Normal Topic Poison/Venom Ideas (Read 1352 times)
polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Poison/Venom Ideas
Dec 26th, 2009 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Here's one of my ideas for a poison/venom. It could also work as a magical curse.

Poison/Venom: Degeneration

Description:
This poison attacks as Chemical Power and turns opponents' recuperative abilities against them. PR = 3 per attack.

With a successful hit, victims immediately lose Hit Points equal to their Healing Rate. Those protected by Armor A also lose ADR equal to five times their Healing Rate (the amount normally healed in one day).

Armor B and Invulnerability usually will not defend against this poison (GM's discretion), and victims cannot roll with damage.

Between turns, victims continue to take damage based on Healing Rate until they save vs. Endurance (d100).

Characters with the power Regeneration are particularly susceptible to this poison, and take damage between each phase until an Endurance save is made.

« Last Edit: Dec 26th, 2009 at 11:00pm by polarboy »  

IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Re: Poison/Venom Ideas
Reply #1 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 2:28am
Print Post  
Polarboy, that is a sweet version of poison/venom.  I especially like that while it turns the normal healing process against the target, the effect is even greater if you have regeneration.

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Ouch, I'd be hoping for some type of cure/anti-venom.  This sounds pretty deadly...

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
polarboy wrote on Dec 26th, 2009 at 10:45pm:
Here's one of my ideas for a poison/venom. It could also work as a magical curse.

Poison/Venom: Degeneration

Description:
This poison attacks as Chemical Power and turns opponents' recuperative abilities against them. PR = 3 per attack.

With a successful hit, victims immediately lose Hit Points equal to their Healing Rate. Those protected by Armor A also lose ADR equal to five times their Healing Rate (the amount normally healed in one day).

Armor B and Invulnerability usually will not defend against this poison (GM's discretion), and victims cannot roll with damage.

Between turns, victims continue to take damage based on Healing Rate until they save vs. Endurance (d100).

Characters with the power Regeneration are particularly susceptible to this poison, and take damage between each phase until an Endurance save is made.

I like the sound of this as a magic spell, so you can count it as stolen.  Cool

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #4 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
I had a player who was infected with a posion that acted as death touch and was only activated when mixed with lipids,  the poision secreted by muscles when they are fatigued.
The evil genius who designed this posion had this junk wait in your body until your power was at zero then you were struck with a death touch.

Evilllll ( put your finger to your mouth when you say that)

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #5 - Dec 29th, 2009 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
I really like this version of poison as well, polarboy!  The same day you posted this I ran a number of our older heroes up against updated Dragon's Claw villains from the adventure Honor.  I am kind of glad that Komodo Dragon's venom never worked, as I find paralysis-type poisons to be annoying (no player wants to sit and watch while everyone else plays).  Had I seen this before, I would have switched it to this version; it may have mattered, too, even though the poison the character had never went into effect.  Because of the nastiness of the paralysis venom, I made a number of ways to beat it (i.e., had to do HP damage if from a bite, Chemical carrier attack, E % save to shrug off, etc.).
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2009 at 3:18pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

>