Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Upcoming V&V Releases (Read 128598 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: Upcoming V&V Releases
Reply #210 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Thanks for enlarging these, D!  When I went to FGU's website (at least from work), they wouldn't enlarge.  Now much bigger (where you can see what's on them), they both look fantastic!

I'm looking forward to both of them!   Cool

The Great Bridge one, not so much (I hate anime).    Sad

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #211 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Jan 20th, 2011 at 10:00pm:
Thanks for enlarging these, D!  When I went to FGU's website (at least from work), they wouldn't enlarge.  Now much bigger (where you can see what's on them), they both look fantastic!

I'm looking forward to both of them!   Cool

The Great Bridge one, not so much (I hate anime).    Sad  

IMHO, Anime is like anything else, some of it I like (Vampire Hunter D, Bubble Gum Crisis, Ninja Scroll, Demon City, Guyver, and others), some of it I can't stand (Yugioh, Poke'mon, Sailor Moon, etc.), and makes me want to gouge my eyes out. I'm interested in checking out what they come up with.
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2011 at 10:59pm by dsumner »  

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #212 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 10:49am
Print Post  
I haven't seen the artwork on Great Bridge - I'm hoping that even though the theme is all the Japan stuff it still comes in an American art-style-type-root...

If it's not fun, we're not doing it right.

IP Logged

Duroon
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #213 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Not a huge fan of Anime myself but I have a couple of friends that are. They aren't fans of superhero RPG's though. Some Anime is better than others, like all things. I am sure there are some V&V/Anime fans around.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #214 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Duroon wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 1:05pm:
Not a huge fan of Anime myself but I have a couple of friends that are. They aren't fans of superhero RPG's though. Some Anime is better than others, like all things. I am sure there are some V&V/Anime fans around.

As I'd said earlier, some of it I like, some of it I don't. I used to LOVE shows like Robotech (Macross), Battle of the Planets (G-Froce), Starblazers (Battleship Yamoto), Speed Racer, Marine Boy, Voltron, etc. They were great, and would love to see something like G-Force or Voltron for V&V.

YIM  
IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #215 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 3:09pm:
Duroon wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 1:05pm:

As I'd said earlier, some of it I like, some of it I don't. I used to LOVE shows like Robotech (Macross), Battle of the Planets (G-Froce), Starblazers (Battleship Yamoto), Speed Racer, Marine Boy, Voltron, etc. They were great, and would love to see something like G-Force or Voltron for V&V. 

You don't know how many people in Arizona have never heard of half those shows... I watched them all as a kid/teen Cheesy. They think I'm high or something when I talk about Marine Boy, and GForce, Kimba all those...
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2011 at 4:20pm by AlabasterKnight »  

IP Logged

PulpCitizen
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #216 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
The Vigilantes International and Enemies at Large covers both look great; got my Giants 2 & 3 recently so will no doubt grab those.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #217 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
PulpCitizen wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 5:50pm:
The Vigilantes International and Enemies at Large covers both look great;

Yeah, both of those do look pretty good.

YIM  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #218 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
AlabasterKnight wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 4:18pm:
They think I'm high or something when I talk about Marine Boy, ...

Well, aren't you, especially if you are chewing Oxygum!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #219 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
heh.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #220 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 3:08am
Print Post  
I've put together a list (in Excel) of all of the new adventures and supplements that have come out in the last year or two (if anybody wants a copy, be sure to let me know and I'll send you one!)

One question (for polarboy) that I have from Escape From The Micro-Universe and Return To The Micro-Universe:

Most V&V adventures have something early on (usually in the introduction) that gives an idea of (1) how many players and (2) what Level the PCs should be.  The only thing I found in Escape is a comment that there would be some things referenced within the adventure proper.  I haven't read through it yet, so was wondering about how many players it's meant for, and about what Levels you would recommend.  Just glancing at the Levels of the villains, I would guess it's for 4-6 players of Level 4-6 or so.  Does that sound about right?

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #221 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 3:19am
Print Post  
Same question for Mr. Alabaster Knight in regards to The Hero Within.  Just by looking at it (I haven't gotten a chance to read through it yet, either), I'm guessing 1-3 heroes of Level 1-4.

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #222 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 9:42am
Print Post  
1-3 heroes of Level 1-4 would be a good recommendation, with the balancing factor being an increase or decrease in the number of TIC-TAC-TOE agents...

Thanks Majestic.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #223 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Jan 31st, 2011 at 3:08am:
I've put together a list (in Excel) of all of the new adventures and supplements that have come out in the last year or two (if anybody wants a copy, be sure to let me know and I'll send you one!)?

Have you added it to either of the Yahoo V&V groups?

YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #224 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 2:48am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Jan 31st, 2011 at 9:55pm:
I've put together a list (in Excel) of all of the new adventures and supplements that have come out in the last year or two (if anybody wants a copy, be sure to let me know and I'll send you one!)?

