Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 52 in Review (Read 10008 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: 52 in Review
Reply #105 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Right,  the heroe's actions are the biggest argument for the public's fear of them.   Makes me want to almost root for Luthor.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #106 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Justice League International:  I am sure I will get lambasted when I say  I hated the BWAAHHAA Justice League.  In fact, I will go on record to say that I hope Keith Giffen gets ass leporsy and shits his organs out.  I loved the art though, but that is besides the point.
    So  I am pleasently suprised that this comic is true to the old JLI but without the humourless humor.   
     The comic is breaking no new ground, except that its invalidating the underated  last Booster Gold series.  I loved that series.
    This seems to be more of the same old, standard superheroes being superheroy.   Decent art.

B-

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #107 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Justice League Dark:  I really liked this.  I liked the creepy tooth storm that took Superman and Wonder Woman out of the story.    I liked that the magic is rather toned down, and I feel that DC's magic users are more "mystical" than Marvel's magic users who tend to be more cosmic.
   I loved the art, and the story is unfolding nicely, thats a given as I love Peter Milligan.
   Having said that,  I don't see a future for this comic.  Probably ten issues or less.

I liked it though.

B+

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #108 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
And that is all  52 of them, plus two minis.

I will comment on any DC comic here from now on, when I feel the need.

So far I think that the reboot was unnessassary and confusing.  They should just have started the comics all at 1 but without a reboot, as except for the Teen Titans,  only minor changes have happened to most of the characters.  And those changes could have been done in the story with out a reboot.

I think Batman came out unscathed, and his comics are pretty solid right now.

Superman bothers me.   He is not the true blue good guy that he should be.   

Wonder Woman was given an edge that she desperatly needs, and the mythological part of her is played up. As it should be.

I shudder to think what they will do with Captain Marvel when they finally get around to him.

The winners of the reboot are Aquaman, Batman, Animal Man, and Swamp Thing.

The losers, well,  Hawkman,  Superman ( just feel that he is not the Superman that I knew and loved), and the Teen Titans.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #109 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Voodoo:  oops, I thought I was done then I found this series in the wrong pile.

So far so good.  I liked teh character back in the Wildstorm days and I guess they kept her as an alien hybrid.  She has more powers though, and none of them have anything to do with Voodoo, the magic.  I hate when characters names don't refect their powers ( Cable, the worst name in all of  comics).
      I am not sure if she is a hero or villain.   I am sure she killed some innocent people  so I am guessing at the angle of this, which I guess is a good thing.  I mean, I don't care where Hawk And Dove, Hawkman and Green Arrow are going, so this is a good sign.

B

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #110 - Apr 22nd, 2012 at 12:03am
Print Post  
OK now that the DCBS bundle deal is over, I am dropping most DC comics.    The one I am keeping for sure is Wonder Woman.  This is by far the best mainstream comic that DC is putting out.

So that leaves 52 titles on the chopping block.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #111 - Apr 22nd, 2012 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
What do you think of Aquaman?

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #112 - Apr 22nd, 2012 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Feb 3rd, 2012 at 7:20pm:
I hate when characters names don't refect their powers ( Cable, the worst name in all of  comics).

Right! With him in the group you get the NFL package from his shoulder pads and the Oprah network from his pouches...

On topic, again John, this has been, and will continue to be a thread worth following; I appreciate your reviews on this site.

If it's not fun, we're not doing it right.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #113 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
I got three of these (free gifts from the DC booth at Emerald City Comicon).

After reading The Flash, Batman, and Swamp Thing, I'm still pretty 'meh' and not that impressed.

I'm still pretty confused why they did it at all, yet alone why they did it so half-heartedly?

How long until they put everything back to normal?  The over-under is currently at 6-1/2 months (from now).    Wink

IP Logged

Bill Kropp
Justice Leaguer

Great. Its That Guy.

Reply #114 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I hate Giffen's Justice League. His LSH was pretty bad, but at least his art was terrible enough you couldnt really tell when he was trying to make an inappropriate inside joke or something. you want funny heroes? fine. but not the justice league.

IP Logged

Bill Kropp
Justice Leaguer

Great. Its That Guy.

Reply #115 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
to be fair, the inks & colors torpedoed his lsh art.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #116 - May 12th, 2012 at 11:54am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Apr 22nd, 2012 at 12:50pm:
What do you think of Aquaman?

I think its the second best next to Wonder Woman.

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #117 - May 12th, 2012 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
I picked up the first issues of Earth 2 and World's Finest. I was always a fan of that pre-Crisis concept of Earth 2 and was excited to see DC reintroduce the idea.

I didn't care for the revamped versions of Power Girl or Huntress in the relaunch or the "buddy film" interplay between the two heroines, so I don't plan to stick with World's Finest. From a purely academic standpoint, though, it was interesting to see a version of Helena Wayne who had grown up as Robin and only now was taking the name Huntress (but I still prefer to original take on that character).

I am sticking with Earth 2, at least long enough to pick up the next issue or two. I like the concept of Wonder Woman as the "last amazon" of Earth 2, think the character of Al Pratt (Atom) shows promise, and like the re-imagining of a young Jay Garrick (Flash).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools

>