Normal Topic V&V comic game materials (Read 1895 times)
Paul Sunderland
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

V&V comic game materials
Oct 12th, 2009 at 3:15am
Print Post  
Thought I'd move this question to a separate topic as I think it might have gotten lost in my ranting about the C@CC module and the comic book.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever used the game materials that came in the back of the comic books?  As I'm now thinking of running a new campaign in which I want to feature the Crushers as some of the major bad guys, and would like to bring both Manstar and Hauntress into that, I'm wondering what people think about them and if they have encountered any problems with them in game play?

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Re: V&V comic game materials
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 6:39am
Print Post  
I never used the gaming material. When the comic came out I remember picking what stuff I wanted to eventually use, Namely Shatterman, Condor, and the Hauntress, but never actually got around to using them in a game.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #2 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
I'm in the same boat; liked the additions but have never actually incorporated them into my game.

Part of that might be because I thought the Shrew was such a stupid character (one of the dorkiest looking of all villains) that I never used her in the original adventure.

I'm glad you brought this up, as I've been meaning to use Manstar, and think I will introduce him soon!    Smiley

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Could someone post these characters, or their write-ups, I've never seen the comics, and from the reviews you guys provide, I'm not feeling a need to rush out and purchase used copies.  Wink

IP Logged

Paul Sunderland
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Oct 16th, 2009 at 6:39pm:
Could someone post these characters, or their write-ups, I've never seen the comics, and from the reviews you guys provide, I'm not feeling a need to rush out and purchase used copies.  Wink

I tried putting one of them up and it exceeds the file limit size.  I don't want to reduce them down either because they're not the best quality in the world.  If you would like a copy let me know your e-mail address and I'll send them to you that way.

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #5 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 4:12pm
Print Post  

The resource materials from the V&V comic is available at Tim Hartin's V&V Emporium. Just follow this link, then scroll down to the bottom of that page:

http://paratime.ca/v_and_v/vav_covers.html

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Oct 16th, 2009 at 6:39pm:

Hey, not all of us hated them!  For me, they're still kept in an area where I can access them easier than my other comics, as I still pull them out and read them every 5 years or so.  I must have read each of them a half dozen times.  I guess I'm just a huge V&V fan, as I still think they're awesome and would pay big bucks for them.

The nice thing is, they can be gotten for pretty cheap.  The going rate on eBay for each issue looks to be a whopping buck (like buying something off the "dollar menu").  Well worth it!    Grin

IP Logged

Paul Sunderland
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #7 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 4:28am
Print Post  
polarboy wrote on Oct 18th, 2009 at 4:12pm:
The resource materials from the V&V comic is available at Tim Hartin's V&V Emporium. Just follow this link, then scroll down to the bottom of that page:

http://paratime.ca/v_and_v/vav_covers.html

Ah HA!  So that's where I got them from...  Couldn't remember where it was.  Thanks Polarboy.  Smiley

IP Logged

>