No, and I'm not sure I should clog up their limited space for Files, either.  After all, it's going to be somewhat obsolete pretty quickly (unless I keep updating it).

I suppose it probably won't take up that much space, so perhaps I'll do that.

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #225 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Most V&V adventures have something early on (usually in the introduction) that gives an idea of (1) how many players and (2) what Level the PCs should be.The only thing I found in Escape is a comment that there would be some things referenced within the adventure proper.I haven't read through it yet, so was wondering about how many players it's meant for, and about what Levels you would recommend.Just glancing at the Levels of the villains, I would guess it's for 4-6 players of Level 4-6 or so.Does that sound about right?

Like a number of published V&V adventures, Escape from the Micro-Universe doesn't indicate a specific number of players or level range--and there are some notes within the adventure on ways to adjust the opponents based on the strength of the PCs (when the opponents first arrive and when/if the heroes enter Naqlid City).

The adventure emphasizes that the Micro-Craft can seat 6 characters comfortably, so that was the number used during playtesting.

In the Sequel, Heightened Intelligence, Senses, and Strength will be a huge help!

IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #226 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 12:07am
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Feb 1st, 2011 at 2:48am:

No, and I'm not sure I should clog up their limited space for Files, either.  After all, it's going to be somewhat obsolete pretty quickly (unless I keep updating it).

I don't think either group would  mind the addition to the file space.  However, another option would be to load it to googledocs and share it.  You can set it so nobody else can edit it, or allow specific people to do so.  Then just post the link wherever.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #227 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Imaginos wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 12:07am:
Majestic wrote on Feb 1st, 2011 at 2:48am:

I don't think either group would  mind the addition to the file space.  However, another option would be to load it to googledocs and share it.  You can set it so nobody else can edit it, or allow specific people to do so.  Then just post the link wherever.

Good idea!  With Googledocs, though, it wouldn't be available for most V&V fans, though, right?  Only those specific people whom I selected to share it with, correct?

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #228 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 5:05am
Print Post  
polarboy wrote on Feb 1st, 2011 at 8:43pm:
Most V&V adventures have something early on (usually in the introduction) that gives an idea of (1) how many players and (2) what Level the PCs should be.The only thing I found in Escape is a comment that there would be some things referenced within the adventure proper.I haven't read through it yet, so was wondering about how many players it's meant for, and about what Levels you would recommend.Just glancing at the Levels of the villains, I would guess it's for 4-6 players of Level 4-6 or so.Does that sound about right?

Like a number of published V&V adventures, Escape from the Micro-Universe doesn't indicate a specific number of players or level range--and there are some notes within the adventure on ways to adjust the opponents based on the strength of the PCs (when the opponents first arrive and when/if the heroes enter Naqlid City).

The adventure emphasizes that the Micro-Craft can seat 6 characters comfortably, so that was the number used during playtesting.

In the Sequel, Heightened Intelligence, Senses, and Strength will be a huge help!

Thanks for the heads up on this info, polarboy!  I have to admit that I scanned through Escape pretty quickly (I may allow another of our GMs to run it, so I didn't want to study it too closely) and haven't had the privilege of reading through it yet.  Sounds like you had some info in there, and I just missed it.

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #229 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 5:57am
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Feb 5th, 2011 at 5:05am:
Thanks for the heads up on this info, polarboy!I have to admit that I scanned through Escape pretty quickly (I may allow another of our GMs to run it, so I didn't want to study it too closely) and haven't had the privilege of reading through it yet.Sounds like you had some info in there, and I just missed it.

I should also add that we recommend in the author intro to Escape that the PCs are already established, which I realize could mean different things to different people. Ultimately, it will help if the heroes have started to break in their powers--since the adventure throws extra dimension and some additional power facets into the mix.

My younger brother's recommendation is that the group (of about six heroes) should be at least 2nd level, and probably levels 2-4. The adventure suggests a GM caveat or two if the heroes are more powerful or need some help.

My brother also added that if Escape from the Micro-Universe ran as a comic book story arc (back in the 1970s-1980s), the PC team should go through the adventure during issues #10-14 of their series.  How's that for detail! Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2011 at 6:01am by polarboy »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #230 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
polarboy wrote on Feb 5th, 2011 at 5:57am:
Majestic wrote on Feb 5th, 2011 at 5:05am:
Thanks for the heads up on this info, polarboy!I have to admit that I scanned through Escape pretty quickly (I may allow another of our GMs to run it, so I didn't want to study it too closely) and haven't had the privilege of reading through it yet.Sounds like you had some info in there, and I just missed it.

I should also add that we recommend in the author intro to Escape that the PCs are already established, which I realize could mean different things to different people. Ultimately, it will help if the heroes have started to break in their powers--since the adventure throws extra dimension and some additional power facets into the mix.

