Normal Topic Size Change - have you ever noticed... (Read 858 times)
Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Size Change - have you ever noticed...
Dec 17th, 2009 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Have you ever noticed that with Size Change (larger or smaller), there are some reults you can only get if you can only change to 1 size and you pick that size?

For larger, you roll 1d6+1.  The table is set up like this:

-

So the only way to get results - and 1 are if you can only change to 1 size and you pick it.  Interestingly enough, those are both height factor 1.5, with - being weight factor 7 and 1 being weight factor 3.4.

For Smaller, you roll 1d6, but the table is set up
-
-

So it is the same result, in effect.  There are 2 powers you cannot randomly roll, you have to pick them.  The first - is Scale 3', HF 2, WF .125.  The second - is Scale 1', HF 6, WF .004.

I never noticed this until today.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: Size Change - have you ever noticed...
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
I'd forgottent that.  I only realized it because I've taken some characters (when working with a player as a GM at character construction time) and worked out each and every possible size they could be.  In other words, I would crunch the numbers and see what their Agility was at each size, their HP, Power, Movement, CC, etc.

It is kind of strange.

IP Logged

Captain Kurt
Sidekick

Gone Fishing

Re: Size Change - have you ever noticed...
Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 12:36am
Print Post  
Imaginos wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 at 1:07pm:
So the only way to get results - and 1 are if you can only change to 1 size and you pick it.  Interestingly enough, those are both height factor 1.5, with - being weight factor 7 and 1 being weight factor 3.4.For Smaller, you roll 1d6, but the table is set up--123456So it is the same result, in effect.  There are 2 powers you cannot randomly roll, you have to pick them.  The first - is Scale 3', HF 2, WF .125.  The second - is Scale 1', HF 6, WF .004.

I noticed that off the bat. I think the idea was that if you had the power to grow/shrink, it wouldn't be a strong enough power to only go to 9-feet tall or only shrink to 1-foot tall.

if you're in the 20-percent that can grow/shrink to multiple sizes, you certainly can stop at one of those heights.

And if you're stuck at one size, you might want to pick one of those heights, since they offer you the best chances of fitting in. It seems like an intentional decision to me. Not a fluke.

IP Logged

>