Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Party Like its 1999! (Read 10483 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Party Like its 1999!
Oct 7th, 2012 at 10:36am
Print Post  
CHESS has been on red alert for three days.   Today is December 31, 1999 and it’s the day that the Blue Blood  is supposed to launch his attack.   Teams have been dispatched to the Deep Six Holding Faclity for the presumed inevitable break out.  Marshal Strong and Magnum are about to have Gates teleport them to the Supermax Prison when all the lights go out.

They are suddenly swallowed up by their own costumes!  And, they feel an attack on their internal organs.    Through sheer luck and force of will, they survive the dual attack and then Magnum detects that the whole Mesa is flooded with killer nanites.  He uses his magnetic power to create a powerful EMP pulse that deactivates the nanites.   Strong notes that every monitor in the base is playing on a loop.   It has some old footage of an Octopus changing colors and the voice over is of Steve Irwin saying, “The Octopus is a master of camouflage and it has blue blood.”   Over this looping video is a digital code of 10100101 over and over again.   What the hell is going on?

Realizing that the Blue Blood and leader of the Octagon is the Clarence Fishburn, the Octopus really scares them.  This “idiot savant” has been the head of CHESS’s R&D since the death of the Quidnunc.  He has been the head designer of most CHESS advanced weaponry.  He designed all the CHESS metawear!

Strong lights up his stellar rod, the only piece of tech that is still working since the EMP blast.  He and Magnum try to make their way down to the Octopus’ lab.   They find  Daisy Nixon wandering the halls.    She says that the people who say they are her parents are dead.  Along with the only person she actually liked, Dr. Young.

With no other choice, they take Nixon, hoping her meta powers will protect her if it comes to a fight.   Neither can imagine the Octopus being too formidable in combat.

They are attacked in the stairwell by Dust, a metahuman created by the Control Freak and defeated by a pre Mr. Clean Lance Muldoon.  He has been contained in a steel box and recently been transferred to, you guessed it, the Octopus’ lab.    Strong inhales some of Dust which harms him, so he attacks with fire, which seems to have done the job.   

Unfortunately, Magnum and Daisy see a purple glow down the stairwell.   Magnum recognizes it from his old sparring partner, The Purple Rhombus.    Magnum knows that the host of this alien metal artifact is usually an innocent pawn; he tries not to hurt him.  He attacks the hand holding the rhombus, but is stopped by a force feild.   Nixon fires a few power blasts, and they too seem to be blocked by the strange purple aura.

Marshal Strong tries to kick Omar, the host of the Purple Rhombus, and succeeds in injuring his foot.  Marshal’s foot that is, not Omar’s.   

The three rat pack the Purple Rhombus, trying to wear down his force field.    Omar attacks back with a thought blast.  He merges the thoughts of all three an fires them back at high intensity.   As he does this, he tells Nixon that out of the three, she is the only one who scares him.     They each take some damage from this attack, while Marshal Strong makes some sense from the glimpse into Daisy’s psyche.   He thinks she is possessed, and it has something to do with the Devil.     Is this some trick of the Purple Rhombus?   When this is over, this bears investigating.

Magnum collapses the force field at the cost of one of his neutronium blades.   Strong then transforms Omar’s hand into pudding.  Omar screams that it’s not supposed to end this way.  That he was promised ultimate power!  He collapses in the corner unconscious, and they kick the rhombus away and gang blast it.    The rhombus prevails.

Since they blasted half the corridor apart,    they have to vacate the stair well or risk being hit by falling concrete.   They are then set upon by Mayfly, or rather, a new Mayfly.   They recall that the first Mayfly was woman who was given a drug that gave her insect powers, and that very drug reduced her lifespan to 24 hours.  They see this Mayfly’s name tag, and its Michaela Smith, the Octopus’ nurse!    That bastard!    Strong hurts his hands wearing down her chit nous armor, while the bug lady tries to dine on his face.   Magnum has his hands full with Sera, the daughter of Ares!  She is wearing D6HF prison gear and carrying brand new ancient Spartan style sword.

A serum quickly realizes that her sword is no good against Magnum’s magnetic defense.  He pulls the sword from her grasp and flings in into the dark.   Sera then removes he r  nylon shoelaces, and runs behind the large man and tries to strangle Magnum.   Unfortunately, the laces were not designed to withstand that much pressure and snap.