My younger brother's recommendation is that the group (of about six heroes) should be at least 2nd level, and probably levels 2-4. The adventure suggests a GM caveat or two if the heroes are more powerful or need some help.

My brother also added that if Escape from the Micro-Universe ran as a comic book story arc (back in the 1970s-1980s), the PC team should go through the adventure during issues #10-14 of their series.  How's that for detail! Smiley

More great stuff, polarboy!  Thanks again for this!   Smiley

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #231 - Mar 15th, 2011 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Just a quick update. FGU is set to release Enemies at large, in the near future, and the Japanese themed "Great Bridge" is nearing completion. They've also annouced a new adventure called, The Sands of Time.

Over on the MHG front, they've announced they've team up to release a V&V card game later this year.

YIM  
IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #232 - Mar 15th, 2011 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Not into card games myself, and I think someone else mentioned that too.

Wonder what made them decide on a card game?

Can't wait for the Great Bridge (heck, I can't wait for all of them, including the card deck!)

IP Logged

Duroon
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #233 - Mar 15th, 2011 at 10:51am
Print Post  
I think that the company producing the card game for them actually approached them with the idea, not completely sure on that though. Someone on the MHG forum suggested blank cards and stickers so that people could add their own characters to the game and they said it was a great idea that they would be adding to the CCG.

Imagine being able to have your own character fight alongside the Crusaders!

They also announced a distribution deal with Cubicle 7 to bring V&V back to the shelves of local game stores. Looks like MHG will be putting their books on shelves this summer, they are dropping the POD option.

Kinda torn on the dropping of the POD store, but seeing V&V on game store shelves will be pretty cool!

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #234 - Mar 15th, 2011 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Duroon wrote on Mar 15th, 2011 at 10:51am:
seeing V&V on game store shelves will be pretty cool!

...yes it will.
The CCG assumption is probably on the mark there too; It would always seem that internal publishers would more likely license their products than incur the cost to produce the material themselves.

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #235 - Mar 15th, 2011 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Why are you "torn"?

Also, won't the print product be the same as POD in appearance?

IP Logged

Duroon
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #236 - Mar 15th, 2011 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Mainly torn because some stores simply won't pick up the V&V materials, small press stuff won't get distributed to every game store in the world. With POD, anyone, anywhere, can get a copy easily shipped to their own home. I imagine that Cubicle 7 will distribute to some online stores as well. Actually print runs have a bit of a delay over POD products though, we may have to wait just a bit longer to get the product in our hands is all.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #237 - Mar 15th, 2011 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
It looks like it is pretty easy to order directly from Cubicle 7's website, though.  Being an English site, you have to click on an icon to turn things from English pounds (the default) to US dollars.

Things seemed priced a bit steep there, too, so I'm hopeful that the pricing will be about the same (hopefully they don't make too big of a markup).

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #238 - Mar 15th, 2011 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Is there any sneak peek artwork for Great Bridge yet?

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #239 - Mar 15th, 2011 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Unfortunately, no... and believe me, I am chompin' a bit to see it! Cheesy

IP Logged

PulpCitizen
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #240 - Mar 27th, 2011 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Duroon wrote on Mar 15th, 2011 at 11:34am:
Mainly torn because some stores simply won't pick up the V&V materials, small press stuff won't get distributed to every game store in the world. With POD, anyone, anywhere, can get a copy easily shipped to their own home. I imagine that Cubicle 7 will distribute to some online stores as well. Actually print runs have a bit of a delay over POD products though, we may have to wait just a bit longer to get the product in our hands is all.

Another advantage of PoD is that an item is always 'in stock' as long as the associated store is maintained, isn't that the case?
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2011 at 10:15am by PulpCitizen »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #241 - Apr 20th, 2011 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Just to add a few updates, FGU added "The Sands of Time" to its list of upcoming products. And Stefan Jones has announced he's got a collection of five mini-adventures in development, for MHG.

YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #242 - Apr 21st, 2011 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
By my count, there's a total of 22 new products in the last year or two (that's counting mini-adventures and everything).

Who'da thunk it after going 25+ years with nothing that we'd ever be at this stage again?    Cool

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #243 - Jul 3rd, 2011 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
It's been a minute since I've updated this (as I've been a little busy), but here's what I know is on the horizon.

FGU's next release should be Great Bridge, a villain compendium detailing Japanese villains, and info on the agency tasked with dealing with them.

They've also at least two other adventures in development, including the Poseidon Line, by James Bishop.

Over at MHG, Jeff Dee has stated he's working on the maps for an as yet unnamed new adventure, as well as continuing development on V&V 3.0. And Stefan Jones is still working on his series of mini-adventures, but hit a severe case of writer's block (I know the feeling quite well). As I find out additional info, I'll keep you guys posted.
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2011 at 2:55pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #244 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Great Bridge is up and available and Giant number 4 is off to press...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23
Topic Tools

>