Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Re: Empire City Source Book (Read 33336 times)
Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Re: Empire City Source Book
Reply #70 - Dec 29th, 2013 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
X-49 on the wing?

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #71 - Dec 29th, 2013 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Sorry, that was a typo.  Embarrassed

As far as the X-49 goes, it's something that Rampart may get to play with at some point. If you guys look through some of this stuff, you'll see I'm trying to add in elements from your various backgrounds into the stuff I'm posting. The last character I posted, Damocles, is working as a "security consultant" for the guys that are responsible for Thunderbolt, and his sister, gaining their powers.

Plus I figure until I can get things rolling again, you guys should be able to play around with this stuff, and flesh out your back stories, and "supporting cast" a bit more.
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2013 at 8:22pm by dsumner »  

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #72 - Dec 30th, 2013 at 12:06am
Print Post  
Heh.  Yeah.  I noticed. Smiley

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #73 - Dec 30th, 2013 at 1:59am
Print Post  
All due respect to our young meta-lord I disagree about Despot. After hopefully finding a way through the garrison of robots, the Despot himself will be fresh and his Disintigration Beam (half on range modifiers due to his Cybernetic eyes) will do almost 20 hit points per attack. With 16 hp of his own our young meta-lord has almost a 50/50 chance to take that first shot on the chin for a knockout. 48 ADR is fine if you can roll 48 or less to take the damage but the odds are not in your favor.

Not that he couldn't be beat but ran by a GM with some tactical acumen Depspot is a team wrecker  Cool

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #74 - Dec 31st, 2013 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Also of note, the Black Keep, Despot's royal residence, has a pretty good defense system. Everything from advanced sensors, to various direct energy weapons,and surface-to-air missles, that would have to be defeated, or somehow put out of comission before any type of direct attack could be launched.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #75 - Dec 31st, 2013 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Sigh.

I was not comparing Despot to Thunderbolt... my intent was to express the fact that I feel the Despot needs a movement power of some sort as it is a glaring deficiency in the design.  He is not tough enough in my opinion to be a team wreaker because of that.. but only just shy of it.  He needs a movement power to make himself a threat that a team would need to work very well together to defeat... IF he had at least one movement power.

Pitting Thunderbolt a 2nd level character solo against a 13th level mastermind villain complete with minions is flatly unfair... but for devil's advocate I'll humor this...

Thunderbolt has an agility of 16 which means he will always get two actions.  Assuming he realizes the danger this mastermind villain represents ... it is a certainty he will use one of to do evasion.  Thats a -6 {1/10th 'Current' Power} to any attack Despot send his way.  This would not be enough and TB would likely {one of his favorite tactics actually} parry with a Magnetic Power controled object.

Assuming the Despot's Robot minion - Black Watch are 4th level {like most minion level foes and not lieutenants}, we'll assume TB can defeat at least two of them.  They are robots so easily manipulable with Magnetic Control.  Make them duplicates of the Prince Despot so they weigh 180lbs each for a total of 360lbs {well within his Magnetic Control capacity}, that's a Parry Factor of 3 for a grand total of a -9 with evasion for any attack the Prince Despot sends TB's way.

Add in roll with blow which the Prince would be hard pressed to stop TB from knowing of his presence he has {Radar Sense} that's 6 pts of damage he could immediately shut to power damage as opposed to hit points.  Add to that with TB's parrying bonus [Heightened Expertise +4, Dam Mod +1, Acc +2] that's a total of 10pts if I add the object weight parry factor or maybe 11 if I use the robots basic hits{as structure rating} for the total damage which can be blocked per parry.  That's a Grand total of 16 points of damage per attack blocked... so not likely any one hit KO's.  LOL... well at least until the objects is disintegrated then he'd have to grab another 'meat shield'/random rubble shield.

Of course TB doesn't need to use Black Watch minions as parry objects - any heavy partially metal object could work even concrete with metal rebar within it would work.

