Normal Topic Some fun moments during In Broad Daylight (Read 359 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Some fun moments during In Broad Daylight
Mar 8th, 2011 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
There were a few fun moments when we played In Broad Daylight last Saturday.  I will attempt to keep most stuff that would be considered spoilers out of this thread:

1) It all started out when the highest level hero in the group (who is Level 6) was approached by Ms. Pembrose.  She advised him that she was looking for some “lesser known superheroes” that could avoid the media spotlight.  He took a bit of offense to that and told her so, and she got really snippy back at him (going into full lawyer mode), prompting some of the other heroes to start to become worried (that they might avoid the entire adventure!).  I heard one player at the table exclaim “Well, we’re not off to the best start so far!”    Smiley

2) The heroes end up squaring off with a giant monster, and that creature shoots pods out of its body at the PCs.  One absorbing character (who just gained the ability to absorb one attack as well as to temporarily mimic one that was just used against him) got hit.  So when the PC was struck by one of these exploding pods, he had the opportunity to have this ability.  Even though this was the character’s first chance to use his new ability, he couldn’t take such a nasty superpower, and so he chose not to accept it.

3) One of these exploding pods ended up missing its target and breaking through a large, glass window.  Going after it, a flying character (who resembles a Thundercat) flew at the window.  He told me that he was going to fly through it, so I asked him to give me more details (would he cover himself with his wings first?  Slow down and break the glass first? Etc.).  He hesitated, then decided to just go for it and crash through the glass.  He’s got an Agility of 24, but he rolled a “20”, so I had him crash through the window and get scraped up a bit.  It could have been a lot uglier!

4) All that and some other fun/exciting things happened.  One hero busted into a nearby police car, but didn’t find any keys and figured it would take too long to hotwire.  Soon after he stepped out and changed into his Bear Form.  He then manhandled the car and pushed it over to the base of the monster.  With a few Flame attacks combined with gas from the vehicle, it could prove to be an explosive combo!  Still, it was humorous to see this massive grizzly bear pushing a police car!    Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2011 at 7:42pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

>