Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Enjoy the boobies!! - NSFW! (Read 103556 times)
Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Re: FGU vs MHG
Reply #35 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 3:01am
Print Post  
I was surprised to see the part about "out of print".  Obviously the Apocalypse module hasn't been out of print.

And the "republishing" part sounds a bit premature.  FGU has already republished Death Duel as a PDF.

The new stuff sounds good though.  Hopefully MHG won't take 7.5 weeks to (finally) start putting out some new stuff.  A time frame like that just seems excessive.

Oct 9 to Nov 30 = 7.5 weeks

mw

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #36 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:05am
Print Post  
I wonder if it's a case of Bill still owning the IP right's to those characters? Maybe an "update/revision" scenario?

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #37 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:38am
Print Post  
@Allen- That's a thin argument (again) and doesn't do anything to refute the continuity of the trademark by FGU. Being that you don't have a juris and you're not interested in any of the countless reasonable points that have been demonstrated time and time and time again by so many, your news is more like the National Inquirer.

@Ranger - FGU doesn't dispute the IP rights in any of this mess- The fact that those IPs published under the trademark of the game and the game was/is published by FGU under a long standing contractual agreement (@Allen - See: Statute of Limitations) that is 32 years in the running is the core of the issue. Bill can make comics with his IP, he can take them to LL, but for V&V he needs to go through his contract obligation at FGU. Bill still has to abide by the same rules as Jeff and Jack, although I believe he has been snowed by Jeff.
Jeff has been the filter for communications to Jack and Bill for many years. A conversation with Scott would do Bill a ton of good, if nothing else to create good standing for himself and a clear point from which to proceed.
Ask Jack and Bill if they have talked to FGU lately or if they're getting all this second hand from Jeff.... I think you'd be surprised.
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:38am by AlabasterKnight »  

If it's not fun, we're not doing it right.

IP Logged

Jeff Dee
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Re: Promoting V&V at the local game store....
Reply #38 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Scott Bizar DBA Fantasy Games Unlimited has no legal right to sell the Villains and Vigilantes rulebook. You can read about it here:

http://monkeyhousegames.com/?page_id=18&mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=444.0

Furthermore, Scott Bizar has no right to use the V&V logo, which is a trademark of Monkey House Games.

While Jack and I are gratified by, and share, everyone's desire to see V&V promoted, we must urge you all not to help promote the unauthorized sale of OUR property.

Legitimate promotion of the authorized V&V product line from Monkey House Games is forthcoming.

Thanks for your patience and continued support,
-Jeff Dee

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #39 - Nov 7th, 2010 at 9:32am
Print Post  
The argument as written on your forum proves nothing other than you and your wife (Talzhemir is Amanda Dee) are trying to convince everyone that you cashed your royalties checks for over thirty years by accident and are now jumping on the change of location and organization of business as FGU ceasing to exist.
How stupid do you think we all are, Jeff?
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2010 at 9:53am by AlabasterKnight »  

IP Logged

Allen Shock
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #40 - Nov 7th, 2010 at 11:02am
Print Post  
I dunno...how stupid are you?

Fantasy Games Unlimited Inc. of New York CEASED TO EXIST in 1991. This is a matter of public record and is not open to dispute. Scott Bizar doing business as "Fantasy Games Unlimited" is no more the same company than it would be if he called it "Scott Bizar doing business as a Jelly Donut". It takes five minutes and a simple read through to figure that out.

Now...if you don't know where to find that information, and prior to the State of New York putting that information online, it likely would have been somewhat obscure, you can easily buy the idea that "FGU just up and moved to Arizona, but its still the same company and the contract is still valid so I might as well cash this check since I ain't gonna get anything else". And Bizar, intentionally or inadvertantly misrepresenting the situation (i tend towards the former), let this go on until someone who KNEW what was the score clued Jeff and Jack in on the real situation.

That situation is extremely plausible to me.

Here's what I think: you are not a credible source of information about this. First, you only know what you are told until someone tells you differently. Secondly, because you're getting paid by Bizar, you have a vested interest in a certain outcome, one that does not include MHG having the rights to V&V. Me, I get nothing. I don't work for any of these guys, I just enjoy the game and have a burning sense of right and wrong, and to me the creators of V&V getting their game back is right and FGU is flat out wrong. I am not a fence-sitter or opportunist like so many others seem to be about this.

