Normal Topic Generic Villains (Read 1102 times)
Aramax
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Generic Villains
Mar 18th, 2010 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
One of the things I most dislike about Super games in general is that for every hero there is 50 villains.It stretches logic that there would be that many villains.So with JLA v1.7
I,m running I found myself sliding into a solution that I,m very happy with.

In the first bunch of games they came up against Lex Luther
making clones of Kraven the Hunter(I have a lot of Kraven mini's)They stopped the production run but there are about 80 clones still running loose.

AIM has been fabricating Trapster,Scarecrow and Iron Man
suits of varying quality.

The wizardess Calypso sells mirror images of herself,not that many.

The Taskmaster and his daughter have been training the guys in the AIM outfits and also creating 3 kinds of Batman
One who is trained hand to hand like Batman,One who is trained w/gimics and batarangs and for exceptional students
the full Monty.

Hercules is under a curse and drinks and procreates and the world is full of 1/4 Olympians

In any given encounter I will run 0 to 50% of the baddies from this list,it provides many hooks andIve found the concept quite rewarding

IP Logged

Trev-Man
Sidekick

V&V Rocks!

Re: Generic Villains
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2010 at 2:15am
Print Post  
Sounds like you put a lot of thought into creating your world. I like that. You have a lot of built-in origins which probably helps explain not just why there are so many villains but how they came to be. Sweet.  Cool

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
While I agree that the ratio in comics/supers RPGs is often way too much, I will point out that - in real life - the ratio of "criminals" to law enforcement is way high.  Maybe not 50-1, but still significant.

Just something to consider...

IP Logged

Aramax
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Mar 20th, 2010 at 2:45pm:
While I agree that the ratio in comics/supers RPGs is often way too much, I will point out that - in real life - the ratio of "criminals" to law enforcement is way high.  Maybe not 50-1, but still significant.

You are 100% correct,however what I dont like is turning my super jail into a revolving door and to keep from making Villain after Villain.Dont get me wrong I still have a lot of em to use,I ,just really like this concept,it adds a touch of 'reality".My players have been into tracking down the Kravens .

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Aramax wrote on Mar 20th, 2010 at 3:54pm:
Majestic wrote on Mar 20th, 2010 at 2:45pm:

You are 100% correct,however what I dont like is turning my super jail into a revolving door and to keep from making Villain after Villain.Dont get me wrong I still have a lot of em to use,I ,just really like this concept,it adds a touch of 'reality".My players have been into tracking down the Kravens .

Very cool - I like what you've done, and I agree that it sounds like a really well thought-out backstory.  Kudos!

IP Logged

>