Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Enjoy the boobies!! - NSFW! (Read 103573 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Enjoy the boobies!! - NSFW!
Oct 9th, 2010 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Ok, enough is enough.  I don't want to ban any topics, but I am tired of thread hijacking.   Any arguing over the MHG and FGU will be moved to this thread.  Anything on that topic before this post will stay where it is, but anthing posted onto those threads that keeps the battle alive will be moved to this thread.
No need to spead it to other topics, and this way,  I  will stay to true to my ideal of not banning topics and people who wish to just enjoy the game can see right away what thread to avoid.

If I miss anything that should be put in this thread, PM me and I will do it when I can.

I hope this satisfies all parties.

And for the record, I am done with the argument as I have player characters to kill!
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2012 at 4:28pm by Paul »  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Re: FGU vs MHG
Reply #1 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
You know I'm starting to see this whole thing as a no-win situation:

If MHG wins:
We lose all the old stuff.  Jeff 'n Jack have shown no interest in it and it will likely be discontinued.

If FGU wins:
Jeff's out and probably won't come back.  Jack will probably follow him.  And Bill Willingham, Ken Cliffe, Stefan Jones, etc. too.

So it doesn't matter who wins, the fans lose.

mw

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 1:40am
Print Post  
mw, If FGU wins, Jeff probably remains out as he chose a long time ago, partly because I can't imagine he would want to stay, partly because this MHG/FGU thing really is a bridge burner for him.
Everyone else are grown men and will make their decisions as their relationships dictate with Scott...
It is a no win though, I agree. Sad

If it's not fun, we're not doing it right.

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #3 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
AlabasterKnight wrote on Oct 11th, 2010 at 1:40am:
Everyone else are grown men

Dude, this is the kind of commentary is what ran Troy off. You really need to look in the mirror when you spew this stuff. You can make what are some perfectly legitimate points and then turn noxious and everything you said loses any chance to sway your audience. Once again Troy is a prime example of your "effective" speaking ability to sway people to your side with your approach

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #4 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Did anyone tell Troy that John has limited discussion of this topic to this thread?  I hate to see him leave...

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #5 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
What is wrong with you people?
DUDE, you could have said other things to agree. Angry

Let me be clear: These are business relationships and nothing is set in stone. The situation is a no win for fans ANYWAY right NOW.
Let's not forecast doom. Wink
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2010 at 7:31pm by AlabasterKnight »  

IP Logged

Duroon
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #6 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Actually I see the current situation as a win for the fans, new material is coming out and old fans of the game are rediscovering it. Heck new fans of the game are discovering it as well; I know I have been spreading the word on several non V&V centric forums!

In regards to when things are finally settled, most of the new material is being produced by new authors. If FGU is going to allow third party publishing without huge fee's that will continue if they end up winning. If MHG wins the third party agreement allows stuff to be created with no fee being paid to MHG, they just want to look over the proposal and make sure it doesn't copy something they already have planned.

Sounds like a win-win for me. From a fan standpoint the only way this is a losing proposition is if we sit here bad mouthing each other and causing strife, I know I have been guilty of that in the past but I am looking forward now and keeping my fingers crossed for what I believe to be the best possible end to the struggle. If MHG loses I will keep playing and buy third party materials, heck I may throw my hat in the ring and try and create a few third party materials as well.

IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #7 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Ranger wrote on Oct 11th, 2010 at 7:00pm:
AlabasterKnight wrote on Oct 11th, 2010 at 1:40am:
Everyone else are grown men

Dude, this is the kind of commentary is what ran Troy off. You really need to look in the mirror when you spew this stuff. You can make what are some perfectly legitimate points and then turn noxious and everything you said loses any chance to sway your audience. Once again Troy is a prime example of your "effective" speaking ability to sway people to your side with your approach

I had to reread your post and AK's to see what happened here.  I believe you are reading AK's post as saying "everyone else are grown men", with the implication that Jeff is not.  When I read his post, I'm reading it as "Dee has burned bridges, but everyone else can make their own bridges".

