between Spider-Man and the Scarlet Witch, with a little bit of Thor thrown in.
Thanks goes out to Harold, too!
Due to the Spidey angle, he DOES have a high Agility, but I have a weakness that will help initiative be manageable.

Character concept:

Black Cat! 
Little does Dashiell Richards suspect, but he is the son of the ancient Egyptian goddess, Bast. He had displeased her and been exiled from glorious Khemet and reincarnated into a human of Earth. Stripped from him were his memories, abilities and powers. So when these abilities started to manifest within him, Dash figured he was a mutant and that he’d better get a superhero costume. So he did.
Now, the son of Bast has deluded himself to be… Black Cat!

Origin: Accidental Supernatural

Personality type: Lazy, class clown slacker. Years from now, when (if?) he discovers his true self (and gains some Charisma), he will become more noble and worthy of his station as the son of Bast.

Level: 1

Powers:

Transformation: Power Activation: into cat-man form

1) Heightened Senses: Cat senses
Night vision, heightened smell and hearing: Detect rolls x 3
Sense of balance: Eg: Can run across a wire at normal speed.
Lands on feet: All falling damage is halved
Stealth: Detection rolls against Black Cat when he is sneaking are halved.

2) Magic Spells: The inherent, magical powers of the son of Bast are being slowly “manifested” over time (a.k.a. invented, as per rules). These don’t act like spells to be cast, but more like magic powers instead.
a) Bad Luck:
May alter probability. PR: minimum of 4 per use.
Roll d4 against Bad Luck Chart to determine result.
For each additional Power Point spent, the Cat may move result by one increment on chart. Attacks as better of Gravity Control or Transmutation.

Bad Luck Chart:

1) Environmental mishap: d12 damage to target

2) Next attack / power use of target alters to No Effect

3) Environmental mishap: 2d10 damage to target

4) Random power of target suddenly activates / deactivates. If target has no powers, go to 3

5) Next attack / power use of target doubles back on target/ overloads

6) Environmental mishap: 3d10 damage to targeted 2" x 2" area

7+) Player’s choice!

3) Natural Weaponry: +2 to hit, +4 to damage with claws

4) Heightened Agility B: he's agile and cat-like

5) Heightened Endurance B: he can take a punch (and has no defenses)

Weaknesses:
The Black Cat should have two Weaknesses, via Transformation. But I ended up giving him three.

1) Diminished Senses: Cosmic Amnesia: The son of Bast has forgotten who he truly is. He has no awareness of his true origin, history, powers, allies, enemies, duties and responsibilities!

2) Cautious: The son of Bast has a high sense of self preservation. He must successfully save vs. Charisma on d20 to not evade with his first action every turn. (This will help manage his high initiative)

3) Reduced Weight: Dash has a slight build. Subtract 30 lbs. from rolled weight. (starts with 3 basic hits)

Background: Bum / Mysticism. Before trying his hand as a superhero, Richards was a drifter, wandering the country aimlessly.

Failing this, and poor Manta Lad, I might revert to Professor Fahrenheit.
Lemme know.
Thanks!  Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2009 at 5:43pm by Doctor Foom »  

Black_Cat.jpg ( 38 KB | 7 Downloads )
Black_Cat.jpg
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #58 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Doctor Foom wrote on Sep 18th, 2009 at 5:43pm:
Failing this, and poor Manta Lad, I might revert to Professor Fahrenheit.

...Or Storm Hawk.

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #59 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Online Game.

Okay. It seems that doing the chat room thing is a bust.

Unfortunately as much as I want to do one in any manner. I am not sure how to do one without immediate interaction. So if someone out there is or has run a game by Post or E-Mail (Preferably post). I could use a helping hand.

Do I do turns by initiative? (at least the combat related stuff).

How do I do maps? Or have players show what they are doing (or intend to do)?

How long does it take for a combat session to normally play out?

Since it is obvious that immediate interaction is going to be impossible on a person to person level. How do I handle downtime situations where the Pcs/NPCs are interacting?

Do I summarize the whole of the situation (what has been done/happened) once it is completed and move to the next round?

Sorry… the non-fast pace makes a tad nervous. I just want the game to be enjoyable (for all parties involved, including myself. I certainly want to do this).

Do I need to let them know what the immediate world around this is like (I.E; the overall superhero situation and the menaces that are known)?

I have a fairly good idea of how to intro all the PC’s into the world I will use as a playing field.
Though I still need to discuss what I consider the rough edges of interested PC’s characters so that I fully understand who and what they are (and whatever possible alternations might be necessary due to the constraints of my V&V World ideal - likely these are pretty minor).

I would also like to know the exact number of people who would be interested in playing. I think for this first trial run… four might be my limit until I can get the feel of the environment I am playing in.

Okay… that’s it.

First chance I get I will review the entry chara I have received and do PM’s to discuss them.

Thanks for the patience on this.

G7

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #60 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
G7, shoot Dr. Foom an email, as he's currently running a PBEM game (I'm one of his players), and he should be able to hook you up.

YIM  
IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #61 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
NP... Doc F I am sure will give me a heads up.
Thanks Dsumner

G7

IP Logged

Skydiver
Teen Titan

Reply #62 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
If it's going to be PBEM, then I'd love to be in too. Depending on the post rate. I'm a little busy these days, but I'm definitely interested if you'll have me.

As far as running a PBEM, you might want to chat with Dr. Foom. He's running an excellent PBEM.

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #63 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Thanks guys.

G7, Here's the site: http://vanguardhq.blogspot.com/

The first part of each "issue" is what I wrote. The second part is the PC replies. ( I currently have seven players.)

I post a new "first part" every two weeks that usually responds to PC actions and requests, and then moves things forward a little.
I go faster when I can, but this pace seems to work for everyone.

(sorry for the delay. Was off board last week. Was out of town)

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #64 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Actually. After a lot of thought. I think I am simply going to back down from doing this.
Sorry for or if I got people's hopes up.
Maybe one day.

G7

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #65 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Sorry to hear that.
Sad

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #66 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Well, if anyone's interested, I'm trying to get a PBEM game going. Here's the thread - http://www.villainsandvigilantesforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1254434630

YIM  
IP Logged

eLock
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #67 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
G7, I just wanted to compliment you on the the excellent framework you set up for your campaign world. I like the detail, the persepctive, and the overall worldview. It's very cohesive and very accessible. Bravo.

IP Logged

Dr. wierd
Apprentice

with great responsibilities
come great power

Reply #68 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 6:07am
Print Post  
yes G7 your dervelpoement of the cursader world is good
i too have made a few changes to there membership

YIM  
IP Logged