Normal Topic What Constitutes "Superhuman"? (Read 450 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

What Constitutes "Superhuman"?
Apr 15th, 2010 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
I know we've talked about this a bit before on other threads, but I thought I'd throw out our official house rule on the matter:

2.4 BASIC CHARACTERISTICS (p. 3)
Physical Basic Characteristics (Strength, Endurance, and Agility) of 25 and higher indicate that a character has paranormal powers.  In other words, a score of 24 in these physical Basic Characteristics is the highest that a normal human can achieve through training and work; anything higher indicates that the character has moved into the realm of the superhuman.  If a character achieves a higher total by rolling on the Skills chart, then it can be assumed that the character’s genetics have somehow been affected by something else, allowing them to attain true superpowers.  Alternately, that Basic Characteristic could be limited to 24, if the goal is to keep that character completely human.  Some equipment is able to detect the presence of paranormals, and advanced technology is commonly used at superpowered prisons and containment facilities to dampen actual powers.  Such equipment can not ordinarily reduce powers rolled as Skills or achieved by training, provided the character has not gone past the human maximum.

IP Logged

>