Strong defeats Mayfly and Nixon and Magnum are double teaming Sera.   Sera are taken as a serious threat as she has killed a CHESS metahuman before.  He was imprisoned for killing Elusion.

She is knocked out eventually, and Strong examines her to make sure she is not faking.  She is out.   Then an argument breaks out over Magnum wanting to slit her throat, and Strong prevents him saying it’s not the right thing to do.   While this is going on Daisy goes over to the prone Sera and tries to kill her by grabbing her head and vibrating it to mush.   Sera jumps up and double taps Nixon into a wall.    At this point Magnum says, “I told you so…” and slices her twice in the back with his remaining sword.

At this point, they see the Octopus walking out of the darkness carrying an array of small devices in his exposed tentacles.  He is wearing Spider Man Pajamas that are a size too small.   He activates the device and all anyone can see is a ruby glow.   He welcomes them all into the new era of Ioiooioi, the new electronic god.

It is then that they realize that all their meta powers have been taken away….
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2012 at 10:51am by John »  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: Party Like its 1999!
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Things to note:

1.  The Octopus seems to have Illthid "ruby" technology.

2.  The illthids were part of the attack on Prince Drakkar Island, in which the Quidnunc was killed.  This got the Octopus promoted to  R&D chief.  Is this a coincidence?

3.  The Octopus helped Carter Manning and Glare design and build his Manta suit, and Manta Man was present when the illithids and Chthulu attacked.  Coincidence?

4.  The Octopus  was the one who rescued Glare from his first jaunt into the Astral Plane.  Did he burn up poor Glare on purpose?

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
My answers to your notes:

1. Pointed out by Magnum *cough*  - see I was paying attention.

2. Guessing no.

3.  See above.

4.  Yes and we applaud him for that.  omg jk jk

Kiss

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 10:50am:
Things to note:

3.  The Octopus helped Carter Manning and Glare design and build his Manta suit, and Manta Man was present when the illithids and Chthulu attacked.  Coincidence?

4.  The Octopus  was the one who rescued Glare from his first jaunt into the Astral Plane.  Did he burn up poor Glare on purpose?

3 - I don't remember Octopus helping with that, unless Carter got his help without telling me (I don't recall you mentioning it to me the few times we ran that subplot)

4 - Of course he did. He was scared of Glare (he said so when he tried to strangle him on the Astral plane). Makes sense he'd try and sabotage bringing him back to the material world.

Now if only Glare would return from the dead....

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #4 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Gerry, I remember you telling me that you were going to take the Manta Suit Plans to the Octopus to help you plan out an overide device.

And the Octopus tried to kill you when he brought you back from the Astral plan and fucked the roll so that you were "only" burn't up.   He tried to phase you out of existance.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #5 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Oct 9th, 2012 at 9:43pm:
Gerry, I remember you telling me that you were going to take the Manta Suit Plans to the Octopus to help you plan out an overide device.

I honestly don't remember that. Then again, with all the stuff going on outside the game recently, I'm not surprised I forgot

John wrote on Oct 9th, 2012 at 9:43pm:
And the Octopus tried to kill you when he brought you back from the Astral plan and fucked the roll so that you were "only" burn't up.   He tried to phase you out of existance.

I guess he got lucky when I blew that damn roll!

Speaking of which, we still need to address him being stuck in the Astral Plane after the mission against the Moevian Sun killer ships. Unless you still want me to stick with just Coldsteel for the time being

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2012 at 2:31am
Print Post  
Not wasting a second, Marshal Strong aims to fire off a lighting bolt at the Octopus.  The Octopus interupts him and spits ink into Strong's face.    The depowered Magnum draws his revolver and fires six well aimed shots at the Octopus's hand held Ruby Feild Generator*.  He smashes it into pieces.   They wait the return of their powers, but nothing happens.    A bit scared,  Daisy Nixon blasts the Octopus with twin blasts of power.  he goes flying backwards, and is knocked out.   They are stunned by this, as they all knew the Octopus was kind of a wimp, but still they expected more. 