So the biggest advantage Prince Despot would have is his level {and let's face it that's a BIG advantage}..that's a bonus +5 to hit Thunderbolt and  inflicts a -7 on Thunderbolt to hit him.  Nasty and overmatched...

However, Prince Despots biggest weakness is his Bionic body and Cybernetic form... all metal!  Not the foe you place against a Magnetic/Electrical controller!

Now I'm sure the Prince will realize though he may be megalomaniacal enough and Arrogant enough not to be cautious and use an action for evasion as well... that would be an additional -12 to Thunderbolt's attack against him and he could also roll with blow and shunt 12 damage per attack to his power.  On average the Prince Despot will get 3 actions so he can easily spare it.  I'll assume part of that "GM with tactical acumen" would do this even though his description would more likely point to him underestimating the lvl 2 young hero.

Anyways with Lightning Control vs Bionics Thunderbolt has a modified 22- to hit.  With level Adjustment that is a 15- {not bad odds}.  If Prince Despot Evades Thunderbolt still has a 3- chance to hit {not so good mostly looking at luck here}.  The Prince Despot has a modified 18- chance to hit Thunderbolt with his disintegration ray.  With level adjustment that's a 23-.  As Thunderbolt will be evading every turn that is a 14- chance to hit.  But Thunderbolt is parrying with an object so he may not even take any damage.

Now the issue.  The Prince Despot's disintegration ray has a range of 28".  Thunderbolt can attack him with Lightning at a range of 32"... which is the issue as Thunderbolt has a movement power and can easily keep his distance.  Now reading the rules of V&V I don't see anywhere that it lets you use a power outside of its range {its not a range increment like 3rd Edition D&D but seems to be an absolute range}.  Which is weird cause the Prince Despot's power of Cybernetic Eyes-Heightened Sense says it halves range penalties... well he has no powers that reach into range penalty catagories 31 to 60 inches {-1 to hit} - Table 3.2 b.  Though that table seems to be meaning move/distance speed difference between attacker and defender for penalties.  Not clear on that. 

But RAW If Thunderbolt stays 29" away.. Despot can't attack with his disintegration ray.  But Thunderbolt can still attack with lightning control if he stayed say 31" inches above.

My point again... the Prince Despot needs a movement power!

Now to use magnetic control Thunderbolt would have to risk getting closer only a 17" range on that.  Thunderbolt would have a 20- to hit, with level adjustment 13-, if the Prince Despot Evades 1- {not good odds if the Prince Despot decides to evade... which tactically he should}.

So, Should Thunderbolt keep his distance and pot shot at the Prince Despot he could put up a fight, sort of. 

If Prince Despot does not evade Thunderbolt will eventually wipe the floor with him; likely hitting with his surge electronics power to shut his eyes down... no eyes - no ranged attacks, no evasion cause he can't see his foe and the fight is pretty much over.  Though Thunderbolt would likely have to hit him multiple times with the Surge power to work.. it is only a 32% chance {but not modified by level}.

At that point Thunderbolt could pick him up by his eyeballs, if he wanted, and throw him around like a dirty rag doll Until he dropped {though any portion of his bionic body would do for magnetic control}.

Also evade or no... if Thunderbolt Ever hits him with magnetic control successfully.. the fight is practically over as TB can merely pick the Prince Despot up and turn him to face away from Thunderbolt.. he's not a robotic body so he can't  turn his head all they way around.  So it would be merely move actions on Thunderbolt's part to keep him turned away and unable to target TB with his eye beams.  He can't break Thunderbolt's magnetic hold on him; unless TB moves him within reach of any terrain he can use his strength on the break free {and it better not be made of metal either} as Prince Despot has no movement powers like flight to resist with... something he could reasonably apply his strength against to pull free of the Magnetic control.  With no movement power he can apply - NO MORE EVASION! TB would just hammer him down from his rear flank in total safety with lightning until he was done.

As I said... an unfair fight.

oh, and TB's armor is only a safeguard against unfortunate combat misfortune.  TB does nto consider it his major defense its there to help soften the inevitable damage he will eventually suffer in battle... but he really doesn't rely on it as his major defense.. magnetic & lightning control are his real defenses.