Allen
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2010 at 11:04am by Allen Shock »  

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #41 - Nov 7th, 2010 at 11:24am
Print Post  
You're a Dee-droid whose 'burning sense of right and wrong' isn't interested in the facts and only interested in whatever toe-hold will help you sleep at night.
You are ignorant and highly misinformed...
KNOWING THE SCORE also constitutes that Jeff's track record showed his disagreement for a long time prior to his attempt to smash and grab the trademark... and cashing his checks all  this time and then trying to say "I didn't know" and "Now that I know, I disagree" is such an anorexic argument.

And Allen, I get my information first hand, not from forums.
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2010 at 11:26am by AlabasterKnight »  

IP Logged

Jeff Dee
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #42 - Nov 7th, 2010 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
AlabasterKnight wrote on Nov 7th, 2010 at 9:32am:
The argument as written on your forum proves nothing other than you ... are trying to convince everyone that you cashed your royalties checks for over thirty years [b]by accident [/b

The 'accident' being 'not knowing that the guy sending us these checks had no right to publish V&V in the first place.'

Context is important.

Quote:
and are now jumping on the change of location and organization of business as FGU ceasing to exist.

References to location and organization changes were made back on the MHG forums in order to explain the differences between corporations and DBAs. Those references are not the argument. You're taking stuff out of context AGAIN.

Our argument is that FGU Incorporated no longer exists, and that our contract was with FGU Inc., not with Scott Bizar DBA FGU. All of which is absolutely true.

If you're REALLY concerned about your job with Scott, then go help him come to grips with these facts. Because he NEEDS your help. It's not just OUR contract... ALL of the old FGU Inc. contracts ended with the demise of FGU Inc. It's only a matter of time before those authors get wind of this, and start reclaiming THEIR rights as well.

Instead of trying to own the name of OUR game, just to maintain the illusion that he still has the right to publish it, Scott should be looking for NEW product lines that he CAN own. Nobody would have any problem with that, and he'd get to stay in business. If THAT is really what you're worried about, I mean.

-Jeff Dee
Monkey House Games

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #43 - Nov 7th, 2010 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
whatever Jeff...
I'm not worried about anything.
We keep chugging along.
You don't play well with others.
You're still full of crap about the royalties checks... and you're purposeful ignorance of contract law is no excuse, especially in this industry. You have spent so many well documented years focusing on vitriolic bashings of Scott, FGU, and (gasp) V&V itself, trying to dismantle with your rhetoric, you just can't come to the legal table and plead ignorance now. That ship sailed a long time ago.
That's what makes FGU's case more than anything, and that is what YOU are worried about.

It's a shame too, Jeff, because I think you're great for the game in a lot of ways. But it's so important that a leader know how to sacrifice for a team and take a few lumps to keep trucking. But it's very evident by your all consuming need to 'own' that you just don't play well with  others for others' benefit, like the fans...
...like always...
...it's all about you Jeff.

IP Logged

C.L.
Sidekick

aka Curt

Reply #44 - Nov 7th, 2010 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
If someone broke some contract, then why not just sue the pereptrator and get it over with? Or post the actual contracts that seem to be in dispute so those of us who are tired of following these arguments on the sidelines can actually know what the bleep is at stake here.

As I posted on another forum, I'm tired of illustrator hissyfits mucking things up.

IP Logged

Jeff Dee
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #45 - Nov 7th, 2010 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
That's a good question, don't you agree, AK? Why HASN'T Scott sued us, if he thinks we're in violation of some contract with him?

-Jeff Dee
Monkey House Games

IP Logged

C.L.
Sidekick

aka Curt

Reply #46 - Nov 7th, 2010 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Jeff Dee wrote on Nov 7th, 2010 at 10:46pm:
That's a good question, don't you agree, AK? Why HASN'T Scott sued us, if he thinks we're in violation of some contract with him?-Jeff DeeMonkey House Games

The question flows in two directions. So does my note about illustrator hissyfits.

IP Logged

C.L.
Sidekick

aka Curt

Reply #47 - Nov 7th, 2010 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Jeff Dee wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 7:06pm:
Furthermore, Scott Bizar has no right to use the V&V logo, which is a trademark of Monkey House Games.