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #8 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 12:58am
Print Post  
A) I agree totally with Duroon

B) In regards to Imaginos statement: If this is what AK meant then I humbly apologize for my assumption. My commentary is obviously influenced by previous commentary. However it would unfair of me to not allow for a change of heart and attitude on AK's part so once again I'll assume Imaginos is correct in his interpretation and hope we all can work toward improving the V&V community

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #9 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 7:25am
Print Post  
I meant to post on this myself yesterday but at the time my wife was on the main pc and I have discovered this little response box here is impossible to see your type in if you are working on a Dell mini 9. I'm going to buy a large magnifying glass for that thing's screen.  Grin
Anyways, I understand the tense feelings that come with this topic. There is a great sense of passion behind the expressions of everyone that posts in regards to the situation with FGU/MHG, and some of the passions are for FGU, against FGU, for MHG, against MHG, etc. Sometimes this passion about the game can be a negative thing, as it results in people leaving, flame wars, things said before they are carefully planned out (I know, I'm stumbling pretty good here myself), etc. But, considering that this is an older game, one that is in the midst of experiencing a fresh renewal in interest amongst gamers, the passion is a good thing. This passion for either being for or against a particular side is directly related to an interest in V&V itself. It has sorta turned into something akin to watching football. One one side you've got Team A (Bears?) fans and on the other side you have Team B (Green Bay?) fans... both love the game, both love football, both share that common interest (alongside piling up empty cans and spilling bits of popcorn and Fritos all over the carpet), but both feel very strongly about the side that they've banked on.
And then, of course, there's a vast middle (fans of other teams with the NFL bit, those that are just purely tied to the V&V game itself) that simply want to get into the game (insert the EA Sports quick ad here).

But, this passion and interest in V&V and where V&V is going can again prove to be destructive. As fans start to become equally (or nearly as equally) as passionate about the controversy between FGU/MHG as they are the game itself, the stage is set for potential significant losses in growing interest and consumer support, regardless of which side wins out in the end. This, in my opinion (and take it as my opinion only), is what Alabaster Knight and Display Name were agreeing on more or less. Granted, I know that most of the argument was over AK's statement about "grown men" but something that I've discovered about the net with forum boards, email, chat, etc. is that a great deal of intended inflection is lost with the absence of vocal pitch, sound of voice, accompanying body movements, facial expressions, etc. Not even a 1,000 emotioncons, or whatever the smiley face things are called, can truly add those important aspects of communication back in. Sometimes what we read is what we read, plain and simple, but sometimes we add our own impression of voice pitch, facial expression, etc. (thus, essentially we add our own interpretations) to what is said.
Now, I'm not saying that this happened here, at this particular time... but, it is a feature of this new way of communicating that I'm sure is almost a second variety of dialect for many of us older gamers  Wink to get used to.

Anyways, lost in translation or not aside, getting back to the main beef of the issue. The last thing that we want to do is alienate each other. V&V is going through a very exciting time right now, battles and disputes aside, but that could easily fizzle if the fans their selves start taking it out on each other, getting frustrated, and thinking "you know, if I just went off and put my concentrations towards another game I would find that I would have less headaches, heartbreaks, and misery attached to my past time." On that note, this also applies to designers... it is exactly the same thought I had in my head and the reason you've not seen much out of me in the last few months was a direct result of being tore up over the whole controversy and thinking that it was better to just use other games as a creative outlet for my design interests. I've only recently gotten back into working on V&V products again after deciding that I really didn't care about the battles, I needed to just worry about what I do... create.
The thing is, V&V has a lot of competition out there and in order to keep the products rolling out... regardless of who's producing them... its gonna take us as a whole, together, supporting the interest, sharing ideas, and having a few happy discussions about our V&V experiences... not fighting. And when I'm talking about V&V's competition, I'm not speaking of Champions, GURPS, Pathfinder, etc. I'm talking about the V&V interest shares the same competition as with all role playing games in general..... video games, World of Warcraft, Heroclix, Magic the Gathering cards, home gaming consoles, family game rooms (pool tables etc.), expensive family ventures (aka going to the movies), etc. etc. etc. V&V may be primarily in the market of paper and dice games, but it is also very much a part of the larger market of entertainment... the last thing we need is to make the game seem less friendly (and hence less fun) and watch people's free time interests go elsewhere.

