Normal Topic What comic book runs is your campaign most like? (Read 989 times)
mel
Sidekick

vigilantesomething

What comic book runs is your campaign most like?
Feb 4th, 2010 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Just to clarify, I'm not asking which comics you like the best. I'm asking which comic book series--or runs on certain series--have a flavor and feel most like your current campaign.

Feel free to explain your answers as much as you like. I enjoy reading about other people's campaigns. Cheesy

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: What comic book runs is your campaign most like?
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2010 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
I am trying to make my comics feel like Wildstorm during the pinnacle of the Authority series.  Pretty much around the "Change or Die" story.   But I would like it if there were some Marvel "cosmic" stuff tossed in along with some DC's "Historic" feel.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2010 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Mine always feel like the Perez Avengers,  Clairmont/Cockran/Brynes X-Men, and Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans.  There is something about that flavor which I am most confortable with (and was the period that I enjoyed comics the most).

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2010 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
The Cougar wrote on Feb 14th, 2010 at 1:18pm:
Mine always feel like the Perez Avengers,  Clairmont/Cockran/Brynes X-Men, and Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans.  There is something about that flavor which I am most confortable with (and was the period that I enjoyed comics the most). 

The same with me.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #4 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
The Cougar wrote on Feb 14th, 2010 at 1:18pm:

Third that.

IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #5 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Mine vary actually. I'm a big fan of the copper era of comics, I guess you would say, along with the latter silver age. As a kid, the Secret Wars series got me seriously into comics, along with the book Origins Of Marvel Comics. My style is probably a bit more DC in a way though.
I've got to say that on average, Marvel's characters tend to be very epic in their strength, etc. Most notably strength (I'm thinking of the Secret Wars right off hand where many heroes and villains were picking up incredibly large stuff and tossing it about). Mine are a bit more toned down.... which V&V is in that vein if you consider that even a nice grace of heightened Strength and Endurance may not increase your carrying capacity to be too much more than that of an average forklift. But that's fine with me... after all, what's the use of big round vault doors in a bank if the average "tank" villain can just rip the vault door off the wall and toss it into the ocean like a frisbee?  Grin

"If The Truth Can Be Told, So As To Be Understood, It Will Be Believed."- Terence Mckenna
IP Logged

>