Normal Topic Power Sources (Read 330 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Power Sources
Nov 9th, 2012 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
  In my world there aren't too many ways to get super powers.    Most are created by CHESS using Dr. Apacapolous' method.     Since the  White Event,  the Probably Curve is fucked and random  Meta Events are causing super powers.    Those are still rare, and are being watched.

So here are the ways one can become a super heroe in my game.  Starting with the most comom.

1. Metapowers:  This is the true super power.  Flight, invulerablity etc.  The being has these powers because they do.  Its a paradox that is being studied.     The only known issue with these powers is that they are fueled by an extradimensioal source through a tiny worm hole in the brain.   The other end of this "tunnel" is still unknown at this point.    Metabeings can channel too much power and go mad.   This is bad.   Also certain races, Illithids ( with no meta beings of their own) for example, had developed ways to attack and sever this tunnel with technology.

2. Magic:  Cetain wizards have powered indviduals through magic spells.  Dr. Nadir made a team of magic powered supernaturals.  Less is known about this method and the above.

3. Technological:   The era of super science is at its infancy.   Supers like Glare and Kid Nemesis and now Manta Man are employing advanced technological devices to simulate metapowers.  The advantage of this, is no pychosis side effects which is good.  The bad, the expense and the rarity of fuels, such as orichalcum.

4. Biological:  Science is at a threshold.  Scientists such as the villainous Dr. Robug  and his former employer Dr. Morrow, have been adding some extra twists on the DNA helix of test subjects and giving them ablities which seem to some as super powers.    These aren't as fantastic as meta powers, but they can't be taken away by methods that the Illithids employ as they are natural.    The problem is they can breed through creating "monsters."      The Helix Corp as been hired by  MedUSA and the Federal government to study this phenomina.   Biological powers are usually Animal Powers, Body powers and some mutant powers.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

>