They search the place for clues as to what exactly the Octopus did, and  Magnun notices that one of the Octopus' guns are missing.    He calls  Daisy and Strong, asking them if they know were the gun is.   Strong and Daisy are perplexed as a man in an orange jumpsuit is standing right infront of Magnum aiming the automatic rifle at him.   Daisy blasts him, which passes through him.   Strong remembers him as a villain called the Rumor.  His power is that he is ghost like, and you forget about him as soon as you stop looking at him.   Strong fought him a few years ago.
   Strong figures he should be able to contain him in a forcefeild, and it works.   He also withstands a psychic assault from the Rumor.   Strong then crushes him with his forcefield, taking him out of the fight.
     They then find the Octopus' lab and go to work deciphering his mad notes.   
      His notebook is written in a spiderly scrawl and  it shows how horriby disturbed the mad genius is.    Strong feels that he is motivated by jealousy, and is out to prove how superior he is by creating so complex a computer program.    The "electronic god" is a super program that was to weave through every computing system in the world and turn it into one giant artificial intellegence.  He called it the brand new Great Old One.

Clearly this made no sense.

Strong goes to work on a way to defeat this  program.      He finds it hard to concentrate without his meta enhanced intellect, but he fights on.

While working, they look up to see a woman has snuck into the room.  Scarlet Rose, sociopath extrodinaire stabs Daisy Nixon in the side.  She nearly guts the poor girl.    Daisy responds with a double power blast, sending Rose across the hall, slamming her hard into the wall.   Rose flings three shuriken at the thee heroes, hitting all three in the head.   She then bolts.  Daisy fires at her, killing her.  Daisy takes no joy in this, she just did what she had to do.   

Meanwhile, Daisy goes out side to see what happened to the Purple Rhombus.   She follows its light when she sees a young boy, about her age, sitting on the steps by the mysterious object.   He says his name is Richard Franklen and he is sorry but his uncle has to kill her.  She turns around and sees a firey demon spreading wings of flame at her.   The wings shatter against her vibrodefence and she blasts the demon.    The Inhuman Torch is a being of pure flame and horror, nothing material to it.    Magnum goes to check on young Daisy and finds himself face to fist with the Lump.    Magnum interupts the Lump and tries to stab him.   The sword sticks to the sweat from the Lump and Magnum goes with it and magnetically tosses the Lump back.    He goes to fling him at the Inhuman Torch, but is struck by invisible spheres from the Invincible Woman.   
    Marshal Strong tries to upload his antivirus program into the world wide web but is prevented by Doctor Elastic.   Strong warps gravity with his stellar rod, and  Dr. Elastic is reduced by intense gravity to the shape of a rubber carpet.
     Meanwhile   Daisy caused a collapse of the ceiling from her powerblasts, this seperates the group from  Fantastic Boy.    He is on one side of the debris, with nothing but the mental seduction of the Purple Rhombus to keep him company.
      Daisy blasts the Inhuman Torch to embers, while the Invincible Woman knocks Magnum for a loop.   He recovers and smashes the Lump to goo on the Invicible Woman's shield. 
      Magnum tells  Daisy to blast through the rubble to get Fantastic Boy, and Marshal Strong tries to transmute the invisible force field of the Invincible Woman.    She goes beserk at the suggestion of anyone harming Fantastic Boy, and she blasts Daisy, nearly sending her to Coma Town.
     The Invincible Woman screams, "No, don't touch it, its evil" then dispears!   A purple glow is seen through the spaces in the rubble and  Fantastic Boy is possessed by malevolence that is the Purple Rhombus.   Magnum sends a magnetic feild to pick up the boy's belt buckle.  He chokes the kid out then smashes him into the rubble,  cause overkill is his style.

After this,  Marshal uploads the program, and it takes a few hours, but 10100101 is quarentined, unable to do any more harm.

Over all  the world suffered 18 hours of damage in the billions from computer crashes, system failures, and such.     Not a god way to bring in the new year.

* A device created by the Illithids to stop meta powers.  Marshal Strong recognised this as he studied Illithid tech and is one of the world's only expert in their slimy science.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2012 at 2:47am
Print Post  
The Game resulted in a whole mess of casualties.

White King: Dick Manlove
White Queen: Nina Ramone

Nexus: Joe Turner.  He died when his life support failed.

Gates:  Crystal McTaggart was poisoned by The Octopus first attack.

Looker:   Samantha DeRoche.  She was smothered by her costume in the Octopus' second attack.

Jolt: Barney Killigan  Smothered by his own costume.

The Octopus is under arrest and is being questioned by Bette Noir.   

« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2013 at 6:58pm by John »  

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #8 - Nov 10th, 2012 at 9:53am
Print Post  
The only thing you left out is that Strong was immune to Rumor's powers.  for people not knowing this, the fact that Strong remembered who he was wouldn't make sense.

