Normal Topic Adriaan Vos: The Dutch Buccaneer (Read 663 times)
THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Adriaan Vos: The Dutch Buccaneer
Sep 24th, 2011 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Adriaan Vos

Identity-2.doc ( 27 KB | 19 Downloads )

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Re: Adriaan Vos: The Dutch Buccaneer
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2011 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
  The Third Son of a Very Minor Noble, Adriaan knew he had no chance of inheritance. He craved the Glamor and Power of the truly wealthy but this was out of his reach in his station. Adriaan dreamed of attaining his wealth and glory on the High Seas as after hearing so many stories around the fireside taverns he so loved to frequent. He just knew with his skills and charm he would take the World by Storm!!!

He would soon find out he was wrong.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Re: Adriaan Vos: The Dutch Buccaneer
Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2011 at 11:56am
Print Post  
  Her name was Magda and Her Beauty was beyond compare. Nevertheless this Humble Story Teller shall effort for you his best description.

Hair the Color of The Sun as it sets over the Horizon at the end of a Perfect Summer Day. Her Eyes Sparkled like Emeralds when She Laughed and Her Laughter was a sound to make The Angels from both Above and Below Weep with Joy. Silken skin that reminded a Man of the Soft Sand on the most Serene Caribbean Island. This was Magda though I pray The Muses do not strike me down for such a simplistic description of Her Beauty.

The Young Man fell for Her the moment he first laid eyes on Her. It was at The Baronesses Birthday Celebration and Magda was her Daughter. The Young Man had always considered Himself to be Charming and endowed of a quick wit. In Magda's presence this was not the case. As He approached Her to ask for a dance his oh so Eloquent words caught in His dry throat. She laughed as his stumbled his way through his introduction and request yet still accompanied him to the Ball Room floor and The Gardens afterward.

They fell in Love  that very evening since it is well known that once two matching Souls meet they will know it instantly.

The Young Man began his preparations to build his Fortune since though he was of The Nobility he was still of a Minor House. It would take Him time but she had promised to wait for him. Sadly the choice was not entirely Hers to make.

Roland was the Son of a Duke and he was also Smitten by The Beautiful Magda. He did not have to wait to build His Fortune and had already asked for Magda's hand in marriage from the Duke the Night before The Baroness Birthday Celebration. It was a Political Match made in Heaven.

The Young Man was Destroyed yet he knew that Roland was a Good and Honest Man who would always remain a Loving Husband to Magda. Roland and The Young Man had been the closest of Friends prior to that Night.

The Young Man left the morning following the announcement of the Betrothal of Magda and Roland. He would spend every waking and sleeping moment for the rest of his life thinking of Magda. In the time that exists somewhere between Moments he would pray that he would never see Her again. Some pains are simply too much to bear.

Now my Friends!!! For those of you with a spare Coin or Three please feel free to drop them in the Hat by my feet if you Enjoyed this tale. Though it was short give me some credit as it was just made up off the cuff for your Enjoyment!!

* As the Young Man Turns a passer by can hear him mutter to Himself. " After all. I still have that Fortune to Build"*

IP Logged

>