Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) V&V 2.1 IS ON SALE NOW!!! (Read 2271 times)
Monkey House Jack
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

V&V 2.1 IS ON SALE NOW!!!
Jun 27th, 2010 at 2:22am
Print Post  
IT'S BACK! VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ 2.1 IS ON SALE NOW!!!

MONKEY HOUSE GAMES™ HAS BROUGHT BACK VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™!

Many couldn’t believe it, but just as promised- today, June 27, 2010- MONKEY HOUSE GAMES™ has revived the classic, industry-changing superhero role-playing game VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ by releasing version 2.1 through RPGNow.com.

“We are calling this version 2.1 because it is only an incremental step from the 1982 Revised Edition. In this version we fix some tragically ill-placed typos, repair a few problems from the 1982 edition and include just a couple of rules additions.” MONKEY HOUSE GAMES™ co-founder and VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ co-designer Jeff Dee said.

When asked about the art, Dee revealed “It features a cover I drew back in 1985 that I had always intended to put on a future edition of Villains and Vigilantes. Apart from that, the art is all new, created specifically for this version. All of it features pre-established characters from the V&V Universe. If you had a favorite character I drew in V&V, you’ll probably see them in here. The art gives you a clearer and deeper look into our world then you have ever seen before.”

“For our company’s first release, we wanted to deliver the same kind of experience players remember from the original game. It is basically still the same make and model, but it has been tuned up, just a little tricked out, and has a smokin’ new paint job.” Co-founder of MONKEY HOUSE GAMES™ and VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ co-designer Jack Herman added. “It’s everything you enjoyed about Villains and Vigilantes, only more so.”

VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ 2.1 is on sale now. The release date for the first V&V™ 2.1 adventure INTERCRIME: HOSTILE TAKEOVER™ is July 4, 2010. They will both be sold through RPGnow.com.

Visit the MONKEY HOUSE GAMES™ Store at RPGnow:

http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=3246

VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ is the classic tabletop superhero role-playing game created by Jeff Dee and Jack Herman. Both VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ and INTERCRIME: HOSTILE TAKEOVER™ are trademarks of MONKEY HOUSE GAMES™.

MONKEY HOUSE GAMES™ is the game company created by Jeff Dee and Jack Herman for the release of all material relating to the VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ Universe, and is the exclusive source for officially authorized VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ role-playing game material.

For further information, please visit www.monkeyhousegames.com or just type www.villainsandvigilantes.com into your browser

Stay connected with VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ and MONKEY HOUSE GAMES™ on Facebook.

IP Logged

Black Bolt
Avenger

Leader of the Inhuman
Debating Society

Re: V&V 2.1 IS ON SALE NOW!!!
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 2:59am
Print Post  
I bought my PDF copy at RPGNow.com. I even bought a PDF copy of MHG's Intercrime: Hostile Takeover just to show my support (I already had a comp copy of the Unigames version that Jeff gave me (and others) back when I was converting V&V characters to LL).

Cheers,
Tim

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 11:06am
Print Post  
I bought my PDF copy.

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

SteveZ
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Bought and reading through.  Looks good!

IP Logged

Black Bolt
Avenger

Leader of the Inhuman
Debating Society

Reply #4 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
I thought I should mention that at RPGNow, in the 'Products found in this section...' part, it has the V&V 2.1 PDF listed as being free. But at the top of the page in the 'Newest Products in This Section' gives the correct price. Just thought you might want to bring that up with the people behind RPGNow.

Cheers,
Tim

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #5 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
I got my copy this morning, before heading out to work, but I'm just now getting to look through it.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Jeff Dee
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #6 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
Black Bolt wrote on Jun 27th, 2010 at 8:39pm:
I thought I should mention that at RPGNow, in the 'Products found in this section...' part, it has the V&V 2.1 PDF listed as being free. But at the top of the page in the 'Newest Products in This Section' gives the correct price.

Does it say "free", or does it say $0.00?

I'm betting that it says the latter. This is because, when you list a product on RPGNow, they ask you for two prices. One is the price for the physical book, and one is the price for the pdf. They won't let you leave the physical book price blank, but since 2.1 hasn't got a print version (yet), I had no idea what its price would be. So I put $0, which I think is better than *guessing* and leaving folks to think that some made-up number was the price for which the POD version is gonna sell Smiley

-Jeff Dee
Monkey House Games

IP Logged

Black Bolt
Avenger

Leader of the Inhuman
Debating Society

Reply #7 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
It says $0.00 at the top part of the page. Naturally the $0.00 price is crossed out and the real price is visible. In the middle section it says free and not $0.00. I made a screen cap of it.

I just mentioned it because I know on another board someone mentioned he thought it was free and it wasn't until he started going through the checkout process when he hit the actual price (I guess he didn't look at the top part of the page). It's obviously an artifact from the website's PHP code/online store, but I thought you might want to be aware of it. Wink

Cheers,
Tim
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2010 at 11:30pm by Black Bolt »  
IP Logged

Jeff Dee
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #8 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
Wow - you're absolutely right. Thanks for the heads up!