That said, I'm crawling back into my shell where I refuse to speak of the conflict and I'm going back to work.  Wink

"If The Truth Can Be Told, So As To Be Understood, It Will Be Believed."- Terence Mckenna
IP Logged

Jeff Dee
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #10 - Oct 13th, 2010 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Oct 10th, 2010 at 11:37pm:
If MHG wins:
We lose all the old stuff.Jeff 'n Jack have shown no interest in it and it will likely be discontinued.

This is not entirely correct. We are very interested in negotiating for the rights to the old stuff with its authors. First things first, though Smiley

-Jeff Dee
Monkey House Games

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #11 - Oct 13th, 2010 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Wow, why the change of heart, Jeff?

:EDIT: I guess I knew he wouldn't answer. Sad
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2010 at 6:07pm by AlabasterKnight »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #12 - Oct 13th, 2010 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
While I think it's great to see new V&V product being released (as well as some stuff that's been sitting on the shelf for decades), I think the way it's happening is unfortunate. While I would love to see both FGU and MHG be able to continue to produce material,  as each has something unique to offer V&V fans, that's not going to happen. one of the parties is going to loose, and I think everyone from teh fans to the creators, is going to suffer for it.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Duroon
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #13 - Oct 13th, 2010 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Oct 13th, 2010 at 5:57pm:
While I would love to see both FGU and MHG be able to continue to produce material,as each has something unique to offer V&V fans, that's not going to happen. one of the parties is going to loose, and I think everyone from teh fans to the creators, is going to suffer for it. 

Sooo here is a quick question for AK. In the event that MHG wins this will you still work on creating new V&V content and submit it, either for publishing by MHG or as your own third party product? I hope the answer is yes personally.

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #14 - Oct 13th, 2010 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
I would certainly consider it.

Truth be told my very staunch and vocal opposition to MHGs tactics/ethics and direct criticism of Jeff in particular keeps me rooted in the reality that I don't think they'd have me in the Monkey House proper.
Of third party stuff, I would always hope to continue production for the fans if nothing else.
Ya know, Time wraps around and you find yourself back in places you didn't know you'd be - etc etc...
When I was available for production in the early 90's, FGU probably didn't 'need' artists, and timing worked out for the now. But I was always around lurking with V&V having a special notch on my shelf.

None of us wishes this was happening, but if you took it all away and there was a calm sea, I'd still be drawing characters and making up stories about superheroes.

James Bishop
Alabaster Knight

IP Logged

Duroon
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #15 - Oct 13th, 2010 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Thanks AK, that's the answer I was hoping for!

And with that I imagine we can all breath a collective sigh of relief. I am willing to say that we can expect all of the new authors to continue producing material for the game regardless of how things turn out in the courts.

And that makes this V&V revival a win for everyone.

IP Logged

Allen Shock
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #16 - Oct 13th, 2010 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Depending on how things work out, given the free licensing agreement MHG has offered, there would be no reason that Scott couldn't just continue right on putting stuff out for V&V for as long as he wanted to.

Allen

IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #17 - Oct 13th, 2010 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Well, I for one, as a fan, just wish this stuff would all get resolved so discussions could focus on the game rather than the IP/TM of the game.  Does anybody have an idea on when the USPTO will make their call - or how long it normally takes?
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2010 at 11:56pm by Imaginos »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #18 - Oct 13th, 2010 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
Imaginos wrote on Oct 13th, 2010 at 11:54pm:
Well, I for one, as a fan, just wish this stuff would all get resolved so discussions could focus on the game rather than the IP of the game.  Does anybody have an idea on when the USPTO will make their call - or how long it normally takes?