We all know that both companies are still down as Trademark Applicants. Isn't that why the big shakedown went down at the yahoo forum?
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2010 at 10:57pm by C.L. »  

IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Reply #48 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 1:32am
Print Post  
As the Yahoo group owner, I wouldn't call it a big shakedown.  But, as a fan forum for the game many of us love, not having the arguments there will only help the game.  People got tired of the arguments from BOTH sides.  This was expressed by some people leaving the group, and some people emailing me directly.

Personally, I cannot wait for this all to be over and settled.

But I do thank everyone for keeping the arguments out of the Yahoo group.  It really is appreciated.
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2010 at 1:34am by Imaginos »  

IP Logged

Jeff Dee
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #49 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 9:57am
Print Post  
C.L. wrote on Nov 7th, 2010 at 10:53pm:
Jeff Dee wrote on Nov 7th, 2010 at 10:46pm:
That's a good question, don't you agree, AK? Why HASN'T Scott sued us, if he thinks we're in violation of some contract with him?-Jeff DeeMonkey House Games

The question flows in two directions. So does my note about illustrator hissyfits.

Actually, your question DOESN'T flow in two directions.

Jack and I do not accuse Scott Bizar DBA Fantasy Games Unlimited of breaking any contract. We had a contract with Fantasy Games Unlimited INCORPORATED, which ceased to exist in 1991. We have never had any contract with Scott Bizar DBA FGU.

AK, on the other hand, DOES accuse us of violating the contract we had with FGU Inc., claiming that it has somehow transferred to SB DBA FGU. It hasn't, but still, the specific question you asked is really for HIM to answer.

-Jeff Dee
Monkey House Games

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #50 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 9:59am
Print Post  
While I can't speak for anyone but myself, I can't wait until all of this over and done with, and when it is, I hope, that everyone will be able to abide by whatever ruling the courts hand down.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

C.L.
Sidekick

aka Curt

Reply #51 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Jeff Dee wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 at 9:57am:
Jack and I do not accuse Scott Bizar DBA Fantasy Games Unlimited of breaking any contract. We had a contract with Fantasy Games Unlimited INCORPORATED, which ceased to exist in 1991. We have never had any contract with Scott Bizar DBA FGU.

Fair enough. I'm glad to hear that FGU didn't break any contracts.

IP Logged

Jeff Dee
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #52 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 10:11am
Print Post  
C.L. wrote on Nov 7th, 2010 at 10:55pm:
Jeff Dee wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 7:06pm:

We all know that both companies are still down as Trademark Applicants. Isn't that why the big shakedown went down at the yahoo forum?

Here's a fun thing you can do at home. Crack open ANY of your old V&V adventures, and try to find the phrase, "Villains and Vigilantes is a trademark of Fantasy Games Unlimited". The newer adventures, published AFTER Monkey House Games released V&V 2.1 (establishing OUR trademark claim) don't count, nor does the mere appearance of the letters 'TM' by the V&V logo, which any lawyer will tell you carries no legal weight whatsoever.

Here's a spoiler: you won't find it, because it's not there.

Neither FGU Inc. nor Scott Bizar DBA FGU EVER claimed to own the V&V trademark (in their own books, anyway, which is where such things are properly done) until AFTER Monkey House did. That, plus the fact that the trademark is the NAME of a game to which Scott Bizar does not own the copyright (which he doesn't dispute), and which he has no right to publish in the first place (the contract was with FGU Inc, which no longer exists, and not with him personally), means that Scott can only win his trademark claim by an appalling travesty of justice. Jack and I are confident that justice will prevail, and if some folks think that it won't, well, that's just sad.

Quote:
If someone broke some contract, then why not just sue the pereptrator and get it over with?

How about it, AK? care to answer that?

-Jeff Dee
Monkey House Games
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2010 at 10:13am by Jeff Dee »  

IP Logged

Jeff Dee
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #53 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 10:40am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 at 9:59am:
While I can't speak for anyone but myself, I can't wait until all of this over and done with, and when it is, I hope, that everyone will be able to abide by whatever ruling the courts hand down.

Just out of curiosity... what, in your mind, will have to happen in order for this to be 'over' in a way that 'everybody will abide with'?

A mutual agreement between MHG and Scott Bizar? There's no reason to think that's ever going to happen.

A trademark victory by MHG? That will be followed EITHER by a challenge from Scott (and around we'll go again), OR he'll go right on violating our trademark, and begging us to sue him - dragging this all out even longer.