Good fun night of battling! There were a lot of challenges....which created a lot of new opportunities to kill things.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #9 - Nov 10th, 2012 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Nov 10th, 2012 at 2:47am:
The Game resulted in a whole mess of casualties.

White King: Dick Manlove
White Queen: Nina Ramone

Nexus: Joe Turner.  He died when his life support failed.

Gates:  Crystal McTaggart was poisoned by The Octopus first attack.

Looker:   Samantha DeRoche.  She was smothered by her costume in the Octopus' second attack.

Jolt: Barney Killigan  Smothered by his own costume.

The Octopus is under arrest and is being questioned by Bette Noir.   

Unfortunatly the Deep Six Holding Facility is destroyed and all but one inmate escapted.  Judgement didn't escape, and may be drowned in the ruins.  He chose not to leave, saying only, "its not time for Judgement."     Divers are exploring the remains of the under sea prision.

Let's not forget Dr. Cathy Young. Her demise has left a great void in the sad and confused Omega ('s)

Luckily Jack Frost and King Fu survived. I just love the concepts for them.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #10 - Nov 10th, 2012 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Strong was immune to his powers, yes.  But without his powers, he saved your ass with a lucky detection roll.  You were about to get blasted with machine gun fire to your chest, no rolling, no defences.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #11 - Nov 10th, 2012 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Yep I realized that trust me.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #12 - Nov 10th, 2012 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
  Everytime I plan your deaths, you guys get lucky with the rolls.   I am sick of it.   From now on, its just hot steaming death.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #13 - Nov 11th, 2012 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
I like Omega Girl and I guess I am happy she did not die but still curious what would have happened if she did.

Basically the Omega's are created to Die or have to Die to be Created. Something like that.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #14 - Nov 11th, 2012 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Well at least you finally admit that you actually do try to kill us.

Angry

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #15 - Apr 6th, 2013 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
MEANWHILE

Aboard the USS J Edgar Hoover Nuclear Submarine, Stormbringer and Scion are watching the waters.  Below them is the Deep Six Holding Facility, home to the many metahumans that have been incarcerated.   Stationed in the base it is Nemesis Kid.  He is patrolling the corridors as intercepted chatter points to something happening tonight.

At the stroke of midnight, the world goes nuts.  Our heroes are attacked by their own costumes!  Scion adapts to the lack of air and the poisons, while Stormbringer manages to wrestle control of his suit by sheer force of will.   Nemesis Kid tries a few methods of removing his constricting suit, only to harm himself.   He finally calms himself and wills the suit off of him.

Stormbringer talks Scion out of her suit (Sounds dirty doesn’t it?) and saves her.  He also manages to save most of the crewmen by the same method.   He then creates a cold snap and rescues the submarine, which just suffered a catastrophic power failure.

They both see all the lights got out of the Manhattan skyline.    Stormbringer ties to call this in, only to find his ID is broadcasting a droning incantation of 10100101 over and over again.  The Blue Blood as struck!

Stormbringer and Scion dive into the ocean and make it to an airlock on the D6HF.  They get in, only to find that the base has power, which seems to be the only place that is in working order.   BUT, the cells are all open and the prisoners are free.

This sucks for one of the doctors on duty.  To be fair, most things suck for Dr. Dick Dante.   A recent addition to CHESS despite the fact that he lied to everyone who interviewed him for his clearance.  IT sucks even worse that they all know he is lying.  CHESS thinks that if they tell him he is really working for them and assigned to the prison, then he is not really a prisoner.    And he thinks he is the master of misdirection!   Anyway, he is attacked by the great great granddaughter of Anubis, Bitch Queen.  Dante opens one of his gay umbrellas, the one with a ward against metahumans and gets his face caved in.  Why?  Bitch Queen has no meta powers.  Again, things tend to suck for Dick Dante.

Kid Nemesis did a good job of murdering Bog, a minor super villain with a shaky premise so he was good for cannon fodder.  He also stood up to Ogre, one of the originals from the first group  of super villains.  He talked him out of fighting and sent him out to look for a guy named Phil.   This would be impressive if Ogre wasn’t as stupid as a retarded cactus.  Still, he earned experience points for it, so it’s not that bad.