No clue as to how long it takes, but it depends on their case load. So it might be a while before they even get to the case.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #19 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Other side of the fence. I'm not gonna pull quotes from above posts. I feel like that would ruin the open minded I'm asking with and I'm feelin pretty good today (no, no drugs).
I was asked what I would do if Monkey House wins, and given where I stand, I think you understand why I believe that MHG wouldn't have me in their house.  Tongue
If FGU wins, I can say firmly there's no such thing as '3rd Party' (there's just a simple state of is or isn't. FGU doesn't discourage any submission and, in addition copyrights IP and stuff like that to the creator at FGUs cost in exchange for "first right or refusal" under the trademark), so anyone who wants to make a product for V&V can virtually do so at every level. (Obviously there's a level of editorial approval, but if you have the chops...)
So I humbly ask those who currently do not support FGU what they will do when/if FGU wins?
Is it still about the game then? Or will your fan loyalty to celebrity dictate your motion/emotion? Not trying to be barbed here, just seeing if the same goodwill for the game exists in that area.

IP Logged

Galaxy Boy
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #20 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Personally, regardless of who wins, I support both FGU and MHG....but to be totally honest, from what I have read in past posts written by Jeff Dee and Jack Herman both here and the yahoo groups, I got the impression that if MHG wins, that would be the kibosh on FGU.

IP Logged

philzilla
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #21 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
AlabasterKnight wrote on Oct 14th, 2010 at 11:30am:
So I humbly ask those who currently do not support FGU what they will do when/if FGU wins?
Is it still about the game then? Or will your fan loyalty to celebrity dictate your motion/emotion? Not trying to be barbed here, just seeing if the same goodwill for the game exists in that area.

I'm going to support the game and gamers

IP Logged

Duroon
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #22 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
If FGU wins, I can say firmly there's no such thing as '3rd Party' (there's just a simple state of is or isn't. FGU doesn't discourage any submission and, in addition copyrights IP and stuff like that to the creator at FGUs cost in exchange for "first right or refusal" under the trademark), so anyone who wants to make a product for V&V can virtually do so at every level. (Obviously there's a level of editorial approval, but if you have the chops...)

Soo it's FGU's stand that you can either publish through them or not at all for V&V material? If I am wrong please correct me here but that is how I am reading that statement. Gotta say I like MHG's stand on third party products a whole lot better.

Given my stand on FGU, I guess that means I won't be trying to get my first published work credits on V&V.

Most of the sort of stuff I would create would be fine as rules generic sort of supplements though, maps and backstory sorts of things.
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2010 at 7:42pm by Duroon »  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #23 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Oct 13th, 2010 at 11:56pm:
Imaginos wrote on Oct 13th, 2010 at 11:54pm:
Well, I for one, as a fan, just wish this stuff would all get resolved so discussions could focus on the game rather than the IP of the game.  Does anybody have an idea on when the USPTO will make their call - or how long it normally takes?

No clue as to how long it takes, but it depends on their case load. So it might be a while before they even get to the case. 

I suppose we could bombard them with a letter-writing campaign (not necessarily for one side or the other, just encouraging them to move it to the the top of the stack).    Grin

IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #24 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Over in the interview with James Satter, an interesting point was brought up:

dsumner wrote on Oct 14th, 2010 at 8:49pm:
4. How did you manage to hook up with FGU?

I contacted Fantasy Games Unlimited via email in December 2009, asking if the company was looking for new Villains & Vigilantes submissions. The answer was yes, and I submitted the manuscript for Enter the Gene Pool in February 2010. The editorial process was very similar to freelance magazine writing I've done in the past.

10. Is there anything else you'd like to share with our readers?

Since you mentioned Escape from the Micro-Universe, here's some history about that project. FGU gave me the green light to move forward with the adventure back in March 2010. Before doing any writing, I tracked down a number of DC and Marvel comics published since 1960 that involve heroes shrinking into subatomic worlds. That "research" provided enough information to flesh out the game mechanics for the adventure. It's a creative topic and makes for a great setting.