A trademark victory by Scott Bizar? That will be followed by a challenge from MHG (I've explained why we think such an outcome would be appallingly unjust, above), and failing that, we will re-release the game under a new name. Because remember, the trademark and publishing rights are two completely separate questions.

No matter how you slice it, this dispute is going to go on for quite some time. This is why I've disobeyed the advice of our lawyer, and taken our case to YOU, the fans. YOU are the ones who will really decide when it's 'over'.

-Jeff Dee
Monkey House Games

IP Logged

C.L.
Sidekick

aka Curt

Reply #54 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Jeff Dee wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 at 10:40am:
No matter how you slice it, this dispute is going to go on for quite some time. This is why I've disobeyed the advice of our lawyer, and taken our case to YOU, the fans. YOU are the ones who will really decide when it's 'over'.

Give me a break. I'll follow whatever the trademark office decides in the long run. In the meantime, both companies are applicants. Although it's hard for me to accept an emotional plea from someone who less than a year ago was telling people not to play V&V because it is inferior to Living Legends. Why would I want to buy V&V from someone who doesn't stand behind the quality of his own product?

IP Logged

Jeff Dee
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #55 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 11:38am
Print Post  
C.L. wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 at 10:57am:

Give me a break. I'll follow whatever the trademark office decides in the long run.

Good for you. How is that a disagreement with my statement that "this dispute is going to go on for quite some time"? What are you asking me to give you a break ABOUT, exactly?

Quote:
In the meantime, both companies are applicants.

Dude, my Aunt Edna could be an 'applicant' for the V&V trademark if she wanted to. At the moment, what matters isn't who has applied, it's who has the more justified claim.

Quote:
Although it's hard for me to accept an emotional plea from someone who less than a year ago was telling people not to play V&V because it is inferior to Living Legends. Why would I want to buy V&V from someone who doesn't stand behind the quality of his own product?

If you think V&V is already perfect, then you haven't been paying attention to any of its other fans. And if you think Jack and I haven't been working our asses off to deliver a high quality product, then you haven't been paying attention to MHG. V&V could certainly use some work, and the new "Revised Saving Throws and Task System" ( http://monkeyhousegames.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Saves-Tasks.pdf ) shows the approach we intend to take in improving it.

-Jeff Dee
Monkey House Games
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2010 at 11:50am by Jeff Dee »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #56 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Just out of curiosity... what, in your mind, will have to happen in order for this to be 'over' in a way that 'everybody will abide with'?

Well I'd say when the courts issue a ruling as to whether they deem the contracts between the old FGU, and it's writers to be valid or not. But no matter what they decide, I think that it's going to be a sad day for V&V fans, and everyone involved in this. I've enjoyed many of the products FGU has published over the years, and if they loose, I think it might be it for them on the publishing side. If MHG looses, I think it will alienate many of the former creators, who all seem to interested in contributing to a revival of V&V. I'd hate to see either one happen, as really don't want to see anyone involved in this get burned legally or financially.

The reason I say I wish all of this was over is that I think all of the finger pointing, arguing, and uncertainty does nothing but turn off fans, and retailers. game shop owners aren't going to want to invest in stock for that might go bye bye.

One option I could see happening, (and I might be talking out of my rear, as I don't really know), is this. If MHG looses, they'll continue to release products using the V&V system, as I do believe they own that out right, but with a different name. If FGU looses, and I'm not sure if they'd want to do this or not, they continue to publish V&V under the MHG license.

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #57 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
So which side is Captain America and which side is Iron Man?

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Jeff Dee
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #58 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 at 12:21pm:
So which side is Captain America and which side is Iron Man?

Hey, now. That post is off topic! Wink

-Jeff Dee
Monkey House Games

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #59 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Again  - whatever Jeff.
I will let the lawyers do their job. And they will.
How unfortunate that what your argument does is come down to splitting hairs about who you had an agreement with. For better or worse and to the detriment of the fans, we all know who you had an agreement with, and we know why you're doing this.
We have watched you for years bash and beat on everything for the exchange of venting your bitterness about your grievance.
You know who your agreements were with. The fact that just now you seek the loophole to be a welch, for a thing (that by demonstration) you have shown for all these years to love less than we do, shows me your true colors.
No ethics, no loyalty from you to anyone else.
You tried to snake into the forums after your declaration and get guys like me, who were given at least some opportunity from Scott to help 'your game', to switch 'sides'... what and become the bitter turncoat you are?
If I lose the opportunity, it won't be the last, and I'll go on playing, creating, running and even self-publishing for this game for no profit.
You're a master of parsing posts and arguing, exaggerating points with inappropriate adjectives, and making clear your entitlements...
By the way...