It really becomes a who rolls lucky fastest often enough... in that case.  The Favor is on the Prince's side but its Thunderbolt's ability to keep his distance that makes it a fight at all!

If the Prince Despot continues to evasion... Thunderbolt would only hit with his magnetic control on a shear lucky roll ... not likely on a modified 1.    But if he did.. the fight would be practically over.

The Prince Despot could not just without effort put TB down... unless, Prince Despot had a movement power he could easily defeat Thunderbolt cause TB could not then keep his distance... especially if the Prince keeps evasion up.

Which was MY original real point.. Prince Despot needs a movement power to be a true team wreaker.

EDIT:  Yeah castle defense was not something I was calling into question as I would assume a team of heroes would not be assaulting him in his home... that's illegal unless there is a cause.  I was stating power-wise he needs a movement power.  Now as a Inventor he could easily make something that would help a lot.

Devil's advocate again.. on Thunderbolt.  Automated defenses..yeah machines... made of metal.. yeah. Again not really an insurmountable threat to a hero who can control machines electrically or manipulate metal with a thought. 

But Again.. my original critique of Prince Despot was not about THUNDERBOLT it was a general assessment of Prince Despot's capabilities.  I still think he needs a movement power!  Really, I don't compare EVERY posted villain to Thunderbolt.. why do you? Smiley

And AGAIN.. Thunderbolt is not unbeatable.. but foes that rely on technology or have metallic body parts are NOT good foes to put against him.. they are Vulnerable to his powers.. from the get go!
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2014 at 12:39am by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #76 - Jan 1st, 2014 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Mostly accurate (and insightful) analysis, Thunderbolt.  Allow me to point out a couple of things, though:

1) You're assuming that the evil Despot has ferrous metals.  I could be wrong (perhaps TB can control ALL metals), but generally Magnetic Powers works only on ferrous metals.  Sure that's usually the case with robots and such (steel being one of the most common things used there), but it's not uncommon for bad guys to prepare for magnetic controlling heroes by going to non-ferrous metals.

2) Logically Thunderbolt's advantage of a longer range would allow him to stay away from Despot.  But that's not the way movement works in V&V.  The awkward way of breaking down characters movements into different actions in a turn (he'll often get three, and TB will have two) means that he'll often be close enough to attack at range.  I'll try to give a simple illustration:

- Thunderbolt's action.  TB moves to 32" away and blasts Despot with Lightning.

- Despot's action.  He moves to 3" away from TB and blasts him.

- Thunderbolt's action.  He moves away, again to 32" and attacks.

-Rinse, lather, and repeat...

See what I mean?

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #77 - Jan 1st, 2014 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
LOL.  Nice but your thinking only in two dimensions...

Thunderbolt is 32 inches UP lateral not horizontal... he moves a few inches blasts  Even if the Prince moves his 90" away Thunderbolt can easily move over him with his over 1,000" of flight speed and maintain his altitude of 32"... 'rinse and repeat.'

But yes you are correct IF the villain knew Thunderbolt was coming and knew he was a magnetic manipulator... he could indeed prepare non-ferrous materials to defend with, but that is beyond my Devil's advocate example. 

Thunderbolt has with him always metal that is ferrous to manipulate.. his costume and weapons which admittedly would not hold up for indefinitely versus the Prince Despot's strength.. but its just as likely there would be something ferrous in the environment to manipulate even if the Prince was prepared to not have ferrous components in his body.. a tricky thing to do even fiber-optic power transmissions still needs something conductive and likely ferrous to manipulate the electrical flow of technology... likely small discrete components in circuitry that were TB to magnetically grab and pull at those delicate components might be even MORE detrimental than grabbing the Prince's metal arm {electronic components are rarely load bearing structures and TB can apply 1,700lbs of pull!}.

Thunderbolt would never assault a villain mastermind of this magnitude solo  IF he suspected the villain was expecting him.  Prince Despot is a Inventor... with an army.  I was just comparing stats unprepared in an open stat to stat engagement. 