I've changed the print price to $99.99. That fixes the display (it shows the proper pdf price of $7.50 now), and I don't think anyone will mind when the POD version sells for much, much less than a hundred bucks Wink

-Jeff Dee
Monkey House Games

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #9 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 9:54am
Print Post  
When will we be able to buy the physical Book? I'm not much into PDF's

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

Jeff Dee
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #10 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Jun 28th, 2010 at 9:54am:
When will we be able to buy the physical Book? I'm not much into PDF's

Within a few days. Thanks for your patience!

-Jeff Dee
Monkey House Games

IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #11 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
I bought the PDf yesterday morning, but I'm still looking forward to picking up the print edition myself.  Also looking forward to Intercrime.

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #12 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Got mine! Great cover image, Jeff!

Happy to see:

-Great new character images, with names called out
-Adaptation!
-A nuclear blast that normal folks can't survive
-The Albrecht Durer woodcut
-The decades-long mysteries of the Experience Table solved at last
-Gunsmith's "Pistol Vision"
-You guys, back in business!

Great job!
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2010 at 2:15pm by Doctor Foom »  
IP Logged

Allen Shock
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #13 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Doctor Foom wrote on Jun 28th, 2010 at 1:36pm:
-The Albrecht Durer woodcut

That made me think of a sketch from one of the German Monty Python episodes Smiley

Allen

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #14 - Jun 30th, 2010 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
The whole thing is great.  New fun stuff, incredible art, and no major wholesale changes to the game we love.  Great job, Jeff and Jack!!!    Smiley

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #15 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Any word yet when we can buy a print copy?

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

Gigglestick
Sidekick

"Laugh-a while you ken,
munkey boy!"

Reply #16 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
OK,
So what about the older V&V stuff?  I've noticed that Opponents Unlimited, MW1, Dawn of the DNA, and FORCE haven't been available as print or pdf from FGU for a while now.

IS there some reason for this? And will we see these in print again (or even better, updated) as part of the new V&V?

(I assume my hope for a reprint of Death Duel is a lost cause...)

IP Logged

Troy...
Apprentice

Reply #17 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Gigglestick wrote on Jul 8th, 2010 at 6:09pm:
OK,
So what about the older V&V stuff?I've noticed that Opponents Unlimited, MW1, Dawn of the DNA, and FORCE haven't been available as print or pdf from FGU for a while now.

IS there some reason for this? And will we see these in print again (or even better, updated) as part of the new V&V?

You could contact the publisher if you have questions about availability. Otherwise, you can buy some of these products online from other webstores.

IP Logged

Allen Shock
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #18 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Gigglestick wrote on Jul 8th, 2010 at 6:09pm:
OK,
So what about the older V&V stuff?  I've noticed that Opponents Unlimited, MW1, Dawn of the DNA, and FORCE haven't been available as print or pdf from FGU for a while now.

Maybe they had sold out of those and thus had no copies left to scan for the PDFs.

Allen

IP Logged

Duroon
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #19 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
That's possible but Secret in The Swamp was unavailable as a pdf for a long time, but it is available through RPGNow as a pdf. Not sure long it has been available though. My understanding is that the majority of the stuff available in print from FGU is NOS (New Old Stock) or, to put it simply, stuff they have had in the warehouse for years. Now I could be completely wrong about that of course but the rumors were, again rumors, that FGU was willing to sell the rights to V&V as long as the purchaser was willing to buy all the old stock of books still left lying around.

I would take all rumors with a grain of salt though, that and a couple sticks of celery will keep you from getting too hungry between meals.
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2010 at 6:33pm by Duroon »  
IP Logged

Troy...
Apprentice

Reply #20 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Duroon wrote on Jul 8th, 2010 at 6:28pm:
That's possible but Secret in The Swamp was unavailable as a pdf for a long time, but it is available through RPGNow as a pdf. Not sure long it has been available though. My understanding is that the majority of the stuff available in print from FGU is NOS (New Old Stock) or, to put it simply, stuff they have had in the warehouse for years. Now I could be completely wrong about that of course but the rumors were, again rumors, that FGU was willing to sell the rights to V&V as long as the purchaser was willing to buy all the old stock of books still left lying around. I would take all rumors with a grain of salt though, that and a couple sticks of celery will keep you from getting too hungry between meals.

I got in touch a while back with FGU when I had some questions about what has been going on. I'd sugget contacting them with questions about rumors, etc. The publisher was very conscientious and kind when responding to me.

IP Logged

Agent Canada
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #21 - Jul 14th, 2010 at 12:26am
Print Post  
Hey everybody, seems you already heard. I ordered my print copy today got a posting from Lulu in my Email complete with discount code.
  WAY TO GO JEFF & JACK

IP Logged

>