"No matter how you slice it, this dispute is going to go on for quite some time. This is why I've disobeyed the advice of our lawyer, and taken our case to YOU, the fans. YOU are the ones who will really decide when it's 'over'."

Stop putting this on the fans. Though I have been following a marvelous opportunity to contribute to this thing I love as best I can amidst any personal turmoil, at the end I'm still a fan. I haven't asked anyone here to shaft you for the sake of this dispute... it must kill you to see the success stories around you and then point a finger at Bizar. In my opinion, you're a miserable backstabbing ungrateful bitter piece of work (edit) Dee... and after abandoning your game for all those years (please Amanda, don't bother, there was indeed life before the internet and it wasn't smoke signals), you want to waltz in and cry like a baby about how Scott has stopped you from taking care of your game and let the internet forum crowd die hards take the place of the courts... don't worry you'll be sued soon enough.

My sincerest apologies to this forum and others as well. I'm a human being and maybe not a great one at that.
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2010 at 6:27pm by AlabasterKnight »  

IP Logged

Jeff Dee
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #60 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 at 11:50am:

Well I'd say when the courts issue a ruling as to whether they deem the contracts between the old FGU, and it's writers to be valid or not.

The contracts between the old FGU and its writers were valid, as far as I know. That's not the question. The question is whether those contracts bind the writers into an agreement with the *new* FGU, aka Scott Bizar.

Scott is welcome to sue us if he thinks we have violated a contractual agreement with him. It's a mystery why he hasn't done so, if he really thinks he has a case, and AK doesn't appear eager to explain this.

Quote:
But no matter what they decide, I think that it's going to be a sad day for V&V fans, and everyone involved in this. I've enjoyed many of the products FGU has published over the years, and if they loose, I think it might be it for them on the publishing side.

Monkey House Games has already invited Scott to end this dispute by bringing his V&V products into compliance with our compatibility license. If he does that, and the authors of his old books don't mind sticking with him, then there's no reason why he couldn't stay in business. On the other hand, AK has announced that FGU does not intend to offer any kind of third-party licensing. So if FGU wins, MHG's products definitely go bye-bye.

Quote:
If MHG looses, I think it will alienate many of the former creators, who all seem to interested in contributing to a revival of V&V.

It does appear that the old guard of V&V writers are lining up pretty solidly behind us. We've explained our legal claim to them, and they agree with us. So, the involvement of the old writers isn't a reason not to take sides. It's a reason to join them in siding with MHG.

Quote:
I'd hate to see either one happen, as really don't want to see anyone involved in this get burned legally or financially.

There is no reason why a win by MHG would have to mean financial ruin for Scott. UNLESS he keeps digging in his heels, or decides to waste a ton of money suing US. The best outcome for everyone would be for Scott to relent, and stay in the V&V business by getting his V&V products authorized.

Quote:
The reason I say I wish all of this was over is that I think all of the finger pointing, arguing, and uncertainty does nothing but turn off fans, and retailers. game shop owners aren't going to want to invest in stock for that might go bye bye.

Scott can put stickers on his printed stock carrying the V&V 2.1 Compatibility logo. He's used stickers before, on Aftermath, when he purchased cases of it from its original publisher and needed to slap on the FGU Inc. logo. Hell, we'll pay for the stickers. Then he'd have no trouble distributing his stuff. On the other hand, as long as he continues his quixotic effort to claim the V&V trademark, distribution of V&V books may be problematic for everyone.

Quote:
One option I could see happening, (and I might be talking out of my rear, as I don't really know), is this. If MHG looses, they'll continue to release products using the V&V system, as I do believe they own that out right, but with a different name.

We'd probably do that, if we lost the trademark but remained free to re-publish the rulebook. But who thinks THAT would be a good outcome?

Quote:
If FGU looses, and I'm not sure if they'd want to do this or not, they continue to publish V&V under the MHG license.