Both of these answers indicate that new product was coming from FGU months before MHG ever filed the trademark claim.  Paid product, not including the freebies that Dave Woodrum put together.  I've seen comments about how people thought FGU product was just in reaction to MHG's action, but it looks like maybe things were the other way around if MHG knew about the FGU stuff coming out (and we all knew about the freebies).

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #25 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 12:07am
Print Post  
Imaginos wrote on Oct 14th, 2010 at 11:21pm:
Both of these answers indicate that new product was coming from FGU months before MHG ever filed the trademark claim.  Paid product, not including the freebies that Dave Woodrum put together.  I've seen comments about how people thought FGU product was just in reaction to MHG's action, but it looks like maybe things were the other way around if MHG knew about the FGU stuff coming out (and we all knew about the freebies).

Weeks before the initial Monkey House press release in June 2010, Dave Woodrum had posted on this forum that FGU was about to publish Citizen Report as a paid V&V product.
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2010 at 12:25am by polarboy »  

IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #26 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 12:30am
Print Post  
I believe there was a lot of incorrect information regarding the status of the trademark.  There is a difference between filing for the trademark, and actually receiving the trademark (especially if it is currently being used).  Unfortunately, nobody making press releases made that distinction.

IP Logged

Duroon
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #27 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Duroon wrote on Oct 14th, 2010 at 4:30pm:
Given my stand on FGU, I guess that means I won't be trying to get my first published work credits on V&V. 

You know what, I take this comment back. Should FGU win in the end and I manage to come up with something I think is good enough and unique enough other V&V fans would enjoy it I would submit it to FGU. Hey if it got rejected I could always put it out as a generic supplement later.

I am still rooting for MHG though.

IP Logged

PulpCitizen
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #28 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 6:40am
Print Post  
...Is it still about the game then? Or will your fan loyalty to celebrity dictate your motion/emotion? Not trying to be barbed here, just seeing if the same goodwill for the game exists in that area.

I honestly don't really have a vested interest in who wins betwen FGU vs. MHG - that is something for the law (in the US) to decide, not me (individual gamer in the UK).

Both sides appear to be getting behind V&V/V&V 2.1 - a good thing. So basically I will support whoever comes out with products.

BUT, once again with all due respect AlabasterKnight, trying to say you are not being barbed after suggesting people may slavishly follow MHG out of some kind of awe due to the dazzlement of 'celebrity' is exactly what you claim it isn't: barbed. And I don't think those kind of back-handed comments are actually helping your position or argument.
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2010 at 10:48am by PulpCitizen »  

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #29 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 10:22am
Print Post  

Honestly, I don't understand why FGU wouldn't allow 3rd party publishing. It worked for M&M, it could work for V&V. I know of a group of newer (as in less than a year or two of being out) super hero rpg's, and they are all looking for 3rd party publishers to do stuff. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Not allowing 3rd party publishing will force some people (AslanC for one, myself as another if I get my work off the ground) to not release anything for V&V. Not due to some dislike of FGU though. Both Aslan and I are doing projects for multiple game systems. In addition, we're commissioning our own art. I can't speak for Aslan, but I'm not going to let someone else use art I paid for to use, and if I can't publish it myself, then I don't see myself doing something for V&V. At least with MHG, I can do that, and thus share what I'm doing for other supers games with V&V players/GM's. If FGU will only release it themselves, then sorry, but count me out.

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #30 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Well, @Pulp C, I apologize for the effect, and again, I didn't intend on that sort of spin, but touche anyway. Given the lay of the land, there are those that hold firm to their loyalty regardless evidence one way or the other. The heart of that decision was core in my statement/really, no barbs intended...