He then met up with a badly beaten Dick Dante, who may or may not have beaten Bitch Queen, because I kind of forgot to tell the truth.  Shows how impressive the fight was >yawn<, and Stormbringer and Scion.  The fight off Alpha Male who is kind of Scion’s archenemy.  He thinks  he is all that and a bag of rape, and Scion doesn’t feel the same for some odd reason.

They then make it to a hub control room and then fight  Venus Fly Trap.  She explains that this prison was spared the Octopus’s attack ( Hey pay attention, the Octopus was revealed to be the Blue Blood months ago, ok,  this is a timey wimey thing, not all adventures happen in chronological order, this is why I have a whole thread labeled Chronicles.  Really, do I have to wipe your assess too?? ) as it’s the perfect base for the rise of the Octagon, and now the safest place on earth.

She offers the heroes, but specifically not the useless doctor, a position in the new world order.  They decline and proceed to kick her ass.   She builds a cocoon out of bark and burns through the floor and escapes.

Oh yea, I forgot, the whole reason to make it to this lab was so that Stormbringer could whip up an antidote to the pollen spores in the air that made everyone want to do Venus’ bidding.     Stormbringer really wanted  to get working on this, as he injected himself  a few adventures ago with chlorophyll in a munchkiny attempt to get a power to recover power without going through the buying a power process.  This is bad now as Venus has total control over all plants.

Oh and while this is going on,  Judgement, the walking time bomb and the "Apocolypse that Walks like a Doom" is walking about doing something.  This scares everyone as he hasn't moved an inch in years.

We stopped here cause it was too late because Mike showed up at 10 30 and showed us his art until 12:45 so we only had eight minutes to play.
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2013 at 3:54pm by John »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #16 - Apr 6th, 2013 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
  John,

Not taking anything away from the other PC's but are you trying to say "Sucks to be Dick Dante"?

And no, outside of poking Bitch Queen in the eye with an Umbrella, Dick most certainly did not beat her.
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2013 at 4:38pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #17 - Apr 6th, 2013 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
not one mention of Stormbringer's attacks?  And saving the Sub by encasing it in ice so it would float? Or saving the entire crew with my awesome die roll?

I hate you and I'm not playing anymore.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #18 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Paul,

I just wanted to take a moment and Thank You and your Character for saving us all.

Where the Hell were you though when Dick Dante was getting his face bitten off by Bitch Queen??!!

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #19 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 10:35am
Print Post  
I don't know where Stormbringer was, but Paul was sitting right next to you pointing a finger and laughing.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #20 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Yeah, I noticed.  Embarrassed

I think Dick is going into the next round with a whopping 3 Hits and 44 Power plus his awesome Spells.

Can't wait to meet Judgement......

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #21 - May 11th, 2013 at 2:44am
Print Post  
After administering the antidote to Venus Fly Traps pollen,  Dick Dante started acting weird.  He was probing the unfathomable depths of the universe for the formulae to a abjuration that should protect him, er, I mean, his patients, yeah that’s it, patients from harm.    It was during this that the inmate called Judgment attacked.

The doors flew open and Judgment walked down the corridor towards the heroes.    Stormbringer acted fast and summoned a blizzard and formed a slippery coating of ice.   Judgment slipped and landed on his back.   Kid Nemesis ran up and determined that not only was Judgment but ugly, but he was somehow convinced that he was the agent of some sort of fate.    Stormbringer than created a micro storm inside Judgment’s body which sapped him of much of his energy.   Judgment yelled in pain.   Something no one has ever heard before.  He lashed out with his telekinesis and blew a hole through the corridor while levitating himself and Scion out of the hole.   

Kid Nemesis tried to grab Scion but   Judgment’s will was too strong.   Stormbringer tried to plug the hole with ice, but  the giant used his body to smash the ice and  soon he and Scion could not be found.    Kid Nemesis ordered everyone to the medical bay and closed the storm doors.

They rested a for a bit but soon  Dick Dante spotted what he thought was a blond serpent trying to strangle one of the medics.   He pulled a scrapple out of his bag and soon realized it was a lock of prehensile hair from the inmate Goldilocks.  Behind her, also in an orange jumpsuit was  Honey Bee and Bone Chill.   Stormbringer attacked Goldilocks with devitalization  and she located him with her hair.    Kid Nemesis and Honey Bee fought.  She proved to be more powerful than he thought.  She withstood a few of his blows and returned them with gusto.  She then ripped off her jacket and shirt to free her wings.  Not one to underestimate a foe more than once,  Kid Nemesis grappled her with his legs and punched her in mid air.  She collapsed, and broke her neck on a table corner.