Its just as likely TB would invent a EMP Blaster powered by his own Magnetic and electrical powers to neutralize the Princes bionics.. {Call it a paralysis ray..only for electrical powered devices} but again that's beyond my example and off my point that I think The Despot needs a flight power! Smiley

Thank you for your critique though... I'm REALLY trying to get a handle on the game mechanics and master them! Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2014 at 1:41pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #78 - Jan 1st, 2014 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
I have to admit, I'm enjoying this little debate, as I think it lets you guys hash out your specific styles of play, the type of tactics you use, and how you think in general. But I do need to make one clarification, the Black Watch aren't robots, they're human beings. Despots hand picked royal guard. The robots under his control are separate entities, and there are a LOT of them under his command.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #79 - Jan 1st, 2014 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
LOL. Yeah... Thunderbolt would have to have a VERY STRONG and personal reason to attack this Despote In his contry IN his castle with HIS Army of cronies guarding him!

Thunderbolt is more focused on getting at the people who experimented upon his sister and himself - GENOM!  He's 'currently' more a street level crime fighter...

Now... were the Prince Despot to abduct his sister... Sarah, well THAT would be motivation and no international law or army of minions would stop Thunderbolt from storming the castle to save his sister!  He's kinda over protective of her {needlessly so}.

Thunderbolt would go to WAR and would not come ...unprepared... or alone! Cool

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #80 - Jan 2nd, 2014 at 12:40am
Print Post  
The Dogs of War

The Major

The Dogs of War are a group of highly skilled mercenaries operating in Sub-Saharan Africa, who specialize in dealing with “super human threats”. While some may not consider the group “villains” in a classic sense, the fact that they’re willing to work for anyone willing to meet their price, has lead them to come into conflict with several Western governments, as well as a number of heroes.

One note of mention is that the group will always except a contract that involves a chance to strike at Leo the Lion, as he stiffed them on job, and tried to have them executed as criminals. Due to a bit of luck, they managed to escape, inflicting substantial losses on Leo’s personal guard, the Simba Presidential Guard Battalion in the process.

The group’s numbers have varied over the years as members have been injured, killed, or captured, but they typically maintain at least a dozen members on their roster at any given time.

Serge

« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2014 at 1:06am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #81 - Jan 2nd, 2014 at 1:47am
Print Post  
The Black Watch

The Black Watch is the royal guard of the Morovian royal family. Each member is hand picked to be a member of this elite unit, where they serve until they no longer capable of doing so. The following stats are the minimum needed to gain entry.

STR: 13
END: 14
AGL: 13
INT: 11
CHR: 11

Individual members will be 4th to 6th level, and Officers will be 7th to 9th level in experience. In addition they each receive a +2 to hit with firearms, as well as a +2 to hit in HTH attacks. Each is armed with a dagger, semi-auto pistol, assault rifle, and equipped with an armored (ballistic material) uniform that is ADR=48.  Heavier weapons are available as needed.

A member of the Black Watch with a Jump Pack prepares for a routine patrol.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2014 at 1:50am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #82 - Jan 2nd, 2014 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Black Watch Overseer Battle Armor and one of the many security bots utilized by Despot's security forces.

Overseer Battle Armor Trooper

Powers:
1. Armor B: ADR=100. The armor's power supply has 100 charges.
a) Life Support: 1 charge per hour of use.
b) Heightened Strength: +20. PR=1 charge per hour of use.
c) Natural Weaponry: Armored Gauntlet: +3 to hit, +6 damage. (Located on right arm).
d) Heightened Senses: Sensor Suite: 4x Detect Hidden. PR=1 charge per hour of use.
e) Flight Pack: 750 mph hour max flight speed. PR=1 charge per hour of use.
f) Laser Guided Mini-Missiles: +3 to hit, 1d10, R=300". 14 missiles.
2. Flame Power Device: Gauntlet Flame Thrower: 1d12 damage. 24" range. 8 charges. (located on left arm).
3. Seeking Plasma Missiles: +4 to hit, 1d12 damage. 10 missiles.