@Duroon, from what I know about the ideas and the way your passion works for the game, I'm thinkin' you've no worries about rejection for what you do.
EDIT: I don't know for sure, but I would say that Scott has the final word on the method, but it may be entirely possible for a freelancer to assume all costs and published licensed material with no more than a blessing... Wink

@Gerry, Mr. Satter has the best simple explanation, FGU approaches contributors as a publisher who publishes freelancers with a certain amount of editorial control to help creators avoid conflict/mesh better.
What was meant by the original 3rd party statement and may be confusing is regarding the present day condition; 1st and 2nd parties being FGU or MHG, 3rd party being freelancers). I guess these definitions would change situation post mortem...
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2010 at 11:55am by AlabasterKnight »  

IP Logged

PulpCitizen
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #31 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
AlabasterKnight wrote on Oct 15th, 2010 at 11:39am:
Well, @Pulp C, I apologize for the effect, and again, I didn't intend on that sort of spin, but touche anyway. Given the lay of the land, there are those that hold firm to their loyalty regardless evidence one way or the other. The heart of that decision was core in my statement/really, no barbs intended...

No apolgies needed - I just believe that you are one of the strongest ambassadors there is for the V&V game, regardless of which side of the fence anyone finds or places themselves, and that as you are in a that position it is worth considering what you are trying to achieve with some of your posting.

What you have to say is important as far as I am concerned, and in that context you must surely recognise the importance of the words and turns of phrase you use.

No-one can dispute your conviction, but some turns of phrase serve only to undermine the message you presumably want to convey. Your passion shines through, but that can be a double-edged sword, criticising one side (even obliquely), yet placing the other beyond reproach.

I respectfully suggest that maybe you'd be better served to focus more on extolling the virtues of the 'side' you support without the negative commentary about the 'other side' or even those who may or may not favour them.
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2010 at 12:43pm by PulpCitizen »  

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #32 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
AlabasterKnight wrote on Oct 15th, 2010 at 11:39am:
@Gerry, Mr. Satter has the best simple explanation, FGU approaches contributors as a publisher who publishes freelancers with a certain amount of editorial control to help creators avoid conflict/mesh better.

Except that any system that allows 3rd party publishers have to give the ok for the product before it can be released, so this reasoning is a bit flawed. That's how the M&M Superlink license works, how the Savage Worlds one works, and even how MHG's V&V license works. so you see, it is more than possible to do, so conflicts can still be avoided.

Edit: Not sure what you mean by "Mesh Better". I don't see why a 3rd party product needs to mesh with the official stuff, since 3rd party stuff is normally it's own (unless they're making villains you can insert into any setting with little work)
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2010 at 1:35pm by Gerry »  

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #33 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 2:11am
Print Post  
Allen Shock posted a link in the Upcoming V&V Releases thread from Bill Willingham's forum. Quoting Mr. Willingham from that link:
"I wrote and illustrated two adventures for V&V. The first (which was the first ever adventure written for the game) was called Death Duel with the Destroyers. Its sequel was called Island of Doctor Apocalypse (yeah, that's right. I had a character named Apocalypse long before Marvel did).
Both of those products have been effectively out of print for decades, but they're both being republished by Monkey House. I've also (nearly) completed a new adventure for the new V&V called Suicide Mission. All three of these products will be available soon(ish). I'll keep you notified when I have specific details."

Wow, glad the man is making an adventure, that's thoroughly awesome... but he's a bit out of touch about what's being released, by whom, and when.... wonder who gives him his info?

He also says MHG is re-releasing the old adventures...
Funny, FGU already re-released Death Duel, and Dr. Apocalypse has been available for years....

More shenanigans... those are some pretty anorexic hounds, Mr. Shock... Cheesy

IP Logged

Allen Shock
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #34 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 2:19am
Print Post  
I'm just reporting the news on this one. I didn't write it.

Guess it will all boil down to whether those publishing contracts signed with "Fantasy Games Unlimited Inc." are still valid for "Scott Bizar dba Fantasy Games Unlimited" won't it? Funny..those names don't look too similar...

Allen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46
Topic Tools

>