Bonechill and Stormbringer duked it out with cold powers.   Bonechild deflected most of Stormbringer’s attacks with his constantly reforming ice armor.   Stormbringer then blew him into the wall with a focused hurricane blast.   Kid Nemesis then took him out with a well placed uppercut  to the chin.

They then planned on rescuing the medical staff via the central elevator.  This led to a telescoping plate form where they could them swim to the surface and then the shore.    They stood guard while the meds donned scuba gear.    Dick insisted that they go and rescue his patient, Mrs Gutpa and her son.    They all agreed to rescue CHESS agent Sally Nile.   
  They contacted her and told her to make their way to the medical bay.    They were intercepted by Lapis Lazuli and Ogre.     Kid Nemesis then flooded the area  with gas, and  Ogre was too stupid to hold his breath.  He let go of the woman and her child.  Stormbringer used the distraction created by a bleeding Dick Dante and blew the mother and her infant into the arms of Kid Nemesis with a controlled wind gust. Kid Nemesis then grabbed Dick Dante and pushed everyone into the elevator while  Stormbringer blased Lapis Lazuli down the hall. 
Ogre took a nap in the hallway.

The door closed just in time as the giant insect humanoid Vivisector cut his way into the lab.

They made it up to the admin center when the doors opened and they were greeted by a smug Dr. Phosphorus. He and Wire Mother told them to surrender.   Stormbringer summed a thunderstorm and electrocuted Wire Mother to death.   Kid Nemesis then unleased a volley of eye gouges and ear boxes that forced Dr. Phosphorus to fall stunned onto the floor.  He then gave a good head stomp that caused some of his brains to seep out of his ears.   Left for dead, they then tried to flood the prison and leave.   

Someone pre programed the computer so that it would not flood.    Frustrated, they decided to leave and look for Scion.   As they were boarding the elevator,   Dr. Phosphorus flung some of his burning, acid flesh at the baby.   Dick tried to deflect it, but he was too slow.  The baby then opened its mouth and a tentacle extended and pulled the critically wounded villain into his maw.   The child then resumed normal proportions and burped.

Everyone was a bit freaked out.

They made it to the top of the prison where Stormbringer created an ice bubble and they floated to the surface.    They were finally rescued a few hours later.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #22 - May 11th, 2013 at 3:02am
Print Post  
I have to say that  Kid Nemesis' take down of Dr. Phosphorus was one of the most brutal, and awesome beat downs in my gaming experience.   

He was near death, and if Doc Phos had made one hit,  it was  bye bye for the kid.    All cylinders fired in sync and my original master villain was taken out like a sucker.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #23 - May 11th, 2013 at 3:07am
Print Post  
In fact, was pretty much gunning for all the players.   Not that I wanted to execute them, but this was a major story line wrap up and I tend to make them a bit more dangerous then normal.

Stormbringer pretty much handed Judgment his ass.  I did not see making him fall on his ass.  That was clever.   And blowing Lapis Lazuli out of view and running was pretty good thinking too.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #24 - May 11th, 2013 at 4:50am
Print Post  
Glad I was too busy getting drunk to possibly have Coldsteel die. Because he started an interdimensional war, so he needs to live to see how is fuck up screws the rest of the characters down the road  Embarrassed

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #25 - May 11th, 2013 at 8:38am
Print Post  
I bet No One Expected Dick to do nothing but cut himself and Bleed all over the floor, Huh???

A little shock value there, Huh?

Seriously. I have to say some of if not most of Mike and Pauls attacks are really well thought and and sometimes just plain Nasty. I bow to their Wickedness.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #26 - May 11th, 2013 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
In fact, was pretty much gunning for all the players.

That was painfully obvious.  When I sense that type of night, the cleverness meter goes up.  I have to think of things you haven't thought of.

Glad it all worked out in the end.  And by the way, Lapis owes me $20:

Quote:
And blowing Lapis Lazuli

Tongue

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #27 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Black Jack talked John Q Public into attending the party at the Dojo.  Public didn’t want to admit it, but it was nice to celebrate the New Year with others.  Just as he was about to forget that nagging feeling of impending danger, the craziness started.