Remembering, of course, that even if Scott decides to get out of the V&V business, all of the old authors are free to take their books elsewhere. Even - gasp - to Monkey House. So, a MHG victory doesn't mean that all those old adventures need to disappear.

Go Monkeys!
-Jeff Dee
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2010 at 12:55pm by Jeff Dee »  

IP Logged

C.L.
Sidekick

aka Curt

Reply #61 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Great replies.

Now could someone scan in and post the actual contracts that apparently are in dispute? I'm aching to read the primary sources! That'd help me make an edu-ma-cated decision.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #62 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Jeff Dee wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 at 12:52pm:
The contracts between the old FGU and its writers were valid, as far as I know. That's not the question. The question is whether those contracts bind the writers into an agreement with the *new* FGU, aka Scott Bizar.

Jeff, I should have been clearer in my response. What I'm trying to say, and apparently not doing a very good job at, is that the courts need to decide if the original contracts are still valid, and if not, when they ceased to be. If they are still valid, and I can only speak for myself, I would still love to see new V&V compatible product from MHG, (what you guys would call it I don't know). If the courts say MHG is the winner, I'd still like to see anything FGU has in the pipeline get published under a license. Is either of these the ideal situation, not really, which sucks for everyone involved.  Cry Either way, I hope that the guys who've stuck with this game, all these years, don't let whatever decision the courts make ruin their enthusiasm for the game. Whatever the outcome, I hope everyone continues to support V&V.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #63 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
C.L. wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 at 1:19pm:
Great replies.

Now could someone scan in and post the actual contracts that apparently are in dispute? I'm aching to read the primary sources! That'd help me make an edu-ma-cated decision.

CL, and I don't mean to sound like a dick, but those contracts aren't rally any of our business. They're private business documents, and unless you were party to them, why would you think that you would be allowed to read them? Now if any of the writers chooses to post a contract, that's up to them. But thinking that they'll just whip one out, scan, and post it because, someone who really has no say so what-so-ever asks, is in my opinion going a bit to far.

YIM  
IP Logged

C.L.
Sidekick

aka Curt

Reply #64 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Jeff and AK keep posting about a contract.

If it's none of our business what the contracts said, DS, maybe you should tell them to stop bringing it to the table.

If they want to argue about the contract, and expect fans to take sides, than fans have a right to see the contract in dispute.

That would put an end to illustrator hissyfits, IMV.
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2010 at 2:55pm by C.L. »  

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #65 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Sorry again CL.

This is a polite request for MHG, Jeff Dee and those that fanatically support his position to stop trying to derail/piss on conversations where FGU's creative people engage fans in constructive dialogue about the game and its future or development and also not to allow the fostering of defamatory speech in your forum. That's as close to a cease fire as you're going to get and you can expect reciprocal treatment.

IP Logged

C.L.
Sidekick

aka Curt

Reply #66 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
So AK, is it true what Jeff Dee says ... that Fantasy Games has NOT filed a lawsuit against Monkey House? Has any legal action been taken against the company?

I'm not trying to start a fight, but I had gotten the impression (perhaps incorrectly) that some type of legal steps had been taken between the companies. Something more legalistic than relentless blogging.

IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #67 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Mr. Dee is unaware.
I want to refrain from further negative commentary.

IP Logged

C.L.
Sidekick

aka Curt

Reply #68 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
AlabasterKnight wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 at 6:54pm:
Mr. Dee is unaware.
I want to refrain from further negative commentary. 

That's about as cryptic a comment as they come. So are you saying that legal actions are being taken against MHG and they just don't know it? We'll see.

I hope you do pull thrugh and refrain from further negative commentary. It just makes both sides look childish.

If you're going to engage in a public debate--and a forum is a public debate--give us the facts or stop fighting in public.

As for DS, trying to block my request earlier about the contract--which both MHG and FGU are more than adult enough to respond to if they'd like--was unnecessary.
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2010 at 7:11pm by C.L. »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #69 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
C.L. wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 at 7:03pm:
As for DS, trying to block my request earlier about the contract--which both MHG and FGU are more than adult enough to respond to if they'd like--was unnecessary. 

I'm not trying to block anything, and if I gave that impression, that wasn't my intent. I just think that 1) the contracts are none of our business, and 2) it really doesn't matter what any of us think about them, as we don't get a say-so on who "wins". Either way, if any of the parties involved want to post their contract, that's their decision.

YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46
Topic Tools

>