STR: 33
END: 14
AGL: 14
INT: 10
CHR: 10
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2022 at 5:36am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #83 - Jan 2nd, 2014 at 6:43am
Print Post  
Ok.  Prince Despot has a Cool Cadre of minions! Smiley

Lelouch / Zero, would be rightfully envious! Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2014 at 6:45am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #84 - Jan 2nd, 2014 at 6:52am
Print Post  
First, I'm sure it's the Scots in me, but really digging the Black Watch thing Smiley

Second, Empire City doesn't use pre-gens from say Most Wanted so I doubt it fits your vision of them, but I see some really cool story potential in these Dogs of War. I could see them led by a Deathstroke/Taskmaster/Nightstalker type and taking down/out any number of off the radar bad guys for someone like Amanda Waller. The heroes get involved as one of the bad guys comes asking for protection.  A story using Vibro and Vindicator would work well here. Wink

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #85 - Jan 2nd, 2014 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Jan 1st, 2014 at 1:37pm:
LOL.  Nice but your thinking only in two dimensions...

Great point, and you're absolutely right (if one character is using flight).  Of course, the land-based character can counter by getting indoors, or under cover, to force the flyer to come down to their level, but that's not always possible.

Thunderbolt wrote on Jan 1st, 2014 at 1:37pm:
Thunderbolt has with him always metal that is ferrous to manipulate.. his costume and weapons which admittedly would not hold up for indefinitely versus the Prince Despot's strength.. but its just as likely there would be something ferrous in the environment to manipulate even if the Prince was prepared to not have ferrous components in his body.. a tricky thing to do even fiber-optic power transmissions still needs something conductive and likely ferrous to manipulate the electrical flow of technology... likely small discrete components in circuitry that were TB to magnetically grab and pull at those delicate components might be even MORE detrimental than grabbing the Prince's metal arm {electronic components are rarely load bearing structures and TB can apply 1,700lbs of pull!}.

Good stuff!  That's some nifty info for me to know as well, being as one of my current PCs (Compass) is a magnetically controlling character, too!  Cool

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #86 - Jan 2nd, 2014 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
In your favor though.. Prince Despot could just as easily jump to get in range with his high strength.. a few inches would be all he needed to get into range for his disintegration Eye beams.

But there are difficulties with that as well... he can't change direction in the air during his jump, and TBdoes have metal with him that he could put in his way to hinder his jumping to get into range... but it would be tricky.  The Prince could resort to blasting at the metal TB is manipulating... not much TB could do about that... save hope he can move his controlled metal implements fast enough to get them out of range of the Prince's Disintegration Eye beams.

I have a question about mechanics... it seems to me that during a character's phase... he can take an action or more if his initiative roll is high enough and use none, some or all of his movement.  But his movement allowance is the maximum amount of inches he can move {or expend} in a turn regardless of his number of actions?  It seems he does not have to use his action and then move or move and then use his actions.. he can use movement before or after their actions as long as the total movement does not exceed his maximum for the turn.

Is that a correct understanding?  Its important cause some powers use only movement to apply them and not actions.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2014 at 2:10pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #87 - Jan 2nd, 2014 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Oh, and before I forget. You guys are more than free to use this material in the fiction you've been posting. I always enjoy seeing how people use stuff I post.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #88 - Jan 2nd, 2014 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Rexler Energy

A US based multinational energy company, and one of the world's largest corporations. They've got their hands in oil, natural gas, hydro electric, and wind energy production. Rexler has extensive holdings in Africa, Asia, and South America, and has caught a lot of bad press for its use of private military companies, referred to in company literature security specialists, to secure their assets from attack in some of the world's less stable areas.

They're primary competitor is Titan Energy, a subsidiary of Titan Industries, and there's a lot of bad blood between the to companies, and in some cases open warfare as the compete for resources.