Right at midnight, all the TVs started broadcasting nonsense.   Then there were blackouts.  People started to panic. Radios, computers, you name it, anything electronic was corrupted.    Then they heard it…
A DC10 was coming in for a landing.  The pilot heroically was able to get it to land in Cortland Park.  The crash killed everyone onboard and the destruction to the surrounding area was devastating.    Public and Black Jack spend hours helping save lives.  It was during this that they met up with Devil Cry and new vigilante, the Greyhound.
For three days, the four worked tirelessly helping where they were needed.  They pulled people from wreckage, they did first aid, and they stopped looters.    They realized they were on their own.  Most cars were no longer working.   At least that annoying drone stopped coming from all speakers after a few hours.

The few older radios that were uncorrupted said that Marshal Strong and a crew of heroes stopped a villain called the Blue Blood from taking over all the worlds’ electronic systems.  He was an insane zealot who created what he called “the new electronic god.”  Strong managed to quarantine the virus and the Blue Blood, who was a CHESS agent called the Octopus, was killed resisting arrest.   The Government is working around the clock to restore the damage

Greyhound knew the truth.  The government and the corporations did this so everyone would have to buy new electronics.  It was about money.  It’s always about money.  That and the illuminati!
Gangs started to move in.   The four had to take out some of the Skeleton Crew from taking over the streets near the Dojo.   During this, they were asked by an emissary of the Prince (a child prodigy who has a cult like following) to help stop another group of the Crew from pillaging a Duane Reade.
  They got to the pharmacy and saw a hostage situation.  Public and the Greyhound went around back and found the Prince already picking the lock.   They went in and made short work of the gang bangers.    Public and Greyhound stopped to attend to the wounds of the store manager.  The Prince took out a few more and then talked one of the Gangsters into overdosing on pills.

Devil Cry and Black Jack were about to move in on the Skeleton Crewmembers out front of the store when the gangbangers where shot by hidden snipers.   The Prince had his agents watching.  Why did they wait for the four heroes to show up?  Black Jack didn’t like this.  It’s smelled of a test or something. 
In side Devil Cry and Black Jack took out a few more thugs, and the Prince, Public and Greyhound met them in the middle of the store.  Out of the sniper’s fire, Black Jack opened fire on the Prince, surprising everyone, especially himself.

He was sure he hit him a few times.  The prince cartwheeled passed him. Blackjack dropped his guns and blocked the flurry of kicks and punches with his escrima sticks.   The Prince stopped in the street, covered by his hidden snipers and said that they had made a tragic error.  Black Jack fired again, and the Prince was gone.

The rest of January, the four awaited retaliation from the Prince, but all that they saw of him was a Purple Rain record left in Black Jack’s apartment, and one of Public’s masks was stabbed.      They figured he was busy with his schemes to take out the burdens on humanity. 
Slowly power was restored.  It took a massive police and National Guard presence to restore order.     History will call this “Black January” and it officially killed the good feelings inspired by the White Event.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #28 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 10:53am
Print Post  
This was just a Great Story. Look at when we started this. October 2012.

It involved almost every Character we all have. The only ones I think who were not involved were Modi, who was in a Poison Induced Coma and Seer who is really a Tertiary Character for Eric.

Tying In what was happening in The Black Mesa right from the beginning and The Deep Six was awesome.

A lot went on. I have a few favorite things that happened from each but the most recent would be when John Q. Public tried to calm the Hostages in The Bronx Pharmacy while speaking to them from behind that Freaky mask of his. It had the exact opposite affect than he planned so he scared them all out the back door instead.

Both fights at The Mesa and Deep Six were well done.

And of course when Paul as Magnum strangled Richard Franklen with his own Belt. Magnetically of course.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #29 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 11:04am
Print Post  
I liked when Greyhound was explaining his theory of just how the industrial-military complex was behind all this, John Q Public's only response was, "Have you ever been kicked in the teeth?  Hmmm, Curious."

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #30 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 11:13am
Print Post  
And this is why I write these things down and still forget.

Public to Greyhound.

"Have you ever been Mugged? Ever had your teeth kicked in?"

Greyhound looking at him oddly "Uh, No, Why?"

Public " Just Curious"

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #31 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Any post coming about Ran Thanadar and lar Zen?

" Just Curious"

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #32 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Yes that is a new thread.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #33 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Greyhound has a new conspiracy theory of his own, called "The Eugenics Conspiracy" tying in the Udal, the Moevians, Blue Blood and The Prince all together. I'm still working it out

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #34 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
My memory is shot.  I strangled someone with their own belt? LOL I rock!

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools

>