Unknown to the general public both companies have made extensive use of mercenaries and or superbeings/metahumans, bribes, and in some cases, funding coups to install a government that's more will be more favorable to their operations.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #89 - Jan 2nd, 2014 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Advanced Research and Electronic Systems Corporation
A.R.E.S. Corporation

A.R.E.S. is a European based military armaments company, producing a variety of high-tech weapons systems for the world's militaries. They're also more than willing to sell to rouge nations and dictators, as long as the sales can't be traced back to them. They're the primary suppliers of weapons to countries like Iran, North Korea, Pakistan, Nambia, the Kingdom of Morovia, and the Sultanate of Qatan.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2014 at 7:41pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #90 - Jan 2nd, 2014 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Fort Buntner

Formerly a large active duty Army installation located to the Northwest of Empire City. It's now a reserve training installation, and depot for military vehicles. It's primarily used by Army National Guard, Army and Marine Corps Reserve units for training. Empire City PD and several federal and state SWAT type units also make use of its range facilities.

Federal Correctional Institute (FCI) - Fort Buntner

A medium security federal prison holding several hundred inmates on the grounds of Fort Buntner, in what were at one time military barracks. The inmates keep up the grounds of the base, as well as manufacturing things like office furniture, and repairing vehicles.

Henderson Air Base

A small auxiliary air field located near Fort Buntner. It's primarily used by Air National Guard, NOAA, and US Forest Service aircraft.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #91 - Jan 2nd, 2014 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
GENOM

GENOM is a North American based multinational medical/pharmaceutical research company and drug manufacturer. Unknown to the general public, the company is involved in a number of nefarious deeds, everything from producing designer drugs, to illegal cloning research and genetic engineering, as well as other yet undiscovered schemes.

It was their attempts at producing a performance enhancing drug that led to the development of the dangerous designer drug Boost, that's been appearing on the streets of Empire City.

They’re also rumored to have had a hand in the creation of several of Empire City’s superhuman population.

YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #92 - Jan 3rd, 2014 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
That's pretty cool how similar the drug Boost is to some stuff one of the GMs is doing in our Guardians campaign; he made some drugs called Mind (enhances mental abilities), Body (boosts physical stats), as well as a couple more that are even more potent and addictive. Great minds and all that...

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #93 - Jan 3rd, 2014 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
The Trinity Foundation

The Trinity Foundation is a West Coast based new age religious group, that's recently begun making headway into Empire City. They espouse new age enlightenment, an alcohol and drug free lifestyle, and charitable works, as a way to reach a higher state of consciousness.   

Founded by the enigmatic, but charismatic, Father Tristan Love, many high-profile celebrities have become members of the organization espouse the group's ideology as a cure for many of the world's ills. Members of The Foundation, as they like to refer to themselves, all have one thing in common, deep pockets, and their ruthless pursuit of anyone who speaks out against the Foundation or its teachings, especially former members. Their attornies are quick to take legal action against their critics, as well as PR department that attempt to discredit them in the press.

Inside Investigation

A new investigative TV program that looks to "expose" "questionable activities of corrupt politicians, greedy corporations, etc. They've gotten into hot water with several of EC organized crime families as their investigations have shed light on some of their more low key criminal activities.

E-City Currents

A locally produced weekely newspaper, and online electronic publication, covering the arts and entertainment scene in Empire City. It contains everything from movie, book, restaurant, and music reviews, upcoming entertainment emvents, etc., as well as sections on local artists, etc.
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2014 at 11:41pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #94 - Jan 3rd, 2014 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Stone Gate Prison

Stone Gate, or "The Wall" as the prison's inmates and staff refer to it, is a federal prison and the second in a series of prisons designed to hold metahuman prisoners.

Located in the rural northwestern part of the state, it's specifically designed to hold metahuman prisoners, using input from the staff at Stone Mountain, although that doesn't always seem to work out the way the staff and federal authorities intended.

Some of its more famous residents include several former members of the Alliance of Evil (Reaper, Myst, and Spectral) as well as Hellspawn & his Hellhounds, and Roundhouse.
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2014 at 11:44pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #95 - Apr 19th, 2014 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
The Omega Syndicate

The Omega Syndicate is a Russian crime syndicate formed by former members of the various Soviet security, intelligence, and military services. The US Dept. of Justice, CIA, INTERPOL, MI-5, MI-6, and BSI consider them a major player in human trafficking and illegal arms trade, as well the the use of what the EU terms as "enhanced humans". They're known to make extensive use of superhuman operatives while conducting their activities, especially former Soviet military "super soldiers".

From what law enforcement and various Western intelligence agencies have been able to determine, they've continued research in former Soviet "super soldier" programs shutdown with the collapse of the former Soviet Union. The program got its start using captured Nazi research at the end of WWII.

While they primarily restrict their operations to the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, they've recently begun to expand their sphere of influence, due to a wave of Russian immigrants to Western Europe and North America.

Empire City's MCU has had several run ins with known members, over the past two years, and fears that this may be the beginning of some sort of major power play.

Steel Wolf: A former Soviet super soldier, now super powered Omega Syndicate enforcer.
Surge: An energy welding villain currently  in the Omega Syndicate's employ.
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2014 at 9:29pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #96 - Apr 19th, 2014 at 9:30pm
Print Post  

Crown Heights Sanatorium - A state funded hospital formerly used to house patients with various infectious diseases. 

Hillcrest Treatment Center - A privately funded mental health treatment center that specializes in a variety of new and experimental treatment techniques. Who their financial backers are remains a mystery.

By all appearances, it's a well kept modern facility, with all the amenities associated with a high-end residential treatment facility, but if that's the actual case remains to be seen.

Belmont Mental Health Center: A state run mental hospital, then known as Belmont Mental Asylum, that was once used to house the "mentally deficient" and "criminally insane".

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #97 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
The Yakuza

While not a prominent as the various Empire City Triads, the Yakuza is alive and well within Empire City. At the moment, the Matsuoka-gumi are the largest group currently operating in EC, and are the focus of ECPD's Asian Gang Task Force. They're also on Major Crime's radar due to their use of contract capes. Namely a female villain by the name of White Lotus, a martial artist with the ability to alter her density. She can become diamond hard (Invulnerability), or Non-corporal at will.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #98 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 7:02am
Print Post  
Xerxes Xavier Jones - Xerxes Jones, AKA: X, is an African American male, and reputed crime boss controlling large portions of Empire City's underworld. And if rumors are to be believed, a low level superhuman.

« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2014 at 9:15pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #99 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Spectre Industries - A relatively new company that sprung up approximately five years ago, and took the tech industry by storm, filing several new patents for products that are literally decades ahead of anything their competitors have developed. Their "Ghostware" is reportedly in use by the NSA and other government agencies. Their SBox 3000 is the hottest video gaming system on the market.

Their elusive president, and CEO, Simon Drogo has never been seen in public, leaving the day to day operations of his company to his employees.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2014 at 6:18pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #100 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
The Night Breed - Various creatures that go bump in the night (Vampires, were-creatures, succubi, demons, etc.).

Hellgates - Portals, or doorways, to the various infernal planes.

Hellspawn - A demonic creature who clashed with the Guardians on several occasions.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #101 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
I'm bumping this up, as I just ran a "one off" game, and the guys have expressed interest in the game continuing. I'll be using certain elements of EC as the basis for the new game, as there's no reason for me to reinvent the wheel.

YIM  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #102 - Feb 6th, 2024 at 4:33am
Print Post  
Now that I have a reliable computer again I would still be interested in a game Dom

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #103 - Feb 6th, 2024 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Feb 6th, 2024 at 4:33am:
Now that I have a reliable computer again I would still be interested in a game Dom

Hit me up on Facebook.

YIM  
IP Logged

StrikeForce
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #104 - Feb 13th, 2024 at 12:17am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:12pm:
I'm bumping this up, as I just ran a "one off" game, and the guys have expressed interest in the game continuing. I'll be using certain elements of EC as the basis for the new game, as there's no reason for me to reinvent the wheel.

Dom, I agree. You put a lot of work into this.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools

>